pinckneyville the unfriendly little city

Posted in the Pinckneyville Forum

freddie

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Jul 24, 2011
I have lived in pville for over 30 yrs and this is one unfriendly town. There are alot of people here who need to get of there high horse and come down to earth. Thats right ,you are not any better than anyone else that lives in this town. You know who you are. The holier than thou crowd are the my kid is in sports crowd and shouldnt get in trouble. I dont know if anyone else has noticed but this is a very double standard town. If you are connected to someone you or your kids are more likely to get a brake than the other person. And then there are those of you who set in the local cafe drinking coffee that look friendly but let someone come in thats a little different and things get unfriendly. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nick

Carterville, IL

#2 Jul 25, 2011
That is how the system turns, especially in this area. Pville, DQ, wherever. The world is set up that way by greed, and the system creates competition and greed. We are quickly destroying ourselves. No freedom unless you consider doing what the system wants you to do as freedom. We are all controlled by the rich, those 'above' us in society's ranking. This will only get worse unless the system fails.
jon

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Aug 6, 2011
I hate this town. The longer i live here the worse it gets. This place is so depressing. People look down there nose at other people all the time. If you go into McDonalds early and set and watch them you can hear them and watch them look and talk about people. And one table seems to have a hard time keeping there eyes off young girls. And the others are so prejudice that it makes me ashamed to say im from Pinckneyville. I was in McDonalds one morning and a attractive lady that skin tone wasnt the same as them came in . They stared at her and talked about her until she left. Then i guess another victim came along and they started on them.
rolow

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Sep 18, 2011
the ppl who want this new hospital r crazy. do they realize that most of the ppl here dont thnk we can sustain a new hospital and even more cant afford higher taxes. we will end up wrkn for them rather than them wrkn for us. but i dont thnk they care as long as they get a feather n thr cap. SAD
ono

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Sep 19, 2011
Has anyone notice how the staff at pville high school is made up of ex students or ex jocks? I wonder if these people were the best people for the job are picked because of who they are and who they know.
June Bug

Champaign, IL

#6 Sep 21, 2011
The Pville High School Faculty Buddy-Buddy system has already entrenched itself deeply within the school, you might as well accept that.

The real probem with Pvile High is that teachers do not want to do anymore than what is absolutely necesarry. Students cheat and copy 24/7 and rarely get caught because its much easier to just grade the assignment than to call out the student and go through the process of getting them in trouble.(This makes the teacher look like a bad person! NEVER! Is it not true that someone elses opinion of you means everything in pville?!?!?!)
ono

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Sep 22, 2011
June Bug you hit the nail on the head .Someone elses opinion of a person in pville does mean everything and if you happen not to be in the click your not worthy of the same treatment.Look at the coaches that try to be teachers at that school.I know a young man that had coach Cheek for a math class that was having some trouble and ask if he could work in the math lab befor are after school and was told no. But when his family talked to a school counslor they were told that the lab was open in the morning and after school for the ball players.
why me

Carbondale, IL

#8 Sep 29, 2011
ono wrote:
Has anyone notice how the staff at pville high school is made up of ex students or ex jocks? I wonder if these people were the best people for the job are picked because of who they are and who they know.
HAHAHAHAHA SO TRUE. it's because pville sucks so bad that it traps people, of course the school is tun by a bunch of kids who peaked in high school and never did anything better with their lives...... i lived there my entire life and all it did was suck my soul out each day i was there. crooked people, playing crooked games
why us

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Sep 30, 2011
It is one of the most depressing places to live. Most of the people walk around with their noses in the air. The people that are truly friendly are over shadowed by the ones that are not.
Famous Buzzy B

Champaign, IL

#10 Dec 20, 2011
You poor losers on here crying because people wouldn't acknowledge you. The popular people and jocks usually go to college and become something of themselves...while the junkers work fast food in the town they grew up in. Stop being jealous and move to Cutler to be with the rest of your families!
McDunna

Columbia, MO

#11 Dec 20, 2011
Looks like some head over to Caseyville for their kicks, like your closet case sheriff.
Thedamntruth

Tyler, MN

#12 Dec 20, 2011
What has this city come to? Everyone on here sounds like either a snobby ass or some ex nerd out for revenge. Why dont you guys quit putting eachother down and grow up? After all you are all talking smack about some random person in town n everything they do wrong..what makes you any better? If ur snobby enough to look down on people then they are 10.000 times better than you will ever be. So keep on fitting the names people are calling all of you and write some more posts.
lives in Pinckneyville

Enfield, IL

#13 Feb 18, 2012
Pinckneyville has always been about who youre related to, married to or know. Its not about anyone being ex nerds (though I'm sure that was spoken by some 'name' in Pinckneyville defending their 'status') it's about being judged on your merit and not just because youre some dumb fuck with the right last name. Pinckneyville is a joke that never gets any more funny. I've lived here most of my life and other places. NONE of them were like this BS place. People of power in larger cities laugh their asses off at the corruption here.

Since: Aug 12

Carterville, IL

#14 Aug 31, 2012
I can't stand the people in P'Ville but have to live here for a while longer. It's so true that the ones that make life so unbearable for others are also the ones that are the so-called big shots and merchants and people of faith not to mention the majority of this town is FULL of Hypocrites and back stabbers. Oh yeah forgot that you all shit roses!
Agree

Carbondale, IL

#15 May 15, 2014
This is an old topic but I totally agree about this town. I was born here, Recently moved back. My extended Family is here, I have lived all over and I have never seen anything like it. Lived mostly in the south where people are friendly and care. Even my family are snobs to their own family. Worst mistake I ever made moving back. The thing I can't believe is the constant gossip. I guess people don't have anything better to do here.
Rich Wealthington

Overland Park, KS

#16 May 16, 2014
We don't acknowledge you people because you are all little greasy rats who run around doing the nasty work us privileged people don't have to do. We just know that we're better than you and aren't too afraid to show it
WTF

Benton, IL

#17 May 20, 2014
Really "Rich" first of all I seriously doubt you make any money at all or are any kind of good citizen of the community. You dont need money to have class, and the fact that you just spoke that way shows you have zero. Class is being a respectable...(you might want to google that word ) person. Who also speaks to people in a way they would like to be spoken to. If your parents brought you up right, you would know that. Instead you are a disgusting pathetic douche. I feel sorry for your wife and family who have to deal with you and your effed up mental issues. Hopefully they developed an open mind and dont end up like ur stupid ass. Oh and btw even though im sure you made up that last name. Its gay as shit. So even ur imagination is a faggot douche.:)
Im one of them losers

Tampa, FL

#18 May 25, 2014
I'm pretty sure "rich" was tryn to make a joke....who's the pervert who owns panther wash? He preaches to some people and last week he was talking very rude in a sexual content to my 14 yr old cousin..I like how if you complain about corruption your automatically accused of being a criminal...I guess a man just can't believe in his rights as an American...
Eeyore

Nevada, MO

#19 May 26, 2014
This town is just depressing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinckneyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meagan shaw aka megs shaw 43 min chad 1
So tired of Pinckneyville drama Thu FID 2
Katie Presswood Thu Mexican 14
Monica Isom, (Dec '13) Thu random bystander 9
brent lively Jan 27 sweet sue 1
Trent at O'Reilly Jan 27 Seen for myself 2
Tim Bruno BADDEST DUDE IN P-VILLE (Mar '13) Jan 26 dick b swangin 15
Pinckneyville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinckneyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet