Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#2 Dec 15, 2013
Get Over It wrote:
The silly attempts by the foolish "Christians" to rewrite History are amusing, but all BS.
Unhhhh Christians follow the Bible which was written 2000 years ago...I don't know anyone trying to re-write it....It appears to me that the people complaining about Christians are the ones trying to re-write it. The Bible has given the SAME message for 2000 years.....Queers,Communists Atheists and heathens in general strive mightily to change its meaning and its effect on history.
truth

Dana, KY

#4 Dec 16, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text>Unhhhh Christians follow the Bible which was written 2000 years ago...I don't know anyone trying to re-write it....It appears to me that the people complaining about Christians are the ones trying to re-write it. The Bible has given the SAME message for 2000 years.....Queers,Communists Atheists and heathens in general strive mightily to change its meaning and its effect on history.
Kinda like people like you, that only pick and choose parts of the bible. Not one of you tools fully follow that storybook and thats the truth
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#8 Dec 16, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like people like you, that only pick and choose parts of the bible. Not one of you tools fully follow that storybook and thats the truth
True, most people don't fully follow it;most do the best they can...Christians understand that they are not expected to be perfect...no man can be but we are to strive to be. Hypocrisy is rampant in the world and not found only in Christianity. You pick and choose the things you believe...you decided the Bible is a storybook...you decided that homosexuality is normal..you decided to feel picked on by by Christians-----let me tell you something important that may help you...if other people affect your life to the point that it aggravates you then those people have CONTROL over you no matter how independent you think you are.
truth

Ransom, KY

#10 Dec 16, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> True, most people don't fully follow it;most do the best they can...Christians understand that they are not expected to be perfect...no man can be but we are to strive to be. Hypocrisy is rampant in the world and not found only in Christianity. You pick and choose the things you believe...you decided the Bible is a storybook...you decided that homosexuality is normal..you decided to feel picked on by by Christians-----let me tell you something important that may help you...if other people affect your life to the point that it aggravates you then those people have CONTROL over you no matter how independent you think you are.
Well Old Dude since you guys arent perfect, then you have no right to harass and try and enforce your laws on the rest of us period. We are a free country, you can call us christian if you want i dont care, but you also are required to respect those of us that refuse to follow your terrorist ways.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#11 Dec 16, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Well Old Dude since you guys arent perfect, then you have no right to harass and try and enforce your laws on the rest of us period. We are a free country, you can call us christian if you want i dont care, but you also are required to respect those of us that refuse to follow your terrorist ways.
Just out of curiosity what laws do you have a problem with that are supposedly promulgated by Christians ?
JonJon

Pikeville, KY

#12 Dec 16, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> True, most people don't fully follow it;most do the best they can...Christians understand that they are not expected to be perfect...no man can be but we are to strive to be. Hypocrisy is rampant in the world and not found only in Christianity. You pick and choose the things you believe...you decided the Bible is a storybook...you decided that homosexuality is normal..you decided to feel picked on by by Christians-----let me tell you something important that may help you...if other people affect your life to the point that it aggravates you then those people have CONTROL over you no matter how independent you think you are.
No one is saying homosexuality is or isn't normal. What we believe in is a free country. The founders never wanted religion to rule our lives! It is not for me to judge others. That is also in the bible. The new testament wasn't even written by the authors that they claim to be.
truth

Ransom, KY

#13 Dec 16, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text>Just out of curiosity what laws do you have a problem with that are supposedly promulgated by Christians ?
Jon jon said my answer, freedom for all, not just some
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#14 Dec 16, 2013
JonJon wrote:
<quoted text> No one is saying homosexuality is or isn't normal. What we believe in is a free country. The founders never wanted religion to rule our lives! It is not for me to judge others. That is also in the bible. The new testament wasn't even written by the authors that they claim to be.
The op didn't mention homosexuality but I just threw it in there since 9 times out of 10 it's the homos who have a problem with religion. That particular group has been pretty successful in getting sympathy for their plight. Maybe they just want to be able to marry in every state and get spousal tax and death benefits . Other than Abortion and the aforementioned I don't see what freedoms people are being harassed over by the church community and I personally don't feel that expressing one's displeasure with either situation should be called harassment. After all this is a free country and everyone has a right to their opinion. I still haven't heard what Christian laws or rules are infringing on anyone's freedom. Our laws are based on old English common law and the Bill of Rights. Our laws in my opinion go waaaay overboard much of the time in protecting the rights of criminals but that's my opinion and others have a right to theirs.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#15 Dec 16, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jon jon said my answer, freedom for all, not just some
What specific freedoms are you being denied that are granted to others? Are you talking about laws or public opinion? Those are 2 different things.
truth

Ransom, KY

#16 Dec 16, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> What specific freedoms are you being denied that are granted to others? Are you talking about laws or public opinion? Those are 2 different things.
Well i'm not gay, but it does make me sick to see people try to force them to live a certain way. The only laws that should count for everyone in this country are federal, local, and state.

If you want to follow whatever religious laws thats fine, but you shouldnt have the right to attack those of us that dont follow your ancient trash.

It scares the hell out of me that christians are trying to force there laws on the rest of us, how long before you guys start trying to make it legal to kill smart mouth kids, forcing raped women to marry the men that rape them, or killing those that dont follow your faith and ideas? Because people like you want it to happen, that makes you no better then the muslims you bash that try to force sharia law.

Not to mention if we followed you terrorists there would be no tattoos, birth control, wearing certain clothes and thats just the stuff that i can remember off the top of my head.

Freedom is something everyone should have, you and your bible thumpers would take that away from innocent people and that boils my blood.

Dont get me wrong i have nothing against religions practicing their religion, displaying it, praying in public, raising there kids whatever way. It only bothers me when you monsters attack those that dont agree with your ideas. Times are changing do the rest of us who live in reality a favor and stay out of our way, while you guys let your children die trying to pray a away a sickness, a scientist or doctor somewhere is actually making a difference
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#17 Dec 16, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Well i'm not gay, but it does make me sick to see people try to force them to live a certain way. The only laws that should count for everyone in this country are federal, local, and state.
If you want to follow whatever religious laws thats fine, but you shouldnt have the right to attack those of us that dont follow your ancient trash.
It scares the hell out of me that christians are trying to force there laws on the rest of us, how long before you guys start trying to make it legal to kill smart mouth kids, forcing raped women to marry the men that rape them, or killing those that dont follow your faith and ideas? Because people like you want it to happen, that makes you no better then the muslims you bash that try to force sharia law.
Not to mention if we followed you terrorists there would be no tattoos, birth control, wearing certain clothes and thats just the stuff that i can remember off the top of my head.
Freedom is something everyone should have, you and your bible thumpers would take that away from innocent people and that boils my blood.
Dont get me wrong i have nothing against religions practicing their religion, displaying it, praying in public, raising there kids whatever way. It only bothers me when you monsters attack those that dont agree with your ideas. Times are changing do the rest of us who live in reality a favor and stay out of our way, while you guys let your children die trying to pray a away a sickness, a scientist or doctor somewhere is actually making a difference
So you are at odds with majority public opinion and blame it on the church....i think you are giving church people's opinion too much credit---I doubt if they think as much about you as you do them....you still haven't mentioned LAWS ;just social opinion. You are letting other people get to you....you give them that control over you they are not making you do anything. If you want to be free quit worrying about others opinion of you.
truth

Ransom, KY

#18 Dec 17, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> So you are at odds with majority public opinion and blame it on the church....i think you are giving church people's opinion too much credit---I doubt if they think as much about you as you do them....you still haven't mentioned LAWS ;just social opinion. You are letting other people get to you....you give them that control over you they are not making you do anything. If you want to be free quit worrying about others opinion of you.
I do apologize old dude but after looking through topix abit to double check my suspicions about you, i cant have anymore of a conversation with you, because your not looking for that.

Its because you fall under the troll section of this website, you, wtf, pat roit, legend himself, joke news is a joke, amen etc are exactly the same. You all may act differently but in the end at your core your just trolls not worth my time. Shame really i was hoping this would be a civil conversation oh well. I'm sure you'll call me some names, liberal, coward, that your right whatever the only difference really is unlike the rest old dude, is i wont waste my time feeding a troll
JonJon

Pikeville, KY

#25 Dec 17, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> What specific freedoms are you being denied that are granted to others? Are you talking about laws or public opinion? Those are 2 different things.
The law inmost states which is now changing in some is marriage is between a man and woman. Those who want to marry man to man or woman to woman are denied in most states. When they started fighting for that right and winning in some states it was the Christian right who spoke the loudest against that. It is also the Christian right republicans in some states who are trying to pass laws to stop abortion. Abortion is not something I would do but its a womans right to choose. Its her choice by federal law but yet the Christians are trying to stop that. They have even went as far as murdering some abortion doctors.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#26 Dec 17, 2013
JonJon wrote:
<quoted text> The law inmost states which is now changing in some is marriage is between a man and woman. Those who want to marry man to man or woman to woman are denied in most states. When they started fighting for that right and winning in some states it was the Christian right who spoke the loudest against that. It is also the Christian right republicans in some states who are trying to pass laws to stop abortion. Abortion is not something I would do but its a womans right to choose. Its her choice by federal law but yet the Christians are trying to stop that. They have even went as far as murdering some abortion doctors.
There is more of a war against Christians than the other way around. People are being forced by the LAW to take down crosses,nativity scenes,the 10 commandments,to saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas,etc,etc. I still have not heard what law Christians have passed that affects anyone. Do Christians not have a right to their opinion on abortion or homosexuality as much as anyone else? My point is that the op is railing against others opinion or more importantly MAJORITY opinion than the law.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#27 Dec 17, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>I do apologize old dude but after looking through topix abit to double check my suspicions about you, i cant have anymore of a conversation with you, because your not looking for that.
Its because you fall under the troll section of this website, you, wtf, pat roit, legend himself, joke news is a joke, amen etc are exactly the same. You all may act differently but in the end at your core your just trolls not worth my time. Shame really i was hoping this would be a civil conversation oh well. I'm sure you'll call me some names, liberal, coward, that your right whatever the only difference really is unlike the rest old dude, is i wont waste my time feeding a troll
I just call em like I see em,man...you obviously let others opinion of you control you...my point is that I still don't see how any law passed by Christians has affected anyone----the church does not make law--that's the job of the Legislature -and lately Barry Obama--even though he is in violation of the Constitution and the Separation of Powers
Mars

Chesterfield, MO

#30 Dec 18, 2013
Christians in america influenced the kill the gays bill in uganda and they helped with the russian anti gay law. What about prop 8 in cali? Or about the twenty some other anti gay marriage bands in the u.s.?

Christians want to turn united states into a theocracy! They are anti freedom! This country was never a christian nation and never will be as long as we have the constitution!
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#31 Dec 18, 2013
Mars wrote:
Christians in america influenced the kill the gays bill in uganda and they helped with the russian anti gay law. What about prop 8 in cali? Or about the twenty some other anti gay marriage bands in the u.s.?
Christians want to turn united states into a theocracy! They are anti freedom! This country was never a christian nation and never will be as long as we have the constitution!
NO where in the Constitution is separation of church and state mentioned...
JonJon

Pikeville, KY

#32 Dec 18, 2013

Separation of church and state in the United States

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

"Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. The phrase has since been repeatedly used by the Supreme Court of the United States.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper.

Echoing the language of the founder of the first Baptist church in America, Roger Williams—who had written in 1644 of "[A] hedge or wall of separation between the garden of the church and the wilderness of the world"— Jefferson wrote, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."[1]

Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."[2]
JonJon

Pikeville, KY

#33 Dec 18, 2013
In black and white you are repeatedly proven to misrepresent the facts. The supreme court as well as your founding father both say what the first amendment says. Try again OL DUD!
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#34 Dec 18, 2013
JonJon wrote:
In black and white you are repeatedly proven to misrepresent the facts. The supreme court as well as your founding father both say what the first amendment says. Try again OL DUD!
I have no argument with you but I am right...it is NOT written into the Constitution....it is an INTERPRETATION of the first amendment...it is however kind of like an attorney general's opinion in that it generally carries the weight of law but is NOT in the Constitution----It is however hypocritical of the left to overlook the phrase "'prohibit the free exercise of" when they scream and rail against Nativity scenes,etc. Try again Jon boy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Toyota really building factory in Pikeville? 5 min In the woods 23
Ray Jones Senior 14 min Amy 16
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,754
dreamz stables (May '14) 1 hr Free Ride 16
$1000 for 2 bed apartment at the Pikeville Comm... 1 hr Full Capacity 31
Mexicans and blacks burning the American flag !!!! 1 hr Burn Baby Burn 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 148,147
Ray Jones for Hillary Clinton 15 hr Whitey Rogue 127
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages