First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Straight eight

Pikeville, KY

#21 Nov 7, 2011
An Observer wrote:
Redhawk and Blackhawk Mining are looking for underground people if you have some experience and can pass a drug test. They are located on Spurlock Creek just above the city of Martin on Route 122 in Floyd County. Excel has temporarily shut down due to a closure MSHA order.
MSHA will use the same bull shit regulations to move on to all mines and shut them down, PERMANENTLY!

Mining coal is and has been illegal for several years according to MSHA..

Obama has made himself clear. Coal will not be a viable source of energy under his administration.... Think about it...The coal industry counties and states overwhelmingly voted against him. He is an angry, vengeful black man.

The explosion at the UBB mine in WV. was most likely caused by a ventilation plan forced upon the company by MSHA. A law suit against MSHA by Massey over that plan was in the works as those men were killed by MSHA's ineptness and arrogance.

No new miner can count on a financial future in mining as long as MSHA obeys its liberal (GREEN) leaders.!
mines

Pikeville, KY

#22 Nov 7, 2011
An Observer wrote:
Redhawk and Blackhawk Mining are looking for underground people if you have some experience and can pass a drug test. They are located on Spurlock Creek just above the city of Martin on Route 122 in Floyd County. Excel has temporarily shut down due to a closure MSHA order.
thanks I know where black hawk is on little mud but where is red hawk? Never heard of it
fourteenNine

Jackson, KY

#23 Nov 7, 2011
One of Excel's mines was shut down over gas and the men were laid off short term, But they are going to be back running this Thursday Company officials say. Excel is a good company to work for with good pay and benefits. They work alot of long hours with 6 day weeks and change your weekends off without notice.

Alpha bought Massey out and now owns Sidney Coal.
But Sidney Coal is on a down hill drag and will be history soon.
Alpha's management are in the process and debate on dropping Sidney Coal from there list and shutting them down due to the amount of reject and recovery. Alpha's WV mines won't be affected, Only Sidney Coal Co.

McCoy Elkhorn Coal is another good company to work for. But they aren't doing much hiring at the moment. Unless you're kin to someone who is well known or well liked that already works there.

Those are the only three large mines in the area. There are some smaller companies in the area if you don't mind working in lower key environment.

CAM Coal pay decent and have three different shift schedules. But most of there mines are low budget low coal seams.

Cheyenne Elkhorn don't pay there workers that much but they are a small outfit and i believe they contract there coal for Teco.
They only run one shift "Day Shift" but they work in very low coal seams with skeleton crews. Their equipment is mostly out dated also, But they are fair people to work for if you are willing to work.

Hubble mines are mostly low coal and only run one shift other then a small evening shift move crew at some mines. They pay good, Have decent equipment but are very strict and saving when it comes to budgeting.

RedHawk/BlackHawk Mining i've heard good and bad information about. I've heard they pay really well but push there men pretty hard and juggle there time often.

With all options come good and bad, So choose wisely and good luck.
mines

Pikeville, KY

#24 Nov 9, 2011
Where is redhawk located and the rock springs mines??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 9 min Kyboy 26,050
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 48 min Jen 23,973
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 59 min Queerbitch 1,210
dr. james hurley 1 hr Gold Bond Powder 2
Why leave a tip? 2 hr Fukzville 4
My wife wants us to poop together!?!?! 2 hr Fukzville 10
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 2 hr Fukzville 592
First Lady 4 hr Ronald was a poser 8
News Hurley inaugurated as 20th UPike president (Oct '13) 6 hr eddie 7
More from around the web