Murder trial begins in cookout killin...

Murder trial begins in cookout killing in Bledsoe

There are 24 comments on the WMC-TV Memphis story from Oct 31, 2011, titled Murder trial begins in cookout killing in Bledsoe. In it, WMC-TV Memphis reports that:

Trial is beginning for a Bledsoe County man charged with the 2009 kidnapping and beating death of a man at a cookout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMC-TV Memphis.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
REDONTHEHEAD78

Pikeville, TN

#1 Nov 4, 2011
Walked in the courtroom with a smug grin on his face. It always has been called "The BBQ Gone Wrong"...LOL
Home town Girl

Dunlap, TN

#2 Nov 26, 2011
Its a shame that Lonnie Lee Angel Jr. going to Jail for a long time for nothing . That Fucjing so lawyer that he had James Smith Jr.(jim) If he had done his job right Lonnie Lee would not be in jail right now. James SmithJr. Would just sit there like a fucking dumb ass and not do nothing. He showed have had his sin and step-son put on the stand and they could have told everything that really happen at the cook out.If he was any kind of lawyer her would have look inside the bags and ask question but he just sit there like a damn dumb ass again.James Smith Jr. is a fucking joke. He was more worried about Lonnie Lee's brother's case then his. He worried about how much is cute of the money is going to be when his brother gts is settlement then worried about Lonnie Lee. It looks like James Smith sold Lonnie Lee out and that is so fuck up.James Smith new that it was not a fair trail. They had nothing showing that Lonnie Lee did not have any thing to do with it. He was trying to help Donnie Lawson when the E M T got there. They said thaton the stand. That damn Jimmy Pope wanted to keep on bring up how big Lonnie Lee is and that when that Fucked up so call lawyer should have stood up and said something but yet again he just sit there againg looking dumb ass hell again. The truth to be known about it Donnie Lawson's mom & sister paid everyone off Just because they have money they think they can just throw their money around and that is so damn fuck up around here. Maybe if Lonnie Lee came from a family with money things would be different. Thats how it works around here. I hope like hell that James Smith Jr.stays as a DIVORCE lawyer because he sure as hell aint no damn good lawyer for any thing else.I know Lonnie Lee and could not have done any of this. I know in my heart that he did not do it.
hmmm

Dunlap, TN

#3 Nov 26, 2011
WHAT IF THAT WAS YOUR DAMN FAMILY 6 FT UNDER? WHAT WOULD YOU DO AND WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT TO BE DONE WHEN YOU HAVE TO BURY THEM 6 FT UNDER BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSE BEATING THEM? WOULD YOU LIKE IT? HELL NO YOU WOULDNT. YOU WOULD WANT JUSTICE JUST LIKE THAT FAMILY DOEs!
mike

Crab Orchard, TN

#4 Nov 26, 2011
ANGEL was tried and convicted in a fair trial.He can appeal it you know
kenny

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2011
mike wrote:
ANGEL was tried and convicted in a fair trial.He can appeal it you know
he can and prob will because they no how to waste our money
pikurpoisn

Sparta, TN

#6 Nov 26, 2011
He deserves to sit in jail. I hope they beat his ass the same way, and I'm sure someone will when he starts the tough guy bullshit. He started that shit, it was over his family, we all know it, and I know Lonnie Lee, he's a bully. Lucky he went to prison before someone just gets rid of his sorry ass. The world can do without the likes of him.
reallyreally

Pikeville, TN

#7 Nov 27, 2011
I hope they give him the full amount of time allowed by the law he is nothing but trouble always has beed and always will be and boy oh boy does he have the wool pulled over some peoples eyes wake up is all i have to say if he gets out he will be doing the exact same stuff he was before all this happened so i say lock him up for life and no parole
ummmmm

Dunlap, TN

#8 Nov 27, 2011
they way I see it if lonnie was so inoccent then why didnt he stop it before it got started? He could of done something and he didnt. I think all 4 men should sit in jail for what they did. Why should they have been the judge and jury for donnie? Even if the guy was going around saying he shot one of their family members that still does not give them the right to take his life.
what makes lonnie and those other boys so special....... NOTHING. They are all bullies and it was just a matter of time before the law got tired of them walking all over this town. I dont wish bad things on anyone but if you are involved in a murder then you should be ready to get in trouble for it. maybe the time those boys sit in jail they will think about what they have done and just maybe they will ask for forgiveness. that however does not mean they will be forgiving.
Family

Dunlap, TN

#9 Nov 27, 2011
Home town Girl wrote:
Its a shame that Lonnie Lee Angel Jr. going to Jail for a long time for nothing . That Fucjing so lawyer that he had James Smith Jr.(jim) If he had done his job right Lonnie Lee would not be in jail right now. James SmithJr. Would just sit there like a fucking dumb ass and not do nothing. He showed have had his sin and step-son put on the stand and they could have told everything that really happen at the cook out.If he was any kind of lawyer her would have look inside the bags and ask question but he just sit there like a damn dumb ass again.James Smith Jr. is a fucking joke. He was more worried about Lonnie Lee's brother's case then his. He worried about how much is cute of the money is going to be when his brother gts is settlement then worried about Lonnie Lee. It looks like James Smith sold Lonnie Lee out and that is so fuck up.James Smith new that it was not a fair trail. They had nothing showing that Lonnie Lee did not have any thing to do with it. He was trying to help Donnie Lawson when the E M T got there. They said thaton the stand. That damn Jimmy Pope wanted to keep on bring up how big Lonnie Lee is and that when that Fucked up so call lawyer should have stood up and said something but yet again he just sit there againg looking dumb ass hell again. The truth to be known about it Donnie Lawson's mom & sister paid everyone off Just because they have money they think they can just throw their money around and that is so damn fuck up around here. Maybe if Lonnie Lee came from a family with money things would be different. Thats how it works around here. I hope like hell that James Smith Jr.stays as a DIVORCE lawyer because he sure as hell aint no damn good lawyer for any thing else.I know Lonnie Lee and could not have done any of this. I know in my heart that he did not do it.
Well Jimmy Smith settled a case where 3 children were burned up fot 43 MILLION DOLLARS. I think he is a lot smarter than you think. Family has to stick together and you are the best cousin.
reallyreally

Pikeville, TN

#10 Dec 2, 2011
so how many years did ole lonnie lee get i know it couldnt have been enough
BC4Eva

Pikeville, TN

#12 Dec 14, 2011
Not long enough...but that's alright...garbage tends to rot. Now if the rest of the family clan could get what's coming to them!

Pikeville, TN

#13 Dec 15, 2011
He gose to court monday dec 19 2011 at 9:00.He is looking up to 25 years.Some of his family can not help what he or the other family dose.Because you can not pick your family.
mike

Crab Orchard, TN

#14 Dec 15, 2011
One chooses his own path and he went down the wrong one

Pikeville, TN

#15 Dec 19, 2011
Lonnie lee got 23 years today.I was there in court.
Youll see

Sparta, TN

#16 Dec 19, 2011
Good, maybe he'll try to punk some thug and get a shank up his a#?...
mike

Crab Orchard, TN

#17 Dec 19, 2011
Youll see wrote:
Good, maybe he'll try to punk some thug and get a shank up his a#?...
YOU KNOW you got a lot of class[not]
bob

Dunlap, TN

#18 Dec 19, 2011
BC4Eva wrote:
Not long enough...but that's alright...garbage tends to rot. Now if the rest of the family clan could get what's coming to them!
maybe you'll get yours one day
Youll see

Sparta, TN

#19 Dec 20, 2011
mike wrote:
<quoted text>YOU KNOW you got a lot of class[not]
Right...in a perfect world we'd all think exactly like you...NOT! Do you think we're on here to impress you??? No sir. You know where you can put your class...
BC4Eva

Pikeville, TN

#20 Dec 23, 2011
bob wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you'll get yours one day
Don't worry... That family has MORE than given me my share of heartache. I was simply trying to help them and they destroyed my entire life.
The Hunter

Ooltewah, TN

#21 Feb 23, 2012
Does anyone know for sure if the "supposedly drowning" death of Dr. Berry Owens was caused by lonnie lee or lonnie lee Jr.? Dr. Berry Owens did not drown, he was beaten to death. Even the sheriff at that time in
May 2004, Barney Evans said that Berry was dead when his body was put in the water in Caney Fork Creek. I believe that was done to hide the crime. The pictures from the police dept. showed that Dr. Berry had been beaten to death. In my opinion, who ever did this was a coward & criminal. However, justice is coming soon! We will find you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hudson (Mar '15) 1 hr Landon10293 15
worst people to work for in Pikeville (Nov '16) 2 hr Landon10293 19
cashiers 6 hr Agreed 4
I Speak On Music In Schools Fri Republicans4Ever 12
Downtown Pikeville Fri Republicans4Ever 27
News Bledsoe County Woman Charged With TennCare Fraud May 26 Dean_Gullberry 9
Lisa Gore IS A BAD PERSON (Feb '11) May 25 Ol Roy 24

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance