Police: Mother Left Infant in Hot Car

Police: Mother Left Infant in Hot Car

There are 48 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Aug 13, 2010, titled Police: Mother Left Infant in Hot Car. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Investigators in Pilot Mountain said they will not file charges against a mother who left her infant child in a hot car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HellHathNo Fury

Carrboro, NC

#1 Aug 13, 2010
OK, so lesson learned, I hope. THank God it was a happy ending ....this time
kgw

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2010
OK how do people forget they have there on child
baffled in tville

Greensboro, NC

#4 Aug 13, 2010
HOW CAN YOU FORGET THAT YOU HAVE A BABY IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR CAR??? DID YOU NOT REMEMBER PUTTING THEM THERE? SERIOUSLY? I AM CONSTANTLY TALKING TO MY CHILDREN WHEN WE ARE IN THE CAR (EVEN AS BABIES, I DID THAT) THANK GOD FOR THE PERSON THAT SAW THE BABY IN THE CAR! SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO BE KICKED IN THE @SS!!!!
Momof2Boys

Wallburg, NC

#5 Aug 13, 2010
I'm glad everyone is ok - but I just don't get the whole "I forgot the baby was in the car" How do you forget your kids are in the car? Especially a 6 month old.
go figure

High Point, NC

#6 Aug 13, 2010
i use 2 work at foodlion for almost 6 years and at least 1 time a summer someone did the same thing.... most of the time it was hispanic's that had like 5 other kids!!! if u have so many kids that u forget 1 in the car u need 2 STOP HAVING KIDS!!!!
not good

Winston Salem, NC

#8 Aug 13, 2010
baffled in tville wrote:
HOW CAN YOU FORGET THAT YOU HAVE A BABY IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR CAR??? DID YOU NOT REMEMBER PUTTING THEM THERE? SERIOUSLY? I AM CONSTANTLY TALKING TO MY CHILDREN WHEN WE ARE IN THE CAR (EVEN AS BABIES, I DID THAT) THANK GOD FOR THE PERSON THAT SAW THE BABY IN THE CAR! SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO BE KICKED IN THE ****!!!!
Im with you on this one. I don't understand how anyone can forget you have a baby in the car!!!!!!!!!!
CRS

Greensboro, NC

#9 Aug 13, 2010
Is this lady on drugs? How in the world do you forget your child is in YOUR car.
locohot

High Point, NC

#10 Aug 13, 2010
well,the investigators should be investigating the investigators who are not charging the woman who left her 6 month old baby in the hot car...why aren't they charging her ??? well, i guess pilot mountain people don't care..no big deal..only ''moonshine''...
sir william

Greensboro, NC

#11 Aug 13, 2010
Can't you arrest her for being STUPID?
Thejudgemeister

Raleigh, NC

#12 Aug 13, 2010
Unfortunately this happens a lot. I saw two children in a closed car without air on Wed. at the High Point Post Office. The mother came out just as I was about to call 911. One child was in a carrier and appeared to be less than 1 year old while the other appeared to be around 4 years old. What she did was no accident. I only regret that I could not get the tag number before she raced out of the parking lot.

It would be great if the press would do a report on the dangers of a closed car and how fast the temperature can rise even on a day that is not so hot.
furreal

Summerville, SC

#13 Aug 13, 2010
You forget your keys, an appointment, your phone number, a persons name...... a child in the car on any day hot or otherwise. I make excuses for people all the time, look for the good but hello .... somethings just are not an accident.
Thejudgemeister

Raleigh, NC

#14 Aug 13, 2010
sir william wrote:
Can't you arrest her for being STUPID?
We could not possibly have enough jail space for all of the stupid people.:)
Julia

Yadkinville, NC

#15 Aug 13, 2010
How do you forget your child? Doesn't sound right to me.
MrsNC

Mount Airy, NC

#16 Aug 13, 2010
wow how sad.. at least the baby is ok.. but i think mom needs some parenting classes.. asap.
Mel

United States

#17 Aug 13, 2010
How the h*** to u forget your baby??? whatever the child should be taken away, She didn't forget s***, she is just evil and sorry
Mandy

Burlington, NC

#18 Aug 13, 2010
"It could have been a shift in routine; the baby could have been quiet and asleep." Parenting magazine, June 2010. Read the article before you go making judgements. It will open your eyes.
troublechey8

High Point, NC

#19 Aug 13, 2010
what in the hell is wrong with people today? i work at a dollar general and i see people doing this kind of shit all the time...it makes me mad....kids or old people or even animals cant handle 110 degrees inside a car!! people need to wake up and smell the coffee....as hot as it is i cant believe someone has not died because of all the stupid people!!
Shelly

United States

#20 Aug 13, 2010
How in the world can you forget that "your" child in the car. My lord this is ridiculos. Any responsible parent wouldnt. And the police saying he thinks it a mistake? Please, would you forget your kids? You spank your child for doing wrong and its child abuse, but leaving your child in a hot car? Oh thats just fine, simple mistake. Whats wrong with these people? Luckily the baby is ok.
NANA

High Point, NC

#21 Aug 13, 2010
PUT HER IN A HOT CAR AND FORGET HER!!!!
TO BAD THEY DONT MAKE A PILL FOR BEING STUPID!!!
seriously

Burlington, NC

#22 Aug 13, 2010
how the "f" can you forget your child is in the car. Really??? people should have to take a stupidity test before they can become parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilot Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In search of a good night's sleep (Jul '07) Aug 27 williamssmith1n 35
Pilot Mountain Town Manager (Jun '14) Aug 25 The Judge 33
tracy gwyn dawkins Jul '15 lil bit 1
Home place recreational park Jul '15 Proud 1
The Real Reason They Shut Down Sweepstakes? Jul '15 Tammy 1
Hazelnut Court Jun '15 Carol 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Mike Marshall as Sheriff? (Mar '12) Jun '15 joihn 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pilot Mountain Mortgages