School Board Race

School Board Race

Created by Citizeng on Sep 30, 2012

433 votes

Click on an option to vote

Earl Thacker

Justin Maynard

Goofy

Richmond, KY

#21 Oct 2, 2012
Just what kind of certification did Lea, or any other Director of Head Start, need? Check your facts, stupid. You don't have to have a certification to be the Director of Head Start.
News Break

Lebanon, KY

#22 Oct 2, 2012
I know for a fact they have been giving raises and hiring more wonders with big salaries. Check it out! We need to vote that board OUT and get a new super. Do it for the kids.
100 Day Wonders

Richmond, KY

#23 Oct 2, 2012
News Break wrote:
I know for a fact they have been giving raises and hiring more wonders with big salaries. Check it out! We need to vote that board OUT and get a new super. Do it for the kids.
It may have stated out as 100 days thus the term 100 day wonders but they work almost the entire school year now, more like 186 days. If they don't have a legitimate job for their political sucks they make one up for them. A large part of administration cost is now the 100 day wonders and all they cry is we save money by hiring them...tell this to a mule and it would kick your brains out!
CEJJ54

Wheelwright, KY

#24 Oct 2, 2012
I will vote for Justin Maynard I believe he will stand up for the children best interest,do away with the good old boys politics and let get the pike county school system where it need to b fresh blood with new ideals I will go with that always, I have known him since he was small and a stand up person and family man, so come on everyone lets give him a chance, vote for Justin Maynard.
Ancient System

Richmond, KY

#25 Oct 3, 2012
This system is a throw back to the days when they come around to tell you how to vote and if you did not vote their way you did not get hired back the next year. They even held the way your family voted against you and the wrong word in the wrong word in the wrong place could cost you your job. The tired old political machine still thinks they can run a school board the way they did 40 years ago. They only had one rag coal town paper to contend with and they contolled the message and the media. 2012 and with the different media available for people to get the truth and this PCBOE can't stand the light of day. We need a new board, we need a new school system with a different type of governance. It is plain to see with the budget deficit and the test scores this one has outlived it's usefulness if it ever had any. The patronage has got to stop, the cronyism, the family rule of a school board by people who inherit the job.
They cry it is all about the kids but that is a lie and has been for years. An administration that is only self serving and there to enrich themselves and protect their positions by playing backroom politics in the school system.

This system is rotten from the top down and useless in this day and time, the kids are paying for it. Todays students are our future, the kids that sit in front of a teachers desk now will be running society in a few short years. Hard to imagine that but it is true, the way we prepare them today will effect the future, our future. The school system handicaps all but the best and brightest and to many of our students are not receiving the quality education needed to succeed in college or life. Tax Payer dollars wasted on an ancient archiac throw back political hack system that was embarrassing 40 years ago, completely usless and out of place in todays society.
Voter

Lebanon, KY

#26 Oct 3, 2012
Yes and they are still running it and will be running it after Nov. Election. I just got a raise and the secretaries got a 5,000 dollar raise. My friend got moved to a better position with a raise. We will be voting for the present board members. They take care of us and we will take care of them. Surely you don't expect us to vote against the hand that gives us raises.
Check this outp

Versailles, KY

#27 Oct 3, 2012
Check this out

In house transfers to better jobs with a pay raise!
Raises for many including secretaries, supervisors, etc.
It's a shame at the kids expense.
Believe me this is happening.
Check it out!

Please check this out and post names! It is happening!
Check this out

Versailles, KY

#28 Oct 3, 2012
If they do in-house transfers they do not have to post the jobs. Please expose these people. Check this out and post their names. It's happening now.p
DUH

Gray, KY

#29 Oct 3, 2012
Check this outp wrote:
Check this out
In house transfers to better jobs with a pay raise!
Raises for many including secretaries, supervisors, etc.
It's a shame at the kids expense.
Believe me this is happening.
Check it out!
Please check this out and post names! It is happening!
This is the type of election propaganda that surely shows the poster's ignorance.... No Employee got a raise!
OMG

Gray, KY

#30 Oct 3, 2012
CEJJ54 wrote:
I will vote for Justin Maynard I believe he will stand up for the children best interest,do away with the good old boys politics and let get the pike county school system where it need to b fresh blood with new ideals I will go with that always, I have known him since he was small and a stand up person and family man, so come on everyone lets give him a chance, vote for Justin Maynard.
Who is this "boy wonder" who has come to save civilization/ Pike County? Give me a break...the people supporting him will expect paybacks if he wins. Get ready "boy wonder" if you are elected to take it like a true back woods politician... Turn around and bend over!
Check this out

Versailles, KY

#31 Oct 4, 2012
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the type of election propaganda that surely shows the poster's ignorance.... No Employee got a raise!
Oh yes it happened and is happening. You know all about it. Maybe you were one that got the raise or transfer. Don't cover it up. Post names please.
Tell me another one

Richmond, KY

#32 Oct 4, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this "boy wonder" who has come to save civilization/ Pike County? Give me a break...the people supporting him will expect paybacks if he wins. Get ready "boy wonder" if you are elected to take it like a true back woods politician... Turn around and bend over!
No the tax payers of Pike County are the ones that are going to need the vaseling, Thacker votes yes every time on raising the taxes! If the people supporting him expect payback what about the people that support Earl, the 100 day wonders he keeps up! You sayin Maynard would have people expecting a job and Earl don't owe anybody. Earl supports enough dead wood down there to cut the budget in half if we can get someone in to get rid of them.
Frank

Ransom, KY

#33 Oct 4, 2012
I am finding this board race more interesting each day.The ones already in are doing a good job,at least we know what we're getting,the new ones running are the same yes men,just loyal to a different bunch.How is that making changes for the better of the kids?Let me tell you all something,they're not running to help your children they're running strickly on dirty politics.If the new guys are elected,Lord help us!Our schools will be shut down,alot of job losses,promises for jobs fulfilled,maybe.I think a canidate should run on and focus on the children,put them first.Therefore alot of bullshit promises to be hired if u vote for me,is just that!
Tell me another one

Richmond, KY

#34 Oct 4, 2012
Frank wrote:
I am finding this board race more interesting each day.The ones already in are doing a good job,at least we know what we're getting,the new ones running are the same yes men,just loyal to a different bunch.How is that making changes for the better of the kids?Let me tell you all something,they're not running to help your children they're running strickly on dirty politics.If the new guys are elected,Lord help us!Our schools will be shut down,alot of job losses,promises for jobs fulfilled,maybe.I think a canidate should run on and focus on the children,put them first.Therefore alot of bullshit promises to be hired if u vote for me,is just that!
Scare tactics and absolute bull crap! Maynard is a young man with kids in the school system and none of the PCBOE political machine are backing him. They beat the bushes for months trying to find someone to run against Frank Ratliff, this man will vote as Frank does, no new taxes until the waste and administration waste is cuts. The bunch in there now is running a 3 billion dollar deficit, at some point there will have to be cuts. Will it be teachers that deliver the service or the 100 day wonders and political hacks that hang around the administration building. You guys know Maynard will be looking to balance the bidget but not on the backs of the Pike County tax payers. The board will have to pay the piper soon on account of the mess they have made with the budget, where do you want the cuts to be made. Teachers and support services or the top heavy administration that is overstaffed with 100 day wonders and political hacks with made up jobs. Maynard will be looking for savings everywhere they can be found and not cutting teachers until the very last and only as a last resort after the admisistration waste is cut. There is a good chance teachers won't have to be cut at all if the savings can be found in other area's to get the budget under control.
When if comes to layoffs if necessary the bunch in their now will be protecting those 100 day wonder jobs and saving their high salary admisistrative positions. Operating cost of the Pike County School board is 25% higher than the large school districts around Lexington and Louisville in comparison. Their solution to losing money from the state and federal government, just go in once or twice a year and raise taxes on the citizens of Pike County. We are taxed to death keeping up those Lexus and Mercedes payments and buying all that Tennessee lake front property. Building up large and lucrative retirement packages for people that are running the system into the ground.
Truth

Kimper, KY

#35 Oct 4, 2012
Most of the Information in all these post if had to to proven in a court of law would find themselves in bad trouble. I do know that their have been a lot of new school buildings and renovations to exiting buildings that makes them look better than they did when first built. I do also know from past experience that people don't honestly want board member to be honest or tell them the truth. they don't want the person that is best for the Kids. If they will be honest about it they want someone that will help them or some of there family get a Job. The truth is not popular but it will stand when this old World is burning.
Low Rider

Richmond, KY

#36 Oct 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
Most of the Information in all these post if had to to proven in a court of law would find themselves in bad trouble. I do know that their have been a lot of new school buildings and renovations to exiting buildings that makes them look better than they did when first built.
Another scare tactic, I guess that would give the board lawyer somthing else to do. More waste of money! Yes I notice a lot of building renovations and a lot of money being spent on new facilities, what I don't see is the New Millard Grade School in Franks district being built. What happened to that money, is it still there, if so why wasn't that school started. Maybe the reason that school project is being help up will be something that has to be found out in court.
Yes courts can be useful in some instances, I doubt wasting money on an anonymous blog would be very productive, especially on a blog concerning a school board election. I believe that should be "I do know that there has been a lot of new school construction" not their has been. Pike County education I guess!
bandit

Lexington, KY

#37 Oct 4, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this "boy wonder" who has come to save civilization/ Pike County? Give me a break...the people supporting him will expect paybacks if he wins. Get ready "boy wonder" if you are elected to take it like a true back woods politician... Turn around and bend over!
I have bend over and Frank R broke it off in me,now I got people sucking me,Thanks Frank,whats next promise them this and that,and select who you screw.
Chaney

Lexington, KY

#38 Oct 4, 2012
Low Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Another scare tactic, I guess that would give the board lawyer somthing else to do. More waste of money! Yes I notice a lot of building renovations and a lot of money being spent on new facilities, what I don't see is the New Millard Grade School in Franks district being built. What happened to that money, is it still there, if so why wasn't that school started. Maybe the reason that school project is being help up will be something that has to be found out in court.
Yes courts can be useful in some instances, I doubt wasting money on an anonymous blog would be very productive, especially on a blog concerning a school board election. I believe that should be "I do know that there has been a lot of new school construction" not their has been. Pike County education I guess!
Frank put the sign up in the wrong place,that he paid for,and the state KDE said we have to approve the site or sites,bonding monies are in place,my friend is hard on hearing and has a hard time comprehending how things work.
aol

Lexington, KY

#39 Oct 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
Most of the Information in all these post if had to to proven in a court of law would find themselves in bad trouble. I do know that their have been a lot of new school buildings and renovations to exiting buildings that makes them look better than they did when first built. I do also know from past experience that people don't honestly want board member to be honest or tell them the truth. they don't want the person that is best for the Kids. If they will be honest about it they want someone that will help them or some of there family get a Job. The truth is not popular but it will stand when this old World is burning.
You no whoever you are that posted this is facts,but on the other hand like myself what is in it for me.Like I told the Maynard boy what got you interest as a candidate for board member,we talked for while I asked him certain question concerning our schools,and the imformation I got back from was simple self center,and the way I look at it, a man with a train of thought like he has would be a derailment,which the board is made up of Supt.plus 5 board members,one member is voice for his dist.he serves but represents the whole system. This present board has a relationship with the supt.I have personally seen him (Supt.) out visiting the schools DAILY,we as citizens don't see the whole picture we look at her-say or he -say.Things just don't happen,there's got to be people willing to make it happen.Great JOB!Pike County School Dist.
rick

Lexington, KY

#40 Oct 4, 2012
Tell me another one wrote:
<quoted text>
No the tax payers of Pike County are the ones that are going to need the vaseling, Thacker votes yes every time on raising the taxes! If the people supporting him expect payback what about the people that support Earl, the 100 day wonders he keeps up! You sayin Maynard would have people expecting a job and Earl don't owe anybody. Earl supports enough dead wood down there to cut the budget in half if we can get someone in to get rid of them.
You RETARDED,drop out I'm voting for hims to crack head,he tolds me to wash windows,I said schit that Maymard boy going give me a jantered job,but him saiid you hafe to hafe a ged i say what that he say good enough dipoma I put one of hims signs up,I really want it for my hog pen keep them warms I lie to half more of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 153,934
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 27 min Princess Hey 25,947
Word Association (Aug '11) 31 min Princess Hey 7,187
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 32 min Princess Hey 8,137
pcagw 44 min Smut Ad 25
ANE News paper 49 min Simple 54
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 33,954

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages