Eastern Kentucky is a Third World Cou...

Eastern Kentucky is a Third World Country

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The X-Eastern Kentukian

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2010
Yes, there are some exceptions
No, it's not nice to generalize
That being said, The stench of the foul culture of people from Pike County or should I say from anywhere defined as E.Ky is like a thirld word country in our own backyard.
Y'all know what Im talking about. The infidelity, the men that beat their women, the women who rip off their men, Can't get above your raisin as it might be a crime.
The shit you spill into your creeks, the hair color products the tanning booths and the rings on every finger, and the list goes on
You fill the emergency rooms with your neglected diseases and your children more often live with your mom than they do with you.
Come Sunday dinner at Mammaws with your blanks stares, your bad teeth and your lies and your overweight children
Y'all make me sick!
ou see in socio-economic disadvantaged areas and cultures in the Phillipines or South America and many places all over rural America people are in poverty beyond the imagination of the Nascar,tobacco smokin trailer trash that litter these filthy creeks.

These are peasant types. The eat wholesome foods instead of welfare check sugars and have fewer diseases becuase their not suckin down moon pies or mountain dew and Ale 8's. They are humble and kind instead of good ol boys or womens whose voices are husky with cigarettes. Their bodies are clean and and their little plots are well manicured instead of trashed and rotten doghouses falling into the creek

They walk to the garden with baskets on their heads instead of allowing their 7 year old on a dangerous ATV. The men are in the fields instead of beating their women. Their children live at home and the women and men don't eat oxycontin and xanax like they were candy

Yep Eastern Kentucky has a lot of excuses because of the poverty they state brings them to the level they are at but I've lived amongst this culture. A culture where it is a crime to get above your raisin. A filthy, dirty thieving culture with cars on the back lot and TV's piled on top of each other.

Being poor doesn't give anybody a reason to be filthy physically, mentally or spiritually. Incest,pedophiles and crystal meth addicts are in far greater numbers per capita than any other area like it.

So tell me whats the deal with the rings on every finger. Are the penticostals gypsies now?
Ur A Nut Job

Anderson, SC

#2 Jan 2, 2010
Well, since you've obviously found your own little Utopia...wherever you are...why not just forget about the people here and leave everyone alone?

What good purpose does it serve to write such vile and hostile things?

I have lived here my whole life. I do not agree with many things about the culture of eastern Kentucky. But I do realize that there are reasons for the dysfunction that takes place here. The people here were victimized, in various ways, for several generations. So how can you expect anything other than dysfunction?

And, yes...I do have a problem with your broad generalizations about the people of this area. There are many strong, highly intelligent, and successful people in this area. Only the strongest of people could've survived the many hardships that have been flung our way. And I'm talking all the way back to our ancestors who settled this area, too. They had to overcome so much. And we are their descendants...strong and proud.

Tell me this, what kind of person delights in criticizing people who already are having a hard time? Are you now suddenly better than everyone else simply because you have changed your location? It seems to me, that someone who has managed to "rise above" the hardships of this region would want to do something to help the people here...not to sit back and bash them. Tell me...does it help your own self-esteem to do so?

You clearly have some anger issues that you need to address. I'd suggest you do it in therapy, rather than a viscious tirade directed at a people and culture that are already struggling.

Wherever you are, please...stay there...we don't need another person in this world bashing our population. Certainly, not one of our own. How very hypocritical.:(
Phelpian

Winchester, KY

#3 Jan 2, 2010
Ah! You must have lost yer draw check! Woke up this mornin and decided to show off your 8th grade education and get some pay back.

I seen a person get this way once from chickenshit poison, been walking in it and got it between their toes and it set up an infection that went to their brain!

I bet you are one of them uppity Hillbilly's that live at the mouth of the holler and look down on all us head of the holler types.

What you call a third world country we call almost heaven! Well I got to go me a big ol moonpie and a Mountain Dew! Loaded up yesterday, got my check early on account of the new year starting on the the first! Imagine that, got to go up granny's for a soup bean dinner after while so I got to only eat 3 and one 6 pack of Dew! Damn youngun's down at the emergency room agian, wrecked his ATV he got for christmas. That kid will never see 8 years old if he don't straighten up!
I bet the little snot thinks he will get some of my pain pills when he gets out, Ha! Fat Chance!

I got to have 4 a day and have to sell the rest to buy baccer with!

Oh! by the way! What's a third world country? did not know we had a world past the county line! You ain't been smokin them wacky backy cigs have ya?
The X-Eastern Kentukian

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2010
No I am not from Eastern Kentucky but I lived there for 7 years. I am from New England and now live between Louisville and Lexington , so I have gotten to see the brighter side of Kentucky for the last 28 years.

My first years in Kentucky were in Pikeville and I laughed outloud when you said that Kentuckians have been victimized. They victimize each other alright so I am in total agreement there. I don't for a minute believe that the victimization of the masses by their mine bosses and the mine town had anything to do with Billy Bob touchin Little Suzy or smokin meth, eatin oxycontins or chewing xanax.

More xanax was prescribed in Pike County than the entire Pacific Northwest in 2005.

There is a reason that this area is the laughing stock of the country. But to me it's not so funny. The pathology of this region is as sick and as dark as the sulphur water that leaves a stain and stench wherever it runs. Even behind the beauty of your beautiful forests are clearcut carved out mountains.

Why do I waste my time saying all these things? Because you people are a crime to humanity
idiot

Macon, GA

#5 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
No I am not from Eastern Kentucky but I lived there for 7 years. I am from New England and now live between Louisville and Lexington , so I have gotten to see the brighter side of Kentucky for the last 28 years.
My first years in Kentucky were in Pikeville and I laughed outloud when you said that Kentuckians have been victimized. They victimize each other alright so I am in total agreement there. I don't for a minute believe that the victimization of the masses by their mine bosses and the mine town had anything to do with Billy Bob touchin Little Suzy or smokin meth, eatin oxycontins or chewing xanax.
More xanax was prescribed in Pike County than the entire Pacific Northwest in 2005.
There is a reason that this area is the laughing stock of the country. But to me it's not so funny. The pathology of this region is as sick and as dark as the sulphur water that leaves a stain and stench wherever it runs. Even behind the beauty of your beautiful forests are clearcut carved out mountains.
Why do I waste my time saying all these things? Because you people are a crime to humanity
thank you so much for showing me, an eastern KY redneck hillbilly the light! before your post, I was so stupid...I thought the fact that I had a great job making good money, a college degree, a wonderful EDUCATED family, and generally HAPPY life meant something. Now, after reading your theory on us imbread hill jacks, I realize just how filthy and nasty I am. Thank you.

Your a fucking nut job dumb ass. I want to know exactly where you lived in Eastern KY because, although the people and places you described DO exist, it is not the norm around here buddy. I wish you would have voiced your oppinion when you were still in Eastern KY...your mouth would be wired shut after your got your jaw broke for speaking this way about some of the hardest working, family oriented, people you've ever had the honor of knowing. Kill yourself.
Austin

Cynthiana, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2010
Eastern Kentucky is my home. I moved to Florida in the middle of my freshmen year. I lived there for a year and a half. Now I'm a junior. Theres no place I adore more then Pike county Kentucky.

While I was down there I yerned to be back home in the mountains. This place is gorgeous and I think many people dont recognize it.

Also, I think we are a lot better off then the people I went to school with in Florida. They all looked skanky and dirty(in my opinion) I mean here on check day you will find some characters at Walmart, but at school you can always expect people to look clean and well dressed.

All of my friends drive nice cars, wear nice clothes. I feel a lot of us are very fortunate.

Also! How can someone be so rude to bash our culture. This is maybe the most unique and enriched culture in America! Our accent is so unique. People away from here love it, and we should be proud of it. Fact: Its more closer to the old english version of speaking, because people around here has been so isolated. To add, a lot of the words we use are derived from french words. Such as covers, mamaw, and papaw.

I believe this place is amazing. Despite our perscription drug problem.....but drugs are an issue ANYWHERE you go.

I will admit we do need to improve this area for the younger generation. It has so much potential and I hope nothing but the best for this place.

I love kentucky!
PIKE

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
No I am not from Eastern Kentucky but I lived there for 7 years. I am from New England and now live between Louisville and Lexington , so I have gotten to see the brighter side of Kentucky for the last 28 years.
My first years in Kentucky were in Pikeville and I laughed outloud when you said that Kentuckians have been victimized. They victimize each other alright so I am in total agreement there. I don't for a minute believe that the victimization of the masses by their mine bosses and the mine town had anything to do with Billy Bob touchin Little Suzy or smokin meth, eatin oxycontins or chewing xanax.
More xanax was prescribed in Pike County than the entire Pacific Northwest in 2005.
There is a reason that this area is the laughing stock of the country. But to me it's not so funny. The pathology of this region is as sick and as dark as the sulphur water that leaves a stain and stench wherever it runs. Even behind the beauty of your beautiful forests are clearcut carved out mountains.
Why do I waste my time saying all these things? Because you people are a crime to humanity
We already knew you were "from" new england. You appear to have the same traits as barney frank and 'hanoi' john kerry. Such an excuse for humanity as you gender bending, left wing, hand wringing ankle biters are definitely not welcome in our midst. It's such as you that make us LOVE being here. Keep it up. You are giving us a big laugh and yet another reason to look down upon you. If you had someone around you to trash you would, but you come on a forum because not ONE person lives that you really feel superior to. Nothing you say is going to affect us any way, other than to enjoy knowing you are making silly angry faces at your parents' computer monitor. I can just see you now. You look exactly like that kid on his own flick screaming and crying about the treatment of Brittany Spears. You poor defenseless child.
Happy in the Hills

Richmond, KY

#8 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
No I am not from Eastern Kentucky but I lived there for 7 years. I am from New England and now live between Louisville and Lexington , so I have gotten to see the brighter side of Kentucky for the last 28 years.
My first years in Kentucky were in Pikeville and I laughed outloud when you said that Kentuckians have been victimized. They victimize each other alright so I am in total agreement there. I don't for a minute believe that the victimization of the masses by their mine bosses and the mine town had anything to do with Billy Bob touchin Little Suzy or smokin meth, eatin oxycontins or chewing xanax.
More xanax was prescribed in Pike County than the entire Pacific Northwest in 2005.
There is a reason that this area is the laughing stock of the country. But to me it's not so funny. The pathology of this region is as sick and as dark as the sulphur water that leaves a stain and stench wherever it runs. Even behind the beauty of your beautiful forests are clearcut carved out mountains.
Why do I waste my time saying all these things? Because you people are a crime to humanity
You sir, are an idiot. I have lived in Pike County all of my life. I am a successful businessman, thanks to the hospitality of the kind people that call Eastern Kentucky home. I would also like to add that I am well-traveled, I have been all over this country. It is true that Eastern Kentucky has poverty, however, I have yet to be in an area that doesn't. Have you ever seen downtown Atlanta? Detroit? Chicago? Los Angeles? These places have slum areas much worse than anything I have seen in Eastern Kentucky. Their inner-city schools often have guards at the entrances that check the students' back-packs for guns. There are drive-by shootings in these places on a daily basis, and I certainly would'nt be caught wondering around on these streets at night. I've been to Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati, many, many, times. Those places are alright to visit, and maybe catch a ballgame, but other than that...you can have it. Granted, Pikeville isn't perfect, but is suits me just fine. I think it's a pretty good place to live, work, and raise a family...and we're doing just fine without you. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!
Looking Elsewhere

United States

#9 Jan 2, 2010
Punch in zip codes from other towns.I was amazed at the diffence between this one and the others.Even Grundy,Va.24614.What a difference.
The X-Eastern Kentukian

United States

#10 Jan 2, 2010
You note in your reply post that
>>the people and places you described DO exist.

Those are the people I am referring to. You live there and you understand what I'm getting at. Are we clear on that then?
The X-Eastern Kentukian

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2010
Its not you I speak of. Its the ones that show up at Walmart smelling like sour ass.
The X-Eastern Kentukian

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2010
and don't forget "doomaflotchit"
abc

Winchester, KY

#13 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
You note in your reply post that
>>the people and places you described DO exist.
Those are the people I am referring to. You live there and you uIf nd

erstand what I'm getting at. Are we clear on that then?
If you can't say something nice about people in Eastern Ky. Just keep your big mouth closed. You just want to get **** started.
PIKE

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
Its not you I speak of. Its the ones that show up at Walmart smelling like sour ass.
Son, you really will have to stop sniffing people's asses. You know how I kick the dog for doing that.
idiot

Macon, GA

#15 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
You note in your reply post that
>>the people and places you described DO exist.
Those are the people I am referring to. You live there and you understand what I'm getting at. Are we clear on that then?
Nope, not clear because who in the hell are you to judge? what makes you so much better? I hope you've started a post on New England's sight about the poor and uneducated in that area as well. Its pathetic that you do not have anything better to do than get on this ridiculous sight and bash people who are from an area that you USE to live in...you have nothing for the place, and we have nothing for you. I just can't wrap my head around someone being so miserable.
linda

Winchester, KY

#16 Jan 2, 2010
I am so glad you are an X-Eastern Kentuckian. Thank God you left cause we don't need people like you. You ought to know what a sour ass smells like!
PIKE

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jan 2, 2010
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant;

They too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;

they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
friend

Ransom, KY

#18 Jan 2, 2010
The X-Eastern Kentukian wrote:
No I am not from Eastern Kentucky but I lived there for 7 years. I am from New England and now live between Louisville and Lexington , so I have gotten to see the brighter side of Kentucky for the last 28 years.
My first years in Kentucky were in Pikeville and I laughed outloud when you said that Kentuckians have been victimized. They victimize each other alright so I am in total agreement there. I don't for a minute believe that the victimization of the masses by their mine bosses and the mine town had anything to do with Billy Bob touchin Little Suzy or smokin meth, eatin oxycontins or chewing xanax.
More xanax was prescribed in Pike County than the entire Pacific Northwest in 2005.
There is a reason that this area is the laughing stock of the country. But to me it's not so funny. The pathology of this region is as sick and as dark as the sulphur water that leaves a stain and stench wherever it runs. Even behind the beauty of your beautiful forests are clearcut carved out mountains.
Why do I waste my time saying all these things? Because you people are a crime to humanity
I wouldn't be bragging too much about being from a New England state if I was you. I watched a news report recently about how lenient the courts are in some of these states concerning "Billy Bob touchin Little Suzy"....just a short parole time, etc....no jail time. I view this as good news for the rest of the country though...as most states, other than those in the northeast, are pretty harsh on pedophiles....you people are sending them engraved invitations to come to your part of the U.S. This is probably one reason that your part of the country has a growing population...good for you!! I'm pretty sure this report was on CNN...you might check their website and read it for yourself. Actually though, I doubt that you are from anywhere other than the head of the dirtiest little checkdrawing hollow in eastern Kentucky...it's not polite to get on Topix and degrade your family and neighbors the way that you are doing. People like you are pathetic!! lol
comeback

Georgetown, KY

#19 Jan 2, 2010
please please mr x eastern kentuckian,we miss you sooo much!you finally showed us the light.if you come back i promise you we will be good.granny is fixin possum stew sunday,and whatever else didnt make it across the road. to bad about grandad and that moonshinin accident,i remember how much he loved possum.anyhew,the mountain dew,ale 8,and moon pies,AND POSSUM will be waitin on ya.see ya there.

YOU ARE PATHETIC!GET OVER YOURSELF!EASTERN KY HAS ITS PROBLEMS,SHOW ME ANYPLACE THAT DOESNT.IF YOU FIND A PERFECT PLACE LET US KNOW,WE WILL TAKE UP A COLLECTION TO MOVE YOU THERE.YOU CAN THEN LIVE WITH THE PERFECT PEOPLE.
The X-Eastern Kentuckian

United States

#20 Jan 2, 2010
You stated in your previous post:
>>>Its pathetic that you do not have anything better to do than get on this ridiculous sight and bash people who are from an area that you USE to live in.
The term would be "USED" to live in with a "ed" at the end to indicate past tense. With these types of responses my point illustrates itself.
But seriously, its not the three "R"'s I'm talking about (Reading, Riting and Route 23 North), and it's not any of you guys, because the people I'm talking about would never have anything like a semi intellectual conversation like we're having even if it is on the unfriendly side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EnerBlu Jobs in Pikeville 10 min Only 900 15
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 37 min Visitor Bob 26,919
Word Association (Aug '11) 40 min Visitor Bob 7,903
Three word game (Mar '09) 46 min Visitor Bob 3,287
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 56 min Uncle Tom 39,134
If you REALLY want to get mad over PROPERTY TAX... 1 hr Tax Inquirer 41
How Many Sex Partners? (Aug '10) 1 hr Come ON 69

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages