Democratic Party Is The Working Man's...

Democratic Party Is The Working Man's Party

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
brother

Dunlap, TN

#1 Apr 15, 2011
I am very proud of the Democratic Party for their long history in fighting for the middle class, poor, elderly, children, and small businesses.

How a middle class, low income, or elderly person could ever vote republican is beyond me.
notmybrother

Cleveland, TN

#2 Apr 15, 2011
The democratic party is the communist party.
bill

Dunlap, TN

#3 Apr 15, 2011
notmybrother wrote:
The democratic party is the communist party.
a gay Communist party
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#4 Apr 15, 2011
brother wrote:
I am very proud of the Democratic Party for their long history in fighting for the middle class, poor, elderly, children, and small businesses.
How a middle class, low income, or elderly person could ever vote republican is beyond me.
So true, now that the Republicans are going to gut Social Programs, give tax breaks to big business, and ultra rich and put the burden on the backs of middle class and low income, the average worker from Tn. is taking whatever little scrap's are thrown to them by the GOP. People here work so very hard but in return they are walked on, every day, every where. People here fight for their country, but when they get back....after the dust settles, it's back to business as usual, that would be a low paying job, with taxes, taxes, taxes. Big company's get the tax breaks but the hard worker from Tn. gets a tube of K.Y. jelly and is told to bend over!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 15, 2011
Have Dems always been called Socialists? Have you noticed the thousand-time increase in calling Dems socialist or commies in the last 3 years? My God, I'll upchuck if I hear the overused 'S' or 'C' word one more time. I'm sorry did Senator McCarthy die and reincarnate into Fox News?
vet

Stockbridge, GA

#6 Apr 16, 2011
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>So true, now that the Republicans are going to gut Social Programs, give tax breaks to big business, and ultra rich and put the burden on the backs of middle class and low income, the average worker from Tn. is taking whatever little scrap's are thrown to them by the GOP. People here work so very hard but in return they are walked on, every day, every where. People here fight for their country, but when they get back....after the dust settles, it's back to business as usual, that would be a low paying job, with taxes, taxes, taxes. Big company's get the tax breaks but the hard worker from Tn. gets a tube of K.Y. jelly and is told to bend over!
Total BS.
limelight

AOL

#7 Apr 16, 2011
I don't know if you are aware of this, Dunlapian, but those big businesses that receive the tax breaks are the ones that employ the "working man". After the Democrat party finishes destroying those big businesses, there will be no jobs for the "working man". Also, it is easy to see through the false facade of the Democrat party's favorite line of fighting for the poor and elderly. The Democrat party throws money into the abyss of welfare, etc. to buy votes from the poor. They could care less about their well being. They are not interested in an overhaul of the programs in American that are destroying the economy and keeping the poor in their socioeconomic condition. They want to keep them in their socioeconomic condition since that makes them easier to control. When your president gets finished destroying the healthcare system and starts rationing healthcare, see how you like it when your 70 year old grandmother needs life saving surgery, and the government tells you she is dispensable (of course they will phrase it more tactfully). Do some research if you don't believe me. Educate yourself instead of spewing the talking points that have been handed down to you from generations past. The Democrat party your great grandfather belonged to is not the one in existance today! Destroying the rich will never help the "working man" nor the poor! Poor people don't own companies and hire the "working man". Just keep that in mind. Rich does not equal evil. A government that wants to destroy the wealthy out of the desire for greed and control equals evil!
brother

Dunlap, TN

#8 Apr 16, 2011
Facts are facts. Of the two parties, the Democratic is only one that fights to help people that are struggling. They always have and always will. Where would we be without unemployment benefits, min wage requirements, medicare and medicade, social security, family leave act, and the list goes on and on. None of these programs would ever pass a republican lead government.

The Democratic party is not a gay or straight party, not a gun control party, or an abortion party, it is the peoples party that can respect the views of others without agreeing with their views.
Dunlapian

Pikeville, TN

#9 Apr 16, 2011
limelight wrote:
I don't know if you are aware of this, Dunlapian, but those big businesses that receive the tax breaks are the ones that employ the "working man". After the Democrat party finishes destroying those big businesses, there will be no jobs for the "working man". Also, it is easy to see through the false facade of the Democrat party's favorite line of fighting for the poor and elderly. The Democrat party throws money into the abyss of welfare, etc. to buy votes from the poor. They could care less about their well being. They are not interested in an overhaul of the programs in American that are destroying the economy and keeping the poor in their socioeconomic condition. They want to keep them in their socioeconomic condition since that makes them easier to control. When your president gets finished destroying the healthcare system and starts rationing healthcare, see how you like it when your 70 year old grandmother needs life saving surgery, and the government tells you she is dispensable (of course they will phrase it more tactfully). Do some research if you don't believe me. Educate yourself instead of spewing the talking points that have been handed down to you from generations past. The Democrat party your great grandfather belonged to is not the one in existance today! Destroying the rich will never help the "working man" nor the poor! Poor people don't own companies and hire the "working man". Just keep that in mind. Rich does not equal evil. A government that wants to destroy the wealthy out of the desire for greed and control equals evil!
I have read all your points and except for the issue about company's hiring workers and poor people don't own company's(no brainers), I do not agree with any of them!
notmybrotherskee per

Cleveland, TN

#10 Apr 16, 2011
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>So true, now that the Republicans are going to gut Social Programs, give tax breaks to big business, and ultra rich and put the burden on the backs of middle class and low income, the average worker from Tn. is taking whatever little scrap's are thrown to them by the GOP. People here work so very hard but in return they are walked on, every day, every where. People here fight for their country, but when they get back....after the dust settles, it's back to business as usual, that would be a low paying job, with taxes, taxes, taxes. Big company's get the tax breaks but the hard worker from Tn. gets a tube of K.Y. jelly and is told to bend over!
What rock are you living under?Obama and his cronies are letting GE and other big companies go tax free.Wake up people.
notmybrotherskee per

Cleveland, TN

#11 Apr 16, 2011
Here are the facts: the largest amount of revenue the federal government has ever brought in during one fiscal year was $2.7 trillion in FY 2008 – under the dreaded George W. Bush and his ‘tax cuts for the rich.’ Even if the government were to raise this much revenue in FY 2011, we would still be over $1 trillion short of what Obama wants to spend this year.
My challenge to liberals is simple: Can you please explain to me how raising taxes on ‘the rich’ is going to close this gap? The government is only going to collect $2.2 trillion dollars in FY 2011, and the CBO’s best estimates show that even if the Bush tax rates had expired at the end of last year, the government would have brought in an additional $60 billion per year. That leaves us at $2.26 trillion for FY 2011 – still over $1.5 trillion less than what we’re scheduled to spend.

That is a question I would love to see the Tax-n-Spend Democratic so-called progressive portion of this country attempt to answer without changing the subject, making excuses or distracting in any way.

Just a straight answer. A clear explanation.
Duh

Rossville, GA

#12 Apr 16, 2011
Well, I'll just quit working then and let you take care of me for a change. Why bust my ass to have something, and the demorats take it away and give it to deadbeats! You know I'm right!They are SOCIALISTS!!!! PIGS!!!!
Just wondering

Roy, WA

#13 Apr 16, 2011
limelight wrote:
I don't know if you are aware of this, Dunlapian, but those big businesses that receive the tax breaks are the ones that employ the "working man". After the Democrat party finishes destroying those big Well then when cleaning that potty mouth I hope you skip the toothpaste and reach for the toilet bowel cleaner., there will be no jobs for the "working man". Also, it is easy to see through the false facade of the Democrat party's favorite line of fighting for the poor and elderly. The Democrat party throws money into the abyss of welfare, etc. to buy votes from the poor. They could care less about their well being. They are not interested in an overhaul of the programs in American that are destroying the economy and keeping the poor in their socioeconomic condition. They want to keep them in their socioeconomic condition since that makes them easier to control. When your president gets finished destroying the healthcare system and starts rationing healthcare, see how you like it when your 70 year old grandmother needs life saving surgery, and the government tells you she is dispensable (of course they will phrase it more tactfully). Do some research if you don't believe me. Educate yourself instead of spewing the talking points that have been handed down to you from generations past. The Democrat party your great grandfather belonged to is not the one in existance today! Destroying the rich will never help the "working man" nor the poor! Poor people don't own companies and hire the "working man". Just keep that in mind. Rich does not equal evil. A government that wants to destroy the wealthy out of the desire for greed and control equals evil!
The Rebublicans could care less about the working man too. They know if they can take away everything the poor man has then the poor will have to work for these "big businesses" for whatever pay they offer..... And the rich keep getting richer!
Democracy

United States

#14 Apr 16, 2011
I use to pride myself in being a Democrat. But over time I have watched Democrats reward Lazy people by giving Welfare. Welfare has its place but for people that are simply too lazy too work they shouldn't be given free money. Also thanks to the Democrats we have NAFTA which means big companies rather than employing Americans they outsource their work to places like India for cheaper wages. I use to have a little confidence in Democrats being that I am a hard working individual. I use to believe the greek meaning of democracy which means power to the people. Not anymore. The democrats are changing to Socialism and a New World Order. With this read Revelations and you will know the end result which is coming Quickly
vet

Stockbridge, GA

#15 Apr 16, 2011
Democracy wrote:
I use to pride myself in being a Democrat. But over time I have watched Democrats reward Lazy people by giving Welfare. Welfare has its place but for people that are simply too lazy too work they shouldn't be given free money. Also thanks to the Democrats we have NAFTA which means big companies rather than employing Americans they outsource their work to places like India for cheaper wages. I use to have a little confidence in Democrats being that I am a hard working individual. I use to believe the greek meaning of democracy which means power to the people. Not anymore. The democrats are changing to Socialism and a New World Order. With this read Revelations and you will know the end result which is coming Quickly
Good post.
Willard

Dunlap, TN

#16 Apr 16, 2011
limelight wrote:
I don't know if you are aware of this, Dunlapian, but those big businesses that receive the tax breaks are the ones that employ the "working man". After the Democrat party finishes destroying those big businesses, there will be no jobs for the "working man". Also, it is easy to see through the false facade of the Democrat party's favorite line of fighting for the poor and elderly. The Democrat party throws money into the abyss of welfare, etc. to buy votes from the poor. They could care less about their well being. They are not interested in an overhaul of the programs in American that are destroying the economy and keeping the poor in their socioeconomic condition. They want to keep them in their socioeconomic condition since that makes them easier to control. When your president gets finished destroying the healthcare system and starts rationing healthcare, see how you like it when your 70 year old grandmother needs life saving surgery, and the government tells you she is dispensable (of course they will phrase it more tactfully). Do some research if you don't believe me. Educate yourself instead of spewing the talking points that have been handed down to you from generations past. The Democrat party your great grandfather belonged to is not the one in existance today! Destroying the rich will never help the "working man" nor the poor! Poor people don't own companies and hire the "working man". Just keep that in mind. Rich does not equal evil. A government that wants to destroy the wealthy out of the desire for greed and control equals evil!
Thankyou, at least someone has a brain out there!
Willard

Dunlap, TN

#17 Apr 16, 2011
notmybrotherskeeper wrote:
Here are the facts: the largest amount of revenue the federal government has ever brought in during one fiscal year was $2.7 trillion in FY 2008 – under the dreaded George W. Bush and his ‘tax cuts for the rich.’ Even if the government were to raise this much revenue in FY 2011, we would still be over $1 trillion short of what Obama wants to spend this year.
My challenge to liberals is simple: Can you please explain to me how raising taxes on ‘the rich’ is going to close this gap? The government is only going to collect $2.2 trillion dollars in FY 2011, and the CBO’s best estimates show that even if the Bush tax rates had expired at the end of last year, the government would have brought in an additional $60 billion per year. That leaves us at $2.26 trillion for FY 2011 – still over $1.5 trillion less than what we’re scheduled to spend.
That is a question I would love to see the Tax-n-Spend Democratic so-called progressive portion of this country attempt to answer without changing the subject, making excuses or distracting in any way.
Just a straight answer. A clear explanation.
Great analysis, Great question! But don't hold your breath awaiting a coherent answer from socialists. You won't get one!
Willard

Dunlap, TN

#18 Apr 16, 2011
Democracy wrote:
I use to pride myself in being a Democrat. But over time I have watched Democrats reward Lazy people by giving Welfare. Welfare has its place but for people that are simply too lazy too work they shouldn't be given free money. Also thanks to the Democrats we have NAFTA which means big companies rather than employing Americans they outsource their work to places like India for cheaper wages. I use to have a little confidence in Democrats being that I am a hard working individual. I use to believe the greek meaning of democracy which means power to the people. Not anymore. The democrats are changing to Socialism and a New World Order. With this read Revelations and you will know the end result which is coming Quickly
It's so nice to hear from the enlightended. I'm proud of you and thankful you escaped the demtard party with any sanity left. They have been taken over by marxists, socialists, militant homosexuals, radical environmentalists, and Global Government prostitutes. Unfortunately, both parties are infected now! God bless you.
lmao

Pikeville, TN

#19 Apr 16, 2011
If your for gay's being able to marry your for the democrats

If your for the Welfare handouts then yep your democrat as well

If your for taking god off everything in america them your right where you need to be with the democrats

If your guns don't mean squat to you then your dam sure a democrat

If you think it's alright for women to go out & get abortions that your tax dollars pay for each time she gets in trouble, killing a innocent life that GOD seen fit to concieve yeah you need to be with OBAMA

If you think you don't pay enough taxes & we need our taxes raised more, yep your a democrat

If you think paying $4.00 a gallon for gas is ok because we can not drill for our own oil in Alaska to preserve a Alaskan Snow Knat that is only found in that area of the world, then yeah your a rich democrat

If you think OBAMA isn't the Worst President this country's every had, then your a brainwashed democrat & that's the worst kind...LMAO
Straight Shooter

Shawnee, OK

#20 Apr 16, 2011
The Republicans aren't any angels; but at least some of them give it a legitimate try to do something that benefits even the Dimmercraps who don't vote for them! MORE than I can say for Obummer and his crowd!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wage war you get war 3 min beastman 17
Vickie Ray 9 min In the Know 27
Baby monitor 36 min Familyfriend 5
Chris Grippe (Apr '15) 37 min Dmg 13
neighbor 21 hr john 2
Bledsoe School Board (Apr '15) 21 hr Disappointed 18
kelly (Aug '11) Jun 23 Holly 2

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages