Lortabs (hydrocodone).... blue or whi...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#41 Dec 10, 2010
The good news (well to some of us) is that there are new drugs coming out all the time, and a lot of them are anti-abusable narcotics and stimulants (well, somewhat anyway!) There is a particualr pain medication in the works that contains oxycodone as well as naloxone. The naloxone is encased within a non soluble coating, but when the pill is crushed, so is the protective covering of the naloxone making the oxycodone "inactive" (for lack of a better term)... Because the naloxone is an opioid blocker... the person who chooses to "snort" these meds are wasting their time and money... There is already stimulants on the market aimed at anti-abuse. Vyvanse for instance is a stimulant that is very effective for long term relief of ADHD symptoms (upto 12 hrs), however, the ingredients must be absorbed through the digestive tract to work... Sure, ppl can still take too much of these meds orally, but it still discourages abusing the medications... Any addict will tell you (no matter what they are addicted to) that prepairing and doing the drug is just as big of a part of the addiction as the high they get...

Seeking Spider... Ur exactly right, most of the addicts don't intend to become addicts, it just happens. I can't imagine one person waking up one day and saying... "I think I am gonna become an addict today..." Sure, with drugs like cocain, meth, heroine... these ppl decided to do the drugs, but almost all of those ppl started "just to try it" or "because their buddies are doing it and they want to fit in"... before they know it, "stopping anytime they want to" is not as easy as it seemed...
seeking spider

Elkhorn City, KY

#42 Dec 10, 2010
i think they should start making all narcotics in gel form, like the fish oil tablets, that way they cannot be crushed and snorted or used otherwise and they should also be time released....of course if one wants to get high there is always good old fashioned pot which as long as i have been alive have never heard of anyone beating someone nearly to death for a joint

Location hidden

#43 Dec 11, 2010
You'd just have ppl needling the gel stuff... YES! They really do that! I am with you on the pot issue... let them have their pot. It's silly to be illegal anyway... legalize it, tax it, and get the country on it's way to recovery... Hell, I'd drop outta school and farm pot... U could make a killing!!! LOL!

Just want to share my mental picture of a pot head beating a person to death for a joint.... Doritos in tow, giggling their ass off while slinging their one free arm like a wet noodle! LOL! Sorry, just wanted to make someone laugh today! ;)
Davo

Chattanooga, TN

#44 Dec 23, 2010
What does the Church have anything to do with your ignorant rantings.
I AGREE

Elkhorn City, KY

#45 Dec 23, 2010
Just Some Girl wrote:
Indeed... Great minds do think alike... I may have been just another one of those church going zombies if I had not had some first hand experience at seeing how hypocritical the church members can be... which drove me to make sure I never became someone who crammed religion down every person's throat and judge those who resisted me. I believe everyone is a human being capable of believing and feeling for themselves what is right and what is wrong. People make choices... they live with the choices they make... drugs, church, jobs, kids, pets, what they chose to wear... it's their call... I will inform them to the best of my ability on something if my opinion is asked... but I won't force anyone to see things the way I do. There are so many closed minded people in Eastern KY who are scared shitless of anyone or anything that does not think and act like they do... it's sad really... but I am relieved to see that there is at least one indivual left there that can see where I am coming from! I left the area b/c I wasn't sure there were any... and I didn't want my children growing up learning to judge others and assuming that there is nothing but bad in people who are not just like them....
You are so right. Why cant people LIVE & LET LIVE ? I also left the area because of that reason, unfortunately I made the mistake of coming back and nothing has changed and it never will.

Location hidden

#46 Dec 23, 2010
I AGREE wrote:
You are so right. Why cant people LIVE & LET LIVE ? I also left the area because of that reason, unfortunately I made the mistake of coming back and nothing has changed and it never will.
At least not in our lifetime.... I hope that someday the ignorance will breed out... but I won't hold my breath and suggest no one else try it either!
Mountain Dude

Winfield, WV

#47 Dec 23, 2010
I prefer oxycodone myself and yes it`s prescribed to me.
dee

Greenville, SC

#48 Jan 20, 2011
they say they taking the pink ten off market how true is that?

Location hidden

#49 Jan 20, 2011
I have not heard anything about that.... they took Darvocet off the market... it was a pink narcotic pain med.... might that be what u heard about? They really wouldn't have much of a reason to take a certain color lortab off the market... the different colors are pretty much just different manufacturers... so unless a certain manufacturer went under, or sold out... I will look into it though
unite

Winchester, KY

#50 Jan 20, 2011
Just Some Girl wrote:
There are blue, white, green, yellow and pink 10's.... Most 7.5 are white, come in different sizes and one brand is actually speckled with green or blue... all the 5's are white....
The pink are usually 10/600 or 10/650 The others are 10/500...
The smaller yellow one is a 10/325 known as Norco
sounds like to me you know your stuff pretty good how many of them can you stick in your nose?

Location hidden

#51 Jan 20, 2011
Wouldn't have a clue... and thank you, I do know my stuff... would be a complete waste of student loans not to at this point... obviously u have not been following the entire topic or you'd have known that...

Location hidden

#52 Jan 20, 2011
Hmmmm, so u read 2 of my comments and pass judgement... how typical... especially with a screen name such as UNITE...
The Truth

United States

#55 Apr 26, 2012
90 of the posters on this thread are trolls... and you all make the internet 100 percent retarded and unbearable. Congrats.
School Buses

Martinsville, VA

#56 Apr 26, 2012
I prefer oxycodone myself!
Grow up

Winchester, KY

#57 Apr 26, 2012
School Buses wrote:
I prefer oxycodone myself!
You should prefer an education.
Jesco White

Martinsville, VA

#58 Apr 26, 2012
Wee dont needa edgakayshun over hure in Boone County, you just needta to lurn to shoot and duk...
need to know

Pikeville, KY

#59 Apr 27, 2012
Ouchie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have two herniated disks at L3-L4 and L-4L-5. I also have lupus that affects my joints really bad. And I have had BOTH knees replaced when I was 38 years old. So, yes....I take pain relievers to help me to be able to WORK, instead of drawing disability.(Which I do qualify for and was awarded.) I choose to work, instead.
I asked this question because I am trying to make sure I get the best medicine and the blue ones seem to help me more. I've heard some people say they are better and some say the opposite. I figured someone on here would know.:(
May God bless you with a kinder attitude. Merry Christmas!
Who got your disability for you? Also, what kind of symptoms did you have with the lupus? These are legitimate questions, I'm not trying to make fun.
smull

United States

#60 Apr 28, 2012
I like the blue tab 10s or the green ones better for some reason. Where can I get the yellow perks filled? I'm talking school buses. Everywhere I go, they give me those stupid white ones! Ugh.
Contributor

Pikeville, KY

#61 Apr 28, 2012
Neither tuff it out like a real man !.. now kidney stones is a different story . Them sobs hurt I take a bus load if I would had at the time ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Aug '11) 2 min Darktainium 6,898
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min usa 149,570
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 19 min Paris 32,656
nugent not selling 1 hr Paris 55
Need Apartment Here 1 hr Redundancy 8
Glen Hammond Ray Jones Round 2 1 hr Strong Arm 37
Ford Hemp Project 1 hr One Hundred Jobs 12

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages