Ppl who don't believe in God

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#210 Jun 28, 2013
"If that is true, then we are just "star dust fizzing" Maybe that is true. You should be interested in what is true, not unfounded beliefs that comfort you.

"What makes your fizzing better than his or mine?" I didn't say any of that nonsense. I will say that I am rational and think critically. You do not.

"You have to have an absolute moral law to know if someone is doing something wrong." False. We do not need an imaginary friend to tell us what is right and wrong. For the sake of argument, if you claim that God is the source for morality, you are actually arguing for moral relativism because if God says tomorrow that rape is moral, that makes it so. Your "morals" are based on the whims of a capricious deity. What standard does your god base his morals on?
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true, then we are just "star dust fizzing" Our reasoning and thoughts and etc. are simply a product of chemical reactions and protoplasms in our brains. What makes your fizzing better than his or mine? Whats wrong with star dust fizzing differently than you? By what basis do you measure your fizzing is valid? Don't talk about logical absurdities when your world view can't account for logic.
<quoted text>
By what standard do you appeal to to know its "filth"? How do you account for right and wrong? You have to have an absolute moral law to know if someone is doing something wrong.
<quoted text>
Could you be wrong about that? If not, give you basis for knowledge please.
<quoted text>
God did not make up rules and laws for us to follow and then damn us because we did not follow them. Sin is lying about who God when we where created in His image. For example: Lying is not sin because it hurts people (although it does) Lying is sin because God's not a liar. Stealing isn't sin because you didn't pay for it (although you didn't) Stealing is sin because Gods not a theif. When we sin we are lying about who God is because we where created in His image. And when you sin against an eternal God there are eternal consequences, and we all deserve them. Repent while you still can.

Location hidden

#211 Jun 28, 2013
"Lying is not sin because it hurts people (although it does) Lying is sin because God's not a liar." LOL, there are examples of God lying in the Bible.

"When we sin we are lying about who God is because we where created in His image." Are babies with birth defects born in his image too? How about retarded people?

"And when you sin against an eternal God there are eternal consequences, and we all deserve them." Maybe you deserve them. Leave me out of your death-cult.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true, then we are just "star dust fizzing" Our reasoning and thoughts and etc. are simply a product of chemical reactions and protoplasms in our brains. What makes your fizzing better than his or mine? Whats wrong with star dust fizzing differently than you? By what basis do you measure your fizzing is valid? Don't talk about logical absurdities when your world view can't account for logic.
<quoted text>
By what standard do you appeal to to know its "filth"? How do you account for right and wrong? You have to have an absolute moral law to know if someone is doing something wrong.
<quoted text>
Could you be wrong about that? If not, give you basis for knowledge please.
<quoted text>
God did not make up rules and laws for us to follow and then damn us because we did not follow them. Sin is lying about who God when we where created in His image. For example: Lying is not sin because it hurts people (although it does) Lying is sin because God's not a liar. Stealing isn't sin because you didn't pay for it (although you didn't) Stealing is sin because Gods not a theif. When we sin we are lying about who God is because we where created in His image. And when you sin against an eternal God there are eternal consequences, and we all deserve them. Repent while you still can.

Location hidden

#212 Jun 28, 2013
That's me making fun of people like you and you're too dull to realize it.
minuteman wrote:
Anyone who thinks they are under the influence of the flying spaghetti monster is an idiot. this person is an absolute crack pot.
I suggest studying Daniel, luke, Ezekiel, and revelations.
<quoted text>
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#213 Jun 29, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"Lying is not sin because it hurts people (although it does) Lying is sin because God's not a liar." LOL, there are examples of God lying in the Bible. <quoted text>
I would love to see ONE verse that substantiates your claim (in context) How do you account for lying? Lying is the opposite of absolute truth. How do you account for absolute truth when the atheist freely admits that there are no 100% certainties on anything? That would also mean there is no absolute truth. Is there a such thing as absolute truth? If so, how do you account for it with no absolute certainties? If not How do you know what is a lie? This exposes the absurdity of your worldview.
Anti-theist wrote:
"When we sin we are lying about who God is because we where created in His image." Are babies with birth defects born in his image too? How about retarded people? <quoted text>
Of course!!..If humans had remained in innocence and obedience to God, the rational, volitional, moral, social, and spiritual facets of humans would never be impaired. There would be no comas, no mental illness, no extra chromosomes, no psychopaths, no brain injuries.

The point is that we live in a fallen world, and we are all impaired by the fall (original sin) to some degree (creation groans – longing for redemption). That doesn’t mean that any of us have less of the image of God than others – just that none of us reflect his image as fully as we were intended to.
Anti-theist wrote:
"And when you sin against an eternal God there are eternal consequences, and we all deserve them." Maybe you deserve them. Leave me out of your death-cult.
<quoted text>
People do not go to hell for sinning against a God they don"t know, They go to hell for sinning against a God they DO KNOW. You know I'm telling you the truth but you reject it because you love your sin. I sincerely care about you. Please repent while you still can.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#214 Jun 29, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"If that is true, then we are just "star dust fizzing" Maybe that is true. You should be interested in what is true, not unfounded beliefs that comfort you.<quoted text>
That is a knowledge claim. What is your basis for knowledge? How do you account for knowledge when you could be wrong about everything you claim to know?
Anti-theist wrote:
"What makes your fizzing better than his or mine?" I didn't say any of that nonsense. I will say that I am rational and think critically. You do not.<quoted text>
Another knowledge claim. How do you know you think rationally and critically? How do you KNOW anything? Do you use your reasoning? How do you know your reasoning is valid? Do you reason that your reasoning is valid? thats a viciously circular argument.
Anti-theist wrote:
"You have to have an absolute moral law to know if someone is doing something wrong." False. We do not need an imaginary friend to tell us what is right and wrong. <quoted text>
Do you believe in objective moral values?(morals that are true independent of human opinion). For example: Can it ever be ok to rape children, raping women to fulfill sexual desires or torturing babies for pure entertainment? If No (and I hope you would agree to that) There ARE absolute moral values. My question to you would be.. if you agree that those things are wrong independent of human opinion.(again, I would hope so) How do you account for those truths of a universal moral standard outside of God? If not, When someone says that morality is person to person relative and that their opinion is of no more value than the next person’s opinion they have officially forfeited using words like “should” or “ought” as this assumes there is a way things “should” or “ought” to be. C.S. Lewis would point out that you can’t call something crooked unless you know what straight is.
Anti-theist wrote:
For the sake of argument, if you claim that God is the source for morality, you are actually arguing for moral relativism because if God says tomorrow that rape is moral, that makes it so. Your "morals" are based on the whims of a capricious deity. What standard does your god base his morals on? <quoted text>

The point is invalid because it assumes that God could change His moral nature and say that "tomorrow rape is moral" God can not do anything contrary to His nature. As to "What standard does God base his standard on?" He is the standard.

Location hidden

#215 Jun 29, 2013
"I would love to see ONE verse that substantiates your claim (in context) How do you account for lying?" Here's one: "For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." 2 Thessalonians 2:11

"How do you account for lying? Lying is the opposite of absolute truth." No, lying is not the opposite of absolute truth. That is a silly definition.

"How do you account for absolute truth" I never made any claims of absolute truth. That's what religious nuts are notorious for.

"the atheist freely admits that there are no 100% certainties on anything?" I never made any such admission. You just make up the bullshit as you go along.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see ONE verse that substantiates your claim (in context) How do you account for lying? Lying is the opposite of absolute truth. How do you account for absolute truth when the atheist freely admits that there are no 100% certainties on anything? That would also mean there is no absolute truth. Is there a such thing as absolute truth? If so, how do you account for it with no absolute certainties? If not How do you know what is a lie? This exposes the absurdity of your worldview.
<quoted text>
Of course!!..If humans had remained in innocence and obedience to God, the rational, volitional, moral, social, and spiritual facets of humans would never be impaired. There would be no comas, no mental illness, no extra chromosomes, no psychopaths, no brain injuries.
The point is that we live in a fallen world, and we are all impaired by the fall (original sin) to some degree (creation groans – longing for redemption). That doesn’t mean that any of us have less of the image of God than others – just that none of us reflect his image as fully as we were intended to.
<quoted text>
People do not go to hell for sinning against a God they don"t know, They go to hell for sinning against a God they DO KNOW. You know I'm telling you the truth but you reject it because you love your sin. I sincerely care about you. Please repent while you still can.

Location hidden

#216 Jun 29, 2013
"Of course!!..If humans had remained in innocence and obedience to God, the rational, volitional, moral, social, and spiritual facets of humans would never be impaired. There would be no comas, no mental illness, no extra chromosomes, no psychopaths, no brain injuries." Before modern science, people believed that mental illness was caused by angry deities or demonic possession. Educated people know better now. There is no excuse for your delusions unless YOU are mentally ill.

"The point is that we live in a fallen world, and we are all impaired by the fall (original sin) to some degree" No, there was no "fall," Adam and Eve never existed and original sin has to be the most filthy doctrine in Christianity. To even suggest that people today are responsible for the actions made by others, long before we were born, is insulting and repugnant.

"I'm telling you the truth but you reject it because you love your sin." Muslims make the same claims as you. They speak no truth, only threats and delusions.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#217 Jun 29, 2013
"That is a knowledge claim. What is your basis for knowledge? How do you account for knowledge when you could be wrong about everything you claim to know?" We determine what is true using our senses, reason and the scientific method. I've never heard a scientist babbling about "absolute truth" like religionists. The findings of science are always subject to change should further evidence require.

"Another knowledge claim. How do you know you think rationally and critically? How do you KNOW anything?" We "know" things via our senses. We determine fact from fiction using reason and the scientific method. If you don't agree, your argument falls back on you. How do YOU know anything?
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> That is a knowledge claim. What is your basis for knowledge? How do you account for knowledge when you could be wrong about everything you claim to know?
<quoted text>
Another knowledge claim. How do you know you think rationally and critically? How do you KNOW anything? Do you use your reasoning? How do you know your reasoning is valid? Do you reason that your reasoning is valid? thats a viciously circular argument.
<quoted text>
Do you believe in objective moral values?(morals that are true independent of human opinion). For example: Can it ever be ok to rape children, raping women to fulfill sexual desires or torturing babies for pure entertainment? If No (and I hope you would agree to that) There ARE absolute moral values. My question to you would be.. if you agree that those things are wrong independent of human opinion.(again, I would hope so) How do you account for those truths of a universal moral standard outside of God? If not, When someone says that morality is person to person relative and that their opinion is of no more value than the next person’s opinion they have officially forfeited using words like “should” or “ought” as this assumes there is a way things “should” or “ought” to be. C.S. Lewis would point out that you can’t call something crooked unless you know what straight is.
<quoted text>
The point is invalid because it assumes that God could change His moral nature and say that "tomorrow rape is moral" God can not do anything contrary to His nature. As to "What standard does God base his standard on?" He is the standard.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#219 Jun 29, 2013
Gay Marriage 1

Religious Freaks 0
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#220 Jun 29, 2013
Gay Marriage wins!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#221 Jun 29, 2013
Gay Marriage wins again!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#222 Jun 29, 2013
Game Over for all of the Religious Freaks out there!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#223 Jun 29, 2013
Game Over to all of the Religious Freaks out there!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#224 Jun 29, 2013
I believe Religion will go extinct if all of the Religion Freaks out there keep attacking Gay Marriage and Gay Rights as well!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#225 Jun 29, 2013
I bet Religion will go extinct if all of the Religion Freaks out there keep attacking Gay Marriage and Gay Rights as well!
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#227 Jun 29, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"I would love to see ONE verse that substantiates your claim (in context) How do you account for lying?" Here's one: "For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 <quoted text>
Thanks for the CONTEXT... In this verse God is NOT lying. He is speaking (interestingly enough) of people who reject the truth. He is not making them beleive a lie. He is simply allowing strong delusion because they WANT to beleive a lie But this eveidence or any eveidence will not change your mind because your presupposition will not allow you to evaluate the evidence.
Anti-theist wrote:

"How do you account for lying? Lying is the opposite of absolute truth." No, lying is not the opposite of absolute truth. That is a silly definition. <quoted text>
would you like to provide a better one?
Anti-theist wrote:

"How do you account for absolute truth" I never made any claims of absolute truth. That's what religious nuts are notorious for.<quoted text>

Is it absolutley true that "thats what religious nuts are notorious for" sir?
Anti-theist wrote:

"the atheist freely admits that there are no 100% certainties on anything?" I never made any such admission. You just make up the bullshit as you go along. <quoted text>
you would be the first atheist I have ever met that said he couldn't be wrong about everything he claimed to know. The atheist worldview is founded on the claim of no 100% certanties.So please tell me one thing you know and how you know it? Without using the viciously circular argument of reasononing that your reasoning is correct.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#228 Jun 29, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"Of course!!..If humans had remained in innocence and obedience to God, the rational, volitional, moral, social, and spiritual facets of humans would never be impaired. There would be no comas, no mental illness, no extra chromosomes, no psychopaths, no brain injuries." Before modern science, people believed that mental illness was caused by angry deities or demonic possession. Educated people know better now. There is no excuse for your delusions unless YOU are mentally ill.<quoted text>
Is that absolutely true sir?
Anti-theist wrote:
"The point is that we live in a fallen world, and we are all impaired by the fall (original sin) to some degree" No, there was no "fall," Adam and Eve never existed and original sin has to be the most filthy doctrine in Christianity. To even suggest that people today are responsible for the actions made by others, long before we were born, is insulting and repugnant. <quoted text>
Could you be wrong about that? Is that absolutely true?
Christians have never claimed that we are responsible for original sin, only that because of it we inherit a sinful nature.
Anti-theist wrote:
"I'm telling you the truth but you reject it because you love your sin." Muslims make the same claims as you. They speak no truth, only threats and delusions.
<quoted text>
If you would like to convert to a muslim I would be happy to refute that claim, but for now lets stick to your atheism.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Sparks, NV

#229 Jun 29, 2013
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that absolutely true sir?
<quoted text>
Could you be wrong about that? Is that absolutely true?
Christians have never claimed that we are responsible for original sin, only that because of it we inherit a sinful nature.
<quoted text>
If you would like to convert to a muslim I would be happy to refute that claim, but for now lets stick to your atheism.
Why do you have hatred against gays?!
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#230 Jun 29, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"That is a knowledge claim. What is your basis for knowledge? How do you account for knowledge when you could be wrong about everything you claim to know?" We determine what is true using our senses, reason and the scientific method. I've never heard a scientist babbling about "absolute truth" like religionists. The findings of science are always subject to change should further evidence require. <quoted text>
Wow... So you reason that your reasoning is valid? "Science is always changing" supports the fact of no certainties in your worldview because that means what you beleive about science or anything could be wrong tomorrow and therefore change. How can you KNOW anything that might be proven to be false tomorrow? Not a good method for Knowledge and truth. You can't say I know something but it could be wrong...That is a self refuting statement and violates the law of noncontradiction in logic.
Anti-theist wrote:
"Another knowledge claim. How do you know you think rationally and critically? How do you KNOW anything?" We "know" things via our senses. We determine fact from fiction using reason and the scientific method. If you don't agree, your argument falls back on you. How do YOU know anything?
<quoted text>
"I know things via my sences" Do you know that? Which one of your sences did you use to find that truth? You are reasoning that your reasoning is correct! Can't you see the absurdity in that? My worldview has a basis for knowledge because the bible says that Knowledge comes from God. to KNOW ANYTHING you have to know EVERYTHING or know someone who does. I know thing because God has revealed them to me the same way He revealed them to you in such a way that I can know them for certain. God has revealed himself innately, through creation, through scripture, our conscience.... He has revealed Himself in many ways. I have a basis for knowledge therefore I can make knowledge claims. If you reject my basis, you must provide a basis (besides your reasoning) for your knowledge to make the claim that mine is false. Then you must provide by what standard you have to determine truth to know it is false without violating the laws of logic.
ONE GOD

Elkhorn City, KY

#231 Jun 29, 2013
Ron Paul Republican 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have hatred against gays?!
I don't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mikes Critter Castle (Feb '10) 3 min Will not return 137
Trump In Trouble 26 min b arnold 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 52 min More Trump Lies 36,156
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 58 min Strel 160,867
OFFICIAL: Trump's Manafort worked for Putin 1 hr Joey 8
ane bias 2 hr ANE buffoon 11
Ashley Brown's campaign lies 2 hr Unbelievable 12
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr More Trump Lies 4,042

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages