Foodcity Parking lot today
yes
#21 Nov 23, 2012
she is in kingsport but not not sure the name of it. as of this morning she is still not talking much but does remember a little and was very much worried about her grandaughter being there which she was not thank god. she has casts and knows who people are now. will keep u updated.
Debra

Pikeville, KY

#22 Nov 23, 2012
Is this the Debra that has a few a brother and a few sisters.One sister is a teacher??

Since: Oct 09

Pikeville

#23 Nov 23, 2012
Has there been any info on who the driver was yet? Did they hit and run?...People drive way too fast in that parking lot going every which way...hoping for a speedy recovery for her!
Heard

Tucker, GA

#24 Nov 23, 2012
People there said the driver was texting, hit her and drug her and didn't even realize because she was texting. And she didn't even seem to care that shed hit her.

Heard she was injured pretty badly. But luckily EMS was already there picking up their Thanksgiving. Thank God for them.
heard

Pikeville, KY

#25 Nov 23, 2012
This is terrible. I agree, people do drive too fast in that parking lot,but alot of the people don't even pay attention and walk out in front of cars.
Do they have cameras?
I am not saying she walked out in front of anyone, but that's just what some do there.
If it was a hit and run they should be punished.
If anyone saw this happen, I hope they come forward and tell what really happened.
I hope the lady is alright.
yes
#26 Nov 23, 2012
i dont know anything about the driver right now. just that it was a female and she didnt go to jail. if i were sandra i would be taking some legal action for this girls stupidity. especially if she was texting. this woman is already sickly and will probably never be the same after this.
heard

Pikeville, KY

#27 Nov 23, 2012
If she was texting, I'd be taking legal action for sure. People like that don't need vehicles or a license.
Do you know what type of vehicle it was?
Mrs Stanley

Pikeville, KY

#28 Nov 23, 2012
yes wrote:
she is in kingsport but not not sure the name of it. as of this morning she is still not talking much but does remember a little and was very much worried about her grandaughter being there which she was not thank god. she has casts and knows who people are now. will keep u updated.
Praying for her and the family
Praying for this family

Elkhorn City, KY

#29 Nov 23, 2012
I am praying for this woman. It is so sad that she went to pick up Thanksgiving Dinner for her family and got run over. Please keep us up to date on how she is doing. God please watch over her and place your loving arms around her. If the driver of the other car was texting she should be in jail. So sad.
concerned

Elkhorn City, KY

#30 Nov 23, 2012
Who was the driver of the car that hit her??? If you witnessed this awful thing I'm sure you heard the name of the driver..
nosy

Elkhorn City, KY

#31 Nov 23, 2012
Where did Kay live at?? Who is her mother??
Hello

Pikeville, KY

#32 Nov 23, 2012
Whether she was texting or not, the lady has a right to take legal action against whoever hit her. That parking lot is the 2nd worst set up I have seen as far as getting in and out. The worst would be Speedway. May God be with the Thacker lady. Someone said they had to take some of her arm off but that is just rumor.
ascreem

United States

#33 Nov 23, 2012
kay is a fragile woman. had gastric bypass, been sick ever since. her sons name is jason deboard. kay is a great person. she has slaved over her grandchild while the parents of kid have taken advantage of her. i pray she makes out ok, but everyone pray HARD cuz she was already medically fragile.
Pathetic

Winchester, KY

#34 Nov 23, 2012
It's a combination of bad in that parking lot. People drive too fast and people will walk right out in front of you. It is best for everybody to watch closely when walking or driving in that lot. People also have a bad tendency to walk right out behind your car when you are backing out of a spot. I've never had anybody just walk right out in front of me but had several walk behind me and they could see the back up lights on easily. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
Bitter Beer Face

Elkhorn City, KY

#35 Nov 23, 2012
Pathetic wrote:
It's a combination of bad in that parking lot. People drive too fast and people will walk right out in front of you. It is best for everybody to watch closely when walking or driving in that lot. People also have a bad tendency to walk right out behind your car when you are backing out of a spot. I've never had anybody just walk right out in front of me but had several walk behind me and they could see the back up lights on easily. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
I have wondered the same ,is everybody on dope .Same at speed way sometimes rude people .
yes
#36 Nov 23, 2012
ascreem wrote:
kay is a fragile woman. had gastric bypass, been sick ever since. her sons name is jason deboard. kay is a great person. she has slaved over her grandchild while the parents of kid have taken advantage of her. i pray she makes out ok, but everyone pray HARD cuz she was already medically fragile.
i dont know why u asume this about her grandchild. she did not slave ober them and only one lived with her maybe there is a good reason why she kept the little girl and for your nfo she is now living with her mother and there was a sido to kay no one knew about. this topic is not about the children it is to keep the people with a heart updated on her condition. so why dont u find out the whole story behind her keeping 1 grandchild before u start saying things like she slaved over them. shi*......she sure didnt pay muchattention to her considring the child broke bones and evberything else while she was sittin in her house not checking n her. mind you own businss
Doc

Nashville, TN

#37 Nov 23, 2012
Debra i have a question was there surveilance of the incident? Was there cops there asking questions trying to solve who did this to Kaye? Its been rumoured that other people never tried to comfort her and that she was ignored til employees came out of the store, is this true?
Conserned

Versailles, KY

#38 Nov 24, 2012
I heard it was a suv and the driver didn't see Kay because she was bent over pickin up cans that had fell out of a pop case. Idk how true that is, I also head thay Kay passed away today. Prayers for the family.
HOPE NOT

Pikeville, KY

#39 Nov 24, 2012
hOPE ALL IS GOING GREAT FOR HERE
PRAYERS FROM EVERYONE PLEASE
Hello

Pikeville, KY

#40 Nov 24, 2012
With only 39 comments in this thread it is amazing at the various rumors already. And people wonder why Eastern KY has a bad reputation for not getting the facts straight before opening our mouths. I know that this is one way to air the rumors and maybe have family shed some light on the truth but it is unimaginable at the various stories from the girl texting to picking up pop cans and that Kay has broken bones to amputated arm and now passed. Nonetheless, prayers are much needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 18 min Abe 40,132
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 43 min Alain Vain 27,164
How does Blaine Tackett have Facebook in Prison? (Dec '12) 1 hr Craig f 40
Pike Central Basketball Under Investigation? 2 hr ADKINS 81
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Wisdom of God 171,902
Keith Justice 2 hr Amy 14
Teachers Retirement & Ray Jones 2 hr Amy 12
darrell pugh for magistrate (Apr '10) 5 hr vote 210

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages