Will American States Become Countries?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Proud Happy American

London, KY

#1 Mar 8, 2013
I keep hearing about a lot of states possibly seceding from the rest of America, and becoming their own country. Can they really do that? What's up with that? I heard that Kentucky is one of the states trying to do that. What do y'all think about that?
Justice

Kimper, KY

#2 Mar 9, 2013
Thats left over BS from the election, no one is going to secede. It would never work in this day and age, period. It would take a full states population to join in and most wont. They'd lose to much, not to mention it would be very easy to attrition them into submission.

Its just a handful of psycho tea party members crying, truly an embrassment to the republican party. Thankfully there are still some sane members working toward the next election to get the white house, and in a mature way. More then i can say for the tea party. The sooner mitch and rand are gone, the better! I trust the republicans, but the tea party is what caused us to lose this election period

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Uh huh

London, KY

#4 Mar 9, 2013
crazy indian wrote:
<quoted text> 48 percent of the White vote was for the LIBERAL Negro Democrat. 65 Percent: of the 48 Percent was Cast by White Women: that voted for The NEGRO, because they Prefer BLACK MEN, Because it is said the BLACK MAN: has a much Larger DICK.
What the heck ???
stupid wtg

Georgetown, KY

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Proud Happy American wrote:
I keep hearing about a lot of states possibly seceding from the rest of America, and becoming their own country. Can they really do that? What's up with that? I heard that Kentucky is one of the states trying to do that. What do y'all think about that?
That would be wonderful if the coal,agriculture producing states would secede. 28 coal states alone. Could form a nice industrialized country under our republic constitution oh how nice it would be to have no liberals or wanna-be tyrants. we could build america back to the greatness of her yester-years
Scott

London, KY

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Justice wrote:
Thats left over BS from the election, no one is going to secede. It would never work in this day and age, period. It would take a full states population to join in and most wont. They'd lose to much, not to mention it would be very easy to attrition them into submission.
Its just a handful of psycho tea party members crying, truly an embrassment to the republican party. Thankfully there are still some sane members working toward the next election to get the white house, and in a mature way. More then i can say for the tea party. The sooner mitch and rand are gone, the better! I trust the republicans, but the tea party is what caused us to lose this election period
I agree with what you said about Rand Paul and The Tea Party, but their supporters are not the only people who want states to secede from the rest of America. I know conservatives who don't support Rand Paul and The Tea Party, but they support Kentucky seceding from America. I know liberals who voted for Obama, and want Kentucky to secede from America because they don't like what is happening Washington now, and I'm not talking about what Obama is doing. Obama isn't the only politician in America that people have a problem with. I heard on the news that there are even politicians in favor of some states seceding... And some people just don't trust the government, regardless of their political party affiliation, or who is president of America, or governor of their state. I personally don't want to see Kentucky secede from America, and I don't fear the government, but I will acknowledge that it seems like others having distrust of the government is becoming more common every day now.
Scott

London, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2013
stupid wtg wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be wonderful if the coal,agriculture producing states would secede. 28 coal states alone. Could form a nice industrialized country under our republic constitution oh how nice it would be to have no liberals or wanna-be tyrants. we could build america back to the greatness of her yester-years
I work for a coal company. I know some coal miners who are liberal. Just saying.
A Woman from Pikeville

Somerset, KY

#9 Mar 10, 2013
If it happens, it predict that Alaska, Texas and Florida will be the first three states to do it.
A Woman from Pikeville

Somerset, KY

#10 Mar 10, 2013
Ugh... If it happens, *I predict that Alaska, Texas and Florida will be the first three states to do it.
Smarter than most

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Mar 10, 2013
God, I hope they leave really soon, I seen no need for any of them
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2013
stupid wtg wrote:
<quoted text>
You could call it the Retardo States of Stupids.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#13 Mar 10, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what you said about Rand Paul and The Tea Party, but their supporters are not the only people who want states to secede from the rest of America. I know conservatives who don't support Rand Paul and The Tea Party, but they support Kentucky seceding from America. I know liberals who voted for Obama, and want Kentucky to secede from America because they don't like what is happening Washington now, and I'm not talking about what Obama is doing. Obama isn't the only politician in America that people have a problem with. I heard on the news that there are even politicians in favor of some states seceding... And some people just don't trust the government, regardless of their political party affiliation, or who is president of America, or governor of their state. I personally don't want to see Kentucky secede from America, and I don't fear the government, but I will acknowledge that it seems like others having distrust of the government is becoming more common every day now.
Just leave then Stupid.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#14 Mar 10, 2013
Succession from The United States Of America will never happen in my opinion but I can perceive something altogether entirely different possible: The United States of America regressing downward to land at a 3rd World Country status in due time. Unless major fundamental changes are established and an entire shift in people's thinking occurs then we all, we as a whole nation, are in for some big troubles.
Dumb

Ransom, KY

#15 Mar 10, 2013
We are already regressing to third world status. For more that 50 years the rich have seen their profit and wages go up over 700% while worker have seen less than 5.5% increase. The rich control the money and the politicians.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#16 Mar 10, 2013
Yet the average citizen refuses to acknowledge or accept the reality that everything always boils down to money no matter WHAT it is. Large corporations are the TRUE world powers for they basically control everything and in some ways, even control every aspect of an individual's life. Every thing is our lives is based on one ideology:
CONSUME. The only thing that matters is the bottom line, the profit margin these beastly behemoths are making in the BILLIONS and you/I/we do not mean anything to them other than potential income (for them) so what do they do? They purchase Lobbyists, the buy Politicians, they bribe and grease every wheel possible to insure their business GETS the business and they've infiltrated every political Party, they own the agencies where you/we get our news (therefore news is biased and always serving someone's agenda) and they determine what happens and what does not. They own what you eat, where you go, what you wear, what you drive, and they OWN the people you/we elect thinking and hoping are going to represent us and our interests in Washington so guess what? Yes, America is going to economically collapse at some point because people refuse to restrain themselves or live more modestly, frugally and within their truest means so they go into debt and our Government is no different. It's deficit spending everyday, spending money it does NOT have to start with and it's going to come crashing down eventually and more then likely those
monstrous corporations will somehow make money on that collapse or go under right along
with the rest of us.

CMN

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 10, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
Yet the average citizen refuses to acknowledge or accept the reality that everything always boils down to money no matter WHAT it is. Large corporations are the TRUE world powers for they basically control everything and in some ways, even control every aspect of an individual's life. Every thing is our lives is based on one ideology:
CONSUME. The only thing that matters is the bottom line, the profit margin these beastly behemoths are making in the BILLIONS and you/I/we do not mean anything to them other than potential income (for them) so what do they do? They purchase Lobbyists, the buy Politicians, they bribe and grease every wheel possible to insure their business GETS the business and they've infiltrated every political Party, they own the agencies where you/we get our news (therefore news is biased and always serving someone's agenda) and they determine what happens and what does not. They own what you eat, where you go, what you wear, what you drive, and they OWN the people you/we elect thinking and hoping are going to represent us and our interests in Washington so guess what? Yes, America is going to economically collapse at some point because people refuse to restrain themselves or live more modestly, frugally and within their truest means so they go into debt and our Government is no different. It's deficit spending everyday, spending money it does NOT have to start with and it's going to come crashing down eventually and more then likely those
monstrous corporations will somehow make money on that collapse or go under right along
with the rest of us.
Well said, Patrick. Your commentary is what I expect from you; well thought out, reasonable, and sensible. Then you turn around and go off on some absurd tangent about Obama, religion, gun rights or 2nd admendment solutions, etc. on the following thread.
Rely on your own thoughts and ideas and not allow Fox, You Tube, or propaganda promoters influence your ideals.
Grimes

Somerset, KY

#18 Mar 10, 2013
CMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Patrick. Your commentary is what I expect from you; well thought out, reasonable, and sensible. Then you turn around and go off on some absurd tangent about Obama, religion, gun rights or 2nd admendment solutions, etc. on the following thread.
Rely on your own thoughts and ideas and not allow Fox, You Tube, or propaganda promoters influence your ideals.
An opinion is an opinion. No one is forcing you to read his opinions. And as for Fox News, at least the reporters on that network don't get tingles up their legs when Obama speaks, like Chris Matthews does on MSNBC. And "amendment" is spelled like I spelled it.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#19 Mar 11, 2013
the United States as we have known it since 1960 is going to balkanise. How fast i do not know but i am starting to see a timeline. i have been teaching since the 1970s the United States will cease to exist in its present form. i put the label balkanisation on it in the 1990s. some dictionaries have the definition, some don't being it is relatively new. basically it is what happened to Yugoslavia. deny it, label it but it is truth. The United States is in the beginning stages, talking stages so to speak, of balkanisation.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#20 Mar 11, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
Succession from The United States Of America will never happen in my opinion but I can perceive something altogether entirely different possible: The United States of America regressing downward to land at a 3rd World Country status in due time. Unless major fundamental changes are established and an entire shift in people's thinking occurs then we all, we as a whole nation, are in for some big troubles.
You are in the Basement.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#21 Mar 11, 2013
dunadd wrote:
the United States as we have known it since 1960 is going to balkanise. How fast i do not know but i am starting to see a timeline. i have been teaching since the 1970s the United States will cease to exist in its present form. i put the label balkanisation on it in the 1990s. some dictionaries have the definition, some don't being it is relatively new. basically it is what happened to Yugoslavia. deny it, label it but it is truth. The United States is in the beginning stages, talking stages so to speak, of balkanisation.
Now that was stupid.
Bush Broke it

Lebanon, KY

#22 Mar 11, 2013
Corporation and Wall Street controlled government is wanting to force an austerity program as they did in Europe. Spain is running 60% unemployment and Greece Portugal not far behind. They are getting some serious kick back from the people and the place is starting to lood like post WWI Europe.
The sequester and cut backs will cause even more friction here and I believe the federal government will be seen as now as an adversary. I believe we will break into seperate states aligned together according to geopolitical status and beliefs. I am hoping the southern states break away from the Northern liberal states and California...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 11 min Abe 38,527
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr Bye Bye Trump 5,889
Keith Faces New Charges 3 hr Uh Oh Ray 9
JKC 2018 for Pikeville City Commissioner 3 hr Lmfao 7
oh no poor TJ 5 hr Fill Hip 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr another viewer 169,930
Pike Central Basketball Under Investigation? 7 hr Impartial Fan 16
TJ'S Testimony 8 hr Snort the Coke 48
Ray Jones on WYMT 13 hr Ray and UMG 26

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages