Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 21, 2009
Who can tell me why our local Freemason lodge is named "St. Elmo". A quarter for the first correct answer!
what

Dunlap, TN

#2 Dec 21, 2009
i always wondered this
Big Liar wrote:
Who can tell me why our local Freemason lodge is named "St. Elmo". A quarter for the first correct answer!
hillbilly

Dunlap, TN

#3 Dec 21, 2009
go to wikipedia delta Phil's chapter and it will explain the name,,,
rider

Gwinn, MI

#4 Jul 6, 2010
Anti-Masonic Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Origins · Formation of a ...· Political conventions · Candidates
The Anti-Masonic Party (also known as the Anti-Masonic Movement) was a 19th century minor political party in the United States. It strongly opposed Freemasonry and was founded as a ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Masonic_Party · Cached page
rider

Gwinn, MI

#5 Jul 6, 2010
Past Anti-Masons - John Quincy Adams
During the past three hundred years, those who've opposed Freemasonry have been both small in number and stature. The one exception was the sixth President of the United States ...

www.masonicinfo.com/jqadams.htm · Cached page
FBI

Cleveland, TN

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Freemasons are secret government spies and have all the power in government. Oh,sorry. You all already knew that.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 9, 2010
You're all wrong! >=O

Since: Apr 09

Tennessee

#9 Jul 13, 2010
Big Liar...you are so full of it. The local lodge is named "St. Elmo" because this particular lodge was started in St. Elmo Tennessee, right outside of chattanooga and moved to Pikeville. At the time this lodge moved here, it was the second lodge in Pikeville. If anyone has any question about the history of this lodge, just ask a mason. The masons and shriners do so much for our community without seeking any recognition for it. These are some really good men that give their time and money to help those that they may have never even met. Those that make negative statements about this organization speak out of ignorance....If you dont know what you speak of, keep your mouth shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Douglas Fiancé 1 hr MuddyTires 4
Brandi Skiles 7 hr Yep 2
Who is the nost respected man/woman in Bledsoe ... Sat MattD 3
Horny Fri just asking 13
Poll Do you belive Upchurch should only hold one office (Feb '08) Fri Report austin 354
Upchurch's success? (Sep '11) Fri Report austin 92
how did all of Pikeville get so inbred? Thu Momma sister 7

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages