OK Lets talk about dirty filthy homes

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
a little country

Winchester, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Well... I have a daughter in law that lives in a fine home....and it is filthy...now just what is a mother-in-law to do?? Clean when they go visit?? not clean...keep my mouth shut..open my mouth..MY Son was not raised this way..How they find their clothes is beyond me..they are thrown everywhere..and I mean everywhere...I know what most of you will say..STAY OUT OF IT.....I try and try but want to get up and just clean the damn place up...for Gods sake.... how can someone just set there with every thing and dirt eveywhere..HELP!!! and besides that my son has to iron his own shirts to wear to work...Ok.... now you say.... what is wrong with that...NOTHING!! I say because he does everything from washing clothes... taking care of the kids, sweeping the house, mowing ....EVERYTHING!!! While Ms.Priss struts around like life is all all about HER....I would wipe up the sink area and counter but the rag smells like it hasn't been washed in a MILLION YEARS!!! I think I know what you all will say....BUT..... comments PLEASE!!!!
sounds like me

Teaberry, KY

#2 Jun 21, 2010
i dont have kids so i just dont do it..i was not raised like that either we washed walls everyday and stemed cleaned the carpets 4 times a week. but now i do, do his laundry and fold them cause he does work but if we or I had kids i wouldnt be so lazy..& Im not making excuses but i am sick and tired a lot i had mesothelomia @ 5 yrs old and now im only 26 but it has raveged my body chemo and radiation an all the med's they gave me i also use the dishwasher so maybe just get them one of those for christmas surely if im not to lazy to use mine she wont be to lazy to use her's i mean she has kids to think of!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Bless you "Sounds Like Me" You have had a struggle in life many don't have to face.
MoM

Elkhorn City, KY

#4 Jun 21, 2010
a little country wrote:
Well... I have a daughter in law that lives in a fine home....and it is filthy...now just what is a mother-in-law to do?? Clean when they go visit?? not clean...keep my mouth shut..open my mouth..MY Son was not raised this way..How they find their clothes is beyond me..they are thrown everywhere..and I mean everywhere...I know what most of you will say..STAY OUT OF IT.....I try and try but want to get up and just clean the damn place up...for Gods sake.... how can someone just set there with every thing and dirt eveywhere..HELP!!! and besides that my son has to iron his own shirts to wear to work...Ok.... now you say.... what is wrong with that...NOTHING!! I say because he does everything from washing clothes... taking care of the kids, sweeping the house, mowing ....EVERYTHING!!! While Ms.Priss struts around like life is all all about HER....I would wipe up the sink area and counter but the rag smells like it hasn't been washed in a MILLION YEARS!!! I think I know what you all will say....BUT..... comments PLEASE!!!!
I know what you are saying.I have the same problem guess they never learn to be housewives..I just try to stay away...
Tired of pushy ppl

Richmond, KY

#5 Jun 21, 2010
"a little country"..sounds like you just need to get a life of your own. Your child is grown, and if he has no problem living in filth...then fine. Don't go visit, let them come to you. There comes a point where you MUST cut the apron strings.
a little country

Winchester, KY

#6 Jun 21, 2010
Trust me I HAVE cut the apron strings..I didn't go see them for a LOOOOOG time..and guess what it was all turned on me..I was mad or someting else was wrong.... why don't I come visit..and did they come see me?? ya at Christmas for about one hour..so no matter if you kiss everyones ass or do nothing at all it turns out to be THE MOTHER-IN-LAWS FAULT!!!!!!! I really think she does this just to plain PISS me off. cause she knows deep down it bothers me.....
I can understand

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jun 21, 2010
a little country wrote:
I have no clue of your situation, but do you know all the facts? I was raised to keep a clean house. So, I keep a clean house. I became a stay at home mom, and my husband works.

My child is now 7, but when he was 3 I went through depression. It took everything in me to take a shower. If I had an outing to attend, it took me a week to prepare. Most people didn't know what was going on. My house stayed a mess for months. My husband had to do everything.

I hid the situation from everyone. When I was home, I cried for hours. But put on a happy face around everyone.

I am not taking up for your daughter-in-law, but you may not know what is going on. Or she could be down right lazy!
Donna

Pikeville, KY

#8 Jun 21, 2010
you know its just plain an simple they both are to blame him for allowing her to be so nasty an her for being to dam sorry to clean thier home my dad always taught us girls you know how a lady keeps her body by her home so go figure yuk nasty homes makes me sick i hate it when i see wo0men tht sty on the internet all day long an thier home filthy if this hits some of my neighbors then its been a blessing in deguise
kory

Richmond, KY

#9 Jun 21, 2010
tell your son to put a boot up her a$$..
a little country

Winchester, KY

#10 Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for the comment..I appreciate that a lot..she does not appear depressed ... it just seems to be all about her....They both work.... she works two or three days a week .he works everyday..she always works especially on weekends so he can keep the kids..I know it must be about paying a sitter it is expensive....So now she has my son convinced that seeing that they both work that is the excuse for the dirty house. So they pay a day care 1000.00 dollars a month even if the kids are not there..SOOOO wouldn't it make more sense to work all week and both of them have the weekend to do the work around the house.... I know you all think I am a bitch..just venting thats all I know I can't change anything.....by the way there are three children.
just wishing

Elkhorn City, KY

#11 Jun 21, 2010
a little country wrote:
listen marie barone, why dont u cut the apron strings already and get your tit outta your sons mouth and let him grow the hell up, maybe he should get off his sorry old pampered puss ass and help his wife out around the house once in awhile, instead of being a needy cry baby titty boy
just wishing

Elkhorn City, KY

#12 Jun 21, 2010
Donna wrote:
you know its just plain an simple they both are to blame him for allowing her to be so nasty an her for being to dam sorry to clean thier home my dad always taught us girls you know how a lady keeps her body by her home so go figure yuk nasty homes makes me sick i hate it when i see wo0men tht sty on the internet all day long an thier home filthy if this hits some of my neighbors then its been a blessing in deguise
sounds like your dad was an old perv

“Love me an ice cold Dasani!”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Jun 21, 2010
a little country wrote:
I have several things to say about this. If your son and daughter want to live in filth, that is their choice. However, if they have children, they don't have a choice in the matter. I would call social services, and explain that they are not bad people, they work alot, not sure if the daughter-in-law is depressed or not, but that she need a kick in the butt to get her up and get the house cleaning.

I have been depressed also, and it took everything in me for days to even take a shower. That doesn't sound like what is going on here. Granted both of them work, and when both work, and they do have children, the house will get messy. That does not mean that the children have to live in filth though. There is a difference in filth and messy.

Before you do make a drastic move, think about what is your filthy, and what is her messy. It's different things to different people. It may just be cluttered to her. Is there plates in the kitchen with molded food on them? Is there piles of garbage throughout the home that it makes it hard to walk? Is there flies and other rodents and their feces in the home? Are there maggots in the home?

Or, are there just clothes lying around, kids toys lying around, dishes from yesterday, things like that?

Take everything into consideration. Best wishes to you.
hmmmm

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jun 21, 2010
you say your son wasn't raised that way but maybe she hasn't been taught how to keep house. I wasn't taught to keep a clean house but you could eat off my floors...my sister on the other hand, ickkkk..people are just different, I don't think some people realize that their home is dirty.
truly disappointed

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jun 21, 2010
if i went to my sons house and it was filthy i would ask his wife if she had been sick and if she replied no it would not be a pretty site i would ask him why he put up with it and if he wanted to live like that for the rest of his life but absolutely under no circumstances would i pick up one piece of laundry dirty dish or iron a shirt for a woman who was not sick but strutted around the house like a diva no how no way
a little country wrote:
ewwweeeee

Elkhorn City, KY

#16 Jun 21, 2010
hmmmm wrote:
you say your son wasn't raised that way but maybe she hasn't been taught how to keep house. I wasn't taught to keep a clean house but you could eat off my floors...my sister on the other hand, ickkkk..people are just different, I don't think some people realize that their home is dirty.
me and my sister are the same, i dont clean much but she is a clean freak, my house isnt filthy, but i dont go around six hours a day with a mop bucket and a bottle of windex either,,,i think the mom needs to back off and live in her own house, probably shes just one of those moms who did everything for her son and thought his wife would also
keep away

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Jun 21, 2010
ewwweeeee wrote:
<quoted text>me and my sister are the same, i dont clean much but she is a clean freak, my house isnt filthy, but i dont go around six hours a day with a mop bucket and a bottle of windex either,,,i think the mom needs to back off and live in her own house, probably shes just one of those moms who did everything for her son and thought his wife would also
its hard to stay out of your kids business,but sometimes its for the best,offer help if they need it if not let them be.it will work its self out.
a daughter in law

Pikeville, KY

#18 Jun 21, 2010
Well, I am married to an only child. God help me, nothing is good enough for that MONSTER-IN-LAW..My house has been almost totally spotless and that witch has reached down & picked up a tiny piece of lint sticking to my carpet...If my house is very clean, she acts like I am obsessed with cleaning & I slave the children. If it's a little dirty, then she acts like I am a nasty-ass that is too lazy to move...So, no matter what, that thing has a negatvie opinion of me & my house. For a little country: Honey, some women could care less how their house looks. They don't care if the dishes stick to the furniture, they don't care if the clothes are stacked to the ceiling, they don't care at all how it looks or even if other people see it...And if they can afford that much for day care, they really need to hire a housekeeper for a couple of days a week. And hopefully when your son gets tired of living like that, he will do something to make his ( and the children's )life a little better. The children absolutely do not deserve to live like that, but I would think long and hard before calling Social Services. If your son somehow found out it was you who reported them, it could ruin any relationship the two of you have.
a little country

Winchester, KY

#19 Jun 21, 2010
No no no!!!1 you are all wrong ....I know I am not better than anyone...Yes I took care of my kids... gave them the Best I could....and no I didn't buy them Beemers....they had what I could afford... this is not about that. As the other post stated some peoples mess is anothers dirty..I understand it all. I just can't for the life of me figure out WHY people live like this thats all. AS Dasinii stated are there feces in the home NO...molded plates NO.just that it looks like a frat house that hasn't been cleaned in a good year thats all.Filthy smuged windows.door handles covered in grime..stinky trash... junk laying all over the counters.... closets with clothes everywhere on the floor... in every room.... house smells like a dog...kinda knocks you in the face when you walk in..So that's it.I know you all think I am a bitch but I'm not... just need your input and Thank You.....
tallel tale

Elkhorn City, KY

#20 Jun 21, 2010
a daughter in law wrote:
Well, I am married to an only child. God help me, nothing is good enough for that MONSTER-IN-LAW..My house has been almost totally spotless and that witch has reached down & picked up a tiny piece of lint sticking to my carpet...If my house is very clean, she acts like I am obsessed with cleaning & I slave the children. If it's a little dirty, then she acts like I am a nasty-ass that is too lazy to move...So, no matter what, that thing has a negatvie opinion of me & my house. For a little country: Honey, some women could care less how their house looks. They don't care if the dishes stick to the furniture, they don't care if the clothes are stacked to the ceiling, they don't care at all how it looks or even if other people see it...And if they can afford that much for day care, they really need to hire a housekeeper for a couple of days a week. And hopefully when your son gets tired of living like that, he will do something to make his ( and the children's )life a little better. The children absolutely do not deserve to live like that, but I would think long and hard before calling Social Services. If your son somehow found out it was you who reported them, it could ruin any relationship the two of you have.
why does everyone always want to call social services,it will only ruin all their reputations,and all their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min ChromiuMan 149,687
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 20 min Hatti_Hollerand 7,564
Word Association (Aug '11) 36 min bi guy 6,912
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 37 min bi guy 25,619
$2.5Million at What Rate and Fee? 38 min Say WHAT 9
Paul Patton wont allow rebel flags at UPIKE (Jul '15) 49 min texas pete 118
the Bitches of the PMC Parking Garage 1 hr pmcparker 1

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages