Waste of Money

Zip Line Gone Bad

Sewer Plant Air

Diversion from the City's Other Crimes

Speeding Bullet Prop Job

Shelbiana, KY

#48 Sep 19, 2013
No Prop Job wrote:
If the city and chamber snoots are so high on this why didn't they fund it?
As usual the politicians and their puppets find money and use it to fund pie in the sky.
It is the World's first Prop Job faster than a Jet.

Just ask Bariatric Chaney.
Kamikaze Airlines

Lebanon, KY

#49 Sep 19, 2013
Good Idea only 30 years to late, as the coal business continues to decline every body will be loading the ole pickup and heading out of here. Only flights will be leaving Pikeville, one way ticket out!
Actually

Manchester, KY

#50 Sep 19, 2013
As mentioned in earlier posts and I agree this isn't for us the working stiff. Or as of Monday I'm an unemployed stiff.

Its for the fat cats and their buddies running the hospital. Doctors will have access to programs at Vanderbilt University. Why do you think the put a foreign doctor on the airport board? It has been reported by other board members that he didn't even know how to get to the airport. Now that is the kind of puppets little Frankie wants running HIS airport.
Politics As Usual

Clay City, KY

#51 Sep 21, 2013
This post in its entirety is but my opinion.

I as a pilot on the field wonder why this deal was not more open to the public.

From my discussions with some Airport Board members they did not know any details of this deal until the night before the special called meeting.....Why?

Also it is suggested that some of the Airport Board never even saw the contract before they voted.....Why?

Why keep the deal secret from the very people entrusted to take care of the airport and its assets....Why?

I question why the 210K had to come out of the airport funds....Why? My opinion is because they have it and the plan for some time of the politicians is to get that money. Weather through wasteful spending with associated friends and their companies or through gambling on air service.

If the City wants this service so bad why don't they fund it.....Why?

I question why the airport board members were asked to meet in secrecy with Luke Schmidt one on one and not in a board setting. Not very transparent I suggest....Why?

So many questions and so few answers....Why?

I applaud the Lexington Herald Leader on their part in exposing Richie Farmer as well their great coverage of the waste of taxpayer money. Though the money currently in the Airport account was created by the sale of coal on Merions Branch it still is public money. I welcome the Herald Leader to investigate how this money is being spent. We just might have a Richie Farmer type of situation going on here in little ole Pikeville.

This post in its entirety is but my opinion and should be considered just that opinion. I suggest you the citizens of Pike County ask questions and do research and find out for yourself what is going on at the Pikeville Pike County Airport. Follow the money trail and see whose hands it is going through and the association of those receiving the bulk of it.
Revenue Diversion III

Pikeville, KY

#52 Sep 22, 2013
Politics As Usual wrote:
This post in its entirety is but my opinion.
I as a pilot on the field wonder why this deal was not more open to the public.
From my discussions with some Airport Board members they did not know any details of this deal until the night before the special called meeting.....Why?
Also it is suggested that some of the Airport Board never even saw the contract before they voted.....Why?
Why keep the deal secret from the very people entrusted to take care of the airport and its assets....Why?
I question why the 210K had to come out of the airport funds....Why? My opinion is because they have it and the plan for some time of the politicians is to get that money. Weather through wasteful spending with associated friends and their companies or through gambling on air service.
If the City wants this service so bad why don't they fund it.....Why?
I question why the airport board members were asked to meet in secrecy with Luke Schmidt one on one and not in a board setting. Not very transparent I suggest....Why?
So many questions and so few answers....Why?
I applaud the Lexington Herald Leader on their part in exposing Richie Farmer as well their great coverage of the waste of taxpayer money. Though the money currently in the Airport account was created by the sale of coal on Merions Branch it still is public money. I welcome the Herald Leader to investigate how this money is being spent. We just might have a Richie Farmer type of situation going on here in little ole Pikeville.
This post in its entirety is but my opinion and should be considered just that opinion. I suggest you the citizens of Pike County ask questions and do research and find out for yourself what is going on at the Pikeville Pike County Airport. Follow the money trail and see whose hands it is going through and the association of those receiving the bulk of it.
Possibly William Hickman Rick Keene and Kevin Keene. Such things are questionable.
observer

Huntington, WV

#53 Sep 23, 2013
Rick Keene is the daddy of Kevin Keene, V.Pres. Of Keene engineering who works in the Ray Jones network which has included airport board chair, Bill Hickman, for many years. That entire relationship wreaks of cronyism and possibly corruption.

Rick Keene is only a mining engineer but is being paid a vulgar fortune to run errands and generally screw up at the airport and has become a joke on that job. It looks like a lot of effort is being expended to keep draining money (millions) from the Pike County airport by Bill Hickman and his fellow Little Frankie puppets comprising that ridiculous so-called board of directors.

I think big trouble is brewing for that bunch, and It appears to be coming soon. Ever hear of the FAA? The embarrassingly inept board members are in line for a shake up.
safety

Jackson, KY

#54 Oct 1, 2013
I don't trust prop planes. My family will not be the crash test dummies for Donovon Prop Job Airlines.
Just Who Will Benefit

Macon, GA

#59 Oct 6, 2013
If the airport spent 250K to get this service why do they not make any revenue on this endeavor? Not what I call a sound business deal.

Seems the city was all for it along with the chamber of snoots but neither spent the 250K to get this here?

So I suspect that Joe Q Nojob will not be supporting this deal either. I have a feeling that this was known when it was put together. I guess we will all have to wait and see who will be the benefactor of this political force feeding of the Donavon Prop Job Airlines. Possibly the fat cats over at the hospital.

Such a heartbreaking thing to see the puppet filled airport board wasting all of the money the previous qualified board accumulated. Just how much positive income have you added to the airport funds William Hickman? Tell us the taxpayer about your wasteful decisions and delegation of your duties William Hickman. And please let us people know how you feel qualified to chair the airport board.

Amazing how some people know nothing about business and lack any skills in running a business but the politicians insert them in those positions. My opinion is that its not about skills rather the string attachments these puppets have.

I am ashamed of your record William Hickman as airport chairman.
Revenue Diversion

Macon, GA

#60 Oct 7, 2013
Just Who Will Benefit wrote:
If the airport spent 250K to get this service why do they not make any revenue on this endeavor? Not what I call a sound business deal.
Seems the city was all for it along with the chamber of snoots but neither spent the 250K to get this here?
So I suspect that Joe Q Nojob will not be supporting this deal either. I have a feeling that this was known when it was put together. I guess we will all have to wait and see who will be the benefactor of this political force feeding of the Donavon Prop Job Airlines. Possibly the fat cats over at the hospital.
Such a heartbreaking thing to see the puppet filled airport board wasting all of the money the previous qualified board accumulated. Just how much positive income have you added to the airport funds William Hickman? Tell us the taxpayer about your wasteful decisions and delegation of your duties William Hickman. And please let us people know how you feel qualified to chair the airport board.
Amazing how some people know nothing about business and lack any skills in running a business but the politicians insert them in those positions. My opinion is that its not about skills rather the string attachments these puppets have.
I am ashamed of your record William Hickman as airport chairman.
Yes we do have the greatest crooks and puppets in the world right here in Pikeville.
Buckeye Pilot

Medina, OH

#61 Oct 8, 2013
Hope you people didn't fall for the EAS program. If so you will be sorry. I'll check on on you in two years and see how you feel them.
Didn't help no one on our area except the politicians.
PBX Pilot

Pikeville, KY

#62 Oct 9, 2013
We have. To the tune of 210,000.00. Thanks Bill, Ray, Frankie and the Chamber.

Let the screwing begin.
Hello

Richmond, KY

#64 Oct 9, 2013
Hello
Prop And Knob

United States

#65 Oct 10, 2013
A Prop Job faster than a Jet according to Bariatric Chaney.
Sick of Politicians

Clay City, KY

#66 Oct 10, 2013
Buckeye Pilot wrote:
Hope you people didn't fall for the EAS program. If so you will be sorry. I'll check on on you in two years and see how you feel them.
Yes we have. And in our case the politicians couldn't care less about the airport before Mike Debourbon amassed 8 million dollars in the airport bank account. Not a single penny was tax dollars.

Then all of sudden all the greedy politicians came a knocking on the door with outreached palms. And then the state politicians fretted that they needed to get their cronies/puppets in power at the airport so they could have control of the money.

Thus Debourbon and the rest of the qualified board were not asked to come back. Less one that was in line with the new puppets. And my how these puppets have spent the money and sold the Merions Branch asset. It appears the hen house is full of puppets dressed as foxes.

William Hickman I am ashamed of what you have done to the local airport. And by the way when you took a T hanger did you jump to the front of the line or did you take one of the older T hangers and allow the public to have a new one. Just as I thought. With your character you did jump to the front of the line. And that action defines you as a person in my opinion.
Told You So

United States

#67 Oct 14, 2013
None of your political people care about the airport. They do care about getting their hands on the revenue and using it to their benefit.

Why else would anyone appoint bill hickman to a board other than to pull his strings. I am of the opinion that he is woefully qualified to lead any group much less your airport.
Crashed And Burned

Shelbiana, KY

#68 Feb 15, 2014
Best Thing Ever wrote:
10 years in the making, finally! What the hell was the airport built for, exactly for this. An air service to a major carrier or hub. It takes a jealous stupid politician to try to kill real progress just because he did not get to put his name on it. Should have worked on getting the air service in here instead of fighting it. It does make him look incompetent and foolish. A city manager getting the job done that he could never do.
lmao

How embarrassing for you.
Crashed And Burned

Shelbiana, KY

#69 Feb 15, 2014
Buckeye Pilot wrote:
Great prediction!!!
Four Hour Layover Plus

Macon, GA

#70 Feb 16, 2014
Who wants to sit in an airport five hours for their connecting flight?

I will drive to Charleston. Board my plane and be in Myrtle Beach before I can on Appalachian Air through Nashville. And spend less. Yes I included gas and parking.

And the big plus is I don't have to ride on a PROP JOB PLANE with the prop spinning several thousand times per minute 8 foot from my children. Airplane fuselages are no match for prop detachments.

Yes to economic development. No to PROP JOB PLANES loaded and heavy with my Loved ones aboard. I'll drive to Charleston, Huntington, Tri Cities or Lexington and put my family on a JET aircraft.
stop crying

Winchester, KY

#71 Feb 16, 2014
you people cry if you don't have it ,cry if you do!
City Puppets

United States

#72 Feb 17, 2014
stop crying wrote:
you people cry if you don't have it ,cry if you do!
You sound like a little City Puppet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 21 min Bye Bye Trump 6,012
Vanderbeck Gets Knocked Out 25 min Hero Chris Harris 34
oh no poor TJ 1 hr Sliced 57
Trump In Trouble (Mar '17) 1 hr Bye Bye Trump 81
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Bye Bye Trump 39,028
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 7,890
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 26,907
WOW that got deleted quick 8 hr Law 13
If you REALLY want to get mad over PROPERTY TAX... 8 hr Youareastupid 30

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages