Just because

United States

#21 Jul 2, 2010
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. Has he ever coached girl's basketball? It's different that's for sure.
larry

Inez, KY

#22 Jul 2, 2010
no not jealous, my son has to go to school there and kids leaving are hurting him
for the record

Logan, WV

#23 Jul 3, 2010
Just because wrote:
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. Has he ever coached girl's basketball? It's different that's for sure.
yes he has coached girls before,won 2 county championships at Turkey Creek middle school,Clay will do a good job at Central,just give him a chance
congrats Pike Central

Pikeville, KY

#24 Jul 4, 2010
Now, your boys might make the regional tourney since he beat your ass out 4 strait years! Come on, reply to that...I am waiting...come up with some smart ass comment even though it is the truth. Something else that is true is he will destroy your girls program because he is the biggest liar in the entire world. God, I am so glad that you all have him. Enjoy and buy some KY JELLY because you're gonna need it.
Clay

Winchester, KY

#25 Jul 5, 2010
Apparently you guys don't know the real Clay Campbell. I have known him for several years and tolerated him just for the hell of it. He is nothing but a liar and you will learn that eventually. He will lie to you to your face. You had better not believe a word he says. I promise you those girls wont win a game in the region much less go to state. After his girl graduates he will leave u low down and ready to collapse. The girls will be miserable just ask any player who has ever played for him. They hated him. He was an under achiever at Phelps and will continue to do the same a PCC.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#26 Jul 5, 2010
congrats Pike Central wrote:
Now, your boys might make the regional tourney since he beat your ass out 4 strait years! Come on, reply to that...I am waiting...come up with some smart ass comment even though it is the truth. Something else that is true is he will destroy your girls program because he is the biggest liar in the entire world. God, I am so glad that you all have him. Enjoy and buy some KY JELLY because you're gonna need it.
Yes, he did beat us, but where is he now. He is not coaching the boys...LOL. You loved him when he was there and winning. What is the problem now? Jealousy is a bad thing
Yep

Pikeville, KY

#27 Jul 5, 2010
Clay wrote:
Apparently you guys don't know the real Clay Campbell. I have known him for several years and tolerated him just for the hell of it. He is nothing but a liar and you will learn that eventually. He will lie to you to your face. You had better not believe a word he says. I promise you those girls wont win a game in the region much less go to state. After his girl graduates he will leave u low down and ready to collapse. The girls will be miserable just ask any player who has ever played for him. They hated him. He was an under achiever at Phelps and will continue to do the same a PCC.
If he was that bad why didn't you get rid of him? I have known Clay all his life and I can tell you he has never lied to me. Maybe it's the people that he had to deal with.
concerned

Prestonsburg, KY

#28 Feb 24, 2011
He sucks as a coach,and doesn`t need to be coaching those girls.Most of the team don`t like him,and probally won`t play for him next year.He treats those girls terrible,he is lucky someones dad hasn`t kicked his but yet.He needs to go.
told you so

Wayland, KY

#29 Feb 24, 2011
Look at the beginning of this thread. You were warned and I know as fans it wasn't your fault that he was hired but he is going to do nothing but destroy your once great program. He is there to coach his daughter and nothing more. Oh, and now you have his niece which is going to be one hell of a player but REMEMBER this, you also got her mother also. I'd rather lose 20 games than put up with that b*tch. He'll be gone and your program will be back at square one. You had Gary Fields there and he would have built a POWER HOUSE-you can thank ol' Rog and boys for that one! Good luck PCHS.
Well

United States

#30 Feb 24, 2011
Do you think he will be there next year. I know a coach that would love to come home. He has coached some nice players and been to the state tournament twice.
LOL

Virgie, KY

#31 Feb 24, 2011
told you so wrote:
Look at the beginning of this thread. You were warned and I know as fans it wasn't your fault that he was hired but he is going to do nothing but destroy your once great program. He is there to coach his daughter and nothing more. Oh, and now you have his niece which is going to be one hell of a player but REMEMBER this, you also got her mother also. I'd rather lose 20 games than put up with that b*tch. He'll be gone and your program will be back at square one. You had Gary Fields there and he would have built a POWER HOUSE-you can thank ol' Rog and boys for that one! Good luck PCHS.
How can you build a powerhouse when you don't have a practice. And yes, thank you Ol'Rog and boys for CLay.
dawg pound

Pikeville, KY

#32 Feb 24, 2011
Pike Central beat Sheldon Clark twice and was 1 point from state tournament pretty good for a team that didn't practice. My daughter played for Gary he is a great coach PC made a huge mistake getting rid of him.
Garys friend

Pikeville, KY

#33 Feb 25, 2011
dawg pound wrote:
Pike Central beat Sheldon Clark twice and was 1 point from state tournament pretty good for a team that didn't practice. My daughter played for Gary he is a great coach PC made a huge mistake getting rid of him.
Nothing against Clay here, but Fields is young, knows basketball, and bleeds Pike Central. I wish he was at Phelps still but his heart was at Central and you gotta respect a man that loves his ol' school as much as Gary. Good luck in the regionals!!!!
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#34 Feb 25, 2011
dawg pound wrote:
Pike Central beat Sheldon Clark twice and was 1 point from state tournament pretty good for a team that didn't practice. My daughter played for Gary he is a great coach PC made a huge mistake getting rid of him.
I hope that your daughter wasn't the one that didn't step out to try to block the last shot that beat us in regionals. Now that was some coaching. It got us beat one play with 4 seconds on the clock. That is your 1 point from the state tournament.

He didn't practice, as much as they schould, I know. He had too many other interests (his cell phone).
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#35 Feb 25, 2011
And no one got rid of him, ok. It was his choice, he didn't want the girls. But he also fell short of getting the boys like he wanted too. Nothing personal, but he has growing up to do as a coach.
dry branch

Pikeville, KY

#36 Feb 26, 2011
LOL wrote:
And no one got rid of him, ok. It was his choice, he didn't want the girls. But he also fell short of getting the boys like he wanted too. Nothing personal, but he has growing up to do as a coach.
If Fields has growing up to do, what about the clown that is the coach today? He has the temper of a bratty 3 year old and is the 4 time Kentucky Lying Champion. If you think he is the answer, we'll see. Hell, maybe you're right but PCCHS is taking a huge risk with their girls program here because he is a rental and doesn't give a sh*t about the program or school.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#37 Feb 26, 2011
dry branch wrote:
<quoted text>
If Fields has growing up to do, what about the clown that is the coach today? He has the temper of a bratty 3 year old and is the 4 time Kentucky Lying Champion. If you think he is the answer, we'll see. Hell, maybe you're right but PCCHS is taking a huge risk with their girls program here because he is a rental and doesn't give a sh*t about the program or school.
Hey, he might be a rental, he has a couple of years left because his daughter is at PC. Anyway we'll see next year and he could never be anymore distracted or far removed than what Phelps has now in their girls program. Lying, he has been of man of his word. Maybe he just didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. I think he is a fine person and doing the best he can with what he was handed.

It's obvious he doesn't have Phelps at heart. What's the problem? People like you.
truth

Pikeville, KY

#38 Feb 27, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, he might be a rental, he has a couple of years left because his daughter is at PC. Anyway we'll see next year and he could never be anymore distracted or far removed than what Phelps has now in their girls program. Lying, he has been of man of his word. Maybe he just didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. I think he is a fine person and doing the best he can with what he was handed.
It's obvious he doesn't have Phelps at heart. What's the problem? People like you.
This is the funniest thing that I have ever read on topix. There isn't a person in Phelps that hated to see that prick leave. In fact, we would rather "be where were at now" and not have that lying piece of trash in our school let alone, on our bench. Phelps shouldn't be brought into this discussion! He is your coach and like marriage, you've got him for better or worse. These people on here have told you the truth. You can turn this around like it is Phelps thing but it isn't. He wears orange and blue and God help you! I love the part also about "he is doing the best with what he was handed" He gets kids from Johns Creek, Mullins, Kimper, and "Phelps" so spare me the sad story. If any other school in this county had the numbers in their feeder schools that Pike Central had, they would win the regional on a consistant basis. "what he was left with"--I think I am going to puke.
watching you coach

Prestonsburg, KY

#39 Feb 27, 2011
He has talent on the team he won`t let them use it.They are not allowed to shoot from outside,the games I watched every play was to throw the ball inside.The press never worked,the other teams scored most of their points against the press.but he just kept pressing,if something isn`t working you try something different.LET THE Girls shoot from outside,mix it up a little.And if he ever talks to my wife or daughter like he has to some of the other girls and their mother that will be the biggest mistake he ever makes.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#40 Feb 27, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the funniest thing that I have ever read on topix. There isn't a person in Phelps that hated to see that prick leave. In fact, we would rather "be where were at now" and not have that lying piece of trash in our school let alone, on our bench. Phelps shouldn't be brought into this discussion! He is your coach and like marriage, you've got him for better or worse. These people on here have told you the truth. You can turn this around like it is Phelps thing but it isn't. He wears orange and blue and God help you! I love the part also about "he is doing the best with what he was handed" He gets kids from Johns Creek, Mullins, Kimper, and "Phelps" so spare me the sad story. If any other school in this county had the numbers in their feeder schools that Pike Central had, they would win the regional on a consistant basis. "what he was left with"--I think I am going to puke.
Just go ahead and puke. It's obvious that you are green with envy. Where are your kids from. W VA, Kimper, Johns Creek and Pike Central and you still can't keep them, so what is your problem. Jealousy as I stated before.

And there is not sad story, other than you one that you keep telling. That's a sad one. He is our coach and we are proud to have him, so why don't you let well enough alone and stop trying to degrade him. And if it happened in Phelps it is a Phelps thing and we don't care about it at PC. So stop your ranting we know it's your own personal thing with Clay, it's obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 7 min ole duty 54
VAnderbeck writes yet another editorial in favo... 8 min Lou Grant 17
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min Abe 20,232
cuba for all 24 min Amj 24
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 22,247
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr havent forgotten 131,904
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 22,980
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 1 hr 15 days left 45
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 3 hr Cut Off Rustys Fo... 65
Robert Marble RIP 7 hr aep rookery 11
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns