Sewer Plant Air

Diversion from the City's Other Crimes

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
YES

Georgetown, KY

#1 Sep 8, 2013
finally a great decision by our city leaders...Wayne T was late to join on...air service puts us on the map...those apposing baffle me
Best Thing Ever

Lebanon, KY

#2 Sep 8, 2013
10 years in the making, finally! What the hell was the airport built for, exactly for this. An air service to a major carrier or hub. It takes a jealous stupid politician to try to kill real progress just because he did not get to put his name on it. Should have worked on getting the air service in here instead of fighting it. It does make him look incompetent and foolish. A city manager getting the job done that he could never do.
A Joke And A Scam

Shelbiana, KY

#3 Sep 9, 2013
Best Thing Ever wrote:
10 years in the making, finally! What the hell was the airport built for, exactly for this. An air service to a major carrier or hub. It takes a jealous stupid politician to try to kill real progress just because he did not get to put his name on it. Should have worked on getting the air service in here instead of fighting it. It does make him look incompetent and foolish. A city manager getting the job done that he could never do.
You ignorant little Frankie suck, it is a fraud and is doomed.
Major hub......lmfao.
A Joke And A Scam

Shelbiana, KY

#4 Sep 9, 2013
YES wrote:
finally a great decision by our city leaders...Wayne T was late to join on...air service puts us on the map...those apposing baffle me
Well you are obviously very stupid.
Jack

Macon, GA

#5 Sep 9, 2013
Best Thing Ever wrote:
Another city puppet. Just pull my string and I will repeat whatever little frankie wants me to say.

No one tried to kill commercial service. If you read the contract then look at Nashvilles operations and departures it is easy to figure out this service is not for everyday Joe. If you think you are going to fly to Nashville and quickly hop on another flight you may be shocked. Pick out a destination and do a mock purchase of tickets to that destination. Many will depart 3-5 hours after you arrive in Nashville. And you will likely have that same situation upon your return. Hope you like sitting the airport.

Add to that if you carry luggage into Nashville you WILL have to retrieve it from the luggage carousel. This service WILL not transfer your luggage to your connecting air carrier. So if you have ever flown commercial you know that it takes time to get your baggage from the airplane to the carousel. Then you will have some more wait time to check that baggage with Delta, Us Air, Southwest etc. And again you will have some more wait time in the security line. Yes even though you went through security in Pikeville you will again have to go through security in Nashville if you plan on taking luggage on your trip.

Now this might not be a problem for the doctors, lawyers, politicians and fat cat believers in this deal as they can afford to buy clothes upon arriving at their final destination.

If you would take some time to research EAS, and that's what this plan is, you will find that it not very successful. And one of the biggest waste of taxpayer dollars in the USA. But as usual you idiots always say its free. Why not take it. And thus we end up with a nation smothering on its own debt.

This whole deal assures that everyone involved makes a profit except the publicly owned airport. So lets see how this deal works after the dust clears. After the paid for passengers that little frankie, Donovan and walter load the planes with to make there effort look better. After the general public figures it can drive to Lexington, Tri Cities or Charleston for a third of the cost and a lot less hassle.

So to you frankie Kool-Aid drinkers I say that we all want air service out of Pikeville. Difference is some of us want a viable service that doesn't rape the taxpayer and enriches those outside our area.
Best Crooks in the World

Shelbiana, KY

#6 Sep 9, 2013
The farce of Commercial Air is a Donnie B Lie.
Pie In The Sky

Macon, GA

#7 Sep 9, 2013
This is far from commercial service. An 18 seat prop job plane.

I wonder how and who was involved in picking the Nashville location. As with most political decisions I will wait to see just who this service really helps. Possibly the hospital? I don't know but I can assure the citizens will not be the ones that benefit from this Pie In the Sky paid for by the hard working taxpayer.

Decisions like this is exactly why so many politicians are politicians and not successful business people. Gambling with the taxpayers money is so easy.
Take it easy

Lebanon, KY

#8 Sep 9, 2013
A Joke And A Scam wrote:
<quoted text>You ignorant little Frankie suck, it is a fraud and is doomed.
Major hub......lmfao.
You stupid TJ suck, only an asshole would work to kill an air service for the airport. That airport is useless without a way for people to fly in and out of here to make connections to major carriers...all your choices for the vote showed this is a shithouse thread, negative crap trying to smear people that are smarter and more competent than you are.
Pie In The Sky

Macon, GA

#9 Sep 9, 2013
Take it easy wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid TJ suck, only an asshole would work to kill an air service for the airport. That airport is useless without a way for people to fly in and out of here to make connections to major carriers...all your choices for the vote showed this is a shithouse thread, negative crap trying to smear people that are smarter and more competent than you are.
So the airport is useless. Tell me some things about the airport that you claim to be useless.

I suggest the many GA aircraft that fly in and out each day feel different than you.

And as to the Smitt propaganda about big shot money men flocking into Pikeville now, I call BS on that. The big shot money men already have JET planes. Kelloggs big shots already use the Pikeville airport and its not in some little propeller plane.

Even the Jim Jones bunch had more intelligence than you little frankie kool-Aid drinkers.

I fly commercially 10-12 times a year so I am all for a local service. I done a little homework on the trips I normally take and find that on a single trip using Pikeville and the teaser rate of 199.00. I will average spending 462.97 per person per trip. Multiple that by 3 or 4 employees that I usually take and you can see why I will gladly drive to Charleston or Tri-Cities.

No you a$$holes will suggest the Nashville option is better but will bitch and moan when I increase the cost of my product and services. Just blind frankie Kool-Aid drinkers.
Political Hack

Lebanon, KY

#10 Sep 9, 2013
No one says that the Nashville connection has to be the last one or the only one. If you county people are so smart get a Cincinnati connection or Louisville. We need several carrier's and several hubs or major airport connection's. Show us how much better you can do it, bring Conair in here or another major air service. Hell no, it is easier to sit on the sidelines and carp and take pot shots for political gain. Tear people down that actually did something, got the job done. Made you incompetent county political hacks looks stupid and ineffective, just what you are.
Facts

Macon, GA

#11 Sep 9, 2013
Political Hack wrote:
No one says that the Nashville connection has to be the last one or the only one. If you county people are so smart get a Cincinnati connection or Louisville. We need several carrier's and several hubs or major airport connection's. Show us how much better you can do it, bring Conair in here or another major air service. Hell no, it is easier to sit on the sidelines and carp and take pot shots for political gain. Tear people down that actually did something, got the job done. Made you incompetent county political hacks looks stupid and ineffective, just what you are.
I ask you who is paying for this sham? 100% taxpayer funded except the 210,000.00 they will suck from the airport bank account. An account that has already been sucked dry of 3-4 million dollars by your fabulous city puppets. That airport for the last 4 years has spent thousands of dollars more per month than it takes in. And now little frankie has taken 210,000.00 more from it for a deal that will not increase the income of the airport one cent. How do you propose this airport will survive when little frankies puppets have sucked it dry of the old boards savings?

I suggest you are the stupid one because you know nothing about our airport. Futhermore this deal was ran through so fast that some of the airport board never even saw the contract they signed. Those board members are suppose to serve the best interests of the airport. Not the city or county. Can you understand that????? They should serve the airport not the city and chamber of snoots.
KPBX will take off

Ringgold, GA

#12 Sep 9, 2013
Be careful what you call useless. I saw leer jets take off and land there back in the 1980s and that was back before the 09/27 runway was ever constructed. It really is an asset if this commercial air service deal becomes realty. Its only the people that cannot afford a ticket are the ones bitching. If I could afford one (plane)I'd have a Cesna Citation parked there in a hangar ready for travel whenever I wanted to go.
Take it easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts

Macon, GA

#13 Sep 9, 2013
KPBX will take off wrote:
Be careful what you call useless. I saw leer jets take off and land there back in the 1980s and that was back before the 09/27 runway was ever constructed. It really is an asset if this commercial air service deal becomes realty. Its only the people that cannot afford a ticket are the ones bitching. If I could afford one (plane)I'd have a Cesna Citation parked there in a hangar ready for travel whenever I wanted to go.
<quoted text>
There are Citations on the field now. There is a steady flow of jet aircraft in and out and having the ILS makes PBX attractive during bad weather.

And I welcome commercial service. Not another dressed up Part 135 that is assured profits for the first two years by tax dollars. And the airport has to ante up around a quarter of a million dollars that it can not afford to spend. The puppets fail to tell the public that it spends hundreds time more money every month than it takes in. How will it operate when the money is gone?

I suggest many on here are blowing about things they haven't a clue about.
Public Money

Pikeville, KY

#14 Sep 9, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you who is paying for this sham? 100% taxpayer funded except the 210,000.00 they will suck from the airport bank account. An account that has already been sucked dry of 3-4 million dollars by your fabulous city puppets. That airport for the last 4 years has spent thousands of dollars more per month than it takes in. And now little frankie has taken 210,000.00 more from it for a deal that will not increase the income of the airport one cent. How do you propose this airport will survive when little frankies puppets have sucked it dry of the old boards savings?
I suggest you are the stupid one because you know nothing about our airport. Futhermore this deal was ran through so fast that some of the airport board never even saw the contract they signed. Those board members are suppose to serve the best interests of the airport. Not the city or county. Can you understand that????? They should serve the airport not the city and chamber of snoots.
That's also Taxpayer Money!!
Public Dough

Lebanon, KY

#15 Sep 9, 2013
Okay public money, how about Coal Mountain? That abortion would have cost 43 billion in Coal Severance Tax. How about the 10 million dollar hole in the ground up at Douglas Park. You guys even dare to talk about wasting public money! Ha!
Not A Dime

Macon, GA

#16 Sep 10, 2013
Public Money wrote:
<quoted text> That's also Taxpayer Money!!
The airport has no taxpayer money in its account. There was around 8 million dollars generated by the mining of coal from Merions Branch. The old board that actually served the interests of the airport refused to hand over the money or the property. Then the politicians cleared that board for the puppets we have now.

It costs thousands of dollars a month to operate the airport. It takes in about a tenth of that amount per month. And soon the millions will have been spent and THEN IT WILL BE YOU TAX DOLLARS PAYING EVERY BILL AND PAYROLL ASSOCIATED. IN ADDITION YOU AND I WILL BE PAYING TO ACCOMODATE THIS 2 YEAR AIR FARCE THE CITY CALLS COMMERCIAL SERVICE.

The old board help insure the airport would not be a burden to the taxpayer by leaning very hard on the companies mining the coal at Merions Branch. This board knew all to well how for years the airport skimped and begged just keep the lights on. The 8 millions dollars ensured it would have matching funds to secure Federal projects as well pay the bills without our tax dollars.

How does the new board handle the money. As if there is still 20 million tons of coal left at Merions Branch. But wait that isn't our property. Its the cities now and there is much discussion about how the city got that property for 1 million and not the 2.7 million the Dix and Nunnery appraisal suggested it was worth. Great job NEW board.
A Crock Of Sh

Shelbiana, KY

#17 Sep 10, 2013
Take it easy wrote:
<quoted text>
You little Frankie suck, tell me who is going to fly to Nashville TN Stupid?

So TN is a major Hub?

Now get to work Donnie B Assistant.
A Crock Of Sh

Shelbiana, KY

#18 Sep 10, 2013
Public Dough wrote:
Okay public money, how about Coal Mountain? That abortion would have cost 43 billion in Coal Severance Tax. How about the 10 million dollar hole in the ground up at Douglas Park. You guys even dare to talk about wasting public money! Ha!
How about Jenny Wiley Theater, Airboat, 3 City Halls, Largest Payroll Tax in Ky, Non Competitive Cafe, Expo Night Club..........you want to talk about Waste.

Lmao
A Crock Of Sh

Shelbiana, KY

#19 Sep 10, 2013
KPBX will take off wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all of the Miners that are laid off Stupid.
KPBX will take off

Ringgold, GA

#20 Sep 10, 2013
? please explain. no comprendo. Syntax error. WTF are you talking about? Pre-K dropout? Elaborate your message.
A Crock Of Sh wrote:
<quoted text>Like all of the Miners that are laid off Stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 17 min darktainium 26,669
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 18 min darktainium 9,188
Trial Commissioners 28 min Hack 12
Trump Wall 40 min You should know b... 15
Pea and Wee PLLC 54 min Lmfao 10
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Uncle Tom 35,507
inauguration 2 hr Crickets 20
Ray Jones Nervous 13 hr Really Funny 25

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages