Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles31086....
I'm going to have to go with "s**thole", I'm afraid, Pikeys.:(
You should all definitely move imho. That looks totally depressing. No offence.
Edward Snowden

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Pikeville isn't a bad place if you can get past the backwards rednecks, ignorance, resistance to change, one coal economy where no other jobs exist, no life gossip queens that boost their own self esteem by putting others down and the constant contact of drugs because there is nothing else to do. I was reading a national article the other day about a pike county church that kicked out their own members because she was going to marry a black man. I showed it to my friend and he put it best. Look's like they are still caught in the 1950's. I thought yeah that about sums it up. My vote is S**ithole. Hope this helps the conversation.
my opinion

Wayland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Pikeville has the potential to be 1 of the nicest places in the country.But,I say the this with an open mind?There needs to be a change in the government and not even a change in people.They need to bare in mind that not all decisions based on experience is always a good and justified one.They need to back up decisions with investigation and witness accounts.Not just bribed or paid.They need to consider children and their health before economy.Most of all?People who do try to do the right thing need to be considered in good standing before someone who has to be corrected daily!Everything I ve ever bought,owned and kept has been gained through hard work.The principles I teach my children are based around doing as much of the right thing as possible.As things stand in this part of the country?I am setting them up for failure!
Old Dude

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

It's not so much Pikeville as it is the location of the city. Smack dab in the middle of Appalachia. One reason this area is so pi$$poor is never taken under advisement. The climate. This Godforsaken place has only 2 seasons; cold and wet and warm and wet but you can bet your a$$ it will be wet. Not only wet but dreary. Cloudy days far outnumber the sunny ones, flash flooding is a constant threat along with power outages caused by high winds and a power co. Insistent on stringing power lines through trees and never cutting right of way. This area's AVERAGE annual rainfall is greater than that of Seattle. Combine lousy weather with a preponderance of welfare recipients and it's a wonder anything gets done around here as far as maintaining or building basic infrastructure. The Federal gov't should pay all residents to leave this dreary sh!t hole and reserve it for the garbage dump for the rest of America. Hate me for saying it if you want but you know it's the truth.
my opinion

Wayland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

I would really have to say that you have probably the best and fastest solution.Because trying to tell these people how to help themselves is like trying kiss your own azz with a broke back!
UltimateHogan

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh look, it's this thread again..
LMAO

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Out of six posts, I bet a thousand dollars to a doughnut, all six live here! Funny why start this thread but don't get out of Pikeville except on check day......LMAO. Oh! Please don't try to say I'm not from there because everyone who spoke knows things about this place that only residents know.
LMAO

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

I enjoy Pikeville and think its a treasure, especially now that there are events and something to do almost every weekend now! Treasure is my vote!
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
I enjoy Pikeville and think its a treasure, especially now that there are events and something to do almost every weekend now! Treasure is my vote!
Name one Stupid.
Sh-- Hole

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Pikeville is going down hill fast with the present Administration.
The Expo sucks since the City took it over.

All the City's big plans are pure BS.
LMAO

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Kayaking, canoeing, tubing, biking, hiking, soon to be horse back riding, Main St Live, Muscle on Main, Hatfield McCoy historical tours, YMCA, 5K events, Is that enough Fox News is a Joke?
LMAO

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

All county people do is whine but funny how the county tourism is 99% of city events.....go figure.....nothing to do huh?
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
Kayaking, canoeing, tubing, biking, hiking, soon to be horse back riding, Main St Live, Muscle on Main, Hatfield McCoy historical tours, YMCA, 5K events, Is that enough Fox News is a Joke?
Expo failure.

Horse Back Trail announced 2 Years ago.

Biking where Stupid?

YMCA has nothing to do with the City.

Muscle On Main Joke.

Tubing where Stupid?

You sound like a little Frankie suck.
perspective

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Expo failure.
Biking where Stupid?
Muscle On Main Joke.
Tubing where Stupid?
Does anything in your life make you happy, or do you just have a miserable life?
LMAO

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Expo failure.
Biking where Stupid?
Muscle On Main Joke.
Tubing where Stupid?
I'm a county resident so you are the joke! Problem is you prob live in the city and didn't even know you had these things. Who cares if something was announced 10 years ago, it's here! Where is kayaking and tubing? Seriously, you need help and I don't think professional can do you justice....jus sayin'. Last I checked, YMCA is in the City and they lease the property off the city...whack job have you been to any events like Muscle on Main and Main Street Live? Apparently not!! So sad! It may take the city awhile to get things but at least they get them. We couldn't move the Staples center here and satisfy people like you. You need to change your title to I am a joke!
Just Saying

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

I don't know what it is but everyone I know from Pikeville is terribly depressed.
Judgement Indeed

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

In the summer this area is beautiful. Lush, green vegetation. It wipes me out trying to keep the grass mowed and the weeds cut. I hate weeds. My yard takes 6 hours to finish and how lovely it is afterward. Then comes Winter and everything is dead and dark. This year, I'm going to do something different. I hope to be able to create a Winter garden. A patch of some things alive and colorful. Any suggestions????
I haven't lived here very long and it took a while, but, I don't mind living here, things are reasonably priced, people are pleasant, you get what you need. When I need some outside influence, I jump in the car and go. I have friends scattered over this country and that helps. I love road trips. I don't need fine dining because I am a very good cook. I just hate the Winters and miss the social life afforded to you in the cities. I find people in cities much more accepting and sympathic of people and circumstances. A wealthy person in this area has an attitude and is condescending to others. I have never been wealthy, but have friends who are. I am welcome in their homes and at their dinner tables. One more grip is the lack of compassion the people here show to the hurting. Why is that? I can't explain why this area is so different, it seems there is some kind of cast system. Bottom line, city people are more understanding.
perspective

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Does your Trailer make you mobile?
If I did live in a trailer, I know I could still be happy and find peace in my life. Do you or could you?
brett

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2013

Judged:

I love the Appalachians...some ignorant ppl who have attitudes like some on here trash certain places up with their garbage and junk but if they look around its one of the prettiest places in the country
Judgement Indeed

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a county resident so you are the joke! Problem is you prob live in the city and didn't even know you had these things. Who cares if something was announced 10 years ago, it's here! Where is kayaking and tubing? Seriously, you need help and I don't think professional can do you justice....jus sayin'. Last I checked, YMCA is in the City and they lease the property off the city...whack job have you been to any events like Muscle on Main and Main Street Live? Apparently not!! So sad! It may take the city awhile to get things but at least they get them. We couldn't move the Staples center here and satisfy people like you. You need to change your title to I am a joke!
The Breaks for kayaking, not sure about tubing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Khatru 130,450
Mayor Pro Tem 12 min Hmmm 14
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Harlan County 1,057
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Limbertwig 151,022
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 25 min Maverick 808 6,528
Johns Creek becoming a high school? 38 min fox 21
Is there a vape shop around Pikeville 1 hr Vapper 15
pikeville attorneys 2 hr illegal foreclosure 9
Blacks crying again 4 hr Descent 129
pikeville medical center affairs (Apr '13) Tue old timer 92
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000