When is the last of school for Pike C...

When is the last of school for Pike County schools as of now?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

wheny

Macon, GA

#1 Mar 5, 2014
They havent sent home any notes?

“Pink is your new obsession!!”

Since: Mar 13

Ojai, CA

#2 Mar 5, 2014
june 28th and they go back july 5th
Only 3 Weeks To Summer

Shelbiana, KY

#3 Mar 6, 2014
They go back to School next Week and get out for the Summer April 1.

Ojai, CA

#4 Mar 6, 2014
Bullshitttt, they dont get out for summer April 1, that is your idea of an April fools joke???
i bet they wish intead of calling school off so much early on when there was nothing but flurries, they would have waited and seen that they needed those days for an actual ice storm.
i read that they might throw out some of the make up days in order to not have them going so long.
but the real date i heard was june 4th for the last day.
and you know it will be most likely august 4th or so that they go back.
kids in other states go back to school in sept, i have a friend in minnesota and they have much worse winters than we do, her kids go back in sept after labor day.
Its over

Richmond, KY

#5 Mar 6, 2014
After Christmas break! All they do is party!
Ignorant

Pikeville, KY

#6 Mar 6, 2014
These people need some school! The last day depending on which school (Valley and Belfry go longer) is in the 2nd week of June.

Ojai, CA

#7 Mar 6, 2014
to me that is just ridiculous!! they need to have some people with some brain power to determine if there is going to be a snow day. not based on a gray sky and a few flurries seen in the sky.
if the parents can get out to run the roads to go to walmart, etc, they can surely bring their children to school.
i understand there are some who live in hollers etc, where its harder to get out and im not saying they should go when there are heavy snows or when there is icy conditions left from the day before.
but you all know as well that there were many days this season they could have gone to school.
just saying

Charleston, WV

#10 Mar 6, 2014
The last day was June 4th before this last snow. Now the last day is June 10th. There is a bill in Kentucky legislature to grant counties that have missed 20 + days a 10 day waiver. Pike County has missed 23 days. This would push the last day back to May 28th. Teachers would continue to go those 10 days due to their contract agreement. The BOE needs to develop a plan for situations like this. They could: 1. if possible, go on a 2 hour delay, 2. have a Plan B where buses run on the main road, but not up in the hollows, 3. have a 4 day school week and have Fridays open for makeups.
County School is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#11 Mar 11, 2014
No wonder the County's Test Scores are so low.

They will be out before Pikeville Nd can get to work at McDonald's before June 1st.
Not A Happy Parent

Pikeville, KY

#12 Mar 15, 2014
Everyone needs to check on this. I was told Pike County is not going to take the 10 day waiver due to the fact it would cause them to lose a ton of money. If anyone has any info, please post! I was told we are into the 3rd week of June if they don't take the 10 days!!!
Will

Pikeville, KY

#13 Mar 15, 2014
County School is A Joke wrote:
No wonder the County's Test Scores are so low.
They will be out before Pikeville Nd can get to work at McDonald's before June 1st.
Which private school did you go to?
Vanderbeck

Lebanon, KY

#14 Mar 15, 2014
just saying wrote:
The last day was June 4th before this last snow. Now the last day is June 10th. There is a bill in Kentucky legislature to grant counties that have missed 20 + days a 10 day waiver. Pike County has missed 23 days. This would push the last day back to May 28th. Teachers would continue to go those 10 days due to their contract agreement. The BOE needs to develop a plan for situations like this. They could: 1. if possible, go on a 2 hour delay, 2. have a Plan B where buses run on the main road, but not up in the hollows, 3. have a 4 day school week and have Fridays open for makeups.
We would loose to much monies!4 days a week Monday thur Thursday for students, teachers work Fridays to do their planning time,so they aren't taking out of the classrooms for 1 hour daily at the present. 2 weeks off summer for vaction planning,3 days for Thanksgiving,1 week for Christmas to be with families.That way they could earn more pay and be more accountable for the taxpayers.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#15 Mar 15, 2014
Vanderbeck wrote:
<quoted text>We would loose to much monies!4 days a week Monday thur Thursday for students, teachers work Fridays to do their planning time,so they aren't taking out of the classrooms for 1 hour daily at the present. 2 weeks off summer for vaction planning,3 days for Thanksgiving,1 week for Christmas to be with families.That way they could earn more pay and be more accountable for the taxpayers.
That don't make any sense. What does a teachers planning time have to do with the kids getting all their days in, and still have a summer? Their planning doesn't have anything to do with anything. The kids still go to every class that they need without needing to use that hour of the teachers time. During that time, the teacher "plans" for classes. And who only wants two weeks for vacation? Not to mention that a shorter summer will lead to burn out on our kids and grades will suffer.
greg

Pikeville, KY

#16 Mar 16, 2014
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
That don't make any sense. What does a teachers planning time have to do with the kids getting all their days in, and still have a summer? Their planning doesn't have anything to do with anything. The kids still go to every class that they need without needing to use that hour of the teachers time. During that time, the teacher "plans" for classes. And who only wants two weeks for vacation? Not to mention that a shorter summer will lead to burn out on our kids and grades will suffer.
Their vacation was taken when they missed for ALL those snow days.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Mar 16, 2014
greg wrote:
<quoted text>Their vacation was taken when they missed for ALL those snow days.
THEY didn't miss. THEY were still at school DURING most of those days!! Maybe you should focus on a solution instead of an apparent punishment for something you CLEARLY know nothing of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min usa 149,751
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 9 min Darktainium 25,622
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 11 min Darktainium 7,572
the Bitches of the PMC Parking Garage 24 min pmcparker 3
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 26 min Paris 32,708
Baby Daddy???? 1 hr Friend 1
God bless Donald trump !!!!! 2 hr ExTrumpMan 32
nugent not selling 12 hr grab bag 69

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages