wondering

Ransom, KY

#1 Jul 18, 2010
Can anyone tell me what the starting pay is for CNA's in nursing homes and hospitals and Dr's offices around here. I graduated LPN school just didn't take my state boards and was considering just going back to school to be a cna because it's been 9 years since I graduated nursing school. I don't want to work for under 9.00 an hour though.
you should

Hartford, WI

#2 Jul 18, 2010
you should have your cna's if you went to lpn school. It is a requirement
Joe

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jul 19, 2010
I don't think it's much more than minimum wage. You should take a refresher class and study for a couple of weeks and take your lpn test. Much much better job and more pay
knott county

Hazard, KY

#4 Jul 19, 2010
wondering wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the starting pay is for CNA's in nursing homes and hospitals and Dr's offices around here. I graduated LPN school just didn't take my state boards and was considering just going back to school to be a cna because it's been 9 years since I graduated nursing school. I don't want to work for under 9.00 an hour though.
nursing home around 11.00 and hosp. around 13.00 and hour. My grandaughter just checked all this out last week.
Yello

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jul 19, 2010
For LPNs maybe no way that's a CNA rate
this one

United States

#6 Jul 19, 2010
Local LPN @ nursing home where I work says she makes $16.00. CNA's make around $9. Not much difference between hospitals or nursing homes.. maybe $1 difference. Which minimum wage is like $7 sooo.. go be an RN
Dessie

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jul 19, 2010
Which nursing home do you work?
Brittney

Williamson, WV

#8 Jul 19, 2010
knott county wrote:
<quoted text> nursing home around 11.00 and hosp. around 13.00 and hour. My grandaughter just checked all this out last week.
your granddaughter got some bad information! I am and have been a cna for 5 years and I make no where near that much! Yea I make better then minimage wage but not much better! Thankfully I finally signed back up for school and won't be working as a cna for much longer!
soosoo

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jul 19, 2010
this one wrote:
Local LPN @ nursing home where I work says she makes $16.00. CNA's make around $9. Not much difference between hospitals or nursing homes.. maybe $1 difference. Which minimum wage is like $7 sooo.. go be an RN
not true, my sister works at pmc as a cna and makes over 12.00 an hour
yes or maybe

United States

#10 Jul 19, 2010
cna makes 10.35 at pmc and have to be a swan which is a nurisng assistance, ward secretary tem tech which is actually 3 jobs combined. u have to do all 3 to get 10.35 an hour plus you get additional .75 from 7 pm till 11 pm and an additional 1.00 from 11 pm till 7 am so if you work on night shift you get 11.10 from 7 p till 11 p from 11 p till 7 a you get 11.35. and if you only work the day shift from 7 a till 7 p you get 10.35.....
move

United States

#11 Jul 19, 2010
In g-town and lex they pay awesome for cnas. I worked as a cna for 9.75 that was with a 50 cent shift diff. I make 10.50 now, as a KMA. Allthough, I work for a private facility which doesnt pay that much. There is a place in lex that a friend of mine started at and got paid 15 and hour, and almost 18 dollars an hour for KMA. The place is called homestead. The best bet though is call agency. They make the bank.
baba wawa

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jul 19, 2010
i think they should earn more than the nurses cuz they damn sure do the worst part of the job
Joe

Pikeville, KY

#13 Jul 20, 2010
That's the truth!
excuse me

La Grange, IL

#14 Jul 20, 2010
baba wawa wrote:
i think they should earn more than the nurses cuz they damn sure do the worst part of the job
You are not lying. I am going to nursing school as well and I swear when I get my liscense I will never be like that.
Mostly right

Williamson, WV

#15 Jul 20, 2010
yes or maybe wrote:
cna makes 10.35 at pmc and have to be a swan which is a nurisng assistance, ward secretary tem tech which is actually 3 jobs combined. u have to do all 3 to get 10.35 an hour plus you get additional .75 from 7 pm till 11 pm and an additional 1.00 from 11 pm till 7 am so if you work on night shift you get 11.10 from 7 p till 11 p from 11 p till 7 a you get 11.35. and if you only work the day shift
from 7 a till 7 p you get 10.35.....
all true, except you don't have to do all 3! You can be just a cna in which case you wld only make $9.45 an hour! And if you work dayshift you do get the shift diff from 3:00 till 7!
this one

United States

#16 Jul 21, 2010
soosoo wrote:
<quoted text>not true, my sister works at pmc as a cna and makes over 12.00 an hour
Well my sister works there and makes like $10.50 an hour, but she's been there like 3 years. So yea if you work there like 100 years you're gonna work your way up eventually..
kanye east

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jul 21, 2010
this one wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my sister works there and makes like $10.50 an hour, but she's been there like 3 years. So yea if you work there like 100 years you're gonna work your way up eventually..
unless they wait until u get close to retirement then can u and u have to keep working another 20 years
InOregon

Eugene, OR

#18 Jan 26, 2012
Hi. I am taking a class at LCC for their CNA program. I need to interview 4 people or
ask about how they became a CNA. If you can please help, please email me. I appreciate it.

Here are the 5 questions to answer. The only other thing I can think of is to just visit a nursing
home and try to ask one of the CNA's there these questions, but I would probably need to
catch them on their breaktime.

1. What type of training is required for your job?

2. What do the job duties consist of?

3. What is a typical day like?

4. What do you like/dislike about the job?

5. How did you get your job?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 143,026
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr real veteran 28,978
Vote Ray Out 1 hr You Sure 207
Alltech At Marions Branch Is Another Epic City ... 1 hr Boss Hogg 32
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 7 hr OLD DUDE 810
Pikeville Jobs 8 hr Yes 4
soar 9 hr Waste 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages