What does the Bible say about a abusive husband?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need of help

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2011
Does the Lord intend for the women to forgive them and stay with them? To me I do not think that he would hold it against us if we divorce a man that verbally, mentally, or Physically abuses women.
Diamond

Premium, KY

#2 Mar 26, 2011
Been there ----- I think the bible says they are nemfos just like dope heads .:))
Advice

United States

#3 Mar 26, 2011
Get the heck away from him. Next time it will be worse than the first and there is always a second time that it happens.
hillbillies rule

Panther, WV

#4 Mar 26, 2011
the bible teaches to wake up and get your butt out of the situation before he hurts you.

I don't think any good loving god of justice, wisdom and mercy would want you to stay in a situation that is dangerous and I bet abusing your wife is a major sin.
Diamond

Premium, KY

#5 Mar 26, 2011
My x use to say if I divorced him I was going to hell well if you dont get rid of someone who is doing this to you hell is all your life will ever be.
-oPv

AOL

#6 Mar 26, 2011
In the sundry laws of the OT, it is written that a wife is permitted to divorce her husband. Back then, the wife was required to appear before a high priest, proclaim publically her reasons for requesting a divorce, remove one of her shoes and then slap her shoe upon a table top three times. Then the divorce could be granted. Now a days, a Jewess wife simply files for divorce with a court. No wife, Jew or gentile, need remain with a husband who does not love or honor her.
Diamond

Premium, KY

#7 Mar 26, 2011
-oPv wrote:
In the sundry laws of the OT, it is written that a wife is permitted to divorce her husband. Back then, the wife was required to appear before a high priest, proclaim publically her reasons for requesting a divorce, remove one of her shoes and then slap her shoe upon a table top three times. Then the divorce could be granted. Now a days, a Jewess wife simply files for divorce with a court. No wife, Jew or gentile, need remain with a husband who does not love or honor her.
Iv actally heard of this just wish now days divorces wasnt so costly cost you less then 35 dollars to get married without a wedding add another five to ten thou. and add another 3 to 5 thou. for your divorce .
brother

Panther, WV

#8 Mar 26, 2011
It says to turn the other cheek.
-oPv

AOL

#9 Mar 26, 2011
brother wrote:
It says to turn the other cheek.
What you have overlooked are the following:

Ephesians 5:25-31,33 -- A man should love his wife as Christ loved the church and as he loves his own body.

1 Peter 3:7 -- A man should try to understand what his wife needs, rather than being bitter toward her (Col. 3:19). He will not expect her to do heavy work since she is not as strong. And he will respect her as being of equal spiritual value with himself.

1 Corinthians 7:3-5 -- A husband also shows love by expressing affection and fulfilling the wife's sexual needs.

Turning the other cheek is a phrase in Christian doctrine that refers to responding to an aggressor without violence. The phrase originates from the Sermon on the Mount in the New Testament.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#10 Mar 27, 2011
My fiance would 'never' try to harm me after we get married. It is fact. But if he was a different type person, the type that did that after we married, I have a strong healthy view on the issue. Here's a few lines from a song that explains my convictions better than I can word it .....

"If he wants a fight, well now he's got one...
He slapped my face and he shook me like a rag doll.
Don't that sound like a real man?
I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of, gunpowder and lead.
His fist is big but my gun's bigger.
He'll find out when I pull the trigger."

As for how God views a wife-beater ..... the wife-beating jerk can find that out from God when he sees him a few minutes later after he attacks me.
Stan and Kyle

Corryton, TN

#11 Mar 28, 2011
Need of help wrote:
Does the Lord intend for the women to forgive them and stay with them? To me I do not think that he would hold it against us if we divorce a man that verbally, mentally, or Physically abuses women.
Leave
diamond

Orlando, FL

#12 Feb 21, 2013
I get verbally abuse once in a while and not sure what to do? If I leave then some people family member will suffer. and I stand alone with no family. so what is the best way to handle this? any answers on a best solution.

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#13 Feb 21, 2013
It's not really about what The Bible says about an abusive husband as it is what it says about how a man should treat and respect his wife:

Proverbs 18:22 - "Whoever gets a wife gets a good thing, and has the approval of the Lord."

Proverbs 19:14 - "House and wealth are a heritage from fathers, but a wife with good sense is from the Lord."

Luke 18:20 - "You have knowledge of what the law says: Do not be untrue to your wife.."

Being "untrue" to one's wife can mean more than just unfaithful. It also means disrespectful, mistreating, unconcerned, or abusive in any way.

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#14 Feb 21, 2013
BTW - I forget one of the best scriptures on this issue..

Ephesians 5:28 - "In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself."

That means disrespecting one's wife is disrespecting THEMSELVES.
nacho man

Richmond, KY

#15 Feb 21, 2013
everyone in the world has a place in life...a womans place just so happens to be in the kitchen making me a sammich!

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#16 Feb 21, 2013
nacho man wrote:
everyone in the world has a place in life...a womans place just so happens to be in the kitchen making me a sammich!
You must go hungry then, huh?

:-)
swine slayer sucks balls

Georgetown, KY

#17 Feb 22, 2013
i hear he looks wonderful in a dress in the kitchen making a meatloaf.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#18 Feb 22, 2013
swine slayer sucks balls wrote:
i hear he looks wonderful in a dress in the kitchen making a meatloaf.
He usually makes the meat limp.
Smokin Joe

Winchester, KY

#20 Feb 22, 2013
Look upon the face of your abusive husband with love, when he goes to sleep beat him to death with a ballbat!

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#21 Feb 22, 2013
diamond wrote:
I get verbally abuse once in a while and not sure what to do? If I leave then some people family member will suffer. and I stand alone with no family. so what is the best way to handle this? any answers on a best solution.
You can only be abused if you allow yourself to be abused. Stand up in his face and let him know that you will NOT be treated that way. If he loves you, he will listen, if he doesn't, it may be painful at first, but you will be better off without him. Verbal abuse is the worst kind because it stays hidden within you..no outer scars, and it does so much damage to your soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Lester is an idiot 26 min Thought you knew 4
Walter and Pam May Supporting Jimmy Carter for ... 29 min Thought you knew 25
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 30 min wtf 12,211
McConnell can't run on the issues . 1 hr Thought you knew 5
grimes hates coal 1 hr Thought you knew 21
Frankie Sawyers, is he still married? 2 hr Disgusted 14
Mexicans Muslins Illegals beheadings ENOUGH 3 hr Observer 44
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 5 hr voter 26
Judge (Apr '14) 9 hr truth out 39
Hobby Lobby will not be here long. 17 hr Free Trade Capita... 56