Worst Restaurant in Pike County
Oh Well

Kansas City, MO

#41 Jun 5, 2014
zena wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you have the same ip address as me, elkhorn city, do tell what big city you live in lol.
You are assuming. I HAVE lived in San Antonio and Cincinnati
zena

Pikeville, KY

#42 Jun 5, 2014
Oh Well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming. I HAVE lived in San Antonio and Cincinnati
ok i give in, what is good to eat in cincinatti?
i went there once and ate at applebees, no big deal.
DumboEars Is a Dumbo

Pikeville, KY

#43 Jun 5, 2014
zena wrote:
<quoted text>ok i give in, what is good to eat in cincinatti?
i went there once and ate at applebees, no big deal.
So you go to Cincinnati and eat at the same chain they have in Pikeville? Well there is Adriaticos Pizza, Zips Cafe, Jeff Rubys to name a few.
zena

Pikeville, KY

#44 Jun 5, 2014
DumboEars Is a Dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you go to Cincinnati and eat at the same chain they have in Pikeville? Well there is Adriaticos Pizza, Zips Cafe, Jeff Rubys to name a few.
well, i didnt go there TO eat at applebees, I dont think we had an applebees in pikeville then, how long has it been there?
this was at least 13 years ago.
anyway, i think it was next door to our hotel so we just walked over there and ate.
but anyway. i dont get to cincinnati often. pikeville pretty much as mcdonalds.
citizen

Winchester, KY

#45 Jun 5, 2014
Shoney's has gone downhill since Lee left. He kept the food fresh and the waitresses on point. Used to love their crab legs but now they are cold and stringy. They used to have whole catfish and coleslaw on the buffet bar but haven't seen those in a while.
Lilly

Whitesburg, KY

#46 Jun 5, 2014
My family and I ate at the Fiesta Mexican this passed weekend it was good food I thought . We didn't have to wait very long . They proportions were huge.The service was nice. The place was clean and nicely decorated. The only issue was that it was a little costly. I guess you have to pay to get good quality though.
Pop

San Antonio, TX

#47 Jun 5, 2014
Lilly wrote:
My family and I ate at the Fiesta Mexican this passed weekend it was good food I thought . We didn't have to wait very long . They proportions were huge.The service was nice. The place was clean and nicely decorated. The only issue was that it was a little costly. I guess you have to pay to get good quality though.
You'll pay for it, just wait.
Pop

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Jun 5, 2014
Highway_Woman wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I will go home and make a sandwich and a glass of milk, its not worth the price for the poor quality of food.
I went in there, not my choice, with a relative not long ago, one main reason was so that I could have a salad, but the salad mixings on the bar were awful, wilted and smelly.
Up with that.
Change will Come

Corbin, KY

#49 Jun 6, 2014
Most Pike County restaurants take customers for granted, they have been used to no or little competition and serving head of the hollow types that will accept about any kind of slop or service they dish out. Times are changing and as we lose the coal business restaurants will have to work harder to create and keep a loyal customer base.
Market Fresh Sandwiches

Cynthiana, KY

#50 Jun 6, 2014
For a fast food place, Arbys has very good sandwiches called Market Fresh.Their servers are always very courteous too.
george

Winchester, KY

#51 Jun 6, 2014
Market Fresh Sandwiches wrote:
For a fast food place, Arbys has very good sandwiches called Market Fresh.Their servers are always very courteous too.
Umm...Arby's doesn't have "servers". Sorry for the nitpick, lol.

The Landmark restaurant is on par with many big city places. NOT a chain, homemade food, and they just redecorated it and opened a rooftop patio. Since the Huffmans left, that place has turned around, and is awesome!
extrameat

Manchester, KY

#52 Jun 6, 2014
El Azul Grande, I know a girl hat got lunch to go when she got back to work went to eat her food she had a fly cooked on her steak strip when she took it back to the restaurant the guy laughed and said "flies fly in kitchen, fly gets cooked in food"
That is a big ole GROSS for me
Market Fresh Sandwiches

Thelma, KY

#53 Jun 6, 2014
george wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...Arby's doesn't have "servers". Sorry for the nitpick, lol.
The Landmark restaurant is on par with many big city places. NOT a chain, homemade food, and they just redecorated it and opened a rooftop patio. Since the Huffmans left, that place has turned around, and is awesome!
Nitpick is right. What do you want to call the people that wait on you there? Two of the Huffmans still help run the Landmark so.....
Just Saying

Pikeville, KY

#54 Jun 7, 2014
Market Fresh Sandwiches wrote:
<quoted text>
Nitpick is right. What do you want to call the people that wait on you there? Two of the Huffmans still help run the Landmark so.....
My nephew works as a "server" at a restaurant in Tenn. I believe that term is used exclusively for people that wait tables in a sit down restaurant not considered fast food and tips are part of their income.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#55 Jun 8, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
My nephew works as a "server" at a restaurant in Tenn. I believe that term is used exclusively for people that wait tables in a sit down restaurant not considered fast food and tips are part of their income.
I often feel torn about leaving a tip in a buffet restaurant. Yes I know that servers work mostly for tips, but, if you are getting your own plate, your own food, arent you pretty much waiting on yourself?
I do leave a tip in places such as golden corral where they bring your drink.
But in places like Gattiland, where its get your own everything, I never leave a tip.
Someone else would probably pick it up anyway.
Tip

Clay City, KY

#56 Jun 8, 2014
If they check and see if I need anything, especially if they refill the drinks I tip. Why the heck should I tip for one cup of coffee or being left to fend for myself after being served. I am talking about sit down restaurants not fast food...One restaurant at Elkhorn is famous for just throwing out the slop and the waiters just bullshitting with their friends and ignoring the customers. There are some out in the county where the coffee drinkers get all the attention while they smoke the place up and ruin everybody else's food. I would like to see a county ban on smoking, if a restaurant can't provide a smoking section there should be no smoking. Some Pike County restaurants are good for cancer from second hand smoke and ruining some otherwise good food with a smoke haze hanging in the atmosphere.
wondering

Cynthiana, KY

#57 Jun 8, 2014
Highway_Woman wrote:
<quoted text>I often feel torn about leaving a tip in a buffet restaurant. Yes I know that servers work mostly for tips, but, if you are getting your own plate, your own food, arent you pretty much waiting on yourself?
I do leave a tip in places such as golden corral where they bring your drink.
But in places like Gattiland, where its get your own everything, I never leave a tip.
Someone else would probably pick it up anyway.
I don't know if the pay scale for employees is different in buffet type restaurants. For that reason I always leave a tip. My son worked as a server while in college and worked for $2.18 per hour. Tips WERE an importantl part of his income.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#58 Jun 8, 2014
WONDERING
I agree, I feel torn about it, but, if they arent waiting on me, such as places like I mentioned, Gattiland, etc, where you refill your own drink, get your own silverware, etc, I just dont feel the need to tip, I dont know who I would be tipping.
But I am not sure about the pay at these places.
Personally I think its an outdated practice and should be banned for wait staff to make under the minimum wage and just because the CUSTOMERS decide to tip them, shouldnt give the employer the right to underpay them.
A tip is a GRATUITY, meaning, you are greatful for the help.
You tip according to the attitude, aptitude of the waiter.
You may have two waiters with totally different attitudes, why should they earn the same tips.
I say, pay them the minimum wage and let the customers decide who gets the tips.
I dont like restaurants that require sharing of tips and I never leave the tip on the table, I always hand it directly to the waiter.
On any one day

Dana, KY

#59 Jun 8, 2014
On any one day, they can all be bad. And on any one day they can be very good. This is a waste of time.

Pick the worst ones and make a place to pick from a list.
here now

United States

#60 Jun 8, 2014
eat at the Y heh heh heh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Jones Senior 37 min Royalty in your P... 31
Is Dr. Bill Harris good to work for? 1 hr curious 1
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Josey 31,984
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr another viewer 148,178
Jones is the only logical choice ! 4 hr revealed 12
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 4 hr One Eyed Willy 1,850
Trump for president 5 hr Trump 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages