First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Inez, KY

#1 Feb 15, 2010
Can anyone tell me anything about Doctor Swofford Pikeville urologist? Anyone ever had him for their Doctor? I would appreciate any info.
me too

Pikeville, KY

#2 Feb 15, 2010
He is a great dr!...really helped me....
Mosby

Elkhorn City, KY

#3 Feb 15, 2010
He is absolutely a great physician. I would trust him 100%
old dude

Virgie, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2010
He really helped me--think a lot of him.Go see him and quit worrying,he'll put you at ease and fix you right up.
country gal

Virgie, KY

#5 Feb 15, 2010
I know Dr. Swofford on a professional level. He is an excellent doctor and person. He has operated on many of my friends and some of my family members also. I would highly recommend him as a physician for you. I would let him treat me and trust his advice 100%.
Mrs Patient

Pikeville, KY

#6 Feb 15, 2010
He operated on my husband a few years ago, and was wonderful. I would have my husband go back to him any day!
u need to know

Jackson, KY

#7 Feb 15, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Can anyone tell me anything about Doctor Swofford Pikeville urologist? Anyone ever had him for their Doctor? I would appreciate any info.
He recently had a 4.6 million dollar mal-practice verdict against him in Pike Circuit Court. He performed surgery on a man's penis and the man lost his penis! So go ahead and take your chances if you don't care to loose yours!
another patient

Jackson, KY

#8 Feb 15, 2010
He was not a good doctor for me. He allowed me to suffer which was totally unnecessary and could have easily been prevented. if u can find another urologist...check Prestonsburg or Paintsville if you want a local one. Better yet go to Lexington or Cincinnati it will would be worth it!
Heads up

Jackson, KY

#9 Feb 15, 2010
Concerned wrote:
You better check out the forum "pike county jury awards 4.6 million against Pikeville Doctor" That info should tell you want you need to know.
leroy2

Richmond, KY

#10 Feb 15, 2010
u need to know wrote:
<quoted text>
He recently had a 4.6 million dollar mal-practice verdict against him in Pike Circuit Court. He performed surgery on a man's penis and the man lost his penis! So go ahead and take your chances if you don't care to loose yours!
well now in the interest of being fair to the doctor. antying could have caused this man's injury, like him taking care of it etc we only know thepart the news wanted us to know am i right yet again?
concerned

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Heads up wrote:
<quoted text> You better check out the forum "pike county jury awards 4.6 million against Pikeville Doctor" That info should tell you want you need to know.
Can you or anyone else give me a link to this forum. I was unable to find it. Thank you so much...
good news

United States

#12 Feb 16, 2010
he is the best urologist!!!
still good

Jackson, KY

#13 Feb 16, 2010
concerned wrote:
<quoted text> Can you or anyone else give me a link to this forum. I was unable to find it. Thank you so much...
http://www.williamsondailynews .com/pages/full_story/push?art icle-Pike+jury+awards+-4-6M+in +medical+malpractice+suit%20 &id=5053303-Pike+jury+awar ds+-4-6M+in+medical+malpractic e+suit&instance=secondary_ news_left_column
still good

Jackson, KY

#14 Feb 16, 2010
concerned wrote:
<quoted text> Can you or anyone else give me a link to this forum. I was unable to find it. Thank you so much...
PIKEVILLE, Ky.— A Pike County jury returned Monday evening a $4.6 million verdict in Hackney vs. Mark Swofford, MD.

The jury returned the verdict around 6:35 p.m., for Buddy and Geneva Hackney for $4, 617,612.99 after an eight-day trial in Pike Circuit Court, with Judge Steven Combs presiding.

It was a medical malpractice case against the Pikeville urologist Swofford for an operation her performed on Buddy Hackney on April 20, 2007 and subsequent treatment, Hackney’s attorney Truman Chafin reported.

Hackney suffered permanent personal injuries as a result of the medical procedure, and the jury, after almost three hours of deliberations,returned a verdict for Hackney in the sum of $3,750,000 and $117,612.99 for medical expenses, Chafin said. The jury re-turned a verdict for Geneva Hackney for$750,000.

The Hackneys live at Hatfield, Ky. Buddy Hack-ney is a coal miner and Geneva, his wife, worked at Belfry High School.
Still think he's a very good Dr. This could happen to most any Dr. in my opinion
Steve

Pikeville, KY

#15 Feb 19, 2010
worked wonders for me. made me feel comfortable and was respectful
just saying

Jackson, KY

#16 Mar 11, 2010
leroy2 wrote:
<quoted text>
well now in the interest of being fair to the doctor. antying could have caused this man's injury, like him taking care of it etc we only know thepart the news wanted us to know am i right yet again?
no you are not right! Let me remind you it is the Doctors responsibility to take care and monitor his patient, which he failed to do. Otherwise why would someone need a doctor. Duh!
Male Patient

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Mar 11, 2010
Doctor Swafford is a very good urologist. I have gone to him for a number of years and he is an excellent physician. My opinion and advice is to get 2nd and 3rd opinions on your medical condition. If you arent happy going to Swafford or another local physician, then seek medical treatment in Lexington or some other larger city. The malpractice verdict is on appeal and will more than likely be reduced. One malpractice lawsuit does not mean a physician is bad. Most physicians will face a few lawsuits during their career. This one was just publicised by the media because it went to trial instead of being settled. Doctor Swafford is an excellent physician.
go to lex

Elkhorn City, KY

#18 Mar 11, 2010
Concerned wrote:
I went to him one time and never went back, he was rude, and hurt me. I now go to lex.
lawyer

Pikeville, KY

#19 Mar 11, 2010
Him and akers operated on my uncle 4 times then my uncle went to lex Had surgery the dr in lex told him they could not tell that he had been worked on. And he was fixed after the lex dr. So i would never go there to him.They were after money i think
paperclips

Pikeville, KY

#20 Mar 11, 2010
still good wrote:
Could you send me the direct link to this site?
Thanks
kewanee@setel.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Low Vein Mining Hat (Dec '10) 1 hr nande85 10
Need help 2 hr Trying To Build a... 1
any guys ever meet a girl named Tara at the alp... 3 hr one 1
Tara hall anyone (May '13) 3 hr one 6
ulta 3 hr cant wait 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr spaceship 133,421
Pike Co. Solid Waste Bill problems 4 hr he is right 13
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 hr have you 21,851
PMC Affairs 10 hr Just Curious 66
Judge Friend dead? 18 hr Christian Brother 4
Hospital Perks Fri Pam Dawson 11
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST