Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Imagination Encircles All...”

Since: Mar 09

Home is where the heart is.

#1 Dec 29, 2010
I took my son to Dr. Hensleys office today. We drove from the head of Elkhorn Creek with gas at a hardy 3.17 a gallon. 35 miles we drove~one way~, the week after Christmas {when we are the brokest}, to town because my kids teeth were hurting.
We get there, they are rude. This is nothing new, the office staff are always rude. The girl on the phone that made the appointment the day prior was super rude. I look over it, waving them off as the plastic flowers that they clearly are.

Austin was called back, they wouldnt allow me to go. I can hear them talking in the back, my kid is a riot. And then I hear it...
Austin crying. Not a lot, just a normal 9 year old at the dentist. I'm not even sure the other ppl in the waiting area even heard. Then it stopped. At the door appeared the rude little hygenist assistant and my son. They couldnt do the filling because he was crying. So I go in the back, get him in the chair, and talk to him. He was now ready to do it.

They refused to see him. Refused to do it now. He was too upset. Only now, he was sitting quietly in his chair, hands in his lap.

Needless to say we are goin to a different dentist. I suggest anyone else considering this practice to do the same.
i hate smartazzes

Elkhorn City, KY

#2 Dec 29, 2010
i had the same experience years ago with dr. phillips, the childrens orthodontist, he was a real piece of shit, i mean work, or both
haha

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 29, 2010
This coming from someone whose topix name is "beautifully bipolar." Perfectly ironic!!!! As if your name doesn't say enough, plus the fact that brokest isn't even a word and hygenists do not have asst.'s, add it all up and i think you should keep your mouth shut. Aren't there dentists in elkhorn or Grundy or are you going to dr. hensley b/c he's one of the only dentists around that accepts KY medicaid??? Think b4 u speak.
beware

Pikeville, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2010
beautifully bipolar wrote:
I took my son to Dr. Hensleys office today. We drove from the head of Elkhorn Creek with gas at a hardy 3.17 a gallon. 35 miles we drove~one way~, the week after Christmas {when we are the brokest}, to town because my kids teeth were hurting.
We get there, they are rude. This is nothing new, the office staff are always rude. The girl on the phone that made the appointment the day prior was super rude. I look over it, waving them off as the plastic flowers that they clearly are.
Austin was called back, they wouldnt allow me to go. I can hear them talking in the back, my kid is a riot. And then I hear it...
Austin crying. Not a lot, just a normal 9 year old at the dentist. I'm not even sure the other ppl in the waiting area even heard. Then it stopped. At the door appeared the rude little hygenist assistant and my son. They couldnt do the filling because he was crying. So I go in the back, get him in the chair, and talk to him. He was now ready to do it.
They refused to see him. Refused to do it now. He was too upset. Only now, he was sitting quietly in his chair, hands in his lap.
Needless to say we are goin to a different dentist. I suggest anyone else considering this practice to do the same.
Maybe he 'whooped' him while he was back there! I heard he likes to beat up kids anyway!
more to it

Thelma, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2010
They probably had other patients who had patients and needed to be seen. It sounds as if your appointment was spent trying to calm your son down.
more to it

Thelma, KY

#6 Dec 29, 2010
Well, that didn't make sense. I meant that they probably had other patients who had appointments and needed to be seen.
female1

Whitesburg, KY

#7 Dec 29, 2010
Why would you let your child go without you in the first place?

#8 Dec 29, 2010
Austin woulda told me if something like that happened, and until now, I liked Shane. Its the idiots he has working for him that are the problem. They are rude and hateful and think their shiz dont stink. READ: YOU ARE A DENTAL HYGIENIST ASSISTANT which equals my 18 year old cousin could do your job, both literally and legally since it requires NO TRAINING. These little girls need to come off their high horse and grow up.
mrs cavity

Winchester, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2010
beautifully bipolar wrote:
take ur kids to Elkhorn Dental James Justice in elkhorn... thats where i go and take my children.. they r super nice and friendly, especially with kids...
female1

Whitesburg, KY

#10 Dec 29, 2010
Most dental Hygienist assistants have to pay around 6 to 9 hundred dollars for a program they take to learn it .
Sametoyouandmore ofit

Pikeville, KY

#11 Dec 29, 2010
Dr. Lee Boyd pediatric dentistry at Allen, Ky is SUPER kid-friendly. Very modern and up to date office and very friendly office staff. Highly recommend.
i hate smartazzes

Elkhorn City, KY

#12 Dec 29, 2010
dr justice is a good dentist

#13 Dec 29, 2010
female1 wrote:
Most dental Hygienist assistants have to pay around 6 to 9 hundred dollars for a program they take to learn it .
Apparently the one these girls took was a bootleg ebay version cause it left out the part about how patients are human beings and deserve respect.
Patient of Dr Hensley

Richmond, KY

#14 Dec 29, 2010
Madam, I have been going to Shane for 10yrs. and have taken my children to him and have never, and I mean never had any problem with him or his staff, ever think the problem could be you!!!!! You should really think before you post things on here, are you the type of Mother who would rather someone hold your child down and work on them, while they are crying and certainly upset, if you are then you are diffently the person with the problem. Your posting name says alot about what type of person you are. Dr. Shane Hensley and the girls he has working for him are the best I have ever dealt with. Maybe you should try dealing with people like yourself for a day and see where the problem lies!!!!!!

#15 Dec 29, 2010
Ohhh did I touch a nerve? Getting more than your teeth cleaned at the dentist perhaps? No I do not want my kids mouth drilled in if he is throwing a fit, but he was not throwing a fit at the point of rejection of services. He didnt throw a fit to begin with, he was just being 9 years old and whining a little.
I have went to this dentist office for years as well and they didnt used to be as rude or self righteous as they are now. And I am not the only one who thinks this way... It isnt Shane, he is a decent dentist. It is his office staff. They are inept and haughty and they are causing him to lose a lot of patients....

#16 Dec 29, 2010
The fact that gas is so costly and not everyone around here can afford to just drive 40 miles to town and 40 miles home should have at least warranted Austin one more chance in the dentist chair to be brave.

#17 Dec 29, 2010
haha wrote:
This coming from someone whose topix name is "beautifully bipolar." Perfectly ironic!!!! As if your name doesn't say enough, plus the fact that brokest isn't even a word and hygenists do not have asst.'s, add it all up and i think you should keep your mouth shut. Aren't there dentists in elkhorn or Grundy or are you going to dr. hensley b/c he's one of the only dentists around that accepts KY medicaid??? Think b4 u speak.
You better cover up your plasticity is showing. Contrary to what you may have heard, ppl with bipolar disorder can, and do, lead perfectly productive lives. That being said, let me explain the obvious for our special friend here....
I know broker isnt a word. I was using it in a slang connotation. You do know what slang is, right? And I went to Dr. Hensley because he was a good dentist. Still is. The reason I am upset is not his dental skills. It is because those girls in that office think, as do a lot of idiots around here, that if some one uses a medicaid card that they are some how beneath them. Every one falls on hard times, and I dont think a difference should be made.
Patient

Anderson, SC

#18 Dec 29, 2010
I have been going there for a long time, he is by far the greatest dentist I have ever been to. I never wait more than 5 minutes in the waiting room. ALL of his staff are amazing! Judging by your grammar it seems as if you may not be the brightest crayon in the box and maybe you don't realize that people, like myself and other patients, make appointments. We don't have time to sit in the waiting room an extra 30 minutes because a kid is crying in the back. Anyway, for all you people reading this garbage, Shane is a great dentist, his assistants are amazing as well. This person obviously doesn't understand that other people make appointments and expect to be seen on time. Sorry lady, your reasoning doesn't make someone a "bad" dentist. Go somewhere else, you'll be doing all of his patients a favor.
Patient of Dr Hensley

Pikeville, KY

#19 Dec 29, 2010
Madam, I have not nor will I ever receive more from Shane than dental work and it takes someone with their mind in the gutter to even say something like that, as I said earlier, maybe you are the problem. Shane has very professional people in his office and further more it has always been their practice to not work on children if they are upset. We all have to pay the price of gasoline, you are not by yourself there and I would not want anyone to work on my child if they were upset. Oh and one more thing they are dental assistants and I never said your child was throwing a fit, those are your words.
Melissa

Pikeville, KY

#20 Dec 29, 2010
I took my 8 year old daughter to him once. She came home with sores in her mouth from the needle. Her mouth hurt her for over three days. And when I would call them they would say it is normal, but the hospital didn't think so, and her NEW dentist says he hurt her mouth. I think that is really sad we trust our kids in someones hands that is supposed to be helping them, but instead they are hurting them. And for you female1 you must not have kids because in a office they ask the parents to stay in the waiting room. So please don't talk about anything you don't know about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Is The Wall 8 min Hussein sends cash 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 50 min usa 158,227
Will We Have High Gas Again, Since the Dem's Lost? 1 hr rats and toads 72
Michelle Smallwood (Dec '09) 2 hr TraeTrae 20
Pea and Wee PLLC 3 hr Red 37
Rotten fish smell leftover from the women's mar... 3 hr Popeye 18
president trump had the largest crowd on inaugu... 6 hr Big Toe 3
Smallest Crowd Ever 8 hr black lies matter 36

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web