UK Basketball OVER as We Know IT ?

UK Basketball OVER as We Know IT ?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Humm

Versailles, KY

#1 Mar 20, 2013
The Davender Scandal, The Farmer Allegations, And the Robert Morris Upset, are these the signs of the collapse of a dynasty.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#2 Mar 20, 2013
Humm wrote:
The Davender Scandal, The Farmer Allegations, And the Robert Morris Upset, are these the signs of the collapse of a dynasty.
Yeah, how long has it been since UK won anything???
Oh yeah, last year you stupid SOB.
Newest report

Elkhorn City, KY

#3 Mar 20, 2013
Update at the roundtable at Jerry's.......Coach is and has mentioned to a report thinking about approaching the NBA again. SO off to NBA again as he was very upset with the cats after the game.. SO Cats will be needing a new coach and word around Jerry's early in the morning is McCoy is thinking /talking to them already..
UK Fan

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Mar 20, 2013
Humm wrote:
Lets see now, after the Eddie Sutton Scandal, along came Rick. Took a program in shambles and took it to national prominance. Took a bunch of blue collar players, mostly from Kentucky, Pelphrey, FARMER, Feldhaus, to the elite eight and lost to you know who. Won it in "96, runner-up "97, and gave Tubby a gift, His players, and won it "98. Then Cal replaced Billy, in shambles again, and well, you know the rest. Uk still is a dynesty. I believe they still have the most wins of any program.
SEC

Georgetown, KY

#5 Mar 23, 2013
UK Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see now, after the Eddie Sutton Scandal, along came Rick. Took a program in shambles and took it to national prominance. Took a bunch of blue collar players, mostly from Kentucky, Pelphrey, FARMER, Feldhaus, to the elite eight and lost to you know who. Won it in "96, runner-up "97, and gave Tubby a gift, His players, and won it "98. Then Cal replaced Billy, in shambles again, and well, you know the rest. Uk still is a dynesty. I believe they still have the most wins of any program.
When one talks about a Dynasty does UCLA and John Wooden come to mind. 10 NCAA championships in 12 years, 7 in a row, a 88 game winning streak, and while Wodden was at the helm UCLA never lost an NCAA title game. How does UK have a dynasty ?
UK Fan

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 Mar 23, 2013
Well I would say that UK has won more games than anyone else n the civilized world, I believe they may qualify for a dynesty. UCLA had a great run, but where are they now in terms of all times wins. Not even close to Kentucky.
Puzzled

Salyersville, KY

#8 Mar 23, 2013
wtf, aka White Trash Freeloader, I am puzzled. Why do you always say such personal things like "stupid SOB?" Why cant you just address the subject without getting so personal?
Laughing

Providence, UT

#9 Mar 23, 2013
Puzzled wrote:
wtf, aka White Trash Freeloader, I am puzzled. Why do you always say such personal things like "stupid SOB?" Why cant you just address the subject without getting so personal?
Hate to tell you this but wtf is only programmed to say so many words.You pull the string in his back and he lets fly with his limited vocabulary.
Told ya

Phelps, KY

#10 Mar 23, 2013
SEC wrote:
<quoted text>When one talks about a Dynasty does UCLA and John Wooden come to mind. 10 NCAA championships in 12 years, 7 in a row, a 88 game winning streak, and while Wodden was at the helm UCLA never lost an NCAA title game. How does UK have a dynasty ?
All time wins! That's a dynasty! North Carolina, Kansas are right behind them as a dynasty also. You all try to fu** with facts but as always you fail!
SEC

Georgetown, KY

#11 Mar 23, 2013
UK Fan wrote:
Well I would say that UK has won more games than anyone else n the civilized world, I believe they may qualify for a dynesty. UCLA had a great run, but where are they now in terms of all times wins. Not even close to Kentucky.
UK is good, very good, but a dynastic standing has yet to be achieved. In my mind since UCLA beat UK for one of those title games many years ago, to qualify now as a dynasty, UK or anyone else must achieve at least half of what Coach Wooden accomplished. Therefore : 3 Titles in 12 years, and a 44 game winning streak, or how about slash off the demand for a wining streak and get 4 titles in 12 years. Will UK FAN acknowledge this standard as the proper measure for the next NCAA dynasty ? Kentucky had the old Dynasty until UCLA erased it. Kentucky had actually won 4 NCAA titles within 10 years, from 1948 to 1958. After, the UCLA era no program has been consistent enough to qualify as a dynasty, some shave been close but lost their momentum Indiana, Florida, Lousiville and Kentucky. However, Duke's 4 Titles from 1991 to 2010 may qualify. 4 Titles over 19 years is that a dynasty, thats equal to one championship every 5 years, if Calipari managed to do that the Big Blue Nations would certainly call it a dynasty, then for years we have actually denied Duke its rightful recognition on the throne, do you agree ? Calipari must win 3 more titles by 2022 or the crown by mere statistical reasoning will belong to Coach K. Summary NCAA's First Dynasty was UK, then it passed to UCLA, now apparently it is DUKE, unless Calipari can make some great progress while Coach K is still running the show for the Blue Devils, Calipari will have failed to mirror other legends.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#12 Mar 24, 2013
SEC wrote:
<quoted text>UK is good, very good, but a dynastic standing has yet to be achieved. In my mind since UCLA beat UK for one of those title games many years ago, to qualify now as a dynasty, UK or anyone else must achieve at least half of what Coach Wooden accomplished. Therefore : 3 Titles in 12 years, and a 44 game winning streak, or how about slash off the demand for a wining streak and get 4 titles in 12 years. Will UK FAN acknowledge this standard as the proper measure for the next NCAA dynasty ? Kentucky had the old Dynasty until UCLA erased it. Kentucky had actually won 4 NCAA titles within 10 years, from 1948 to 1958. After, the UCLA era no program has been consistent enough to qualify as a dynasty, some shave been close but lost their momentum Indiana, Florida, Lousiville and Kentucky. However, Duke's 4 Titles from 1991 to 2010 may qualify. 4 Titles over 19 years is that a dynasty, thats equal to one championship every 5 years, if Calipari managed to do that the Big Blue Nations would certainly call it a dynasty, then for years we have actually denied Duke its rightful recognition on the throne, do you agree ? Calipari must win 3 more titles by 2022 or the crown by mere statistical reasoning will belong to Coach K. Summary NCAA's First Dynasty was UK, then it passed to UCLA, now apparently it is DUKE, unless Calipari can make some great progress while Coach K is still running the show for the Blue Devils, Calipari will have failed to mirror other legends.
Wrong again dumbass. UK has the most wins all time. UK beat Duke in the Finals in 1978, Srmi Finals in 1966, Quarter Finals in 1978.

All time most Wins.......UK.

First Team to have 5 Payers taken in the First Round of the NBA Draft.......UK.

Only Olympic Champs.....UK.

First Team to have Players drafted 1 and 2 in the NBA Draft.......UK.

Only Team to have NCAA Championships in 5 different Decades......UK.
Mountain Dude

Cumming, GA

#13 Mar 24, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again dumbass. UK has the most wins all time. UK beat Duke in the Finals in 1978, Srmi Finals in 1966, Quarter Finals in 1978.
I think you meant the Quarter Finals in 98.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Mountain Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I think you meant the Quarter Finals in 98.
That is correct, Finals 78 Quarter Finals 98.
Poo Bear

Port Republic, VA

#15 Mar 24, 2013
I'm sure they'll be back as the greatest team in the universe soon... but...UK 2012-2013 Hahahahahah. Why am I laughing? Because they were a joke.
SEC

Georgetown, KY

#16 Mar 24, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again dumbass. UK has the most wins all time. UK beat Duke in the Finals in 1978, Srmi Finals in 1966, Quarter Finals in 1978.
You Deny Statistical Logic My Friend, I too love the UK program that is why I want to win with good teams not by a recruting lottery that has no guarantee of success. Unless Calipari gets the kind of unselfish kids that made up the 2012 team then UK will always fall short. 2012 did not win because of ability alone those standout freshman were with loyal upperclassmen who bled blue, if Calipari alwsys gets one and dones then there will not be enough good upperclassmen loyal to the school to anchor the program. Its sad, didn't some of the players say they weren't going pro cause they wanted to prove they could play. Will that be just to better their chances in the draft. How about they win it for the fans and the school, and put themselves last like Anthony Davis did, team first. Calipari neeeds to understand you can't recruit loyality, thats something you're born with it or not.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Mar 25, 2013
SEC wrote:
<quoted text>You Deny Statistical Logic My Friend, I too love the UK program that is why I want to win with good teams not by a recruting lottery that has no guarantee of success. Unless Calipari gets the kind of unselfish kids that made up the 2012 team then UK will always fall short. 2012 did not win because of ability alone those standout freshman were with loyal upperclassmen who bled blue, if Calipari alwsys gets one and dones then there will not be enough good upperclassmen loyal to the school to anchor the program. Its sad, didn't some of the players say they weren't going pro cause they wanted to prove they could play. Will that be just to better their chances in the draft. How about they win it for the fans and the school, and put themselves last like Anthony Davis did, team first. Calipari neeeds to understand you can't recruit loyality, thats something you're born with it or not.
What a load of foolishness. The NCAA made the Rule, not Calipari.
SEC

Georgetown, KY

#18 Mar 25, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>What a load of foolishness. The NCAA made the Rule, not Calipari.
Do you believe Calipari can get us 3 more titles by 2022, y/n, or how about 2 more by 2022. If so its a dynasty, pop a cork, but if not, then won't the UK program be known as the Coach Calipari Experiment duting his tenure.
BREEDING BLUE

Cambridge, MA

#19 Mar 25, 2013
Did UK win?
UK Fan

Jeffersonville, IN

#20 Mar 26, 2013
Coach Cal cannot control how long a kid stays in school. Most of these 18 and 19 year old kids come from a very large and poor families. When the millions come knocking, they will take it for their family. Wouldn't you?? that comes with the territory. Football is the same way. Is UK the only team that loses freshman to the NBA draft?? UK has WCS, Poythress, Goodwin, Noel all in the top 20 draft picks this year. Will they go or stay, who knows??? They probably need to go with the class coming in. Was listening to ESPN radio the other day and the analyst said UK is the only team that has a chance to go undefeated in 2012-13. This year was not a good year by us spoiled UK fans, but lets face it, you don't win it every year with the talent out there.
UK Fan

Jeffersonville, IN

#21 Mar 26, 2013
Correction, undefeated in 2013-2014, excuse the year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who wrecked at Chloe today? 1 hr Prayers for them 2
Keith Justice 2 hr big daddy here 12
Long fork or africa !!!! 3 hr Tyrone 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 4 hr yep 39,932
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Patriot 171,817
Medicare 5 hr Blind 25
family that turns against you (Feb '10) 5 hr Sue 181
Wreck on Chloe Wed That one person 3
What’s wrong with PMC? Tue Confidentiality 27

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages