Virgie, KY

#22 Jan 6, 2010
we should all go down to aep and protest
yes u do

Betsy Layne, KY

#23 Jan 7, 2010
OpenEyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....to pay payments on a home, isn't one REQUIRED to have home owners insurance....???
If you have a loan on that home, the bank requires you to carry homeowners insurance, if fact you have to provide proof of insurance b4 you can get the loan!!
OpenEyes

Pikeville, KY

#24 Jan 7, 2010
yes u do wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a loan on that home, the bank requires you to carry homeowners insurance, if fact you have to provide proof of insurance b4 you can get the loan!!
That's what I thought, that's the way it worked for me, so, makes me wonder about the credibility of Mr. "FED UP".
they can cut

United States

#25 Jan 7, 2010
observation wrote:
When the snow storm passed thru our region, thousands of us were left without power. Some of you were lucky and had your power restored within a few days while the rest of us went anywhere from 8-10 days. Since the storm I've heard so many people complain about the power co not keeping the trees cleared from the lines. How can they when there are so many ignorant people who won't allow them to cut the trees?? My brother-n-law works for ashplundh(the tree people) and I can't count the number of times he has told about being cussed, threatened and run off someones property because they don't want their tree cut. Just last week he went to a lady's house to talk to her about a tree, she told him that she had a petition against them and the power co for not keeping the lines cleared. She then turns right around and tells him she will not allow them to cut a tree on her property!!! Hello, how stupid are you lady?? You can't have it both ways!!! You either let them clear the lines or quit complaining!! Whether you know this or not, the power co does not have to have your permission to remove a tree, they simply ask as a courtesy. They have an easement and have the right to clear the trees that are in the way of the line. So if you're one of the ones who won't allow a tree to be removed, I guess you'll think about that the next time your power is out. Don't get me wrong after going 8 days without power, I was about to pull my hair out. But at least I knew it wasn't because I refused to let them remove a tree!
I would like to thank all of the power co and ashplundh from our area and the neighboring states who gave up their Christmas with their families to restore our power. I would also like to offer my prayers for the gentleman who was electrocuted while working to restore the power.
the power co has a very large right-of-way that they can cut trees on any time that they want to. the "want to" is the problem so they contracted it out to other companies. when these companies are told that they can't cut trees on someone's land it's like music to their ears and money in their pockets. they move on to the next job while getting paid in full for the one that the people wouldn't let them cut right-of-way on. the power co needs to take the local police and or any other show of force to these people that say they can't clear trees. they just use these people as an excuse. and during this outage most of the workers did a very good job, but some just stood around and milked the double and tripple time. one crew below our house stood outside of the trucks for three and a half hours watching another crew work. now the power co has the balls to ask for a 35 percent raise. well fu** them. they have all but stopped doing any kind of maintenance on the service lines. their new stragidy is that it's cheaper to do the emergency repairs than do the up-keep. heads need to roll. they need to clean house.
12 inches not

United States

#26 Jan 7, 2010
Onlooker wrote:
I would like to add to my previous statement that I very much appreciate the work both AEP and out of state workers have done to restore power to all of us. I know it certainly has not been easy for anyone, most of all the men out ther working to restore power. My previous comment is toward the management responsible for planning ahead to prevent mass power outages. We should expect some outages in times where we receive 12 inches of snow, just not to the extent that it was. I myself am in management, and I sincerely hope that I do a much better job planning for the unexpected.
most places got less tha 6 inches of snow. if you are in the managment at aep you should retire and give back a few years of pay. what hapened to the maintenance program. not just right-of-way clearing, but ant maintenance. i have never saw so many poles leaning or so many loose guide wires. and what the hell do you mean by "unexpected". we have been lucky for the last few years but anywhere from 6 to 24 inches of snow should be expected for this area. over the last few years you guys have become lazy and complacent.
bad work

United States

#27 Jan 9, 2010
FED UP wrote:
For EVERYONES INFORMATION, Asplundh only goes where AEP sends us, if you have issues with the way we clear power lines I suggest you take it up with them or the Public Service Commission. I am personally tired of working on weekends and holidays and then seeing ignorant comments about us on this forum. Yes, sometimes there may be a lazy crew out there but that doesnt mean all of us are. My power was off for four days and nights, I still had to go out or get fired if I wanted to stay home with my family. So I had no choice but go out and help with YOUR problems then go home to a cold house and a cold supper just to hear you bitch. You must realize AEP has almost two thousand miles of line to clear in the Pikeville area and only about 100 men to do it. The corporate part of AEP supplies funding to do certain things. This is not my problem or yours. Or maybe it is.
the power co. needs to get rid of asplundh. even asplundh's best work is not very good. they leave trees standing that could be a threat to the utility lines. they leave a lot of trees laying in the right-of-way which makes it very hard for the power co. to even get to the poles. it takes them three or four times as long to do a job as it should take. if somebody makes a comment that they can't cut trees on their land asplundh just walks away. the police should be called in a few times on there people and maybe take some of them to jail. this would set an example to the dumb asses. i can remember years ago the power co right-of-way looked like a golf course lane. it was cleared the full extent of their right-of-way and it looked like it was mowed with a lawn mower. and to the power co. what the hell is up with all the leaning poles. they were that way before this little snow. have you guys lost your plumb bob or what. all of this is just a case of years and years of bad management, poor quality, low quanity and lazy workers have caught up with the power co.
dont have to

Betsy Layne, KY

#28 Jan 9, 2010
mad as wrote:
Asplundh worked in the area that i live in this past summer.they topped 18 pine trees on my property, and left everything laying where it fell.i could not drive up my driveway.after repeated calls to the company and the power co. i hired someone to clean up the mess,the day they finished asplundh came to my door wanting to cut more of the trees.i ran them off and will never allow them to cut anything on my property again
if the trees are in the way of the power lines, the power co does not have to have your permission to cut them. they will simply pull the easement that gives them the right to clear the trees around the poles & lines. asking your permission is a only courtesy
excuse you

Pikeville, KY

#29 Jan 9, 2010
These men had to miss Christmas Eve and Christmas with their family's. My husband was one of those people and I would have rather him been home with me then helping get the power on to such ungrateful people. You all could have went with out power a little longer if I do say so my self..They got it on as fast as they could!!!!!! Do you do your job in the blink of an eye? If you say yes to this then odds are you do not have a fuckingjob!
hello

Pikeville, KY

#30 Jan 9, 2010
its my understanding that the power co use to have its own crew to keep the trees cut away from power lines, didn't matter whos property it was,
the tree was cut if it was a threat,, the power co done away with this crew to save money,,
easy for you

Betsy Layne, KY

#31 Jan 9, 2010
excuse you wrote:
These men had to miss Christmas Eve and Christmas with their family's. My husband was one of those people and I would have rather him been home with me then helping get the power on to such ungrateful people. You all could have went with out power a little longer if I do say so my self..They got it on as fast as they could!!!!!! Do you do your job in the blink of an eye? If you say yes to this then odds are you do not have a fuckingjob!
i'm sure they did the best they could with the situation! it's easy for you to say we could have gone longer without power, i'm sure you had yours on within a day or two...if you even lost it at all. btw i do have a job, do you??
Ignorant retards

Rogers, KY

#32 Jan 9, 2010
I dont know how to quote on here...soo...

"the power co. needs to get rid of asplundh. even asplundh's best work is not very good. they leave trees standing that could be a threat to the utility lines. they leave a lot of trees laying in the right-of-way which makes it very hard for the power co. to even get to the poles. it takes them three or four times as long to do a job as it should take. if somebody makes a comment that they can't cut trees on their land asplundh just walks away. the police should be called in a few times on there people and maybe take some of them to jail. this would set an example to the dumb asses. i can remember years ago the power co right-of-way looked like a golf course lane. it was cleared the full extent of their right-of-way and it looked like it was mowed with a lawn mower. and to the power co. what the hell is up with all the leaning poles. they were that way before this little snow. have you guys lost your plumb bob or what. all of this is just a case of years and years of bad management, poor quality, low quanity and lazy workers have caught up with the power co."

My husband works for Asplundh Tree company. He worked Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I would have rather him have been at home with his family than helping get the power back on for such ungrateful people. The next time the power is out, my advice is get your lazy ass husband or lover off the couch and clear your own power line because my husband will not be going out to do it for you.

Some of you are just revealing your ignorance about these matters. Asplundh is not to blame. They can't do ANYTHING without the power company's permission, that means even cutting a single tree. During power outages, the asplundh men are left sitting, waiting for power company to GIVE THEM permission to cut the trees. Stop complaining about things you have NO idea about, you bunch of stupid retards have nothing better to do than get on here and make up your stupid-ass bullshit about other people and their life. You know nothing about the order-of-operations amongst Asplundh and the Power Co, you're just making yourselves look like the idiots you actually are by coming on here and spouting this nonsense. So I suggest you learn what your talking about or shut up, because no one wants to hear it.

If it had not been for these asplundh workers and the people at the Power Company, you would still be without power, because I guarantee that those of you who had the ability to fix the simpler problems in your area, were too lazy to get your fat asses of a couch to do it in the first place. So be glad you got it on when it did.
old dude

Jonancy, KY

#33 Jan 9, 2010
It's not asplundh's fault it's the cheap ass power co.--they'd rather pay overtime to their own and out of state workers than MAINTAIN the poles and right of way--it's CHEAPER for them to do this--we don't get enough bad storms that cause these outages to pay for them clearing the right of way as a matter of course. It's the fault of the upper management of the power co. Of course if ur a STOCKHOLDER,u like seeing costs held down---then they have the ABSOLUTE GALL to ask for a 35% rate increase---they got a g.d. monopoly
pissed off wife

Georgetown, KY

#34 Jan 9, 2010
michelle 99 wrote:
we should all go down to aep and protest
I ould love to see people go down there to protest!!!! This only shows you people don't know what the hell you're talking about.GO ahead and go,can't wait to see you all on the news after the cops are called. OH you know they will be called seeming that building isn't for customers,wouldn't that be tresspassing? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
U sound dumb

Pikeville, KY

#35 Jan 10, 2010
pissed off wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I ould love to see people go down there to protest!!!! This only shows you people don't know what the hell you're talking about.GO ahead and go,can't wait to see you all on the news after the cops are called. OH you know they will be called seeming that building isn't for customers,wouldn't that be tresspassing? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
SHUT UP!! One of the men in question was probably your lazy a$$ man. You are so quick to slam people for wanting to stick up for ourselves. Get a grip lady.
OMG

Betsy Layne, KY

#36 Jan 10, 2010
pissed off wife wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG LADY....TAKE A PILL!! and learn how to spell!
pissed off wife

Winchester, KY

#37 Jan 10, 2010
U sound dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
SHUT UP!! One of the men in question was probably your lazy a$$ man. You are so quick to slam people for wanting to stick up for ourselves. Get a grip lady.
You f------right one man was mine and lazy Hell No! His ASS was out helping get more appreciative people other than yourself,power back on.I WOULD LOVE TO BE AROUND YOU WHEN THIS HAPPENS AND SEE IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO CAN SHUT ME THE F---UP,THAT IS IF YOU CAN GET A JOB DONE QUICKER THAN YOU THINK THEY DID!! YOU are so stupid,no one was slaming anyone untill your stupid ass said something so retarded!! I GUESS IT DOES HURT TO HEAR THE TRUTH! ONLY DUMB UNEDUCATED PEOPLE CAN SIT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR POWER BEING OFF SO LONG,WELL YES I CAN SAY YOU'RE NOT APPRECIATIVE ABOUT OTHERS BEING OUT HELPING,AND NO DON'T EVEN GO AND START SAYING IT WAS HIS JOB,BECAUSE NO GETTING POWER ON IS NOT HIS JOB THERE. AS FAR AS GETTING A GRIP,I WOULD LOVE TO,ON YOUR UNAPPRECIATIVE ASS!!!! THIS IS WHY WHEN OTHER MEANS OF NATURE HIT NOONE WANTS TO COME BACK AND LEND A HAND,ALL YOU KNOW TO DO IS COMPLAIN AND SAY WHAT IF'S,AND BLAME MOTHER NATURE ON EMPLOYEES!!!SO PLEASE IF ANYONE NEEDS TO SHUT-UP LET IT BE YOU,I AM DONE WITH YOUR STUPID ASS!!!!!!!!!!
pissed off wife

Winchester, KY

#38 Jan 10, 2010
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG LADY....TAKE A PILL!! and learn how to spell!
YOU NEED TO STAY THE F--- OUT OF THIS..I AM SO SURPRISED YOU CAUGHT SOMETHING,IF ONLY A LETTER BEING LEFT OFF!! TAKE A PILL,THAT'S RIGHT A PILL IS ALL YOU PEOPLE KNOW,NO MATTER IT LOOKS LIKE OR WHAT IT'S FOR!!take a pill! ONLY WORDS SPOKEN FROM A PILL HEAD!!!
You sound dumb

Pikeville, KY

#39 Jan 10, 2010
pissed off wife wrote:
<quoted text>
You f------right one man was mine and lazy Hell No! His ASS was out helping get more appreciative people other than yourself,power back on.I WOULD LOVE TO BE AROUND YOU WHEN THIS HAPPENS AND SEE IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO CAN SHUT ME THE F---UP,THAT IS IF YOU CAN GET A JOB DONE QUICKER THAN YOU THINK THEY DID!! YOU are so stupid,no one was slaming anyone untill your stupid ass said something so retarded!! I GUESS IT DOES HURT TO HEAR THE TRUTH! ONLY DUMB UNEDUCATED PEOPLE CAN SIT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR POWER BEING OFF SO LONG,WELL YES I CAN SAY YOU'RE NOT APPRECIATIVE ABOUT OTHERS BEING OUT HELPING,AND NO DON'T EVEN GO AND START SAYING IT WAS HIS JOB,BECAUSE NO GETTING POWER ON IS NOT HIS JOB THERE. AS FAR AS GETTING A GRIP,I WOULD LOVE TO,ON YOUR UNAPPRECIATIVE ASS!!!! THIS IS WHY WHEN OTHER MEANS OF NATURE HIT NOONE WANTS TO COME BACK AND LEND A HAND,ALL YOU KNOW TO DO IS COMPLAIN AND SAY WHAT IF'S,AND BLAME MOTHER NATURE ON EMPLOYEES!!!SO PLEASE IF ANYONE NEEDS TO SHUT-UP LET IT BE YOU,I AM DONE WITH YOUR STUPID ASS!!!!!!!!!!
To begin with, uneduacated?? It's so obvious that your not, so I wont say anything! Are you seriously going to bring mother nature in this? That is such a load of BS. You and everyone else knows, when it comes to cutting the trees AEP or the tree cutting service SUCKS!

You are such a good example of why certain people should not be allowed access to the internet. Please start making sense when posting. Check your spelling you will atleast come across as a some what intelligent person.

Dumb a$$??? I responded to your post you idiot! When people put thoughts into words its called writing and you must have one hell of a cloudy mind! Who uses the word seeming anyway??

To a point I agree with the other post that said for you to take a pill and calm down. I am fairly sure their not a pill head. I believe they thought you needed something to take the edge off. Seriously, what takes the edge off of stupidity??
OMG

Betsy Layne, KY

#40 Jan 10, 2010
pissed off wife wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU NEED TO STAY THE F--- OUT OF THIS..I AM SO SURPRISED YOU CAUGHT SOMETHING,IF ONLY A LETTER BEING LEFT OFF!! TAKE A PILL,THAT'S RIGHT A PILL IS ALL YOU PEOPLE KNOW,NO MATTER IT LOOKS LIKE OR WHAT IT'S FOR!!take a pill! ONLY WORDS SPOKEN FROM A PILL HEAD!!!
Wow you have some serious anger issues!!! You sound like you're on something now!! FYI, I am not a pill head. I have a job, I work, do you? BTW I have family who works for Ashplundh, out there everyday and working into the night. However, I was still frustrated about not having power for 8 days. How long were you without power?
pissed off wife

Winchester, KY

#41 Jan 10, 2010
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you have some serious anger issues!!! You sound like you're on something now!! FYI, I am not a pill head. I have a job, I work, do you? BTW I have family who works for Ashplundh, out there everyday and working into the night. However, I was still frustrated about not having power for 8 days. How long were you without power?
Longer than 8 f------days,and yes I have a damn job also.FYI my damn husband was babysitting yours all damn day!!!!! As far as being on something yeah I trip when people like you put down my husband and his job,like it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 10 min Dayum 655
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min so true 142,516
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 58 min Gods children 28,812
Jacky Darryl and his Gas Card 1 hr JayCee 16
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 24,629
FBI seeks info on KY Public Corruption 2 hr Dude 16
spite or swallow 6 hr suckitdry 4
Judge Combs Redux 8 hr No Resolution 73
Wreck Mon Pam Dawson 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages