Elkhorn City, KY

#104 Jun 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Which God?
There is only one God.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#105 Jun 11, 2013
You said "When I finally got to their "proof" it was the most convoluted outright lie I've ever read."...By what standard do you appeal to, to know this was a "lie"? A lie is the oppisite of truth. How do you account for absolute truth in your world view?
You said "if.. and it's a BIG IF their logic was sound (which it's not), it would be an admittance of a God." ..... Lets look at the laws of logic: 1.) They are universal, 2.) They are immaterial (not made of matter) and 3.) They do not change. Interestingly enough, The God of scripture is 1.) Universal 2.) Is not made of matter,3.) And He does not change. Logic fits perfectly with the christian world view. According to the athiestic world view we are living in a world that is only made of matter, and it is constantly changing. How do you get universal laws that forbid contradictions in a worldview like that? You said "of the roughly 28,000,000 deities mankind has invited, which one should be THE God?"... None of them. we don't need any "man made" gods. There is only ONE true God. You said "Outside of the bible, there's no proof that Jesus was a deity. The same can be said for all other religions and their scriptures."...If you would like to convert to one of those other religions I would be happy to refute you. You said "Seek EVIDENCE outside of holy doctrine and the story holds no weight."... Evidence assumes logic. Logic is only consistent with the God of scripture. Proof assumes logic and logic is only consistent with the God of scripture. Your world view is self refuted by the very logic and evidence that you demand.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#106 Jun 11, 2013
atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I had to answer differently at least twice as my "answers" just broke the site. When I finally got to their "proof" it was the most convoluted outright lie I've ever read.
If.. and it's a BIG IF their logic was sound (which it's not), it would be an admittance of a God. Now then... of the roughly 28,000,000 deities mankind has invited, which one should be THE God? Outside of the bible, there's no proof that Jesus was a deity. The same can be said for all other religions and their scriptures. Seek evidence outside of holy doctrine and the story holds no weight.
You said "When I finally got to their "proof" it was the most convoluted outright lie I've ever read."...By what standard do you appeal to, to know this was a "lie"? A lie is the oppisite of truth. How do you account for absolute truth in your world view?
You said "if.. and it's a BIG IF their logic was sound (which it's not), it would be an admittance of a God." ..... Lets look at the laws of logic: 1.) They are universal, 2.) They are immaterial (not made of matter) and 3.) They do not change. Interestingly enough, The God of scripture is 1.) Universal 2.) Is not made of matter,3.) And He does not change. Logic fits perfectly with the christian world view. According to the athiestic world view we are living in a world that is only made of matter, and it is constantly changing. How do you get universal laws that forbid contradictions in a worldview like that? You said "of the roughly 28,000,000 deities mankind has invited, which one should be THE God?"... None of them. we don't need any "man made" gods. There is only ONE true God. You said "Outside of the bible, there's no proof that Jesus was a deity. The same can be said for all other religions and their scriptures."...If you would like to convert to one of those other religions I would be happy to refute you. You said "Seek EVIDENCE outside of holy doctrine and the story holds no weight."... Evidence assumes logic. Logic is only consistent with the God of scripture. Proof assumes logic and logic is only consistent with the God of scripture. Your world view is self refuted by the very logic and evidence that you demand.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

#107 Jun 11, 2013
Brunette wrote:
You all are nutty! And no jealousy is not a sin! GOD is jealous God and you shouldn't have any other gods. Like I said before, we will be praying that you are ready when the world begins! It's not going to end, it's going to begin withHEAVENS GATES! For the sinners and non believers, it's going to end and it will be to late to change your mind. You'll see one day! Do you really that when you die, that you just die? And that's it? Have mercy on your soul is all I can say.
If you want people to believe what you are telling them, I would suggest you stop contradicting yourself. lol
Scales of Justice Indeed

Williamson, WV

#108 Jun 11, 2013
atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I had to answer differently at least twice as my "answers" just broke the site. When I finally got to their "proof" it was the most convoluted outright lie I've ever read.
If.. and it's a BIG IF their logic was sound (which it's not), it would be an admittance of a God. Now then... of the roughly 28,000,000 deities mankind has invited, which one should be THE God? Outside of the bible, there's no proof that Jesus was a deity. The same can be said for all other religions and their scriptures. Seek evidence outside of holy doctrine and the story holds no weight.
I've got a really good idea. Investigate God on your own. I fail to see why you come to a site such as this to make your assertions. We've all been where you are and had to find our own path and awaking to Gods reality. Every testimony is different. If you decide to be an atheist, so be it. As a God believing Christian, it is my thought that you are called to the knowledge of God. But I can assure you that you will not influence those of us who know and love the Lord and follow his teachings. There have been many hard core atheist who have set out to disprove God and The Bible( his word) and have been completely turned over to God. C.S. Lewis is noteworthy for actually proving God while attempting to disprove. You may want to start here with Mere Christianity and Surprised by Joy.. God bless you.
atheist

Harold, KY

#109 Jun 12, 2013
Scales of Justice Indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a really good idea. Investigate God on your own. I fail to see why you come to a site such as this to make your assertions. We've all been where you are and had to find our own path and awaking to Gods reality. Every testimony is different. If you decide to be an atheist, so be it. As a God believing Christian, it is my thought that you are called to the knowledge of God. But I can assure you that you will not influence those of us who know and love the Lord and follow his teachings. There have been many hard core atheist who have set out to disprove God and The Bible( his word) and have been completely turned over to God. C.S. Lewis is noteworthy for actually proving God while attempting to disprove. You may want to start here with Mere Christianity and Surprised by Joy.. God bless you.
I've investigated for years on my own. In the end, I can't see how anyone could believe in any of the Gods man has created over the years, but that's just my opinion. I don't make it a point to try to oppress others, but at the same time, I refuse to be treated w/ hatred. I feel I have to make assertions b/c if I don't, who will? I mean, look at the first post that started all this:
It makes me sick. How can you not?! All we can do is pray for these ppl. The devil is controlling them!
And then look at... ANY of "ONE GOD"s posts. Venomous hate speech hiding behind a message of love. I know enough about Christianity to know if there was a Jesus, he'd be sick to his stomach at ppl who represent his name in this fashion.

We live in a country that guarantees freedom of religion, but the other side of that coin is freedom FROM religion. I refuse to be made to feel like a 2nd class citizen and have ppl who believe as I do berated b/c I refuse to put my faith in things that I don't believe in.
in my opinion

Paintsville, KY

#110 Jun 12, 2013
athiest should be burned
atheist

Harold, KY

#111 Jun 12, 2013
in my opinion wrote:
athiest should be burned
Thanks for proving my point.
Scales of Justice Indeed

Williamson, WV

#112 Jun 12, 2013
atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point.
OK, no offense is intended, but Christians do in fact think that atheists will burn. That is if they do not repent before the afterlife. Who really knows the thoughts man has just prior to death, but I would guess there are no atheist at this point. I believe God has allowed some this experience so they may testify. I believe God makes his presence loud and clear. I pray my God will bless you in your search.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#113 Jun 12, 2013
(Atheist) I apologise if you thought that my posts were venomous hate speeches. I assure you that was not my intention. I do this because I sincerely care about your soul. I will be the first to admit to you that outside of Christ I am a wicked,vile, filthy person who saw myself as I really was and was simply shown grace that I did not earn or deserve. I saw my life change as I let Christ live through me. God calls His followers to Warn of His wrath to come because that is what we deserve. God is not only as some say loving, but He is also a Holy and Just God. The bible also speaks about the nature of man. Man is indeed a fallen creature. A biblical phrase would be "dead in their sins." They do not know God, They do not want God, their will is bent against the reign of God. The greatest problem in scripture is this...If God is truly just, then how can a just God forgive wicked men, and still be just? As we know in a court of law in America, the things we are always complaining about is a judge who does not do justice. If a judge lets a criminal go, He's considered himself a criminal. In proverbs 17:15 God says just that, that a man who justifies the wicked is wicked or an abomination before God, and yet the bible says God justifies the wicked. So again, the great question is how can God justify wicked men and still be just? The answer is found in the cross of Jesus Christ. God becomes a man. The son of God walks on this earth as God and man. According to the predetermined plan of God He goes to the cross. On the cross he bares the sins of men and then He cries out "My God, My God Why have you forsaken me?" In that moment, The Father turns away from His only begotten Son, because His only begotten Son has become sin on our behalf,(or He stood in our law place),and then something that most people do not understand is this...when Jesus was on that cross, He suffered the Wrath of All Mighty God! Many people think that because the romans nailed Jesus to a cross and they beat Him that the suffering inflicted upon Jesus by the hands of men somehow paid for our sin, and that is not true,although that was part of it. Our sins where paid for because when Jesus was on that cross He bore our sins, all the wrath of a Holy and Just God fell upon His Son, and as it says in scripture "It pleased God to crush Him." Someone had to die,separated from God. Someone had to die under the wrath of God to satisfy His justice, and on that cross is what Jesus did. Before He died he cried out "it is finished" and it is finished indeed, because He paid for all of our crimes against God, He satisfied justice. Now a just God can forgive and justify unrighteous men because He has atoned for their sin Himself. Jesus Christ did that when He died and then He was raised for, or because of our justification and that means the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is Gods seal that the death of His Son did indeed satisfy justice. Having raised from the dead, Jesus is ascended to the right hand of the Father and God calls ALL men everywhere to repent of their sins, to turn from their fighting against Him, to acknowledge their crimes before Him, to give up all hope of their own good works for salvation, and to throw themselves upon Christ. Salvation is a free gift, and it is by faith.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#114 Jun 12, 2013
in my opinion wrote:
athiest should be burned
Actually, I'd rather that NO ONE burn actually, even enemies and vile people to be honest and I know that sounds crazy but think about what we are saying. Can we truly grasp, imagine, or understand the actual concepts of Eternity and Damnation (or Hell)? I don't think we can even begin to understand those let alone Heaven, Peace and the "nirvana" we shall obtain by Grace should we obtain eternity in Heaven. That said though I have read and studied the Word of God extensively as have many others and it makes it clear that many people will reject Jesus Christ and/or be deceived by whatever means and ultimately garner Damnation and it's sorrowful when you think about it. People will CHOOSE to be sentenced to an infinity of spiritual torment when they do not have to accept that and once that happens it will never end for them, nor will they ever get even a chance to escape that fate. Even of equal concern is that everything I have read and studied seems to lead me to believe that not MANY souls shall reach Heaven to begin with for despite what many Preachers or Christians claim, it takes MORE than just belief in Christ to get
there for, to quote scripture "Even the devils believe.." and empty lipservice is not going to cut it come Judgement. And there is my point actually, the belief that God Almighty and God ALONE shall determine who is Saved and whom is Damned.."He" and NO ONE else so we should not pretend to know the mind of God and what His Will shall be upon that day. God's Word instructs that by
whatever means we judge others that so shall WE be judged by that same measure so that is saying
that when we condemn others for whatever reasons or fault then we shall also be judged by that
very condemnation.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#116 Jun 22, 2013
i find humor in how the christian community condemns any non believer or follower to hell when in fact i know not one single person that lives by the rules and regulations set forth by the so called "good" book. until i seen a real christian actually follow the rules of their god i will never have any reason to believe any of it. i challenge any and all of the self proclaimed christians to prove to me that they truly believe and that they feel that if they are following gods laws that god will see to it that they are not superseded by mens laws on the final outcome of the situation. so heres the chance for any of u that follow the "good" book to show and prove just how much u love God and Jesus. just respond here and ill use only the scriptures and rules from your bible and then we will see just how much u really believe or just if u use it for the social stigma u get from being part of the group. and in turn i will accept any challenge u have that u think will show me the truth and the light and lead me to gods glory. any takers? only rule is u have to use only scriptures from your bible. lets see just how many are true followers now.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#117 Jun 22, 2013
what wrote:
i find humor in how the christian community condemns any non believer or follower to hell when in fact i know not one single person that lives by the rules and regulations set forth by the so called "good" book. until i seen a real christian actually follow the rules of their god i will never have any reason to believe any of it. i challenge any and all of the self proclaimed christians to prove to me that they truly believe and that they feel that if they are following gods laws that god will see to it that they are not superseded by mens laws on the final outcome of the situation. so heres the chance for any of u that follow the "good" book to show and prove just how much u love God and Jesus. just respond here and ill use only the scriptures and rules from your bible and then we will see just how much u really believe or just if u use it for the social stigma u get from being part of the group. and in turn i will accept any challenge u have that u think will show me the truth and the light and lead me to gods glory. any takers? only rule is u have to use only scriptures from your bible. lets see just how many are true followers now.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9) "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law." (Rom. 3:20, 28) "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#118 Jun 23, 2013
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9) "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law." (Rom. 3:20, 28) "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)
i see your scripture but i dont understand how that is gonna help make anyone believe anything. i notice u didnt ask for my challenge to u, but i will tell u it will involve u killing either a gay person or someone workin on the sabboth, so how about it, are u a real christian or what? u want to take a moment to serve your god the way he thinks u should be serving him or do u wanna keep on being the hypocrit that christians have lowered themselves to thru the years.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#119 Jun 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
i see your scripture but i dont understand how that is gonna help make anyone believe anything. i notice u didnt ask for my challenge to u, but i will tell u it will involve u killing either a gay person or someone workin on the sabboth, so how about it, are u a real christian or what? u want to take a moment to serve your god the way he thinks u should be serving him or do u wanna keep on being the hypocrit that christians have lowered themselves to thru the years.
////"i see your scripture but i dont understand how that is gonna help make anyone believe anything."//// There is no need for me to make anyone believe something they already know. "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them." (Romans 1:18-19)////" i notice u didnt ask for my challenge to u, but i will tell u it will involve u killing either a gay person or someone workin on the sabboth, so how about it, are u a real christian or what? u want to take a moment to serve your god the way he thinks u should be serving him or do u wanna keep on being the hypocrit that christians have lowered themselves to thru the years."//// The verses I gave you refutes your argument. We are not saved,nor bound by laws. We are saved by faith "apart from the deeds of the law." (Romans 3:28) "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." (Romans 6:14) So if your argument is that I'm not working to keep the laws...YOU WIN! Because you're right ..I'm not, I am saved apart from the deeds of those laws. Christians are commanded to bare good fruit, but christians don't bare fruit to BE SAVED, We bare fruit because we ARE SAVED. Laws were given to show sin, not to forgive them. The law leads us to Christ because it shows us that NO ONE can keep them because God's standards are so far above our own. It shows our desperate need of a savior. "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." (Galations 3:24)

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#120 Jun 24, 2013
Belief does not actually come by hearing despite the power of the Personal Testimony of each and every Believer. No, true belief and ultimately Faith itself is obtained by personal EXPERIENCE I believe. I grew up in The Church most of my younger life but God was no more real to me than Santa Clause and it was not until years later, after untold trials and tribulations, that I came to experience and learn that God is as real as anything else we perceive as such. It was not until I earnestly sought God, until I prayed and pro- actively became involved that I experienced things, events, etc. that were clearly the works of a very real, living God and once a person experiences such they can never honestly deny God's existence ever again. It is said that one's spirit shall bear witness to the Truth and that is exactly what happens once someone has been awakened to God's reality.
Retired Farmer

Marion, KY

#122 Jun 24, 2013
A lot more people believe in God than believe in religion. Unfortunately a lot of religious people equate disagreement with their concept of God, which like all concepts of God is created in the human mind, with disbelief in God.
Scales of Justice Indeed

Williamson, WV

#125 Jun 24, 2013
what wrote:
This entry/post isn't valid to Christians as our Bible teaches us to honor authority. Yes, that means to show respect to people in places of authority. Although, I am not happy with some of our laws and lawmakers, President, congress, police officers, etc. I am conscious of disrespect since studying Gods law regarding honor. So you see, Gods law is first. He said, the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and so it is. True followers are just that, true followers. There is no other truth. Your debate is fruitless. It is my prayer that you may be reconciled to truth. God bless you (may he meet all your needs).
Scales of Justice Indeed

Williamson, WV

#126 Jun 24, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
Belief does not actually come by hearing despite the power of the Personal Testimony of each and every Believer. No, true belief and ultimately Faith itself is obtained by personal EXPERIENCE I believe. I grew up in The Church most of my younger life but God was no more real to me than Santa Clause and it was not until years later, after untold trials and tribulations, that I came to experience and learn that God is as real as anything else we perceive as such. It was not until I earnestly sought God, until I prayed and pro- actively became involved that I experienced things, events, etc. that were clearly the works of a very real, living God and once a person experiences such they can never honestly deny God's existence ever again. It is said that one's spirit shall bear witness to the Truth and that is exactly what happens once someone has been awakened to God's reality.
Belief does not come from hearing, but faith does. The Bible says belief comes as follows: Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#127 Jun 24, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
Please don't take this as being harsh or unkind because I'm responding as humbley as I know how with a heart of love. I don't believe that a person comes to know God is real through personal experience, because thats not scriptual, and if thats the case, then God's reality would be dependant on subjective feelings. The scriptures teach that all people know there is a God, but some supress the truth because they love their sin. All people know that God exists because He has revealed it to each of us in such ways that we can know it for certain. He reveals Himself innately, through creation, through His word, through logic, through reason....... many different ways. So I think that it would be more correct and biblical to say it was later in your life that you submited to the truth that God was real. Belief comes from God, faith comes through hearing, and hearing by the word of God.("For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.")("So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min The Apostle 19,958
cuba for all 7 min tato 5
What do you think of Dr. Narola? (Dec '12) 8 min Iaintfncrazy 18
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 16 min Mildred 28
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 22 min EPA 23
VAnderbeck writes yet another editorial in favo... 26 min AEP rookery 6
Pikeville Medical Center 41 min CrazyWorld 1
Have any coal miner's heard from Mitch McConnell? 3 hr Demoncrat 110
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 5 hr Say What 39
Pikeville Dating