Pike County, Ky., Drug Roundup Nets 1...

Pike County, Ky., Drug Roundup Nets 14 Arrests

There are 82 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Nov 14, 2013, titled Pike County, Ky., Drug Roundup Nets 14 Arrests. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Pikeville , Pike County , Kentucky Kentucky law enforcement agencies conducted a federal drug roundup Wednesday in Pike County, arresting 14 people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

uh no

Lebanon, KY

#22 Nov 23, 2013
I do not think race played a part in this. All you are doing by even saying that is making a diversion on why this man done these actions and is still free.
Trim the fat and cut to the bone if you want answers.
Sissy

Thelma, KY

#24 Nov 23, 2013
Jslack wrote:
I'm saying that if they would have locked him up the first time instead of letting him go only to bust him again early this year around mid may then our tax dollars wouldn't be wasted and we could've had all of them locked up a long time ago. I'm no racist but I'm beginning to think the "black card" has been pulled and officials don't know how to deal with it. They're so afraid of someone saying something about a black man getting busted in an almost all white town will stir the pot. Color shouldn't be an issue we should just want our streets cleaned up and send a message to anyone else that wants to come here and start dealing drugs
Does this man have a name? Or is there any link to arrest?
well

Richmond, KY

#25 Nov 23, 2013
Sissy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this man have a name? Or is there any link to arrest?
Dont you find it rather strange that you cant get a name about a person who is the talk of "gossip" on topix. But the person you are asking the question to is right, other than the O.J. stuff.
btw

Richmond, KY

#26 Nov 23, 2013
I am glad jslack knows this information also. It is total rumor by word of mouth and I am not sure at all about this but I was told by somebody that our guy might of had some prior criminal charges before his stay in P'burg.
to those ghosts

Pikeville, KY

#27 Nov 23, 2013
btw wrote:
I am glad jslack knows this information also. It is total rumor by word of mouth and I am not sure at all about this but I was told by somebody that our guy might of had some prior criminal charges before his stay in P'burg.
i might be wrong but the only one whose pic was in the news paper was a hodges, richard perhaps, im not sure about the first name, but it was hodges
to those ghosts

Pikeville, KY

#28 Nov 23, 2013
to those ghosts

Pikeville, KY

#29 Nov 23, 2013
clue

Pikeville, KY

#30 Nov 23, 2013
to those ghosts wrote:
<quoted text>i might be wrong but the only one whose pic was in the news paper was a hodges, richard perhaps, im not sure about the first name, but it was hodges
Go here http://www.floydcountytimes.com/section/archi... and then type POLICE FIND HEROIN,PILLS . That is the only paper trail that I can find.
WTF

Columbus, OH

#31 Nov 24, 2013
link to newspaper article of heroin bust

http://www.floydcountytimes.com/news/news/276...

ken hodges pike county arrest mugshot

http://kentucky.arrests.org/search.php...

ken hodges kenton county arrest record

http://kentucky.arrests.org/search.php...
Jslack

Shepherdsville, KY

#32 Nov 24, 2013
His name is Vincent Lewis folks. I had to make sure all my ducks were in a row before I put this out there. Yesterday I was told he just got out of prison for drugs in 2007 and sure enough they were correct. I only knew about him being in our area so I've got to look more into this but I do know it's true. For anyone else trying to find out about him here just google Vincent Lewis arrested in pikeville or fayette county man arrested in floyd county. Very interesting
Educating the addict

Harold, KY

#33 Nov 24, 2013
The fact of the matter is that addicts must come to the realization that continuing to supply their body/soul/mind whatever drug/behavior that is necessary to contribute to a "high" is only going to re-establish a greater low. It is the paradox that drives the addict further down a spiral of lifelessness and hopelessness.
Sobriety is more than just the absense of taking drugs. It must be a complete and total lifestyle change. In the early going, the addict must decide that the drugs are only a symptom of their disease and begin an entirely new life process...slowly beginning to traverse a new path of good decision making, having faith in something greater than themselves, and living one day (or one moment) at a time. As this process continues, things slowly begin to unfold for the addict...and one discovers more about life, about themselves, and how life is so much easier and enjoyable living without the need for mood/mind altering substances or behaviors.
Support is beneficial...but personal accountability and responsibility are gifts to our own self. There is nothing more satisfying to see than someone who has struggled for so long with addiction and finally begins to smile again. It's time that those struggle know that they're a lot smarter and stronger than they may have ever thought...and recovery is the key that will unlock those doors for them...it is a choice worth making for the benefit of not only yourself...but for everyone who cares about you. Good luck with your journey.:)
Just waste them

Elkhorn City, KY

#34 Nov 24, 2013
Just put a bullet in their brains and be done with it they are a waste of a human being they choose to use drugs and to sell or buy them so they deserve to be dead that way they can't hurt the good normal people in the world anymore.
jdd

Pensacola, FL

#35 Nov 24, 2013
This guy (ken hodges) is a POS and needs to be strung up from the nearest tree.
Mind blowing

Harold, KY

#36 Nov 24, 2013
Just waste them wrote:
Just put a bullet in their brains and be done with it they are a waste of a human being they choose to use drugs and to sell or buy them so they deserve to be dead that way they can't hurt the good normal people in the world anymore.
No life is a waste. Many addicts are good normal people. You don't understand but using remarks such as this one only deepens the negative feelings that an addict may already feel...these negative thoughts, feelings, and emotions possibly could have promoted their decisions to use drugs from the very beginning. Besides...if they do not get the help they need and the disease progresses itself...they are slowly pulling the trigger themselves. You can have compassion for people even if they are in active addiction...but do not enable their behaviors. You don't loan an addict money...you must realize that an addict WILL lie, cheat, steal, etc. to obtain drugs. Although their disease may not be their total responsibility (genetic factors, environmental issues, etc.)...their decision to seek help IS!
jdd

Pensacola, FL

#37 Nov 24, 2013
Mind blowing wrote:
<quoted text>
No life is a waste. Many addicts are good normal people. You don't understand but using remarks such as this one only deepens the negative feelings that an addict may already feel...these negative thoughts, feelings, and emotions possibly could have promoted their decisions to use drugs from the very beginning. Besides...if they do not get the help they need and the disease progresses itself...they are slowly pulling the trigger themselves. You can have compassion for people even if they are in active addiction...but do not enable their behaviors. You don't loan an addict money...you must realize that an addict WILL lie, cheat, steal, etc. to obtain drugs. Although their disease may not be their total responsibility (genetic factors, environmental issues, etc.)...their decision to seek help IS!
So the rest of us have to suffer because of their bad behavior? These people are a menace to society and should be removed from our midsts.
Shoot them

Elkhorn City, KY

#38 Nov 24, 2013
Just shoot them and be done with it they choose to use drugs no one put the pills in their mouth they choose to get high or use whatever other drugs they take so don't give me that B.S. it isn't their fault it Dam well is. Normal people don't use drugs aren't addicted to them so it's not a Disease it's just like people that drink and say they can't control it they Dam well can They choose to use drugs or drink no one made them do it and calling it a disease is giving them a free pass that's what's wrong with this country to many weak minded dummies making the weak and lazy even more weak and lazy so save your feel good stuff for the poor weak minded fools who wanna hear it cause it isn't me. I say shoot them and be done with it. Sends a simple message you wanna keep your life don't use illegal drugs. It's really not that hard I am 30 years old and have never taken the 1st drug in my life it's really not that hard to do. And I have lived here most of my life and it's been here as long I can remember the problem here is you see the same people in the police blotter every week for the same drug related crimes if they didn't get a slap on the wraist then maybe they would learn from their mistakes.
Mind blowing

Harold, KY

#39 Nov 24, 2013
Shoot them wrote:
Just shoot them and be done with it they choose to use drugs no one put the pills in their mouth they choose to get high or use whatever other drugs they take so don't give me that B.S. it isn't their fault it Dam well is. Normal people don't use drugs aren't addicted to them so it's not a Disease it's just like people that drink and say they can't control it they Dam well can They choose to use drugs or drink no one made them do it and calling it a disease is giving them a free pass that's what's wrong with this country to many weak minded dummies making the weak and lazy even more weak and lazy so save your feel good stuff for the poor weak minded fools who wanna hear it cause it isn't me. I say shoot them and be done with it. Sends a simple message you wanna keep your life don't use illegal drugs. It's really not that hard I am 30 years old and have never taken the 1st drug in my life it's really not that hard to do. And I have lived here most of my life and it's been here as long I can remember the problem here is you see the same people in the police blotter every week for the same drug related crimes if they didn't get a slap on the wraist then maybe they would learn from their mistakes.
So you must be the perfect model citizen that everyone is talking about? I'm not taking up for the decisions that addicts have made...nor am I providing an excuse for them to have a free pass to anything...it's called providing a sense of hope for those who are suffering. Your lack of compassion and open-mindedness is especially upsetting to me.
If you're so certain that shooting those who are addicted...and since you have made it obvious to everyone how you feel about the subject...what's keeping you from pulling the trigger? I suppose that you live the perfect life and you have no one that you love who has been affected by addiction? Has anyone ever threatened to shoot you for the mistakes you have made? I think you need to take a hard look at some things and let your anger and ego take a long hike...that sort of thing has ruined lives as well. Praying for you...whoever you are.
Mind blowing

Harold, KY

#40 Nov 24, 2013
jdd wrote:
<quoted text>
So the rest of us have to suffer because of their bad behavior? These people are a menace to society and should be removed from our midsts.
Nope! If that is what you think my post was hinting at, then you are grossly mistaken. Addicts suffer continuously...it's something that they know and experience and you often do not hear about. The people that love and care for addicts suffer as well. Often, before an addicts makes that crucial decision to get help...something terrible happens that gives them an incentive to change their way of life...and it shouldn't have to be that way. Tougher laws and stricter policies are definitely needed...and harsher penalties for offenders would be beneficial. I'm not making excuses for those afflicted with the disease of addiction...and I agree that stiffer penalties should be implemented...but through my own experiences with the disease I can guarantee that if there is no hope for a better way of life and an opportunity to change...addicts would make life even more chaotic for themselves and the rest of the community. I'm all for "tough" love when it comes to dealing with those struggling with the disease...and my post was not a facet for enabling them to continue on living the way they do and causing stress, grief, and hardship for those who are not familiar with addiction. It's a wake up call, so to speak...that it doesn't have to continue on for the remainder of their lives...and why wait for a tragic happening to occur...get the help now before the consequences are more harsh and more difficult to endure. You see...if the changes are not made...then jail/prison, institutions and even death are inevitable for the addict.
bingo

Smiths Grove, KY

#41 Nov 24, 2013
Jslack wrote:
His name is Vincent Lewis folks. I had to make sure all my ducks were in a row before I put this out there. Yesterday I was told he just got out of prison for drugs in 2007 and sure enough they were correct. I only knew about him being in our area so I've got to look more into this but I do know it's true. For anyone else trying to find out about him here just google Vincent Lewis arrested in pikeville or fayette county man arrested in floyd county. Very interesting
I did google it nothing,nada,zip. But you are right and I was right about the priors he had before the first bust.
So he is walking right now?
wow

Richmond, KY

#42 Nov 24, 2013
Jslack wrote:
His name is Vincent Lewis folks. I had to make sure all my ducks were in a row before I put this out there. Yesterday I was told he just got out of prison for drugs in 2007 and sure enough they were correct. I only knew about him being in our area so I've got to look more into this but I do know it's true. For anyone else trying to find out about him here just google Vincent Lewis arrested in pikeville or fayette county man arrested in floyd county. Very interesting
This maybe one of the better topics ever posted on the site.

If you can find any links then please post them.

No more looking needed for me, I already knew what it smelled like. Welcome to where knife meets bone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min just an observer 170,654
James Huffman (Jan '14) 26 min Your sentence is ... 8
Men who deprive their women of sex (Jan '10) 26 min Deprivewoman33 101
EnerBlu Jobs in Pikeville 1 hr He Got it Done Again 27
TJ'S Testimony 1 hr Bosses Little Helper 103
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Remove Trump 39,174
Trump In Trouble (Mar '17) 1 hr Uh Oh Trump 92
How Many Sex Partners? (Aug '10) 7 hr Confused 72
If you REALLY want to get mad over PROPERTY TAX... 15 hr Fox News 42

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages