First Prev
of 19
Next Last
blackdamp

United States

#366 Nov 12, 2013
Can someone say redundant post? Anyway, years of working for Massey made me get out of coal mining all together. S-1, P-2, Blah Blah, Blah, is just jibberish that looks good on paper. It a wonder Massey didn't get more mines blown up than UBB.
As for MSHA, They are lacking. Some (inspectors)were tough but most of them just wannabes that traded in breathing rock dust for some clean coveralls and 9-5, or just quite possibly some kickbacks under the table. As mentioned somewhere before on this thread, if conditions were so bad at UBB the day of the explosion,(and MSHA was there that morning) they should have been issued a D-order and MSHA stayed there until the problem was corrected. But the rest is history and the flip flop pointing fingers at Don B. vs. MSHA, etc. and such and all the drama with the rescue and investigation. A good head start toward killing off the coal industry. As with coal, its about gone and so is the middle class worker. I don't see any recovery any time soon. All the middle class manufacturing jobs are in china or somewhere else. But, however, the Joe blows just sit around and do nothing and keep voting for the same crap that got us where we are at today. Back to UBB and MSHA, if they had been doing their job that day, those 29 men might still be around. Enough said.
you made me laugh wrote:
ole ky miner and ole tired coalminer you guys really need to get a life. It appears that you have nothing to do but wait for someone to post and you are like hounddogs righ on it. i had never been on this site. the few post i read that you guys responded to made me laugh. i am serious you really need a life. you can respond to this post however, i proably will never read it. seriously you guys need a life. life is to short to be so bitter. you guys sound like your are falling to take responsiblity where responsibility lies. your life will never be anymore than waiting for a post to respond to as long as you are so bitter. ps. set down and think about how much time you spend saying nasty things about other folks that somehow make you fell better. count the minutes and days you spend saying something that no one really cares what you think. life is short and there is so many things you could be doing. you sound so unhappy. i hope you reall count the time you spend doing this and try something different and meanifull. God bless you. i know he loves you but you are making it hard for other folks to even like you. you sound a little imature, i honestly lauged when i read a couple of your post. it hard to get mad at you however i do feel sorry for you. to say the least you did make me laugh. wonder how many people read your post and laugh at you. ps. for your own good get a life. no one reall cares what you think do not waste so much time trying to hurt someone. if you have a problem with someone go tell them man up.
jGREEN

Modesto, CA

#368 Mar 20, 2014
MSHA SUCKS
Coal miner

Corbin, KY

#369 Mar 23, 2014
All the laws need to be state mandated not federal......
wilcox

Twinsburg, OH

#370 Nov 9, 2014
tired old miner wrote:
If you want to discuss it more......I am ready.
My opinion of MSHA is inchanged.
I honestly believe the inept inspectors have been responsible for more mining deaths than any greedy mine operator in history.
Thank God, the miners in Brazil didn't have to rely on the idiots who failed so miserably at Sago and Crandall Canyon. More deaths recently can be attributed to MSHA, but they are trying to blame Massey. Massey is a company with the most stringent safety regulations in the industry.
Msha just screwed up, through unqualified arrogance, and caused those deaths at Upper Big Branch.
I hope to revive the subject of MSHA and it's attack on the coal industry.
MSHA was pitifully inept before obama, but he is on record affirming his full intention to destroy the coal industry. His control over the unqualified employees of MSHA is destroying a way of life.
this is a very true..as true as it gets......Amen..........
Do Nothing Mitch

Lexington, KY

#371 Nov 10, 2014
Coal miner wrote:
All the laws need to be state mandated not federal......
You idiots tried that in 1861 and got your azz kicked.

Lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump to Boy Scouts 6 min Apologize Trump 6
making this country great again 8 min Trump To Resign 21
Pikeville High School Sports 10 min Virgie Lies 13
Steve Hartsock for Dog Catcher 20 min Lmao 5
Obamacare vs Republicans (Jan '14) 21 min Lmao 6
Obamacare Repeal 22 min Lmao 28
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 25 min Trump To Resign 5,267
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 2 hr Dpp twist records 80
Is Tudors closing? 3 hr Family restaurant... 9

Pikeville Jobs