Social Workers in Pike County

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned

Phelps, KY

#1 Sep 26, 2010
I am needing some help or information. I have a family member who is taking care of children. They have been taken from their parents. The new caregiver is getting no financial support, but the parents are getting money for these children. Is this legal? We've tried to contact the social worker on the case to no avail. She does not like to call people back (I thought it was about the kids?). My questions: Are there any social programs to help the new caregiver and does anyone know of a good social worker who will help this individual. This individual also works a full-time job. They need serious help! Any sensible suggestions? Please don't turn this thread into a joke. They're are children involved. Serious responses only. Thank you.
Not legal

Pikeville, KY

#2 Sep 26, 2010
This is not legal and you can call Community Based Services and explain the situation to them and they should be able to help or put you in contact with someone who can.
Jonah Wee Stevens

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2010
Is it Sherena Hamilton? She is the laziest good for nothing social worker out there. I had a similar incident years ago where she refused to contact me back, AND THEN BLAMED ME.
Boy Howdy

Pikeville, KY

#4 Sep 27, 2010
Jonah Wee Stevens wrote:
Is it Sherena Hamilton? She is the laziest good for nothing social worker out there. I had a similar incident years ago where she refused to contact me back, AND THEN BLAMED ME.
Give it up, Amy. Everyone knows you'd rather sit on the computer...bad-mouthing people...scarfing bon bons rather than trying to see, contact, or take care of your own.

I'll say it AGAIN, clean up your act and try to see your kids when you can. AND, be greatful that your ex might allow it once in a while. You've proven that you're not stable to everybody and then some....
feelings

Elkhorn City, KY

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Boy Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up, Amy. Everyone knows you'd rather sit on the computer...bad-mouthing people...scarfing bon bons rather than trying to see, contact, or take care of your own.
I'll say it AGAIN, clean up your act and try to see your kids when you can. AND, be greatful that your ex might allow it once in a while. You've proven that you're not stable to everybody and then some....
How would you feel if your children was taken from you?Just because this ex of hers has some pull where he is a lawyer,This woman is not crazy,its the most hurtful thing in this world losing a child to death,and for someone to take living children away from someone who gave birth to them and not let them have a relationship with them,THAT IS AS LOW AS ANY FORM OF HUMAN BEING ON THIS EARTH COULD GO.NO THIS AMY IS NOT CRAZY,CRAZY OVER HER CHILDREN.I HOPE THIS PERSON GETS WHAT HE DESERVES WHEN GOD HANGS HIM BY HIS TOENAILS.AND FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE who are friends of this devil,karma is a bitch.
know

Jackson, KY

#6 Sep 28, 2010
social workers in pikeville don't check out a d-m thing they seat on there lazy but all day. they don't even knowwhat the law said in the book they don't know what the books reads go to the courthouse and listen
Jonah Wee Stevens

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Sep 28, 2010
Sherena Hamilton wrote in her reports about the "goodness of [Jonah Lee Stevens] heart". What did Jonah Lee Stevens do for Sherena Hamilton so she knew his heart was so "good"??
Concerned

Ransom, KY

#8 Sep 28, 2010
No, this is another case. The social worker is named Miranda. I cannot remember her last name. She needs to do follow ups and not just one time. The kids had been living with a convicted drug dealer and still are. He was just released from prison but really should be going back. He has not changed! SAVE THE KIDS!
step mommy

Virgie, KY

#9 Oct 12, 2010
iam not sure if its the food stamp office or the social secerity office thiere is a thing called kinship care depending on ur income u may also be able to get food stamps and medical cards for them ive been dealing with a ss worker for a long time and shes great their job is to reunite mothers with their children but somes mothers dont want that
My bad

Stanton, KY

#11 Mar 12, 2011
it's a shame that these people are allowed to call themselves Social workers..3/4 of are not are not licensed by the state as social workers..they are just people who work there..
I ride the Short bus

Pikeville, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2011
Yeah don't they just have to have a high school diploma, I think I'll apply.
truth

Virgie, KY

#13 Mar 12, 2011
My bad wrote:
it's a shame that these people are allowed to call themselves Social workers..3/4 of are not are not licensed by the state as social workers..they are just people who work there..
let me say alittle something about these so called social workers. 10 years ago I was a drug addict, social services were called on me, yes I suppose I deserved it, I was a bad mother. No physical abuse or anything just put drugs before my child. I have had 2 or 3 run ins with them. I will tell u first hand those people will lie, not stretch the truth alittle, LIE. I have nothing to hide, no reason to lie now cause everything is good in my life. But I will warn u, they will say they come to your house knowing good and well they didn't, they will invent things to put in their little files also. And if u cannot get ahold of them it is YOUR fault. I'm not saying all of them r like that but I have talked to 3 and all 3 were liers. They will tell u something to your face and when u leave or they leave beware when u meet again it will be something totally different. When the last one did me that way, I got in my car and went back to her office and I told her to pick up the phone and tell the person what she told me. I had left the office with her telling me 1 thing and when I came home to settle the situation she had told them she didn't say it. But when I walked back in and she had been caught she didn't know what to say. Really if u r having problems with addiction or something of that sort, who is everyone going to believe? I think that they know that. But over half of them r not the image everyone pictures in their head when u think of social worker.
seenit

Georgetown, KY

#14 Mar 12, 2011
Concerned wrote:
I am needing some help or information. I have a family member who is taking care of children. They have been taken from their parents. The new caregiver is getting no financial support, but the parents are getting money for these children. Is this legal? We've tried to contact the social worker on the case to no avail. She does not like to call people back (I thought it was about the kids?). My questions: Are there any social programs to help the new caregiver and does anyone know of a good social worker who will help this individual. This individual also works a full-time job. They need serious help! Any sensible suggestions? Please don't turn this thread into a joke. They're are children involved. Serious responses only. Thank you.
what county is it in? truthfully, either county doesnt matter, go higher up. write higher than here. lexington or Frankfort. they will check into it,,where the ones here dont do half their jobs..trust me.
Mom

United States

#16 Mar 13, 2011
AMEN!!
Former Social Worker

Martin, KY

#17 Mar 13, 2011
Concerned wrote:
Yes, there are several programs that will be able to help your family member. One is called Kinship Care. However, the family must be able to show that they are "kin" to the children that they are caring for. They will receive monies monthly for each child that they are caring for. THIS MUST BE APPLIED FOR WITHIN A CERTAIN TIME FRAME. If you can not get your worker to assist you with this, call the worker's supervisor. As far as medical care, if the father or mother already have private insurance, then that insurance must follow the children. If they do not, then apply for medicaid at the local DCBS office, as they will qualify for the medical card, due to being an out of home child. The kinship care also has no income limit, due to the children being out of home. Make sure that you explain to the supervisor that you need assistance, and you need help with the forms, etc. A home visit will have to be made with a report being made to the DCBS office for the kinship care. I wish your family member the best of luck, and it is great of them to take the children in.
Former Social Worker

Martin, KY

#18 Mar 13, 2011
know wrote:
social workers in pikeville don't check out a d-m thing they seat on there lazy but all day. they don't even knowwhat the law said in the book they don't know what the books reads go to the courthouse and listen
There are some new workers that do not know all of the laws yet, and are still learning. You can be a worker for 20 years, and not know all of the laws, as the laws regarding child abuse and neglect change almost daily. What most people do not understand is that a worker must go by not only the law, but Standard's of Practice, as well as what the Supervisors will tell them to do. A worker is not allowed to make decisions on their own, as everything must be cleared through a supervisor. If you disagree with a decision of a worker, then ask to speak with that worker's supervisor, as that super MUST clear all decisions.
Former Social Worker

Martin, KY

#19 Mar 13, 2011
boo wrote:
<quoted text>
Miranda May got her ass fired Thank God she is no longer a social worker she don't know her ass from a big hole in the ground.I bet she done something really bad i hear you pretty much have to comitt murder to get fired from the state.
I don't know anything about this situation, but if you don't know this is a fact, you might want to refrain from posting this on here, as she can request a subpoena and find out who you are, and sue you. I am not trying to be mean, and no, I am not her, just trying to explain this to you.
Former Social Worker

Martin, KY

#20 Mar 13, 2011
My bad wrote:
Some info: You do not have to be a licensed social worker to be a state social worker. That is two different things. A clinical licensed social worker most of the time just does counseling. A social worker for the state deals with family issues, such as those that are being discussed here, as well as foster care, adoptions, etc.

Also, you do have to be a college graduate to work as a state social worker. You must have a degree in an area such as Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminal Justice, etc. After college, and you go through an interview, you are then sent to an academy, that at my time, was three months long, with continuous training from then on out. Also, the state requests that you continue your education, even helping, so that you obtain your Master's Degree.

There is A LOT of education involved in becoming a social worker, then a supervisor, and moving up the ladder.
Former Social Worker

Martin, KY

#21 Mar 13, 2011
I ride the Short bus wrote:
Yeah don't they just have to have a high school diploma, I think I'll apply.
You are wrong, please see the above comment. There is a lot education needed to be a social worker.
Former Social Worker

Martin, KY

#22 Mar 13, 2011
Jonah Wee Stevens wrote:
I am sorry that you had a bad experience, however, when I worked with Shereena, she was a very responsible social worker. She has been there for many, many years, and knows what she is doing. If someone is unsatisfied with the worker that they have, they may request another worker, but they have to have a good reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Places to RENT in Pikeville? (Jul '10) 11 min blond who knows 141
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min ChromiuMan 141,451
The Girls of La Fiesta Mexicana (Nov '10) 2 hr Typical Response 15
Happy 4th Zack & Tuck (Jul '14) 6 hr Amy 3
Judge Combs Redux 6 hr Amy 16
feel sorry for interracial children 6 hr mixed 11
nastiest women around virgie. 11 hr yourfunny 8
W. Keith Hall News (Dec '14) 15 hr mustard man 270
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages