pain clinic thread
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ham

Elkhorn City, KY

#1 May 13, 2010
what happened to thread about pain clinic at magic mart i came back on here to see if they answered my question about insurance and the thread was gone
meonhill

United States

#2 May 13, 2010
I came back to see if my question was answered 2 and it was gone. I guess they dont want to get busted.It was a HOT TOPIC last night and now its gone.STRANGE i think if you ask me.
happy1

United States

#3 May 13, 2010
I wouldn't worry much. The last thread posted that I seen was stating Fuzzy and some1 else had that pill mill in sights anyway, so let us just hope they can put an end to all these cash pain clinics so the people who are really hurt can get thier medicine.
curious

Pikeville, KY

#4 May 13, 2010
happy1 wrote:
I wouldn't worry much. The last thread posted that I seen was stating Fuzzy and some1 else had that pill mill in sights anyway, so let us just hope they can put an end to all these cash pain clinics so the people who are really hurt can get thier medicine.
Is it a cash only clinic or do they accept insurance?
meonhill

United States

#5 May 13, 2010
Cash only i think. They want take my insurance card. But they my accept a insurance card with a doctors referral.But i don't think it will be opened long.
Wondering

Elkhorn City, KY

#6 May 13, 2010
Well if you get rid of "All the so called cash pain clinics" so the really hurt ones can get their medicine.... then please tell me where you will get your medicine? Very curious.... what family doctor do you know will give you pain medicine? Why would your family doctor refer you to a "so called cash pain clinic" if it was so bad? So please tell me where you would go in your perfect world?
to meonhill

Pikeville, KY

#7 May 13, 2010
meonhill wrote:
Cash only i think. They want take my insurance card. But they my accept a insurance card with a doctors referral.But i don't think it will be opened long.
Aren't there already quite a few pain management clinics in Pikeville? Doctors frequently refer to a pain management clinic because they either don't know how to deal with the person's problem or don't want to deal with it.
Wondering

Elkhorn City, KY

#8 May 13, 2010
Well Meonhill that was always my understanding. There are some fly by night joke of a doctors offices out there but a true pain management physician is trained in pain management, and I wouldn't be afraid to ask to the see the doctors credentials to make sure.... if he is a legit doctor then he or she shouldn't be afraid to show you. If they can't produce them for you then I would be cautious on seeing them.
Hustler

Vinton, VA

#9 May 13, 2010
Here is another topix about pain clinics,now hopefully we can get some more money from the government and still have the same problem....man what a good thing we have going.
downtown dweller

Winchester, KY

#10 May 13, 2010
that cliniic is 250 the first time you go and 200 every appointment after that.i am lucky i have a good pain management doctor that opperates off of your income.i think it should be illegal for these guys to only accept cash and they will be open for a while because the doctor up there has been around for a while and he knows what he can get away with and what he cant.i need a doctor that will write some nerve meds...
Mike

Pikeville, KY

#11 May 13, 2010
downtown dweller wrote:
that cliniic is 250 the first time you go and 200 every appointment after that.i am lucky i have a good pain management doctor that opperates off of your income.i think it should be illegal for these guys to only accept cash and they will be open for a while because the doctor up there has been around for a while and he knows what he can get away with and what he cant.i need a doctor that will write some nerve meds...
I'm in the same situation. Who is your doc that will write nerve meds? dish?
uprightwapulse

Panther, WV

#12 May 13, 2010
I just got home from major surgery today. I mean major. I was treated like straight up shit because i asked an anestiolgist prior to getting the surgery to manage my pain, what did he do. Nothing. I begged them at the hopsital I thought I was entitled since the surgery I had was major. They messed up. They did not even give me a tylenol in the hospital let alone getting around to give me an epinephine shot to get my heart going normal gain after three hours of crisis. I signed myself out. I rather die at home. If you ask on here all you hear is people bitching at you calling you a pill head because you pay cash for your pain management. What else are you supposed to do if you have a broke back and your doctor wont write you anything. Im laying here with my stomach layed open missing an organ and 32 stiches and the so called anestiologist who was to manage my pain fkd up my legs God forbid you go to a pain doctor around here for pain, I have insurance and the doctos still wont write you anything. wtf is wrong with the doctors around here. They tell you to rely on your faith...so are the doctors playing God now here. Well at least the ones who were taking care of me wednesday thought so. my fiance who wasnt even notified of what was going on had to ask them after three hours to give me something to keep my bp from bottoming out...something is very fkng wrong here. They got aggravated even though they have been paid for this operation, anestiologist got his jack too and a very nice amount infact and cant even give me a fkn tylenol...doesnt make sense. So this is what kentucky has forced me to do. I will NOW manage my own pain whatever way necissary. after major surgery. So I hope the People in Kentucky are very satisfied on what they created in closing down the pain clinics and making bad for people who are really in pain. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would ever have to resort to this. I hope the ones that call everybody pill heads on here are fkn satisfied with themselves. When you are desperate for pain relief I will do whatever is neccisary. Im not begging another doctor for their help. As soon as I can find a pain clinic accepting patients cash is great, and they can take me..until then I will do what I have to do to relive my pain
know

Richmond, KY

#13 May 14, 2010
uprightwapulse wrote:
I just got home from major surgery today. I mean major. I was treated like straight up shit because i asked an anestiolgist prior to getting the surgery to manage my pain, what did he do. Nothing. I begged them at the hopsital I thought I was entitled since ......... Im not begging another doctor for their help. As soon as I can find a pain clinic accepting patients cash is great, and they can take me..until then I will do what I have to do to relive my pain
I feel for your situation and have been there myself. What makes it so hard to get what you really need around here is the fact that these fly by night docs will give pills to any and everybody, this feeding the addicts who aren't in pain and the pusher's who want a quick buck of the addicts both. The best way about getting really what is needed to try to help control your pain is by first going to a family doctor and getting a referal to a legit pain clinic that takes insurance. With the new health care bill coming through, this should end up being alot simpler and easy as it sounds, once everyone is used to it and has insurance. Your situation sounds like a surgery that had to be done at PMC. Anywhere else in the world would have wanted to and tried to get you out of pain. The world has been blessed with the knowledge to give us some sort of relief while we hurt, so why progress with this knowledge if these doctors aren't going to use it? The earth gives us a poppy plant and pharmacologists have found great things to use it for, so the docs should use this knowledge, also. Around here though the media has made simple pills for relief seem like pure evil and bible pushing docs think that they are doing you a favor by not giving you what would help relieve you, therefore in their minds, keeping you unaddicted. They need to lighten up and realize that many people out there need this relief so that they can feel normal. Pain sucks and we have ways to fight it so we should use those ways. If you have to go to the streets to get your relief, I hate to hear that, but at least you know how to get relief. My sympathy to you, if I could, I would fill you full of morphine myself until you were better. It is a shame though that so many addicts and fly-by-night doctors have made it this hard to get a simple bit of relief. I hope you get well soon, and I don't look down on you for doing what you have to do. There is a major difference between getting a pill to get out of pain and getting a pill to get high.
uprightwapulse

Panther, WV

#14 May 14, 2010
I am so sad not only for myself but for many out there. I have made it a point that once I am over this hump in my life, >>.been going through this for two years with broken back and now this.. I have decided that I will pursue a medical career with an emphasis on pain mangement. I cannot sit back and watch this any longer, I will Help people, I have to. I may be 50 years old just starting out, but I have the empathy, and the drive and the compassion for people that not only have suffered like me and been treated like shit because of their injurys and illnesses and what I have seen people going through just because they are hurt or have cancer or in chronic fuking pain and to get relief without conviction or fear of what people will say or think about them so they can manage their pain and their for maybe they can manage their lives. I know there is good and bad in every society. First and foremost it should be to treat the pain when asked worry about the consequences if there is any consquences at a later date if need to be addressed. But not in the first instance if a patient comes to you for help deny them based on because your worried about what could possibly happen eg. addiction or whatever, however if that does come up then by all means address it. It is just not right. Ive been away from NY too long I guess, I know this doesnt go on up north at all. You go to a Nomal doctor and you dont have to beg to be treated for pain or any other thing. You are damned if you do down here and damned if you dont. You cant be smarter then the doctors god forbid you know your body better then the doctors they dont like that then they dont even want to deal with you. Cant cry they think your making it up. If you just suffer in silence they are like well you did t say anything. YOu simply cant win here. I am down right discusted. I feel like we live are living like communist. you cant rate someones pain well maybe some within reason....You just simply cant, when you have body parts hanging hangingoff, broken bones serious stuff..waht the hell is going on here. Ive gotta go to bed im delirious with pain. It is nice to meet you, maybe we wil talk when i get some sleep after three sleepless nights. I will be able to get my thoughts together better.:D
sorry dr office

Winchester, KY

#15 May 14, 2010
it seems funny to me if they cared bout people,the;d take insurance to cause mostly people with insurance r the ones that need medical help,so that goes to show u they dont care about people they just care about the money.if i was a dr them that couldnt afford it i;d treat them any way,i think any dr that cares about people would do the same.
paul

Pikeville, KY

#16 May 14, 2010
Pain medicine was created and put out by companies for a purpose...pain management. Why is it that a legitimate doctor can't tell the difference in someone with pain and someone just wanting to get high? The doctors are mostly at fault for the epidemic. The bad docs are no better than pushers wanting to get rich quick, while other doctors are too chicken shit or to big of an asshole to write a legitimate prescription. Either way, this forces people with REAL need to resort to negative tactics.
hey

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 May 14, 2010
my daughter had knee surgery a couple months ago her dr wrote her pain pills because she needed them then some piece of shit that pretended to care about how she was doing came to her house and stole all her pills
downtown dweller

United States

#18 May 14, 2010
i dont know a doc that writes nerve meds that is my problem.i get the pain meds but no nerve meds at all.i thinking about playing mountain comps games there is a few coming out of there my family doc told me.
Barefooted thru hell

Poca, WV

#19 May 14, 2010
Hey dweller, you`ll get old rats ass stirred up in a few minutes. He`s a joke, i laugh till it hurts at his dumb ass! I like it when he says he`s gonna put the boot to people, if he jacks with me i`ll put a boot up his goofy ass!
downtown dweller

United States

#20 May 16, 2010
you have to take pike rat with a grain of salt.i dont know but i dont really think he is a bad guy i just think he is really really mental and needs to be locked up in hazzard kentucky for a few decades.i think he had a brother or something that really struggled with addiction to drugs.i do not really understand his thought process when it comes to accusing so many people as being dope dealers,pill passers and all kinds of other retarded bullshit.he just refuses to understand that if there is no demand then there will soon be no supply.whatever,he is a pretty twisted man that needs help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min Doris 141,461
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 46 min IND 28,291
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 5 hr Nohope 224
Ray Jones Attorney (Mar '11) 5 hr No More Baby Ray 15
Vote Ray Out 5 hr Say No to Asphalt... 1
Blinded by the Light 5 hr Vanderbecks World 1
Women's shit smells worse then men's shit (Jan '10) 5 hr sixerplayer03 101
Judge Combs Redux 11 hr Propaganda 19
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages