Free or Low Income Drug Rehab?

Free or Low Income Drug Rehab?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Need Info

Jackson, KY

#1 Mar 7, 2011
Does anyone know of any free or lost-cost drug rehab facilities? My son desperately needs help but has no insurance and no income. I need help immediately as he has finally agreed to treatment. I'm really looking for a long-term in-house treatment facility. Please help me if you have any info.

Elkhorn City, KY

#2 Mar 7, 2011
Unite pays for treatment. I'm not sure of all the details. I do know that contrary to belief you do not have to 'rat' to recieve treatment. This is something that they do. Contact them, it couldn't hurt. Also, The Layne House in Prestonsburg is ran through the state(same as Mountain Comp) and is affordable. I went and if you want it to work, it will. Best of luck. Hope the outcome is the same I got.
getting help

Thelma, KY

#3 Mar 7, 2011
I found the following online:

Operation UNITE offers a treatment referral line (1-866-908-6483 ) for anyone seeking assistance with drug addition. The line is available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m - 5 p.m. Information is also available for the voucher program, which assists low-income individuals obtain treatment.

Also there is a long term treatment facility in Boone, NC called Hebron. It is free; but I think you need a referral. You might check with local attorney Bill Baird regarding Hebron.

Good luck to your son. It is good that he has decided to get treatment. People do not realize what a hard decision that this can be. There is a great deal of pain, shame and fear associated with this disease of addiction.
Need Info

Irvine, KY

#5 Mar 9, 2011
Thank you all so very much. All the people in a family circle are affected deeply by this illness. Support is something that is needed and appreciated. Thank you for the information.

Bolivar, MO

#7 Mar 17, 2011
I personally think ALL rehabs should help drug addicts for free. A lot of people can't afford to go to rehab even when they really do want to get clean.

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2013
My son needs free help he just told us this weekend 1/5/13 that he was addicted on pain really bad. I don't want him to or.

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Jan 7, 2013
I would highly recommend Hebron in Boone NC. They have a website you should be able to find easy on google. It's a Christian based facility and I had a family member who completed the program we was lucky enough to get to visit every weekend after the first 2 weeks this place is amazing and he's been clean 7 years now.

Toronto, Canada

#10 Apr 20, 2015
It's really important to be able to help people with things like this. It can be hard when money is coming in the way. I hope that people are able to figure out ways to make this less of an issue. When people need help it's important to get them that help no matter what. I hope we're able to remember that in the future. Whatever we can do to provide that help is going to be important, and incredible in their lives.

Since: Mar 15

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 20, 2015
Yeah call the 1800 numbers... Explain it to them and they can help guide you where you need to go.... The situation is incredibly hard , but there's always hope... If your religious,ask for Christian facilities most of them are really understanding and helpful.... I suggest you also research the process(acute withdraw,post acute withdrawal) ... He is gonna hate it and might not stay through the first week because the physical withdrawals are so intense, but don't give up, UNITE offers classes to help educate and helps parents of addicts cope..... You got a long road ahead but don't give up and learn all you can.... He needs a lot of help, don't expect anything or place to fix it... It's a combination of him and his supporters... Don't let it get lopsided... I'll be praying for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bee Gees coming to Expo 2 min Yoo hoo 13
Pecker Size? (Sep '11) 20 min Yoo hoo 55
How Many Sex Partners? (Aug '10) 36 min Yoo hoo 91
Ky law CR 60.02... 1 hr Woods 2
Is it cheating talking on Facebook to your ex g... (Sep '17) 1 hr Yoo hoo 16
John Russell Hall 1 hr abuse 30
County Attorney Race 2 hr big daddy here 80
Ky. Teachers Strike 2 hr Fact 64
Pikeville Coach 3 hr Monica 10
3rd Shift @PMC 3 hr Wet for them 23