Comments
101 - 120 of 120 Comments Last updated May 21, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
hayley carsone

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Dec 31, 2012
 
g-man wrote:
After all that we still havent located a dr thats takes ins, for the visit, I know ins usually pays for the wait a minute I had to get a strip out to see how to spell suboxone, but the dr are taking advance of us not taking ins,they want $$ thats a bunch of bull
alot of drs dont take insurance because they feel if u have money invested then ur more likely to graduate and follow the program...if u have no money invested at all then more ppl tend to not do good..my doctor started out taking insurance and had a lot of ppl to fail and get kicked out then the suboxone makers told him to try making them pay and see how that does..but i have had a lot of drs tell me that one reason y they dont is because they have to wait sometimes a year to get paid by ins companies, esp. medical card,and alot of time when they do get paid, then it is for only half of what they billed for..so its easier on them to just accept cash..
hayley carsone

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Dec 31, 2012
 
coverage or not wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance companies are all about making a profit. I don't know of any that will pay doctors for this treatment program. Also if you are on suboxone you will not find an insurance company that will privately insure you.
Now if you work for a business that provides insurance then you cannot be denied coverage. Once your insurance company knows you are in treatment you are marked as high risk. If you would, at any point, find it necessary to get private insurance you will not find a company willing to insure you until you have been off this medication for at least six months, and in many cases for at least a year.
Some people will not even file for script coverage because of then being labeled high risk.
This is a legtimate treatment program for a legitimate health problem. I think that patients should be able to receive coverge for it; but then I don't work or own an insurance company who simply look at their cients as possible profit decreasers.
i have alot of friends on medical card and it pays for their meds but only 3 a day..and there is a dr.trivette in pikeville who accepts medical card for suboxone treatment but the medical card will only pay for 3 drug screenings a year..
Nikki

Garrett, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

SUBOXONE does NOT work!!! My husband takes it and pretends like he is sober but he still does dope and steals pills. I told him, I thought that shit made everything better, it don't , he's lucky he ain't got caught yet, with the money we spend on sybixone he might as well still be on drugs either way he's a dope head or what I like to call a lifer cause ain't nothin gonna fix him its just easier for him to get sybixone
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Nikki wrote:
SUBOXONE does NOT work!!! My husband takes it and pretends like he is sober but he still does dope and steals pills. I told him, I thought that shit made everything better, it don't , he's lucky he ain't got caught yet, with the money we spend on sybixone he might as well still be on drugs either way he's a dope head or what I like to call a lifer cause ain't nothin gonna fix him its just easier for him to get sybixone
It isn't that the medicine doesn't work. Your husband has obviously made the choice to continue the same lifestyle that he had before. He has to decide to change and follow a legitimate treatment program.

I hope for his sake and yours too that he decides to make a change.
here is why

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Jan 14, 2013
 
why wrote:
why put perfectly good people down who are trying to do better in their lives? there is always going to be someone who will say bad things. if it helps people and the money isn't coming out of your wallet then why do you care? if you take it right then i say do it, it does work. i know b/c i take it. you don't get a buzz like i've heard methodone does and you can actually be a productive part of society again.
Because, in the reality of it, you're still having to use a medication to cope with the common everyday occurrences that life throws at you. If you decide to find a physician that prescribes Suboxone, please discuss an appropriate way to eventually come off the medication. It's not a chronic medication and the process of addiction continues as long as you continue taking the medication. Don't allow your addiction to fool you into believing it's OK to continue to take it forever. It's not meant to be that way and if doctors seem to give you that impression, you're not getting the full benefit of what recovery has to offer. I applaud those who seek help and I don't chastize anyone who has to take Suboxone. However, work with your doctor to find the best way to discontinue ALL meds that have the addictive potentials that will hamper your life. Do the right thing...see Suboxone as a step in the right direction but you always have to take the next step.
Dream_Catcher

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Suboxone program is really a great program for those that WANT to end the cycle of drug addiction. It seems that a lot of people don't understand how it works, so let me try to explain it. Drug addiction is a mental addiction. The Suboxone makes it a physical addiction. The physical addiction is easier to treat and break than the mental addiction. While in the program, you are also required to see a drug counselor. For those that really want to change, it is a miracle drug. It's not meant to be taken for the rest of your life either. The average time for the program is about 2 years. Then, you will be off the Suboxone. An addict will always be an addict. Sobriety is something that they will have to work on for the rest of their lives. It's not going to be something that comes easy or over night. It took time to create that addiction problem, and it takes time to treat it. Good luck to all of those that are seeking help. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to success!

**And, no, I'm not an addict and never have been. Just have had several loved ones faced with this problem and have seen it first hand. I have researched the Suboxone because I thought it was replacing one addiction for another, and I learned through that research that it is a legitimate program and it does work. I have seen the miracles it can do!
HELP

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Jan 19, 2013
 
Michellelynndavis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I went to a clinic in sayersvile could I get that number
What can anybody tell me about this place I have been on the waiting list since September and I finally got the call to come and see Doctor Ronnie Parker. I have to travel nearly 170 miles but if its 100 a month I guess it will be worth it. That is unless they only prescribe one a day. Im currently going to the clinic in Danville and I am prescribed 3 a day and have been for nearly a year...
eggs4sale

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Jan 19, 2013
 
HELP wrote:
<quoted text>What can anybody tell me about this place I have been on the waiting list since September and I finally got the call to come and see Doctor Ronnie Parker. I have to travel nearly 170 miles but if its 100 a month I guess it will be worth it. That is unless they only prescribe one a day. Im currently going to the clinic in Danville and I am prescribed 3 a day and have been for nearly a year...
A good substance abuse Dr will start you on medication and a dose that your body needs to over come your addiction with time the addiction process, can be eliminated.
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Jan 19, 2013
 
HELP wrote:
<quoted text>What can anybody tell me about this place I have been on the waiting list since September and I finally got the call to come and see Doctor Ronnie Parker. I have to travel nearly 170 miles but if its 100 a month I guess it will be worth it. That is unless they only prescribe one a day. Im currently going to the clinic in Danville and I am prescribed 3 a day and have been for nearly a year...
You might be surprised to find out that you would actually feel better taking a much lower dose.
ProMTR

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dream_Catcher wrote:
The Suboxone program is really a great program for those that WANT to end the cycle of drug addiction. It seems that a lot of people don't understand how it works, so let me try to explain it. Drug addiction is a mental addiction. The Suboxone makes it a physical addiction. The physical addiction is easier to treat and break than the mental addiction. While in the program, you are also required to see a drug counselor. For those that really want to change, it is a miracle drug. It's not meant to be taken for the rest of your life either. The average time for the program is about 2 years. Then, you will be off the Suboxone. An addict will always be an addict. Sobriety is something that they will have to work on for the rest of their lives. It's not going to be something that comes easy or over night. It took time to create that addiction problem, and it takes time to treat it. Good luck to all of those that are seeking help. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to success!
**And, no, I'm not an addict and never have been. Just have had several loved ones faced with this problem and have seen it first hand. I have researched the Suboxone because I thought it was replacing one addiction for another, and I learned through that research that it is a legitimate program and it does work. I have seen the miracles it can do!
Dreaming is a good name for you. If you've never walked a path why in the world would you try to lead others down it? There is a reason most Counselors were once addicts, well the good ones anyways. Every single person is different, and what worked for one will not for another. That two years might be fine for some people, hell some might need that long, but others could very well take much longer. A big problem with treatment is people who don't have a remote clue as to what they are talking about trying to tell others how to get clean. From my experience a lot of addicts are self medicating psychological problems. The nonsense about putting them on a standard program is basically a waste of time. Some will always need something just to be normal. We only have on life and it is a short one. I have no intentions of feeling miserable the better part of it. This drugs is bad is what you have been taught. They have been criminalized out of fear and cowardice. If it takes drugs for me to be happy then by god that is what it will be. There wouldn't be any problem if a person could walk in to a store and just buy what they needed. A person can walk in to a liquor store and buy enough alcohol to stay drunk for as long as they want. A person can walk in to a Gun Store and buy an Assault rifle. A feller can even impregnate his girlfriend if that is what he wants, but buy a pill and they think you need to be in prison. It's not the addicts who are messed up, oh no, it's idiots thinking they know what is best for people they don't even know.
ProMTR

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Jan 19, 2013
 
A little advice for OP, stay away from Dr Fannin. Program is a joke and like a troop of baboons have been put in charge of the Zoo. There are times you will need a PA to get medicine filled. Simple as answering a few questions on one piece of paper, but can easily take weeks. They have no problem lying about faxing it either. Those simple drugs tests that should take every bit of five minutes, well if your number comes up you can sit in the office for five or six hours waiting to pee in a cup. I don't know about you but try holding your water for that long, it doesn't work out too well for me. On top of that they will switch you back and forth between the Pikeville Office and the Prestonsburg Office. It's an absolute f'n mess and just keeps getting worse. Someone mentioned earlier that some offices will only take cash because they have bette success rates, bullcrap, they are no better then drug dealers when they pull that chit.
Pikeville

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't that the medicine doesn't work. Your husband has obviously made the choice to continue the same lifestyle that he had before. He has to decide to change and follow a legitimate treatment program.
I hope for his sake and yours too that he decides to make a change.
....Nikki,,yes Suboxone does work,but it's your choice if you want it to,and if its not working for your husband it's because he don't want to stop his meds,whatever he may use? He may not like the normal life that it makes you feel when you take the Suboxone,cause it sure dont give you a high a buzz,none of that,and I'd say he likes the buzz,because SUBOXONE DOES WORK.......THAT'S A FACT!!!!!
Ex patient Christopher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Feb 16, 2013
 
g-man wrote:
After all that we still havent located a dr thats takes ins, for the visit, I know ins usually pays for the wait a minute I had to get a strip out to see how to spell suboxone, but the dr are taking advance of us not taking ins,they want $$ thats a bunch of bull
I just wanted u all to know Dr Trivette in Meta, Ky will take medical card for the visit too! Your first visit is $300 cash but medical card will pay for all your medicine and then every visit is paid by card. I know that was April and May of last year when I went. But the program is so complicated and the staff is so hateful and rude! They have bad attitude with u! Especially the secretary! So very hateful! That's the reason I stopped going there! I just thought I would let u know that he did take the medical card after first visit.
been there

Auxier, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Feb 18, 2013
 
ProMTR wrote:
A little advice for OP, stay away from Dr Fannin. Program is a joke and like a troop of baboons have been put in charge of the Zoo. There are times you will need a PA to get medicine filled. Simple as answering a few questions on one piece of paper, but can easily take weeks. They have no problem lying about faxing it either. Those simple drugs tests that should take every bit of five minutes, well if your number comes up you can sit in the office for five or six hours waiting to pee in a cup. I don't know about you but try holding your water for that long, it doesn't work out too well for me. On top of that they will switch you back and forth between the Pikeville Office and the Prestonsburg Office. It's an absolute f'n mess and just keeps getting worse. Someone mentioned earlier that some offices will only take cash because they have bette success rates, bullcrap, they are no better then drug dealers when they pull that chit.
i thought they closed that place down in pikeville hospital where unite payed for it or did they just move
kayla

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Mar 25, 2013
 
shhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>I go here in pikeville and it is 100 a week for two or three week's and then u go up to every 2 week's and then it is 150 every 2 week's like one or two time's and then it is 250 a month ...so if u think that is something u would like let me know i'll give u what ur lookin for...
Email me the info on were location at kayla_cooley@yahoo.com thanks very mmuch
EASTERN KY

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Mar 26, 2013
 
Ex patient Christopher wrote:
<quoted text> I just wanted u all to know Dr Trivette in Meta, Ky will take medical card for the visit too! Your first visit is $300 cash but medical card will pay for all your medicine and then every visit is paid by card. I know that was April and May of last year when I went. But the program is so complicated and the staff is so hateful and rude! They have bad attitude with u! Especially the secretary! So very hateful! That's the reason I stopped going there! I just thought I would let u know that he did take the medical card after first visit.
This whole post is false. Dr Trivette is my family Dr i dont have a drug issue like some that he treats but have seen them in his office they are kind and very caring to everyone I even overheard a man ask how much it would cost him in cash because he had just started a new job that paid well and would be loosing his med card they told him they did not take cash ive heard them answer the phone many times and tell people they are not taken new people they are full and will put you no a long waiting list i don't know why people want to lie its just silly
Desperately need help

Holtwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Apr 29, 2013
 
Looking for a sub doctor in the Warrington area that my insurance will cover :( I can't find one that even takes insurance
Barb

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Jan 2, 2014
 
Was on subs for 3days only n on 30mg for 4 years livigrin sent me home still bad for me especially at night
brad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Apr 3, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Now now brown cow wrote:
Your killing yourselves guys stop it
when you get hooked on stuff the only
way to get off of it is to puit without
help cold turkey . Man it an't easy but
it is worth it if not your going to have
the same problems just defferent drugs
RUN FROM THE DRUGS RUN.....There bad...


That's what the prob is.... people like u think u know what your talking about, people make mistakes and go down that road, and until u have been there, or went through withdrawal, u have no idea what it takes, and it's definitely not at all cold Turkey. Cold Turkey can even kill you depending what drug u are on.... so keep talking bull u have no idea your talking about just like everyone else here... what blows my mind is if ur not an addict seeking or giving help, then why are u even on his thread..... makes no sense
ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
May 21, 2014
 
im a slob wrote:
ive got a buddy that goes to doctor Parker. he started him off with 3 8mg. per day. he only goes once a month too!$100 per month!
What city is parker in?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Johnny 364
What is Anna Pinson hiding? 11 min opinion 46
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Reality 147,374
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 32 min Anne52 81,566
Looking for a lesbian/bi female (Nov '11) 52 min sisser 24
freddie bowling 1 hr wondering 1
TJ Litafik 1 hr aha 59
City Propaganda is Never Ending PR Machine 5 hr Hello 59
shooting at the bike club??? 22 hr A friend of theirs 65
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••