what

Elkhorn City, KY

#22 Mar 16, 2013
Sorry wrote:
So if there is no god, tell me were did we come from, are we hairless apes, or are our ancestors ancient aliens, or did we fly in on an asteroid and evolve from the oceans. What's your answer.
we came from evolution over of millions of years. as far as what created the first organism ever, we do not know. its ok to say i dont know instead of makin up a story and then sayin u know its the truth. so since u know it is the truth tell us where your god came from, what created him? and if all u got is god is the alpha an omega and has always existed then i can say that the universe is the alpha and omega and has always been. why is it your god can break all the rules of creation but we cant? this is the question i been wantin to know the answer to, and please dont just make up some crazy story from the bible cuz the bible said thing uz the bible holds absolutely no weight with me. its just an old fiction book from what i can tell dfrom reading it, it shows no special power over the koran or any other religious text in the world.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23 Mar 16, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
we came from evolution over of millions of years. as far as what created the first organism ever, we do not know. its ok to say i dont know instead of makin up a story and then sayin u know its the truth. so since u know it is the truth tell us where your god came from, what created him? and if all u got is god is the alpha an omega and has always existed then i can say that the universe is the alpha and omega and has always been. why is it your god can break all the rules of creation but we cant? this is the question i been wantin to know the answer to, and please dont just make up some crazy story from the bible cuz the bible said thing uz the bible holds absolutely no weight with me. its just an old fiction book from what i can tell dfrom reading it, it shows no special power over the koran or any other religious text in the world.
http://www.godvine.com/Duck-Dynasty-Faith-fb-...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24 Mar 16, 2013
If God is your answer to anything we cannot yet understand, then that's ok. We used to not understand lightning, so we said god did it. Now we have the science of meteorology and know where lightning comes from. We used to not understand the movement of stars and planets in the sky, so we said it was god. Then we learned math and astronomy and now we understand why the sky looks like it does. We used to not know about viruses and bacteria, so when people died of infection, we thought it was gods will. Then we developed the sciences of icrobiology and immunology and learned Ohio these things really occur.

There are things we still don't understand, and if you want to claim those as god's domain, that's fine, because you just defined your god as an ever-receding pocket of ignorance.
justice

Pikeville, KY

#25 Mar 16, 2013
Sorry wrote:
So if there is no god, tell me were did we come from, are we hairless apes, or are our ancestors ancient aliens, or did we fly in on an asteroid and evolve from the oceans. What's your answer.
Somethings just dont have answers, its arrogant to say you know but in truth you dont. Im sorry your guys answer that god made heaven and hell is just as likely as me saying that a giant turtle laid an egg that had the first man and woman
Brunette

Ivel, KY

#26 Mar 16, 2013
So what do you believe after death?and why is it that these so called scientist can't figure out the other 2% of a humans DNA but yet they know 100% what an ape is made of?!
Brunette

Ivel, KY

#27 Mar 16, 2013
In not trying to force anything on you I'm just trying to figure you out and find out what the atheist side believes. the fairy tales of the bible to you equals your claims to me.
Brunette

Ivel, KY

#28 Mar 16, 2013
One more thing, what is so bad about the Christian life?i want to hear your opinion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29 Mar 16, 2013
Brunette wrote:
So what do you believe after death?and why is it that these so called scientist can't figure out the other 2% of a humans DNA but yet they know 100% what an ape is made of?!
Actually, us scientists have sequenced 100% of the human genome, not 98%. And even if there are still mysteries to solve, the default answer is "let's try to figure it out", not " god did it".

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#30 Mar 16, 2013
Brunette wrote:
One more thing, what is so bad about the Christian life?i want to hear your opinion.
it is an excuse, that is what is wrong with it. Instead of taking responsibility for the ills of society, Christianity and other religions allow us to simply say god will take care of it. But god doesn't take care of it. Religion causes us to waste time praying to something that isn't there instead of rolling up our sleeves and solving problems. Religion has caused our country to fall further and further behind the rest of the world in science education because of the time wasted having to overcome the anti-science dogma of fundamentalists. Religion has allowed certain regions of our country to justify bigotry and the oppression of women.
Sorry

Pikeville, KY

#31 Mar 16, 2013
unicorns wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, us scientists have sequenced 100% of the human genome, not 98%. And even if there are still mysteries to solve, the default answer is "let's try to figure it out", not " god did it".
Explain it to me then, the other 2 percent.
Alright

Pikeville, KY

#32 Mar 16, 2013
unicorns wrote:
<quoted text> it is an excuse, that is what is wrong with it. Instead of taking responsibility for the ills of society, Christianity and other religions allow us to simply say god will take care of it. But god doesn't take care of it. Religion causes us to waste time praying to something that isn't there instead of rolling up our sleeves and solving problems. Religion has caused our country to fall further and further behind the rest of the world in science education because of the time wasted having to overcome the anti-science dogma of fundamentalists. Religion has allowed certain regions of our country to justify bigotry and the oppression of women.
So what your saying is it is just an excuse to live as a good person, so we all should embrace sex, drugs rock n roll and just do what we please. For you, you had better pray, we'll nevermind that, instead you Bette keep hoping or in your case knowing there is no god. As for saying God will take care of it is not true, as a human you have a choice, and yes when the time comes God will sort it out. But I guess for the ones of us who evolved, we will be ok, since we are hairless apes and all, and we just didn't know better.
KELLERMAN

Harrod, OH

#33 Mar 16, 2013
Brunette wrote:
One more thing, what is so bad about the Christian life?i want to hear your opinion.
The people who brought us Jim and Tammy baker, Pat Robinson, Jerry Fartwell and who could forget Olsten, haggie and Benny Hinn. I don't see anything wrong with being a Christian. My only problem is that these folks have become spoke persons for God. They misquote scripture and prey on those who aren't as educated as them and usually from poor backgrounds who are having problems and they buy in to the prayer for everything cure. If one wishes to become wealthy in this country than go to Theology school and start your own congregation or invest in television episodes, these folks make more than your doctors, attorneys, teachers and even plumbers and electricians. I feel they take advantage of the poor and those who perhaps aren't able to think for themselves.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#34 Mar 16, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain it to me then, the other 2 percent.
The difference between human and chimpanzee DNA lies in genes that regulate time of expression of genetic factors, so for instance, the genes that regulate our brain development are identical to theirs, however the genes that control when and for how long the brain develops is somewhat different, allowing our brains to develop more slowly but for a longer period. Our embryonic development occurs at a suppressed rate which makes us essentially prematurely born compared to other apes, allowing us to continue more neuronal development outside the womb at a time when our larger brains don't cause problems with child birth for our mothers.

Our genetic differences is more a difference of degree, not a difference of type.

But you're focused on the 2% differences, how about the 98% similarity? We have a closer genome to chimps than chimps have to gorillas.
Amen

Pikeville, KY

#35 Mar 16, 2013
Have you ever heard a wolf in sheepskin clothing, I agree most so called preachers pastures are misleading, and they will have their day of judgement just as you and I will. It is up to you to find a church who teaches the truth. My advice is to go to church and quit watching church tv.
Alright

Pikeville, KY

#36 Mar 16, 2013
unicorns wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between human and chimpanzee DNA lies in genes that regulate time of expression of genetic factors, so for instance, the genes that regulate our brain development are identical to theirs, however the genes that control when and for how long the brain develops is somewhat different, allowing our brains to develop more slowly but for a longer period. Our embryonic development occurs at a suppressed rate which makes us essentially prematurely born compared to other apes, allowing us to continue more neuronal development outside the womb at a time when our larger brains don't cause problems with child birth for our mothers.
Our genetic differences is more a difference of degree, not a difference of type.
But you're focused on the 2% differences, how about the 98% similarity? We have a closer genome to chimps than chimps have to gorillas.
If you want to think of yourself as a hairless ape/chip I'm not judging you, as for me I understand we're I came from, and for your sake I pray one day you will too.
WOW

Williamson, WV

#37 Mar 16, 2013
quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
It is much more than that for those that believe.
Yes, its everything.
justice

Pikeville, KY

#38 Mar 17, 2013
Alright wrote:
<quoted text>So what your saying is it is just an excuse to live as a good person, so we all should embrace sex, drugs rock n roll and just do what we please. For you, you had better pray, we'll nevermind that, instead you Bette keep hoping or in your case knowing there is no god. As for saying God will take care of it is not true, as a human you have a choice, and yes when the time comes God will sort it out. But I guess for the ones of us who evolved, we will be ok, since we are hairless apes and all, and we just didn't know better.
You just dont get it not all atheist, agonstics, etc do that. Not all christians are good either i know plenty of you guys that embrace the lifestyle you claim.

You have a brain, use bloody common sense, or the 10 commandments either way its the same thing.

Im agonstic, i dont drink, smoke, do drugs, and maybe sex 2 to 4 times a month. I always donate to nonchristian charities when i can, and live a boring life. So your assumption is wrong.

Its your life, you make the choices, you put the work in, you have the tools in life, i dont need fiction to tell me things that any person with a brain can get

“THE END OF THE AGE”

Since: Feb 13

1 JOHN 2:18

#39 Mar 17, 2013
Unbelievers are fools (The Bible's proclamation) who deceive themselves into their acceptance of the philosophies of what's called the "spirit of rebellion" or better known as The Spirit Of Anti-Christ for they deny God's existence for all intents and purposes. Instead, they choose to be Idolaters who idolize their own opinions and supposed
"intellect" over that of God and His Word/Truth. In short, the Unbeliever thinks they somehow know everything and are the be all, end all say-so authority out of their own arrogance and self-deception.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#40 Mar 17, 2013
CROSS LOGIC wrote:
Unbelievers are fools (The Bible's proclamation) who deceive themselves into their acceptance of the philosophies of what's called the "spirit of rebellion" or better known as The Spirit Of Anti-Christ for they deny God's existence for all intents and purposes. Instead, they choose to be Idolaters who idolize their own opinions and supposed
"intellect" over that of God and His Word/Truth. In short, the Unbeliever thinks they somehow know everything and are the be all, end all say-so authority out of their own arrogance and self-deception.
Tan was reared by Catholic Priests.

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#41 Mar 17, 2013
CROSS LOGIC wrote:
Unbelievers are fools (The Bible's proclamation) who deceive themselves into their acceptance of the philosophies of what's called the "spirit of rebellion" or better known as The Spirit Of Anti-Christ for they deny God's existence for all intents and purposes. Instead, they choose to be Idolaters who idolize their own opinions and supposed
"intellect" over that of God and His Word/Truth. In short, the Unbeliever thinks they somehow know everything and are the be all, end all say-so authority out of their own arrogance and self-deception.
Amen, Cross Logic. It's a ploy they convince themselves of so they can try to escape the
conviction of their own Sin..to tell themselves there is no Ultimate Authority that they
"may" have to answer to someday. There is NO "may" to it..we ALL shall!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 19 min Jen 22,971
Why Is Pikeville Gas So High, Pikeville Gas Nee... 44 min Hisrule 4
Pikeville Airport Board 50 min Not Me 8
PMC Affairs 57 min Friends 14
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 58 min Clint Eastwood 21,658
The May Administration 1 hr Coyote 7
Commons Apartments 1 hr Hisrule 148
jaunita deskins 7 hr jimmyboi 16
Charles Baird & Hugh B. Hall Fleecing of a Ticket 10 hr robo judging 65
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST

NBC Sports 3:15AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl