Police seek public's assistance in ca...

Police seek public's assistance in catching drug dealers

There are 45 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from May 29, 2007, titled Police seek public's assistance in catching drug dealers. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

“There are never any instances where the numbers of the caller pops up on a caller ID or anything”

The Kentucky State Police want the public's help in catching drug dealers. A drug tip hotline is available for the public to provide information on marijuana cultivators and drug dealers in general. via Harlan Daily Enterprise

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

Since: Jun 11

Herndon, VA

#21 Jul 3, 2011
The gun toting bum's have no back bone and will get caught. The problem is you catch one welfare bum it creates several more worthless welfare bum's trying to fill the shoes. Get rid of public assisted housing and build bigger jails.
System is a Joke

Winchester, KY

#22 Jul 3, 2011
Criminal justice system is a joke, I know repeat offenders on home arrest and still dealing, they make a fool out of the dumbazz court system down there is Pike.
totally agree

Grethel, KY

#23 Jul 3, 2011
Fkndisturbed wrote:
The gun toting bum's have no back bone and will get caught. The problem is you catch one welfare bum it creates several more worthless welfare bum's trying to fill the shoes. Get rid of public assisted housing and build bigger jails.
You are 110% right my friend, after Eric Conn's cases get reversed due to the wrong he was doing to win the cases you'll see a lot more people out looking for an actual job. Most of the people will be from Mud Creek, I know so many that are on welfare and disability and are more able to work than I am
Crazy

Pikeville, KY

#24 Jul 3, 2011
Fkndisturbed wrote:
You couldn't have been taught anything about economics. Public assisted housing is by far cheaper then housing people in jail. Estimates ranging to around 30k a year per person to incarcerate. News laws lessening penalties have already been enacted as the high cost of running these prisons is bankrupting the State. 1 in 92 adults are incarcerated in Ky as opposed to 1 in 100 nationally. A large number of these being nonviolent drug offenses. Ky showing numbers higher then other States not being given probation and rather being sent to prison. Which is not working and the numbers keep increasing. This war on drugs is a joke and absolutely can not be won. At least not by jailing people.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#25 Jul 4, 2011
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't have been taught anything about economics. Public assisted housing is by far cheaper then housing people in jail. Estimates ranging to around 30k a year per person to incarcerate. News laws lessening penalties have already been enacted as the high cost of running these prisons is bankrupting the State. 1 in 92 adults are incarcerated in Ky as opposed to 1 in 100 nationally. A large number of these being nonviolent drug offenses. Ky showing numbers higher then other States not being given probation and rather being sent to prison. Which is not working and the numbers keep increasing. This war on drugs is a joke and absolutely can not be won. At least not by jailing people.
Seems to me the government "probably"spends just as much on these bums with health care,food,housing ass., and utilities. Mays as well spend 30k and keep the low life's off the streets. Not to mention the resources spent to investigate,and bring to justice.
actually

Georgetown, KY

#26 Jul 4, 2011
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't have been taught anything about economics. Public assisted housing is by far cheaper then housing people in jail. Estimates ranging to around 30k a year per person to incarcerate. News laws lessening penalties have already been enacted as the high cost of running these prisons is bankrupting the State. 1 in 92 adults are incarcerated in Ky as opposed to 1 in 100 nationally. A large number of these being nonviolent drug offenses. Ky showing numbers higher then other States not being given probation and rather being sent to prison. Which is not working and the numbers keep increasing. This war on drugs is a joke and absolutely can not be won. At least not by jailing people.
your stats are wrong. kentucky is not incarcerating first time drug offenders. most of these people were given drug court or probation for their first offense. most decide to not attend court ordered rehab or refuse to take drug tests. so even the new house bill is not going to reduce the jail population. these people are not going to learn. you cant help them. you can only give them so many chances.
yup

Greenville, KY

#27 Jul 5, 2011
When the system works then maybe but being I know someone on parole in Illinois and probation in Ky its pretty obvious the system isn't working. Or maybe I'm the only one that thinks an act that causes probation should be a violation of parole.
Crazy

Pikeville, KY

#28 Jul 6, 2011
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
your stats are wrong. kentucky is not incarcerating first time drug offenders. most of these people were given drug court or probation for their first offense. most decide to not attend court ordered rehab or refuse to take drug tests. so even the new house bill is not going to reduce the jail population. these people are not going to learn. you cant help them. you can only give them so many chances.
Not incarcerating first time drug offenders because of the new laws just passed. In the hopes of reducing prison populations. Like you, I know this won't work and will only reduce those arrested at the site. These folks will still end up in prison for failing drug tests and or quitting the sentenced programs. As the percentage of prison populations keep increasing it is causing a major financial problems for States. The only way the people or the State will ever get any relief is by dropping a lot of these laws. I hate to say drugs need to be legalized but with the high number of users and the high costs of obtaining these drugs, which is the blame for so much crime, it is seeming to be the only solution. If they could walk into a pharmacy and buy lortabs the same as aspirin they wouldn't be hurting anyone but themselves. If you take a look at Countries like Mexico and the Bahamas where codeine is over the counter, they don't have near the drug of drug offenders as we have. Exactly the opposite, nobody even buys the junk. Of course all these other Countries grow the products to manufacture drugs, but it is made for us. They don't use the drugs and just trying to make what money they can.
actually

Georgetown, KY

#29 Jul 6, 2011
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Not incarcerating first time drug offenders because of the new laws just passed. In the hopes of reducing prison populations. Like you, I know this won't work and will only reduce those arrested at the site. These folks will still end up in prison for failing drug tests and or quitting the sentenced programs. As the percentage of prison populations keep increasing it is causing a major financial problems for States. The only way the people or the State will ever get any relief is by dropping a lot of these laws. I hate to say drugs need to be legalized but with the high number of users and the high costs of obtaining these drugs, which is the blame for so much crime, it is seeming to be the only solution. If they could walk into a pharmacy and buy lortabs the same as aspirin they wouldn't be hurting anyone but themselves. If you take a look at Countries like Mexico and the Bahamas where codeine is over the counter, they don't have near the drug of drug offenders as we have. Exactly the opposite, nobody even buys the junk. Of course all these other Countries grow the products to manufacture drugs, but it is made for us. They don't use the drugs and just trying to make what money they can.
good point. make lortabs legal and only give people enough to prevent withdrawals. make them so cheap there is no need to steal. but suboxone and methadone have failed so what can work?
None ya

Elkhorn City, KY

#30 Jul 11, 2011
Ill giive ya sum names will gilliam bennie fud adkins
wade ball

Dickson, TN

#31 Sep 7, 2011
call haha he ratted on harry
Renee

Paducah, KY

#32 Sep 11, 2011
didnt read all the comments but why ask the public for help? isnt it their job to catch the drug dealers? hahahaha
hmmmmmlol

Paducah, KY

#33 Sep 13, 2011
Go to Greer and 10th then look in each direction....I know of 6 within a few houses in each direction of that intersection.
smart

Wheelwright, KY

#34 Sep 13, 2011
The police don't want to catch these drug dealers. I know of one who is out right beligerent about it and everyone knows he does it. Do they try to ctch him. He thinks he can't be caught. Everyone sees him selling the drugs out in the open and the police dept's don't care. Try Harold Primary care and Boldlman Church you'll see him. Bust their asses before they get their selves killed. Would love to be on Unite. I would sure do some changes. Catch them get them off the streets and make them pay for their wrong doings. One time and many of them will change their minds about their little "Jobs"
starz

Wheelwright, KY

#35 Sep 13, 2011
If you know so much catch them and get them busted!!!!!
doe

Paducah, KY

#36 Feb 3, 2012
stop cartel there the ones that cause the killing and street problems the rest are addicts supporting habits
traceme

Gallatin, TN

#37 Feb 4, 2012
POLICE get lots of federal money for drug and DUI (McCracken Co doubles their pay checks)

if we stop the drugs the money would stop

so it's a conflict of interest for COPS to stop drugs

cops need the problem to get worse

the MEXICAN drug cartels will continue to become more powerful in the US

and the cops will say they need more and more money

it's called milking the cow
traceme

Gallatin, TN

#38 Feb 4, 2012
never talk to a cop

when you do you become a suspect
Clarissa

United States

#39 Feb 4, 2012
Thank you!!! That idiot doesn't know me very well obviously! Much love!![QUOTE who="HiHater!!!!"] <quoted text>
We all know that she is NOT a dealer!!!! She is a cool bitch! Rachel Piercy is this u hatin on my boo again???[/QUOTE]
unknown

Madisonville, KY

#40 Feb 4, 2012
U knw these people that r naming names are pretty dirty and probably deals themselves but what's yalls name maybe we should snitch on you then it wouldn't be funny uh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Airport mobile home 9 min yo yo 10
Sliced 1 hr I know 4
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 7,177
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr One Eyed Willy 2,022
Dating 2 hr Lonely 1
Bad Hair Stylist (Dec '14) 2 hr Trump 16
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr LMS 148,314
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages