Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#342 Jul 3, 2013
"Repent for denying the God you know exists."

You repent now to the invisible gremlin under your bed. He's pissed because Yahweh didn't shine his shoes.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> Your making knowledge claims about me again. living in a world view with NO certainties with no way to know anything for certain is ALL FAITH. You are wasting time going on with your debate, because a person who has given up knowledge can not justify the tools needed to even examine the topic, much less debate it. Repent for denying the God you know exists.

Location hidden

#343 Jul 3, 2013
Bla bla bla...where's the evidence for your invisible friend?
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> Can you justify that you know anything?
Heretic

West Union, OH

#344 Jul 3, 2013
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> Can you justify that you know anything?
I don't need to justify anything because I'm not trying to prove that which cannot be proven to anyone. Everything is questionable and nothing is unquestionably certain.

I do not confuse self induced and possibly delusinal beliefs with KNOWING the facts that no one else can KNOW either ...ya know?
Or do you only believe you KNOW?

There may be an answer for every possible question, but there are no truly difinitive answers because every answer only results in a number of new questions, and so it continues ad infinitum, down the rabbit hole with Alice!
ONE GOD

Pikeville, KY

#345 Jul 3, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"Repent for denying the God you know exists."
You repent now to the invisible gremlin under your bed. He's pissed because Yahweh didn't shine his shoes.
<quoted text>
Thank you for your time, but our discussion is over. You have given up knowledge.
ONE GOD

Pikeville, KY

#346 Jul 3, 2013
Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to justify anything because I'm not trying to prove that which cannot be proven to anyone. Everything is questionable and nothing is unquestionably certain.

Are you unquestionably certain of that sir?
Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not confuse self induced and possibly delusinal beliefs with KNOWING the facts that no one else can KNOW either ...ya know?
Do you know that? what is the basis for your knowledge?
Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
Or do you only believe you KNOW?
I,m not sure what youre asking if I know here.
Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be an answer for every possible question, but there are no truly difinitive answers because every answer only results in a number of new questions, and so it continues ad infinitum, down the rabbit hole with Alice!
Is that definately true?

Location hidden

#347 Jul 3, 2013
Your responses are not needed. I will continue to correct your absurdities.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for your time, but our discussion is over. You have given up knowledge.
Heretic

West Union, OH

#348 Jul 4, 2013
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you unquestionably certain of that sir?
Not 100%, but I do have a suspicion since you did just confirm it by questioning it again. But who can really be certain?

<quoted text> Do you know that? what is the basis for your knowledge?
I guess we can never really know for sure now can we, since one or both of us may just be delusional, but if that's the case how would we know?

<quoted text>
I,m not sure what youre asking if I know here.
See, that's just it! Are you sure you don't KNOW, or do you just believe that you're sure that you don't know?

<quoted text> Is that definately true?
See, yet another new question, that's a definite maybe!

This is all a perfect example of my whole point, that the constant debate over the existence or non-existence of God is a circular argument that can go on infinitely with no definitive answers.
It cannot be proven either way by any of us mortal human beings, so it is a tedious exercise in futility that no one can ever win.
It may be slightly amusing for awhile, but I have more important things to do than argue semantics all night.

Only an omnipotent diety could possibly prove their existence to us mere mortals, and even IF God did reveal himself to one person there's no way for them to prove it to another person, they can share their experience in hopes that someone will believe them.
But only the person who directly experiences the presence of God could KNOW it for a fact, without a doubt of his existence. Everyone else would just need to have "faith" and "believe" that the "chosen one" is not delusional, or just outright deceiving them. And it's not like that has ever happened before, has it?

I can't help but to find it extremely foolhardy to have that much blind faith without question in the words on another fallible human being, especially about something so important that you would base your entire worldview around it, and let it have total control over your life, all over something that may just be a fairy tale.
So unless God does ever reveal himself to me personally I have no choice but to remain a hopeful but skeptical Agnostic as the words of the other true believers are still just hearsay.
I do believe in the POSSIBILTY of God and I do hope that he will reveal himself to me someday IF he actually exists, but until then I'll continue to go on with my life and keep searching for as many answers to as many questions that I can, and patiently wait for some "miracle" that may never come.

Hey it could be worse, I could have been a shoe shining, pink two-headed Nihilist gremlin!
Lol
ONE GOD

Pikeville, KY

#350 Jul 4, 2013
Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe in the POSSIBILTY of God and I do hope that he will reveal himself to me someday IF he actually exists, but until then I'll continue to go on with my life and keep searching for as many answers to as many questions that I can, and patiently wait for some "miracle" that may never come.
Hey it could be worse, I could have been a shoe shining, pink two-headed Nihilist gremlin!
Lol
Just remember, it takes knowledge to say any of that. What is truth without God? How can knowledge be grounded apart fom him? How can one have justification for the logic and validity of senses it takes to make those statements?
Plus Gods Word says otherwise. That EVERYONE knows God exists. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them." Romans 1:18-19 If you will, with an open mind, think about that, you will see that God has revealed Himself to you just like He has everyone. He has revealed Himself innately, through creation, through scripture, through logic, through our ability to reason, through our ability to KNOW things, the uniformity in nature, our conscience.... He has revealed Himself in many ways. We couldn't even make sense of this or any conversation without God as our basis. Ask yourself "How do I know something is wrong if I don't know whats right? Could there ever a time that certain things are not wrong like raping children, or torturing people for fun.... We KNOW those things are wrong because we have a conscience.(Con = With +Science = Knowledge) Conscience literally means "with knowledge". Everyone knows God exists but some of us harden our hearts because we love our sin. Please repent (Change your mind/ Turn from) and put your trust in The one true God. "Repent! And turn from all your transgressions, so iniquity will not be your ruin.
Cast away from you all your transgressions, by which you have transgressed; and get a new heart and a new spirit. For why will you die? For I have no pleasure in the death of him who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn [from you evil ways] and live!" Ezekiel 18:30-32 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23 "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.." Acts 17:30 "If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." Romans 10:9-10 I will continue to pray for you all. God bless you.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#351 Jul 4, 2013
CMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Riot, of course gays can be Christians. Christ never condemned homosexuals, only in the Old Testament by the ancient Hebrews. Many enlightened churches welcome gays and accept them because they are practitioners of true Christian values....
Not likely and definitely a deception. An active Homosexual CANNOT be a Christian and that's that. Sure, they can attend church or go through the motions of prayer or other Christian practices but NONE of that actually makes them a Christian. The whole point of Repentance is to TURN AWAY from one's Sin and not indulge it again and someone practicing homosexuality CANNOT expect to be a valid Christian, especially seeing as how they are living a lifestyle that God Himself calls for the extermination of. Many of God's teachings forewarn of false, unsound doctrines infiltrating The Church at some time and becoming damnable heresies that will both
mislead and damn many for embracing and practicing and this BS of "Gay Christians" is definitely one of them. The whole lie has been cooked up to blur the lines of what is TRULY Righteous and what is not, to confuse the easily-confused minds of that that are not well-read on God's Word, and to infiltrate churches with New Age dogma and as we know, just a little leaven ruins the whole. Any church that accommodates deceits such as "Gay Christians" (not talking about gays that merely attend church mind you) is a church courting deception and flirting with damnation of it's congregation. Think of it like this: Can a Black Man attend enough KKK meetings to where he becomes a Klansman? That's no different than this insane falsehood that a Gay can become a Christian (without REPENTANCE and the turning away from their Homosexuality). No, sorry to break it you all but this "Gay Christian" BS is something dreamed up to alleviate Homosexuals guilt, shame, and conviction of their deplorable state and make themselves feel better about it.

Location hidden

#352 Jul 4, 2013
"Just remember, it takes knowledge to say any of that. What is truth without God?" There are thousands of gods. Good luck proving that your god is the correct one.

"How can knowledge be grounded apart fom him?" Your silly argument tail-spins into an infinite regress. If a god is needed for knowledge, what god does Yahweh base his knowledge on?

"Plus Gods Word says otherwise. That EVERYONE knows God exists." 1. What the Bible says about any important issue is irrelevant because it is a book of fairy tales. 2. There are plenty of people who have no belief in gods. They are called atheists.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> Just remember, it takes knowledge to say any of that. What is truth without God? How can knowledge be grounded apart fom him? How can one have justification for the logic and validity of senses it takes to make those statements?
Plus Gods Word says otherwise. That EVERYONE knows God exists. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them." Romans 1:18-19 If you will, with an open mind, think about that, you will see that God has revealed Himself to you just like He has everyone. He has revealed Himself innately, through creation, through scripture, through logic, through our ability to reason, through our ability to KNOW things, the uniformity in nature, our conscience.... He has revealed Himself in many ways. We couldn't even make sense of this or any conversation without God as our basis. Ask yourself "How do I know something is wrong if I don't know whats right? Could there ever a time that certain things are not wrong like raping children, or torturing people for fun.... We KNOW those things are wrong because we have a conscience.(Con = With +Science = Knowledge) Conscience literally means "with knowledge". Everyone knows God exists but some of us harden our hearts because we love our sin. Please repent (Change your mind/ Turn from) and put your trust in The one true God. "Repent! And turn from all your transgressions, so iniquity will not be your ruin.
Cast away from you all your transgressions, by which you have transgressed; and get a new heart and a new spirit. For why will you die? For I have no pleasure in the death of him who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn [from you evil ways] and live!" Ezekiel 18:30-32 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23 "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.." Acts 17:30 "If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." Romans 10:9-10 I will continue to pray for you all. God bless you.
Bren

Stanton, KY

#353 Jul 4, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely and definitely a deception. An active Homosexual CANNOT be a Christian and that's that. Sure, they can attend church or go through the motions of prayer or other Christian practices but NONE of that actually makes them a Christian. The whole point of Repentance is to TURN AWAY from one's Sin and not indulge it again and someone practicing homosexuality CANNOT expect to be a valid Christian, especially seeing as how they are living a lifestyle that God Himself calls for the extermination of. Many of God's teachings forewarn of false, unsound doctrines infiltrating The Church at some time and becoming damnable heresies that will both
mislead and damn many for embracing and practicing and this BS of "Gay Christians" is definitely one of them. The whole lie has been cooked up to blur the lines of what is TRULY Righteous and what is not, to confuse the easily-confused minds of that that are not well-read on God's Word, and to infiltrate churches with New Age dogma and as we know, just a little leaven ruins the whole. Any church that accommodates deceits such as "Gay Christians" (not talking about gays that merely attend church mind you) is a church courting deception and flirting with damnation of it's congregation. Think of it like this: Can a Black Man attend enough KKK meetings to where he becomes a Klansman? That's no different than this insane falsehood that a Gay can become a Christian (without REPENTANCE and the turning away from their Homosexuality). No, sorry to break it you all but this "Gay Christian" BS is something dreamed up to alleviate Homosexuals guilt, shame, and conviction of their deplorable state and make themselves feel better about it.
This is being a little judgmental, isn't it? If these sayings are in the Bible, post the chapter and verse for me, would you please.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but to declare an individual is not worthy to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and what makes anyone thing homosexuals have anything to have shame or guilt about? I'm sorry, but you are making derogatory statements about fellow human being--we are all children of God, regardless of color, creed, sexual orientation, etc., but don't take my word for it--I'm fairly certain somewhere in the King James Bible, there exists a statement like: Judge not, lest ye be judged. Yep, I'm almost certain of it.

Location hidden

#355 Jul 4, 2013
Read Lev. 20:13 and that should clear up any confusion about homosexuals' place in Christianity. Why would any self-respecting homosexual want to join a club that calls for his death?
Bren wrote:
<quoted text>
This is being a little judgmental, isn't it? If these sayings are in the Bible, post the chapter and verse for me, would you please.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but to declare an individual is not worthy to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and what makes anyone thing homosexuals have anything to have shame or guilt about? I'm sorry, but you are making derogatory statements about fellow human being--we are all children of God, regardless of color, creed, sexual orientation, etc., but don't take my word for it--I'm fairly certain somewhere in the King James Bible, there exists a statement like: Judge not, lest ye be judged. Yep, I'm almost certain of it.

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#356 Jul 4, 2013
Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

(Now at that time "abomination" meant anything idolatrous, unnatural,
rebellious against God, etc.)

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee...

Romans Chapter 1:23-27
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

1 Timothy Chapter 1:10 -
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

So we see many times that God judges Man's sinful, perversions such as
"vile affections" (for the same sex) or using the NATURAL use of their
sexuality and genitalia for "unnatural, unseemly, defilement, dishonorable.." as things that are animalistic, base, and beneath decent, God-fearing people.
Heretic

West Union, OH

#357 Jul 4, 2013
Well happy 4th of July everyone, Theists, Athiests, and Agnostics alike!

I'm going out of town for the weekend to hang out with some gremlin friends and and have a sacred cow and sacrificial lamb BBQ.
So you'll have to continue the pointless and endless debate without me for a few days, good luck trying to prove or disprove anything, I wish you luck.

And I can justify that I know at least one thing ONE GOD, and that is, sacrificial lamb is great with a little barbecue sauce ...Mmmmm-Mmmmm GOOOOOD!!! Amen!
Lol!

Hope you all have a great weekend, I'm outta here for now.

Take care all.
Bren

Richmond, KY

#358 Jul 5, 2013
It seems some are following scriptures verbatim. Perhaps if scriptures were viewed as symbolism and allegory, another meaning would appear.
To look beyond the literal definition of these words and phrases, will reveal what's hidden within...Seek and ye shall find, otherwise it will be as the blind leading the blind.

Location hidden

#360 Jul 5, 2013
That's why there is a multitude of interpretations of the Bible and denominations of Christianity. Christians interpret the Bible however that like. It's easy to do when your book is full of spooky, cryptic and contradictory language.
Bren wrote:
It seems some are following scriptures verbatim. Perhaps if scriptures were viewed as symbolism and allegory, another meaning would appear.
To look beyond the literal definition of these words and phrases, will reveal what's hidden within...Seek and ye shall find, otherwise it will be as the blind leading the blind.

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#361 Jul 5, 2013
It is because Man has falsely interpreted so much of The Bible, or has created incorrect translations of symbolism and not the intended Truth, that the result is a hodgepodge of false doctrines and damnable heresies that misguide and mislead people just as AT points out into unsound areas that have little to nothing to actually do with God and Scripture. Man (and Satan of course) are the origin of incorrect doctrine
and misinterpreted dogma that takes away from the significant reality of God's Truth. Man does not like being "called out" for the sin-ridden waste he is and having his multitudes of flaws and faults spotlighted by the Word of God so he (man) creates fanciful interpretations and factless fantasies hewn from the Scriptures to coddle his sinful nature and make him feel all good, warm, and fuzzy about being the vile miscreant he is without the Salvation and Redemption provided by Jesus Christ.
Bren

Winchester, KY

#362 Jul 6, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
(Now at that time "abomination" meant anything idolatrous, unnatural,
rebellious against God, etc.)
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee...
Romans Chapter 1:23-27
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
1 Timothy Chapter 1:10 -
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
So we see many times that God judges Man's sinful, perversions such as
"vile affections" (for the same sex) or using the NATURAL use of their
sexuality and genitalia for "unnatural, unseemly, defilement, dishonorable.." as things that are animalistic, base, and beneath decent, God-fearing people.
I appreciate all of the effort put into this accumulation of biblical documentation, but only Leviticus can be used because that is from the Old Testament, TORAH, and within this chapter 18, the lord was speaking to Moses, giving direction for this particular group of Jews, and there is much more direction coming before the one listed, which applies to all of the rest of the population; one must always go to the beginning to grasp the context of the written word. So, how many men and women would you say have fallen short of keeping with the words found in Leviticus? The majority of the population has fallen far shy of keeping with the word, therefor, using Leviticus as a measure of men, the majority of the population has already fallen out of grace, and will not be able to buy their way back in by means of church attendance and paying the preacher his 10%, which by the way is an incorrect interpretation, in my opinion, due to the suggestion one can obtain forgiveness by making a ransom donation--a slight tangent, but nonetheless, we cannot single out one particular class of people to discriminate against, less we discriminate against the entire population, myself included, as well as the rest of the entire population.
Depends

Williamson, WV

#363 Jul 6, 2013
Bren wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate all of the effort put into this accumulation of biblical documentation, but only Leviticus can be used because that is from the Old Testament, TORAH, and within this chapter 18, the lord was speaking to Moses, giving direction for this particular group of Jews, and there is much more direction coming before the one listed, which applies to all of the rest of the population; one must always go to the beginning to grasp the context of the written word. So, how many men and women would you say have fallen short of keeping with the words found in Leviticus? The majority of the population has fallen far shy of keeping with the word, therefor, using Leviticus as a measure of men, the majority of the population has already fallen out of grace, and will not be able to buy their way back in by means of church attendance and paying the preacher his 10%, which by the way is an incorrect interpretation, in my opinion, due to the suggestion one can obtain forgiveness by making a ransom donation--a slight tangent, but nonetheless, we cannot single out one particular class of people to discriminate against, less we discriminate against the entire population, myself included, as well as the rest of the entire population.
Ok. I don't know exactly what your trying to say. Maybe you should crack open the New Testament and take a gander at it prior to this type of message. Your post sounds as though you are completely disregarding Christ teachings. What faith are you representing??

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#364 Jul 6, 2013
Scripture makes clear that Non-Believers have bought into their sin so much that they embrace a deceived state of depravity that actually blinds and numbs them to the things of God. Every person instinctively knows God is real at some point but they just keep denying away at Him so much that they eventually fall into the snare of their own disbelief as they convince themselves that their own lie is valid. That means Non-Believers are all welcome to deny, reject, suppress, oppose, disbelieve, whatever as much as they wish because all they're actually doing is reinforcing their OWN eternal torment and assuring it. But then hey, they can just deny it is happening once it actually does, like the little
Billy Mumy character in that old episode of the Twilight Zone..they can just
"wish it away", LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min so true 135,597
Smile (Apr '14) 43 min Arch1 265
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 23,960
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,314
News Hurley inaugurated as 20th UPike president (Oct '13) 1 hr Failure 4
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 6 hr IND 26,032
does anybody think jordan nichols' book is any ... (Sep '09) 6 hr kait94 9
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]