Self Refind Clinic
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Paddle Addle

Charleston, WV

#1 Dec 19, 2010
How does this Suboxone Clinic work? How much does it cost for each visit? Do they cut you down often? Tell me about it. thanx.
well

Harold, KY

#2 Dec 19, 2010
why dont you call them and ask those questions? I am on Suboxone but it makes me mad how many people abuse this drug also. It could save your life if you would allow it to do so. People sell their meds or overtake them and it makes me sad. This pill was made to help us get off of dangerous medication. Not give people something else to abuse. And just so you know you cant be on it the rest of your life, you will eventually have to stop taking it because its just something to help you work on your addiction problem and to carry you through fixing your problems mentally. Once you get everything worked out the clinic will start to take you off of it. If you were really wanting help you would call or go there and talk to them. Not ask people on here.
good luck

Thelma, KY

#3 Dec 19, 2010
Paddle Addle wrote:
How does this Suboxone Clinic work? How much does it cost for each visit? Do they cut you down often? Tell me about it. thanx.
I don't know if you are asking for yourself or someone else; but at least you are thinking about getting help and that is a first step. Sorry, I don't know about the particular clinic, but starting suboxone treatment can be the beginning of a new life and renewed hope for those suffering. Good luck. Hopefully someone will come along and help you with your questions.
Paddle Addle

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 19, 2010
who are u to judge? i hope ur kids get cancer or burn up.
Three Forks Home

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Jan 7, 2011
The cost is $400. The fee includes all Dr. appts., all required pill counts/drug screens and counseling. The treatment is most commonly two years but varies from person to person.
looking for facts

Thelma, KY

#6 Jan 7, 2011
Three Forks Home wrote:
The cost is $400. The fee includes all Dr. appts., all required pill counts/drug screens and counseling. The treatment is most commonly two years but varies from person to person.
And there is another $300-$400 per month for your medicine?
Three Forks Home

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Jan 7, 2011
The $400 does not include medicine. The clinic itself does not dispense medication, there is no pharmacy there. The cost varies from pharmacy to pharmacy and of course would be affected by your dose. Probably the medication cost would be at least $400, up to $800. If you have insurance, including medicaid, it will usually pay for the medication.
a patient

Knoxville, IA

#8 Feb 19, 2011
this clinic will help you rid urself of addiction if you try.they treat you as a human being.i couldnt ask for better dr or nurses.im treated as if im a family member .i been going today exactly makes 8 months.havent had 1 relapse.tjey give counseling here to help with any issues i have.i havent ever had a better dr office experience.waitimg is minimal.not in & out to get ur money but fast!!!!!
anon

Pikeville, KY

#9 Feb 19, 2011
they charge you $350.00 every time you go there, and if you let them know that you have insurance, they also charge your insurance, they wont tell you this up front either, so if you do have insurance DONT let them know it....and you have to pay for you medicine seperately....
curious

Thelma, KY

#10 Feb 19, 2011
anon wrote:
they charge you $350.00 every time you go there, and if you let them know that you have insurance, they also charge your insurance, they wont tell you this up front either, so if you do have insurance DONT let them know it....and you have to pay for you medicine seperately....
Most insurance won't pay for this treatment. If they are charging you and your insurance company and your company pays, then that is fraud. If this is really happening you should let your insurance company know. You should get reimbursed from your insurance company. Like I said, I don't know of any insurance company that pays for this treatment.
Nolen Boy

Grayson, KY

#11 Oct 11, 2011
I know for a fact this is happening. It is no better than a pill mill. All they care about is getting your money. They do take your payment of $410 in the form of a money order or credit card.(A small discount for use of a money order and they don't take cash). The thing is that they tell you they need your insurance cards, even though its up to you to file it. THEY ARE LYING! They are collecting from the insurance companies, AS WELL AS GETTING PAID IN FULL BEFORE THE VISIT BY THE PATIENT. This absolutely fraudulent. I was first made aware of this when I started getting statements from my insurance company stating that they paid for laboratory services (Drug Test) from the lab that Self Refind uses. HOWEVER, when you pay your $410 fee, they tell you this fee is for the doctors visit, ANY Lab Work required (Drug Test), pill counts, counseling, EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A MONTH, of course not counting the cost of the medication at your local pharmacy. They are then going and sending the claim to the insurance company and getting paid AGAIN. I have lots of documentation and feel this is wrong. The office of Anthen on Linn Station Road in Louisville is reviewing all my information. They must think its something because they sent someone to my house to talk to me about it. I was told I would not be notified of any sanctions they issue. Thats crap, though, because Id like to know if they get money back. If so, I think either me or my insurance company needs paid back. They are basically being paid DOUBLE and their fee is through the roof anyway. What do y'all think?
indeed

Thelma, KY

#12 Oct 11, 2011
Nolen Boy wrote:
I know for a fact this is happening. It is no better than a pill mill. All they care about is getting your money. They do take your payment of $410 in the form of a money order or credit card.(A small discount for use of a money order and they don't take cash). The thing is that they tell you they need your insurance cards, even though its up to you to file it. THEY ARE LYING! They are collecting from the insurance companies, AS WELL AS GETTING PAID IN FULL BEFORE THE VISIT BY THE PATIENT. This absolutely fraudulent. I was first made aware of this when I started getting statements from my insurance company stating that they paid for laboratory services (Drug Test) from the lab that Self Refind uses. HOWEVER, when you pay your $410 fee, they tell you this fee is for the doctors visit, ANY Lab Work required (Drug Test), pill counts, counseling, EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A MONTH, of course not counting the cost of the medication at your local pharmacy. They are then going and sending the claim to the insurance company and getting paid AGAIN. I have lots of documentation and feel this is wrong. The office of Anthen on Linn Station Road in Louisville is reviewing all my information. They must think its something because they sent someone to my house to talk to me about it. I was told I would not be notified of any sanctions they issue. Thats crap, though, because Id like to know if they get money back. If so, I think either me or my insurance company needs paid back. They are basically being paid DOUBLE and their fee is through the roof anyway. What do y'all think?
If they are doing that then it is insurance fraud. Does it actually say in the paperwork that lab work is indcluded in the fees you are paying? If they don't accept insurance then why do they take your insurance card?

One other thing that you might be interested in knowing is the following. Some people never file insurance when they are in rehab or receiving medical drug treatment. Once you do so you are marked by insurance companies as being high risk. That is fine as long as you work for a company that has group insurance as they cannot deny coverage for any employee; but if you ever need to get private insurance no one will cover you, at least until you are off of suboxone for usually a year. I find this interesting since they will pay for people to stay on narcotics and be dependent upon them; but once someone tries to end the cycle they won't pay. In fact they label you as pretty much an undesireable uninsureable client.
u make me sick

United States

#13 Oct 12, 2011
Paddle Addle wrote:
who are u to judge? i hope ur kids get cancer or burn up.
What kind of [email protected] up individual r u. Hey, have u ever heard tie quote "karma is a bitch & it comes back 2 u 10 fold" wow I can't believe u really said that. Even if u didn't mean it that was harsh words. Please ppl don't say things about children. Their is not any child that has ever done anything that could make someone want to harm them. & none of them ask 2 be here that r put on this earth because of us. So please watch what u say about ppls children. Next time say something bad about the person ur mad @ not their kids.
really

Thelma, KY

#14 Oct 12, 2011
u make me sick wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of [email protected] up individual r u. Hey, have u ever heard tie quote "karma is a bitch & it comes back 2 u 10 fold" wow I can't believe u really said that. Even if u didn't mean it that was harsh words. Please ppl don't say things about children. Their is not any child that has ever done anything that could make someone want to harm them. & none of them ask 2 be here that r put on this earth because of us. So please watch what u say about ppls children. Next time say something bad about the person ur mad @ not their kids.
It was a really out of left field comment that didn't make any sense in the context of the thread.(the who are you to judge comment).
scott

Pella, IA

#15 Oct 20, 2011
i use to go to selfrefind in danvile but stop going u can find better doctors else were and i do belive they are double charging i have no proof but it is funny i get a statement every once in a while that says i owe them money but when i call they say to over look that.they charge me 410 dollars and try to give me strips they will not give u subtex were it is better for you and alot cheaper for those with out insurance i would not take this drug if i did the research it is so so so hard to get off of worse drug i have ever seen try going three days with out ur meds and you will feel like u are on death roll belive me it is easier to detox off of pain killers then suboxone just ask around if i was u i would not give my money to these doctors because they are just pill pushers and they act like they care but hell they do for the money but not you i go to a great doc now in hazard he is the best only a hundred every two weeks and he truely works with me..i have been stuck on this drug now for 3 years at first selfrefin over dose me and i got use to the 4 tablets that i should have never been given they should have started me on a half since i was only taking up to 2 pain pills a day and that was lortab ten mill. so watch out what and were you go and just know if u go down this road it might be harder to get off of then just detoxing off of what u are on good luck and my god be with you through your journey
wow

Thelma, KY

#16 Oct 20, 2011
scott wrote:
i use to go to selfrefind in danvile but stop going u can find better doctors else were and i do belive they are double charging i have no proof but it is funny i get a statement every once in a while that says i owe them money but when i call they say to over look that.they charge me 410 dollars and try to give me strips they will not give u subtex were it is better for you and alot cheaper for those with out insurance i would not take this drug if i did the research it is so so so hard to get off of worse drug i have ever seen try going three days with out ur meds and you will feel like u are on death roll belive me it is easier to detox off of pain killers then suboxone just ask around if i was u i would not give my money to these doctors because they are just pill pushers and they act like they care but hell they do for the money but not you i go to a great doc now in hazard he is the best only a hundred every two weeks and he truely works with me..i have been stuck on this drug now for 3 years at first selfrefin over dose me and i got use to the 4 tablets that i should have never been given they should have started me on a half since i was only taking up to 2 pain pills a day and that was lortab ten mill. so watch out what and were you go and just know if u go down this road it might be harder to get off of then just detoxing off of what u are on good luck and my god be with you through your journey
Good grief, if you were only taking 2 pain pills a day then you should have never started suboxone treatment. Did SelfRefind know that you were taking such a small amount? It is hard to believe that they would have started someone with the history that you stated on treatment You should have just tapered off of them. Suboxone for someone taking two pain pills a day would be like tryng to kill a gnat with a board the size of a door; simply unnecessary and silly.
an insider

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Feb 28, 2012
as a fly on the wall for self refind, i do know for a fact that they charge your insurance company. if you do not have insurance, you only pay the fee and for your medicine. if you turn in your insurance card, your insurance is billed not for one, but for three drug screens each time you have one (this also includes pill count days). self refind does their own screens in their lab in danville and bills the insurance for that one--the urine is also sent off to two other difference labs (one called premier tox) for screens and the insurance is billed. if there is no insurance, the only that is done is the one in the local office that is then sent on to danville. your insurance is also billed for a "doctor" visit since all of these doctors have their own private practices and only work for self refind on the side. NONE of them are addiction specialist doctors--one is actually a pediatrition. again, if you have no insurance--the fee covers everything. some of the doctors aren't even licensed in kentucky and the scripts are called in under another doctor's name, such as Dr.Peavler.

their goal is to make money not necessarily help people (sure, some of the people are nice, but they were trained that way). if you NEVER ask to lower your dose, it will never be lowered just to keep you coming back. if it is lowered and you say you can't handing the cravings, they will put you right back up so you can keep bringing them that money every month. now if a person is serious, the doses will be lowered and lowered if requested BY THE PATIENT.

as for the film, yes that's what they mostly want to prescribe. they prescribe more suboxone film than any other chain of clinics in the U.S. they get a kickback from the drug company for doing so. however, if you tell your doctor that the film doesn't work as good for you, or causes mouth sores or a rash or something along that lines, they will change you to the pill or if you persist, subutex because they don't want to lose that money. how else do you think they keep opening new clinics all over the place every year?

it is virtually impossible to get kicked out of the clinic. very few patients have been kicked out of the clinic---i've seen first hand people bringing in clean urine (and the lab people know it) and drug screens coming back with everything in the world in it and they still keep going. on pill count days if you are short, they don't say a word. sure, you may have to sign a warning paper, but that's all it is...a warning paper.

so there ya go...from an insider.
an insider

Elkhorn City, KY

#18 Feb 28, 2012
Self Refind will take anyone that comes in and says they are addicted. It doesn't matter if you were only taking one pill a day or 80. Whether its tramadol, oxycodone, cocaine,etc. They just want your MONEY. The script pads are already ready and waiting on each doctor and most of the time already stamped with the script unless its one of the doctors that aren't licensed in kentucky and it has to be called in under Peavler's name. If you are a new patient, you are usually given a prestamped script for four films a day. The only scripts that are written out are the ones that are for the pill or subutex. There are also some doctors there that will give you almost anything you want along with suboxone (except for a pain killer). I've seen neurotin, valium, klonopin, ativan, trazadone, etc come through right along with the suboxone script.

My advice to anyone is to see a doctor in private practice that does suboxone treatment. That way, you aren't getting ripped off money wise and you actually will see a doctor that cares about you and not how many patients they can fit in that day. At Self Refind---the more patients, the more money the doctors make. That place makes me sick because I have been on the front lines.

Again...there ya go...from an insider.
scott wrote:
i use to go to selfrefind in danvile but stop going u can find better doctors else were and i do belive they are double charging i have no proof but it is funny i get a statement every once in a while that says i owe them money but when i call they say to over look that.they charge me 410 dollars and try to give me strips they will not give u subtex were it is better for you and alot cheaper for those with out insurance i would not take this drug if i did the research it is so so so hard to get off of worse drug i have ever seen try going three days with out ur meds and you will feel like u are on death roll belive me it is easier to detox off of pain killers then suboxone just ask around if i was u i would not give my money to these doctors because they are just pill pushers and they act like they care but hell they do for the money but not you i go to a great doc now in hazard he is the best only a hundred every two weeks and he truely works with me..i have been stuck on this drug now for 3 years at first selfrefin over dose me and i got use to the 4 tablets that i should have never been given they should have started me on a half since i was only taking up to 2 pain pills a day and that was lortab ten mill. so watch out what and were you go and just know if u go down this road it might be harder to get off of then just detoxing off of what u are on good luck and my god be with you through your journey
hey

Dana, KY

#19 Feb 28, 2012
the place is alright im down to one a day now. but i got layed off and lost my insurance and now im getting bills in the mail from there drug testing place wtf
JustMe

Paris, KY

#20 Feb 28, 2012
well wrote:
why dont you call them and ask those questions? I am on Suboxone but it makes me mad how many people abuse this drug also. It could save your life if you would allow it to do so. People sell their meds or overtake them and it makes me sad. This pill was made to help us get off of dangerous medication. Not give people something else to abuse. And just so you know you cant be on it the rest of your life, you will eventually have to stop taking it because its just something to help you work on your addiction problem and to carry you through fixing your problems mentally. Once you get everything worked out the clinic will start to take you off of it. If you were really wanting help you would call or go there and talk to them. Not ask people on here.
Really you why go off on someone who is asking about it? At least that's a start a step in the right direction. Didn't you ask someone other than a doctor before you started taking the medicine? I know people that a doctor told they may be on it the rest of their lives bc some people are born with addictive personalities and would have a hard time staying away from harder drugs if taking off suboxone. What if people treated you the way you are treating this person for just asking about it? Just bc some sell their pills doesn't mean everyone does and you shouldn't treat others that you don't know as if they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min LMS 148,425
Joey stone is an addict 25 min Just Sayin 4
A Nickname For the Donald 39 min Jedediah 27
Hitchhikers 2 hr living dead girl 2
Repeal 1% Ocuppation Tax Now, We Only Need Thre... 2 hr Posters are stupid 82
Gays who raise chikdren 2 hr Helpless children... 35
Cracker Barrel coming to Pikeville 3 hr curious 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages