When will Coal Mining pick back up in...

When will Coal Mining pick back up in Pike County?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Outside_Advisor

Dwale, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2009
There is so many American in pike county that are out of work. Most Drawing unemployment, and barely making it by while in the mean time trying to raise kids, and provide for their familes. What will happen to theses people when unemployment runs out.. most of theses guy's, this is the only way they know how to provide for their families.. let this discussion be to put down, but to figure out what to do in pike county to save Coal Mining..
Ballsak

Anderson, SC

#2 Aug 27, 2009
When Obama gets out of office, until then were in trouble
oh yea

Pikeville, KY

#3 Aug 27, 2009
I totally agree Ballsak!
hmmm

Memphis, TN

#4 Aug 28, 2009
Ballsak wrote:
Agreed!! 100%
Barrack Hussein Obama

Kalamazoo, MI

#5 Aug 28, 2009
I will close down every coal mine in the country and make all of the energy companies stop using coal. There will be only green energy and I don't care if it costs you twice as much to heat you house. Maybe a few old people need to freeze to death, but I will save Mother Earth.

Since: Aug 09

Macon, GA

#6 Aug 28, 2009
The president has little or nothing to do with the economy, the economy is controlled by the Federal Reserve Bank that is printed right there on your money you have in your pocket. The PRIVATE bank is no more federal than federal express (fedex) and has the power to print money out of thin air which inflates the dollar and makes it loose value. Also, these private bankers can control the interest rates which can cause bubbles like with this housing market bubble and then after these bubbles pop these bankers can buy up corporations at pennies on the dollar.

Now that you know it's not the President (although he did re-appoint Bernake as chairman of the fed)

Coal is not the only thing doing bad, it's everything. You do not see people at gas companies that are being laid off by the dozens out going "Obama is going to end natural gas" You do not see people who own small business out in the streets going "Obama is going to end small business"

Coal is a boom bust business and it always has been, it was booming last year and is busting this year. It will boom again sometime soon and then bust again, thats just how the natural resource business works, remember when gas was $4 a gallon? Oil was boom then, it's bust now.

Common sense people.
truth

Charleston, WV

#7 Aug 28, 2009
if it up to obana all the coal mine swill shut down

Pikeville, KY

#8 Aug 28, 2009
I think that the coal business will pick up a little more when the companies start selling to other countries. Which some are going to do. I am sorry for those of you that have lost your jobs and are on unemployment.

Unemployment money, medicaid and medicare and ssi will run out soon why? Because of the people that signed on that really didn't need it. Now when there are people that really needs it's almost gone and the hard workers are the one's suffering for it.

The people that were able to work should never sign up on disablitly. The reason you can tell the real from the fake, is because you see the fakers working on their homes, and at other places all of the time. If they are able to do that then they were able to get a job that would take the taxes out to help those who really need dissablity, other finantial help.
ANGUS

United States

#9 Aug 28, 2009
Ballsak wrote:
What have Republicans or our 2 Senators ever done for coal? Nothing!
truth

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 28, 2009
obama is gonna be best thing for our country he will stop global warmning so coal industry is history all the coal miners can get clean green jobs

Macon, GA

#11 Aug 28, 2009
Global warming is a myth, The founder of the Weather Channel is even trying to sue Al Gore for misleading the public.

Co2 is GOOD for the environment, plants flourish off of it. The sun is what causes the planet to warm up and cool down, what is known as "sun spots", research it. The only reason Al Gore wants the public to accept global warming is so we'll pay a "carbon tax" credit or "cap-and-trade" and buy carbon credits off of the company, he, himself OWNS ;) Think about it.

Obama is a puppet, The US is not ran by what you see on TV, it is ran by elitist international bankers.

1. The Bilderberg Group
2. Council on Foreign Relations

Research it.

Coal is the best thing availible with over 250 years of this natural resource left, why would anyone in their right mind want to stop using this? It's cheap, abundant, and feeds families all over Eastern, KY!

I voted for Obama, but now I KNOW that both parties are on the same flight plan. Notice what Obama promised us and has already lied and McCain would've been McSame!

Vote Ron Paul 2012'
thinkso

Thelma, KY

#12 Aug 28, 2009
Coal mining will never pick up if Obama has his way. Coal miners better start looking for other jobs or goes back to school for another career.
Jethro

Kalamazoo, MI

#13 Aug 28, 2009
justinkk2005 wrote:
Global warming is a myth, The founder of the Weather Channel is even trying to sue Al Gore for misleading the public.
Co2 is GOOD for the environment, plants flourish off of it. The sun is what causes the planet to warm up and cool down, what is known as "sun spots", research it. The only reason Al Gore wants the public to accept global warming is so we'll pay a "carbon tax" credit or "cap-and-trade" and buy carbon credits off of the company, he, himself OWNS ;) Think about it.
Obama is a puppet, The US is not ran by what you see on TV, it is ran by elitist international bankers.
1. The Bilderberg Group
Research it.
Coal is the best thing availible with over 250 years of this natural resource left, why would anyone in their right mind want to stop using this? It's cheap, abundant, and feeds families all over Eastern, KY!
I voted for Obama, but now I KNOW that both parties are on the same flight plan. Notice what Obama promised us and has already lied and McCain would've been McSame!
Vote Ron Paul 2012'
You are correct, I'm sorry you voted for Obama, because it was:
O ne
B ig
A ss
M istake
A merica

Macon, GA

#14 Aug 28, 2009
Do some of you have any idea on how government works?

Obama "has his way" do you think whenever Massey and all of these big corporations had that private meeting with him in the White House that he actually is still going to "do away with coal" as you say? No!

He does not have that type of power, if anyone, it would be these little lobby groups such as the Sierra Club and Al Gore's phony little movies, THAT is what you need to be worried about.

The whole dam_n country is hurting right now, I do not see why people think its just coal that is doing bad, its everything. Now if the economy was really strong right now I could see your concerns, but as it always has been, it's a boom bust cycle, coal will pick back up eventually. China is going to build 2 coal power plans every 2 weeks for like the next 5 years, what are you so worried about? They'll need that coal from somewhere.

Macon, GA

#15 Aug 28, 2009
Congressman write bill's and those bills go through the House and the Senate. Little lobbyist groups like the Sierra Club come into congress and lobby congressman to vote yay or nay on a bill whatever they deem fit. They'll lie and brainwash the congressman into believing whatever bullsh_it is in the bill so they'll vote on it. The congrsesman usually fill it full of pork and unnecessary spending and then vote Yay for it so that they'll get those pork projects. The only thing obama can do is veto it ONE time then if it goes back through congress it passes

So its not like Obama is a dictator, well that is just yet.

Macon, GA

#17 Aug 28, 2009
and to the guy with the username "truth"

Tell me what kind of green energy job in eastern kentucky can employ the people in the following industries:

Conveyer Building (continental conveyer)
Service Trucks (whayne supply etc)
mine supplies (johnson industries)
coal truck drivers
train operators
ash disposal
strip job workers
miners themselves

Add up alllll those workers in Eastern Kentucky, what is it going to take? 300,000 people to build a dam_n solar panel? You cant have wind here, thats already proven, so tell me how you plan on replacing these jobs?

Mining just dont employ miners, it employes everything. Every town has to have a "heart" for money. Coal is our heart, it pumps money into our economy. Without it, what would power Pikeville's massive banking system or Pikeville's stores and small business? Sure as hell wont be Burger King jobs.
coalminerswife2

Adams, KY

#18 Aug 28, 2009
thinkso wrote:
Coal mining will never pick up if Obama has his way. Coal miners better start looking for other jobs or goes back to school for another career.
The problems we're having are not because of President Obama. There seems to be a nationwide trend to move away from coal in general and to develop new energy sources. Even in our area, a lot of people are against mountaintop removal and that surprises me. At least President Obama advocates development of clean coal. Better "clean coal" than no coal like some environmentalists. The new stricter environmental law that controls giving out permits was passed while Bush was president.
Booms in the coal industry have come and gone ever since I can remember. I think the drop now is the result of other economic factors like the car industry doing poorly and a drop in demand.
Personally, I hope the industry picks up really soon because my husband is a miner and times are hard for us right now.
truth

Charleston, WV

#19 Aug 28, 2009
obama is gonna kill the coal industry he is such a loser he just needs to be loved because his mom dumped him as a kid she choose cocckk over her son and it affected him bad I HEARD HIM END LAST SPEECH IN COLORADO WITH I LOV EYOU WOW WOW H EJUST LIK EMOVIE STARS AND PERFORMERS THEY FEEL LOVED IN FRONT OF AUDIENCE but its gonna be hard for obana to stay with michele now becaus ehe has all the women wanteing to have him now h ewill fight it bad the rest of his life EVRYONE KNOW SNUMBER ONE AFRODISIACT IS POWER THEN MONEY
ANGUS

United States

#20 Aug 28, 2009
justinkk2005 wrote:
1. The Bilderberg Group
Research it.
Vote Ron Paul 2012'
Global warming is a myth?! Are you that foolish?

The founder of the weather channel is a joke, reduced to doing a local channel's weather in California.

Get an education, before commenting on anything serious.
ANGUS

United States

#21 Aug 28, 2009
justinkk2005 wrote:
Congressman write bill's and those bills go through the House and the Senate. Little lobbyist groups like the Sierra Club come into congress and lobby congressman to vote yay or nay on a bill whatever they deem fit. They'll lie and brainwash the congressman into believing whatever bullsh_it is in the bill so they'll vote on it. The congrsesman usually fill it full of pork and unnecessary spending and then vote Yay for it so that they'll get those pork projects. The only thing obama can do is veto it ONE time then if it goes back through congress it passes
So its not like Obama is a dictator, well that is just yet.
Just like all those Insurance Cos. giving huge campaign donations to Congressmen. Oil Cos. do the same thing, as well as Coal Cos.

So what is your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white sissy boy needs c#ock 1 hr Gator 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 158,064
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 9,201
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 26,679
Hypocrite McConnell 2 hr Hypocrit McTurtle 5
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 2 hr Trump Is Orange 3,601
Brian Morris Said 2 hr Dagnabit Jeff A 72
Pea and Wee PLLC 2 hr Amy 22

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages