Washed Out Road Receives Repairs

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 16
A private road that was washed away earlier this month by a storm has been repaired free of charge by three local paving companies. Full Story
WooHoo

Ramseur, NC

#1 Aug 27, 2010
During a period where there is so much negativity and evil in the world---It is SO nice to see there are still good people willing to help one another!!
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#2 Aug 27, 2010
Way to go guys! Thanks for posting the Up Date!
Darryl

Greensboro, NC

#3 Aug 27, 2010
There are angels out there.
Rational Thinker

Greensboro, NC

#4 Aug 27, 2010
Way to go!!! True compassion at work!
Anonymous

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2010
These companies donated their time and materials to help out someone they didn't even know. It is wonderful to know that there are still people in this world who care. I finally figured out who the other company was. It was Bobby Grubb Hauling and Grading from Welcome. It sounds as if they all did a wonderful job for this family in need. Although they did this free of charge, they will forever be rewarded.
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#6 Aug 27, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
These companies donated their time and materials to help out someone they didn't even know. It is wonderful to know that there are still people in this world who care. I finally figured out who the other company was. It was Bobby Grubb Hauling and Grading from Welcome. It sounds as if they all did a wonderful job for this family in need. Although they did this free of charge, they will forever be rewarded.
Thanks for finding out who the others were.
MotherGoose

High Point, NC

#7 Aug 28, 2010
This story should include the names of the other two companies so they can get recongnition for their good deed!
d-rail

Durham, NC

#8 Aug 28, 2010
i think that those guys fixing it is heaven sent
John in High Point

AOL

#9 Aug 28, 2010
In the days of darkness, it is so nice to see the Heavens brighten and to see His angels singing !!
Thanks to all the contractors for obeying God's word. All of you will be greeted at the Pearly Gates and be give many gold stars. Thank you again.
Lynch Grading Pilot Mtn

United States

#10 Aug 28, 2010
Thank you guys for all the kind words.We at Lynch Grading would like to thank James Lundy of Madison NC and Bobby Grubb Grading in Welcome NC.We did not know these guys until yesterday,but they are super nice guys.we all worked together for the same reason and to get these people some help.and thanks to Vulcan Materials for their help..And thanks to all the people that called to offer more help if needed.
HONEY 13

Burlington, NC

#11 Aug 28, 2010
Thank you to the companies that donated their time and materials for this very worth while project. All of us need a helping hand sometime. If more businesses and employees would respond in this manner - just think what we could accomplish. Guys you definately made the angels smile.
tina

Lexington, NC

#12 Aug 28, 2010
you guy that help these family will get rewarded indeed god take care of his people you put your company out to help god going to bless you guy richley nothing was done in vein you did to help somebody so god going to take care of you guy
MamaBear

Bowling Green, SC

#13 Aug 28, 2010
MotherGoose wrote:
This story should include the names of the other two companies so they can get recongnition for their good deed!
I agree! I think this was such a wonderful gift that those companies gave to those families. There should have been a much bigger report including thoughts from the family, as well as every company that helped.
John in High Point

AOL

#14 Aug 28, 2010
Lynch Grading Pilot Mtn wrote:
Thank you guys for all the kind words.We at Lynch Grading would like to thank James Lundy of Madison NC and Bobby Grubb Grading in Welcome NC.We did not know these guys until yesterday,but they are super nice guys.we all worked together for the same reason and to get these people some help.and thanks to Vulcan Materials for their help..And thanks to all the people that called to offer more help if needed.
It is people like you that are so very much needed in our world. Thanks
JLH

Clemmons, NC

#15 Aug 28, 2010
There are still those who put service to others above profits. May God bless you all!
tiger

Winston Salem, NC

#16 Aug 28, 2010
These folks who step up to help their fellow man, are TRUE AMERICAN HEROS, coming through for an unmet need. This is the AMERICAN SPIRIT, shown through southern hospitality. You can be sure that these businesses will flourish, even in this economy, because they give back to their community. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilot Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 50 min State of Florida 59,649
looking for wesley !! Aug 31 wanna know 1
Hey Gerry! Aug 24 anon 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mount Airy, NC (Jul '10) Aug 21 Deann 26
Mayberry "Exposed" (Jun '10) Aug '14 Mess 39
Jarrod mcpeters Aug '14 TTT 1
Pilot Mountain Town Manager Aug '14 Susy 9
•••
•••

Pilot Mountain Jobs

•••
•••
•••