hit and run bony long
correct

Stanley, NC

#83 Jun 22, 2012
Jill wrote:
News said Jason OQuinn lost control of his truck and struck him. Did not say he left the scene
only found 3 stories about this and all about the samething, and nothing about leaving the scene.
Floyd County Times
A Pike County man was killed Wednesday, after he was struck by a car while walking alongside U.S. 460.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., John K. Long, of Millard walking along the highway, when Jason O’Quinn lost control of his 2005 Chevrolet pickup and struck him.

Long was taken to Pikeville Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead by Deputy Coroner Zeb Hampton.

Police do not believe O’Quinn was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident, but the incident remains under investigation.

Trooper Johnny Slone is leading the investigation. He was assisted at the scene by Troopers Bo Cure and Kevin Thacker, the Millard Fire Department and Elkhorn City Ambulance.
correct

Stanley, NC

#84 Jun 22, 2012
kywildcatgirls wrote:
John had a wonderful visitation tonight. Meet his sons Cliff and Christpher. You can really see there Dad. Folks from all walks of life where there. Boney, WILL be remembered until the sands run out. Remember, John, tonight and just enjoy life.
Is Christpher you refer to as a son, is he Eric John Long in the obit?
Is Cliff you refer to as a son, is he Clinton Keith Long?

lucas and son funeral home obituary
John Keith Long ( Jan 23, 1960-Jun 20, 2012).
John Keith Long age 52 passed away Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 at the Pikeville Medical Center.
John was born on Jan. 23, 1960 to his parents the late Clinton Long and Mella Bentley Long.
He was a mechanic and a believer of the Baptist Faith.
John is survived by two sons, Clinton Keith Long of Napoleon, Ohio, Eric John Long of Millard Hwy., one brother, Jerry Donald Long, two sisters, Janet Long, Peggy Sue Long Venters, one granddaughter, Sidney Alexis Long, and a host of loving family and friends. Visitation will be Friday at 6p.m. at the Lucas & Son Funeral Home. The funeral will be Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 1p.m. at the Lucas & Son Funeral Home with Pastor James Blackburn officiating. The burial will follow in the Johnson Memorial Park.
correct

Stanley, NC

#85 Jun 22, 2012
Futete wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't what was printed in the paper. Said the guy was driving on suspended and did leave the scene, but returned. Also said he ran off the road to hit Boney. I'm not sure where you came up with them thinking he wasn't under influence because it read as though he was.
I have only found 3 news articles on this subject, would you please list your news source of this information please.

ABC 36 News

Kentucky State Police say a pedestrian was struck Wednesday by a vehicle along U.S. 460 in the Millard community of Pike County.

Police say a preliminary investigation shows Jason O’Quinn was traveling eastbound on U.S. 460 in a 2005 Chevrolet truck, when he lost control and struck a pedestrian, John K. Long of Millard Kentucky.

Long was transported to Pikeville Medical Center where he was pronounced dead by Pike County Deputy Coroner Zeb Hampton.

Police say alcohol is not a suspected factor in the accident, which remains under investigation.
correct

Stanley, NC

#86 Jun 22, 2012
and the third source I have found is:

Williamson daily news
A pedestrian was struck and killed along U.S. 460 in Millard on Wednesday around 5:46 pm.

Kentucky State Police Post 9, in Pikeville, received a call of a man hit by a vehicle. The preliminary investigation indicated Jason O’Quinn was traveling eastbound on U.S. 460 in a 2005 Chevrolet truck when he lost control and struck a pedestrian, John K. Long of Millard.

Long was transported to Pikeville Medical Center where he was pronounced dead by Pike County Deputy Coroner Zeb Hampton.

Alcohol is not a suspected factor in the accident which is still under investigation by Trooper Johnny Slone. Slone was assisted at the scene by Trooper Bo Cure, Trooper Kevin Thacker, Millard Fire Department and Elkhorn City Ambulance.
kywildcatgirls

Richmond, KY

#87 Jun 23, 2012
Today I say my final farewell to John. I shall not forget you.I hope you have found the best. until we meet again my friend, and we shall. May the Lord keep you.
Praying

Elkhorn City, KY

#88 Jun 23, 2012
Praying for the family today as they lay Johnny to rest.
omg

Pikeville, KY

#89 Jun 23, 2012
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did catch the man who hit him they caught him at the car wash near Marrowbone trying to wash it off his vehicle but the police wouldn't release he name they told the family they would tell them today. So obviously he knew exactly what he done and had something to hide it takes a cold hearted S.O.B to do what this mas has done I hope he is charged with Murder and punished to the fullest extent of the LAW!! Boney has a lot of problems but he was a human being! God Rest His Soul he had a lot of friends and ppl that cared abt him and tried to help him.
are you serious? jesus thats horrible...yeah if he was trying to wash off the evidence he knew he was guilty
kywildcatgirls

Richmond, KY

#90 Jun 23, 2012
Thank-You to all, that helped John's family through today. John never carried for times like today but Clinton, and Eric did there father proud.
kywildcatgirls

Elkhorn City, KY

#91 Jun 23, 2012
correct wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Christpher you refer to as a son, is he Eric John Long in the obit?
Is Cliff you refer to as a son, is he Clinton Keith Long?
lucas and son funeral home obituary
John Keith Long ( Jan 23, 1960-Jun 20, 2012).
John Keith Long age 52 passed away Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 at the Pikeville Medical Center.
John was born on Jan. 23, 1960 to his parents the late Clinton Long and Mella Bentley Long.
He was a mechanic and a believer of the Baptist Faith.
John is survived by two sons, Clinton Keith Long of Napoleon, Ohio, Eric John Long of Millard Hwy., one brother, Jerry Donald Long, two sisters, Janet Long, Peggy Sue Long Venters, one granddaughter, Sidney Alexis Long, and a host of loving family and friends. Visitation will be Friday at 6p.m. at the Lucas & Son Funeral Home. The funeral will be Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 1p.m. at the Lucas & Son Funeral Home with Pastor James Blackburn officiating. The burial will follow in the Johnson Memorial Park.
Cliff is clinton, my bad. However Eric and Christpher are John's other sons
Shelley

Elkhorn City, KY

#92 Jun 23, 2012
john did not have a son named christopher. that is eric's half brother.
my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#93 Jun 23, 2012
You are correct Shelley. John did NOT have a son by the name of Christopher.
kywildcatgirls

Richmond, KY

#94 Jun 23, 2012
well the family introducded him as so but then none of you where proably at visitation or services
Shelley

Elkhorn City, KY

#95 Jun 23, 2012
I AM family. Chris isn't John's. He was thought to be at first but he isn't. He is, however, Eric's half brother. Clinton Keith is Eric's half brother by a different mom. Clinton Keith and Eric are John's only children.
Futete

Cynthiana, KY

#96 Jun 23, 2012
correct wrote:
and the third source I have found is:
Williamson daily news
A pedestrian was struck and killed along U.S. 460 in Millard on Wednesday around 5:46 pm.
Kentucky State Police Post 9, in Pikeville, received a call of a man hit by a vehicle. The preliminary investigation indicated Jason O’Quinn was traveling eastbound on U.S. 460 in a 2005 Chevrolet truck when he lost control and struck a pedestrian, John K. Long of Millard.
Alcohol is not a suspected factor in the accident which is still under investigation by Trooper Johnny Slone. Slone was assisted at the scene by Trooper Bo Cure, Trooper Kevin Thacker, Millard Fire Department and Elkhorn City Ambulance.
Break down ol chap and buy a newspaper. There is a big article on the front page about this. O'quinn wasn't arrested until 9:18, the accident happened around 6. The article states he left the scene and returned a short time later. He was charged with driving on dui suspended out of Virginia and other traffic charges. I figure when the drug tests come back he will get charged with other things. The article states Long was not on the road when struck. The man probably nodded off and ran of the road.
yeawellguesswhat

Georgetown, KY

#97 Jun 24, 2012
Futete wrote:
<quoted text>Break down ol chap and buy a newspaper. There is a big article on the front page about this. O'quinn wasn't arrested until 9:18, the accident happened around 6. The article states he left the scene and returned a short time later. He was charged with driving on dui suspended out of Virginia and other traffic charges. I figure when the drug tests come back he will get charged with other things. The article states Long was not on the road when struck. The man probably nodded off and ran of the road.
you "figure" and "probably" dont mean much now does it? boney was a piece of crap and millard is better off without him.
kywildcatgirls

Richmond, KY

#98 Jun 24, 2012
Millard proably would be better off without a pompous stone throwing ass like you,(yeah),well guess what learn to spell, oh I beat you went to Millard HIGH
yeawellguesswhat

Georgetown, KY

#99 Jun 24, 2012
id have to say that i would rather eric been ran over than boney. but eric is to blame for boney turning out the way he did. did he ever really have a chancd with a father like that?
HAMMER

Elkhorn City, KY

#100 Jun 24, 2012
yeawellguesswhat wrote:
id have to say that i would rather eric been ran over than boney. but eric is to blame for boney turning out the way he did. did he ever really have a chancd with a father like that?
you are one cold son of a bitch,what is it mommy and daddy dident give you any love growing up...NOBODY desereve's to die like boney did...mabe millard and the whole world would be better off if yu just took a 38 and blew your brain's all over the wall,i know i sure would not miss a night's sleep if you did it.
my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#101 Jun 24, 2012
This is going on and on. His "friends" ARE going to miss him. The people he ripped off, AREN'T. No, no one should die the way he did, but accidents do happen. He may have sneezed or anything. We do NOT know exactly what happened that caused it. People with jobs do work hard for their belongings and do not like for people to spot and steal from them. Drugs and stealing go hand in hand. I feel no need to apologize for the truth.
prayforbothfamil ies

Ivel, KY

#102 Jun 24, 2012
It seems to me everyone has negitive comments about both men. No one wants to see these things written about their daddy, from what I have read Mr. Long has children, they just lost their dad. Would you want to here these things about your dad, I wouldn't.
Mr. Oquinn may be someones daddy too, or son or brother. Would you want your child, parents,or brothes and sisters to see these things written about you. I wouldn't.

We need to pray for both men and their families I am sure both are having a hard time with this tragic news, If either was a member of my family I would be heart broken.

Please, this has been run to the ground. Have a heart, and let it lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 160,885
Airport Board Once Again FAILS to Meet v2.0 1 hr Keep Qiute 18
Trump In Trouble 2 hr Moved West 13
Ashley Brown's campaign lies 2 hr greedy 15
City of pikeville buy the Abe Lincoln statue 2 hr Cheese for all 1
Natural Gas still cheaper than Coal 2 hr Joey 43
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr One Eyed Willy 4,049

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance