Brenda Brown...locked away in a menta...
Connie

Chattanooga, TN

#21 Aug 25, 2011
I know I have thought over it many times and imagined a lot of horrible things and I can't believe she could shoot them and walk away either...it's so terrible. I feel so bad for her family.
NEWS HAWK

Chattanooga, TN

#22 Aug 25, 2011
PIKEVILLE, Tenn.(AP)- A prosecutor said a woman arrested in the slayings of 2 widow sisters in Bledsoe County is a daughter-in-law of 1 of the victims.

District Attorney Mike Taylor said 82-year-old Elizabeth Brown and 79-year-old Billie Sue Blaylock had apparently changed their wills about two weeks before they were fatally shot and that could be a possible factor.

Taylor said 47-year-old Brenda K. Brown of Pikeville was arrested Wednesday on murder charges. He said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents executed a search warrant and recovered a handgun that "they feel in fact is the murder weapon."

Brown is a daughter-in-law of Elizabeth Brown. She is in custody in Pikeville. A jailer said she does not have a lawyer.

The sisters' bodies were discovered Aug. 16 at a house where they lived.
NEWS HAWK

Chattanooga, TN

#23 Aug 25, 2011
Woman Arrested for Deaths of Bledsoe Co. Sisters
August 25, 2011 8:38 AM
Kevin Sims
A woman has been arrested for the deaths of two Pikeville sisters found shot to death earlier this month. 47-year-old Brenda Brown was arrested Wednesday night. Brown is 82-year-old Elizabeth Brown's daughter-in-law. Elizabeth and her 79-year-old sister Billie Sue Blalock were found dead August 16th. Both had been shot in the face.

Bledsoe County detective Ricky Seals confirms to NewsChannel 9 that Brenda Brown was arrested for the double murder.

Detectives searched the home of Elizabeth Brown's son Wednesday night and found the weapon they believe to be involved.

A detective had previously said money could have been a motive because of recent changes to a will. But the Sheriff said in his news conference Thursday, that the motive remains under investigation. He says there was a change in the will, but it doesnÂ’t appear to be related.
NEWS HAWK

Chattanooga, TN

#24 Aug 25, 2011
IDK

Cleveland, TN

#25 Aug 25, 2011
Connie wrote:
She will probably get out of it.
No, she won't get away with it. I believe there is a Higher Power than our pitiful human court system, that will make sure these ladies see justice.
Connie

Chattanooga, TN

#26 Aug 25, 2011
I pray you are right IDK
sissy

Dunlap, TN

#27 Aug 25, 2011
IDK wrote:
<quoted text>No, she won't get away with it. I believe there is a Higher Power than our pitiful human court system, that will make sure these ladies see justice.
Vingence (spelling) is mine thus sayth the Lord.
Your sins will always find you out.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#28 Aug 25, 2011
To the gallows I say!!!

Since: Aug 11

Rockford, MI

#29 Aug 25, 2011
Confused as hell wrote:
Well I don't really know what to say. I feel she should be punished but should she be put to death? Don't u think that's harsh!
HELL NO THAT'S NOT HARSH! What she did was harsh
Connie

Chattanooga, TN

#30 Aug 25, 2011
I guess that saying you "reap what you sew" is true or in other words "what goes over the devil's back comes up under his belly...right in his face." I too believe as someone else mentioned that if she had been punished for the previous offenses of theft, arson, etc. that those ladies would be alive right now!
Connie

Chattanooga, TN

#31 Aug 25, 2011
There is a poll started asking what should happen to the fallen sister's murderer and I voted.
what

Dunlap, TN

#32 Aug 25, 2011
I think she needs to be institutionalize. I agree with Ron. I feel so sorry for her family. Her husband has lost his mother aunt and now having to deal with what his wife has done and the children. Brenda's brother Dale and his wife Cheryl are some of the best people you would want to meet. Just a very sad thing to have happen in Bledsoe County. The ladies are gone now nothing we can do for them but they have family left that loved them and are grieving and to know that their own family killed them has to be hell on earth. We should all be praying for everyone affected by this terrible tragedy.
Conner

Hobe Sound, FL

#33 Aug 25, 2011
How many of us saw her at the funeral, playing the dutiful daughter-in-law, accepting the condolences of the community and knowing all the while, that she was the cause of all this grief. I saw her daughter in tears at the grandmother's casket. I saw the son barely able to talk. I saw the daughter of one of elizabeth just barely able to function at different times. Whatever Brenda's past held, she determined her future. That family only ever loved and accepted her for whatever her shortcomings were and this is how she thanked them.
Conner

Hobe Sound, FL

#34 Aug 25, 2011
I believe in mercy and the grace of God. I also believe there are consequences for our decisions. If Brenda is to receive mercy and grace, I pray it is that she eventually accepts God's love for her soul before she is executed for the heinous crimes she committed against these two innocent victims.
just me

Clayton, NC

#35 Aug 25, 2011
did her mother kill her self makes me wonder
curiosity

United States

#36 Aug 25, 2011
Didn't she teach school and was a principle at one or is their another brenda brown
bea

United States

#37 Aug 25, 2011
Conner wrote:
I believe in mercy and the grace of God. I also believe there are consequences for our decisions. If Brenda is to receive mercy and grace, I pray it is that she eventually accepts God's love for her soul before she is executed for the heinous crimes she committed against these two innocent victims.
Conner I cried as I read this post. The gall of her! How could any human being have the nerve to even stand there or be at their funeral knowing you are the reason you husband and children are suffering. Makes he ask the question does she even give a rats ass about her husband or kids for that matter. Her own flesh and blood cause she sure the heck know she didn't for her mother-in-law and her sister. She's sicking!!!!
Ron

United States

#38 Aug 26, 2011
You are right-- my thinking is very liberal. My comparison to her mother was only to show that mental illness runs in the family. I knew Darlene Wheeler-- like a lot of young men in Pikeville back in the late 90s, I used to bag her groceries. I know she was medicated and functioning, and that she was not a violent person.

But, when mental illness is concerned it doesn't matter if you are a violent person or not-- strange things happen in the mind that cause you to do things you wouldn't ordinarily do. The trial will help us see if mental illness was a factor or not.

It could be that Brenda was just evil at heart, and did an evil thing. I don't think that's the case, but we'll see.
Another Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron, I have read a lot of your posts and to say the least, your thinking is very liberal. I am not saying that is right or wrong, I just don't agree with you on some points. I know Brenda Wheeler very well, I knew her mother and to compare the two in someway "linking" what Brenda has "supposedly" done with any illness her mother may have had is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!! Her mother didn't have a harmful bone in her body but Brenda, on the other hand, evidently set her GOALS for HER life on GREED, THEFT, DECEPTION, LYING, ETC., ETC. Even though it is not the "normal" as most people consider, it is the CHOICE she made for HERSELF. She chose evil over good - period. How many people "may" envy something someone else has? Probably several but they never consider TAKING it however they can get it, right? But, when GREED and SELF is a priority in your life, then it becomes another matter (by choice). It may be different thinking but it certainly isn't a mental disability. IT IS EVIL! You're right that this in all liklihood will become a big court deal, playing the MENTAL defense. Given her background and all she has gotten away with, we'll see, huh? God bless her family who will always be impacted by her actions and peace to those two beautiful ladies that DID NOT deserve this!
Response

Dunlap, TN

#39 Aug 26, 2011
just me wrote:
did her mother kill her self makes me wonder
NO, SHE DID NOT. She did live with Brenda at the time of her death?
WOW

United States

#40 Aug 26, 2011
Mrs. Brenda Brown was my school teacher about 12 years ago. She was the best teacher, nicest woman, and she always showed up to the football games. I am still in shock that she could have done this. That just shows how quickly people can change. But even though I know her, I stand strong with my opinion that anyone that intentionally kills another should be locked away for life. I feel sorry for the families and for Mrs. Browns daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a lady 4 min wayne richardson 8
Who is Challenger 8 min Original Challenger 66
Historical number Drug Arrests 14 min Original Challenger 1
kelly (Aug '11) Thu Holly 2
News Justin Angel To Run For Circuit Court Judge, 12... (Apr '13) Jun 23 Hearme 118
pregnant teenagers Jun 22 wtf 1
josh brewer havin a baby? (Apr '11) Jun 22 Blank 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages