Worst Restaurant in Pike County

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Burned Again

Corbin, KY

#1 Jun 1, 2014
Most Pike County restaurants are notorious for poor service and not caring about customer satisfaction. It is as they take you for granted and do you a favor by serving you crap food and delivering poor service. If you have had a bad dining experience let's hear about it, we need to know who appreciates your business and who slings slop and takes you for granted.
VEGETARIAN

Melvin, KY

#2 Jun 1, 2014
LM at the landmark.....hands down.......the very worst of the worst
Dang Rich

Elkhorn City, KY

#3 Jun 1, 2014
I hear Peking is pretty bad
Bad Experience

Corbin, KY

#4 Jun 1, 2014
The worst food and the worst service I ever encountered was at the Gold Wing at Elkhorn City. I don't know it is they don't know what they are doing or don't care but they have a lot to learn about running a restaurant..
Billy Joe

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Jun 1, 2014
The subway in the city of pikeville. It's always bad
eat this

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jun 1, 2014
Wow. I have always gotten good service at the Gold Ring in Elkhorn and the Subway in town seems to always have fresh bread and seems to be pretty clean, the food seems fresh.
Have never had Peking, or LM.
Pizza Hut seems to have really terrible service lately.
The Last time I ate there, was the LAST time I ate there.
The same goes for Shoneys.
Currently Shoneys would get my vote.
The buffet is a waste of money.
Quincy

United States

#7 Jun 1, 2014
I think Subway in EC has the worst way of ordering than any place I have been. The people running it apparently cannot understand English. You cannot hear what they say behind the counter and have to keep saying excuse me to them. They do not recognize East Ridge discount card either. The best food and best service is Time Out Pizza in EC. You will not beat their prices.
souldia on

Pikeville, KY

#8 Jun 2, 2014
Hands down Peking pikeville, I can't prove it, but swear on sweat grandma Eloise they use some really funky meat that they deep fry and put tons of sauce over to cover it up. Would not surprise me one bit if it was pigeon meat.
Meow

Corbin, KY

#9 Jun 2, 2014
Here Kitty Kitty...
dangerous

United States

#10 Jun 2, 2014
souldia on wrote:
Hands down Peking pikeville, I can't prove it, but swear on sweat grandma Eloise they use some really funky meat that they deep fry and put tons of sauce over to cover it up. Would not surprise me one bit if it was pigeon meat.
they don't properly label the food either. So you have no idea what your eating. They are gonna hurt somebody.
Roaddkill

Corbin, KY

#11 Jun 2, 2014
Gold Ring may do the fast food OK but the Sunday specials suck, they actually bring the food out cold. Supposed to be BBQ Chicken last Sunday, you got a small piece of some kind of processed rubbery chicken with some cold sauce on it, cold green beans and mashed potatoes. The worst looking food and cold...terrible. They were out of their other special. May be a good hamburger joint but don't go for Sunday Home cooked meals.
Hig Bips

United States

#12 Jun 2, 2014
Subway in Pikeville is the worst.
Pond Creeker

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Jun 2, 2014
Shoney's, I ll never be back in that place
Gary

Stollings, WV

#14 Jun 2, 2014
Pond Creeker wrote:
I took my wife there for our anniversary and she loved their food.It's a very clean 5 star restaurant and you can't beat their prices!

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#15 Jun 2, 2014
Applebee's has the worst service ever. One time, we went in and waited 30 min for a waitress to take our drink order. Actually, we waited 30 min, then left. Another time, I forgot to bring my id in, and when I ordered alcohol, the waitress was really rude and very loud about not serving it to me. I mean, I can understand that she would have gotten in trouble, but her rant embarrassed me, and was very inappropriate.
Lost in Pikeville

Corbin, KY

#16 Jun 2, 2014
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> I took my wife there for our anniversary and she loved their food.It's a very clean 5 star restaurant and you can't beat their prices!
You can't be talking about the one just north of Pikeville? That place is a joke..
Lost in Pikeville

Corbin, KY

#17 Jun 2, 2014
Except for the Mexican and Texas Road House Pike County Restaurants don't know what the word service and customer satisfaction is. OK, I forgot Pig in a Poke they are pretty good also. The others have no concept of trying to go after repeat business or develop a customer loyalty. They take the public for granted and most often go out of business. That's what happened to Jerry's when they lost their long time manager. The menu, service and prices went to hell and they went under...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#18 Jun 2, 2014
Pond Creeker wrote:
I agree. I will go home and make a sandwich and a glass of milk, its not worth the price for the poor quality of food.
I went in there, not my choice, with a relative not long ago, one main reason was so that I could have a salad, but the salad mixings on the bar were awful, wilted and smelly.
Eater

Elkhorn City, KY

#19 Jun 2, 2014
I had great service at penn station,,,good food to
Quincy

United States

#20 Jun 2, 2014
road_rage wrote:
Applebee's has the worst service ever. One time, we went in and waited 30 min for a waitress to take our drink order. Actually, we waited 30 min, then left. Another time, I forgot to bring my id in, and when I ordered alcohol, the waitress was really rude and very loud about not serving it to me. I mean, I can understand that she would have gotten in trouble, but her rant embarrassed me, and was very inappropriate.
Your food gets cold before you start eating at Applebee's with all the fans and thermostat set on 65 degrees. I love the food but will never go back there again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Morris Exposed 4 min amy 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min USA 176,770
Brian Morris Public Forum 29 min Jones and UMG 12
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 44 min Ahillarydeportable 6,428
District Court Judges race 1 hr I Creeker 31
Word Association (Aug '11) 3 hr Visitor Bob 8,775
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 3 hr Visitor Bob 339
County Attorney Race Sat big daddy here 134

Pikeville Jobs

Personal Finance