Pikeville 100 vs Kimper 2 (CNN)

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
just heard

Phelps, KY

#1 Nov 28, 2011
I just heard that this story was on CNN.
Former PHS Student

Winchester, KY

#2 Nov 28, 2011
Kimper if you cant shit? Get off the pot! Pikeville kicked your sorry asses! Now who is the best school in the county??? Pikeville!
Valley

Winchester, KY

#3 Nov 28, 2011
Former PHS Student wrote:
Kimper if you cant shit? Get off the pot! Pikeville kicked your sorry asses! Now who is the best school in the county??? Pikeville!
Heard this is pikevilles varsity team this year and been held back until they are shavingI hope this is your varsity we will kick their butt they won't beat us I will guarantee you that. Heard this team didn't even have a gym to practice in had to go to Northpoint tp practice and most of them 11 years old. So what did you do to brag about. Wait until you face real men and not 11 year old kids. By the way heard the county is canceling games with the city not because you're good but because of dirty coaching. Wait until you play us.
wow

Phelps, KY

#4 Nov 28, 2011
Well it's on Yahoo news!!!
wonderful

Lexington, KY

#5 Nov 28, 2011
wow wrote:
Well it's on Yahoo news!!!
Wondering if they have ask for birth cert.for each team member,or is it still to come down the pipeline?I sure other national news outlets will keep us informed.
Sports Fan

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Nov 28, 2011

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 28, 2011
just wondering the same thing #1 why play a 15 yr olds against an 10-11 yr old Pikeville is bad for hold backs in all sports. But come on they shouldnt of done this team like that. No matter how good they are and they are good. Kimper is a very small school and we all know it..It was up to the coaches to change things or was it to make him look big ...well I tell you what it made him look like crap ....shame on you Pikeville .....I hope they make you forfeit your whole season and see how it feels to be on the lsoing side of things.
get over it

Pineville, KY

#8 Nov 28, 2011
1 to ask wrote:
just wondering the same thing #1 why play a 15 yr olds against an 10-11 yr old Pikeville is bad for hold backs in all sports. But come on they shouldnt of done this team like that. No matter how good they are and they are good. Kimper is a very small school and we all know it..It was up to the coaches to change things or was it to make him look big ...well I tell you what it made him look like crap ....shame on you Pikeville .....I hope they make you forfeit your whole season and see how it feels to be on the lsoing side of things.
really are you people stupid, they were both jr. high teams, and pikeville pulled out their starters 7 minutes into the game. and kimper kids just wasnt playing because they beat virgie 70 something to 30 something. people really need to quit talking about how bad pikeville is. i mean grow up i went to pikeville and i sure dont think im better than anyone, and i send my son to a county school. really just get over it there was no reason kimper just scored 2 points i mean millard elementary could have scored more than that...
Priapism

Winchester, KY

#9 Nov 28, 2011
Oh how Mommy and Daddies feeling are hurt, little junior could only score two points in an entire game. Get all mad because the opposing team didn't shoot their shots for them. Pretend the opposing team is made of all seniors and just nothing junior could do. Listen good, you know good and well P'ville played everybody on their team, even the ones who never get off the bench. There is no excuse for such a poor showing, A grade school girls team of beginners could have scored more points. Maybe it is time to give up on the dreams of junior playing for the Cats and find a sport he can actually compete in. What I really want to know is do you really expect us to believe a team couldn't score no more then one shot in an entire game without believing they should just quit the sport altogether? There is no excuse for not making more shots then this. Just wildly throwing the ball up against the backboard should have resulted in more baskets then this. Trust me, this says a lot more about Kimper then it does Pikeville. Let the boys give Ballet a chance, or better yet just stick to academics.
Fan

Pikeville, KY

#10 Nov 28, 2011
Let me start by saying,this is sad,they actually played second grade kids,so yeah you're a big winner,really something to brag about.Kimper community has been left out of the loop for so long.The kids get nothing, they deserve better.They don't have a gym,they travel to the old Mullins school to use the left overs there,when they can even do that.Shame on Pike County Board,it's your problem,fix it!
what a retard

Shelbiana, KY

#11 Nov 28, 2011
Priapism wrote:
Oh how Mommy and Daddies feeling are hurt, little junior could only score two points in an entire game. Get all mad because the opposing team didn't shoot their shots for them. Pretend the opposing team is made of all seniors and just nothing junior could do. Listen good, you know good and well P'ville played everybody on their team, even the ones who never get off the bench. There is no excuse for such a poor showing, A grade school girls team of beginners could have scored more points. Maybe it is time to give up on the dreams of junior playing for the Cats and find a sport he can actually compete in. What I really want to know is do you really expect us to believe a team couldn't score no more then one shot in an entire game without believing they should just quit the sport altogether? There is no excuse for not making more shots then this. Just wildly throwing the ball up against the backboard should have resulted in more baskets then this. Trust me, this says a lot more about Kimper then it does Pikeville. Let the boys give Ballet a chance, or better yet just stick to academics.
Really??? Are u kidding? You must be part of the coaching staff at the "Almighty Panther" school. Pikeville has ALWAYS thought they were better than everyone else in the county. This sounds like a typical thing that they would do! It's SOOOO Pikeville!! Every school has practices for all teams. No, maybe Kimper or some other schools don't have the grandest team, but there's NO excuse for Pikeville doing this! I'm positive that those kids thought that was so great and funny that they were stomping the other team so bad and the coach just kept letting it go on. Sure I believe in giving kids a boost in their confidence, but this is outrageous! Whether those other kids were the worst players in the world, still, think about how those poor kids felt. Ashamed and humiliated!! If you had a child that wanted to play ball more than anything and maybe he wasn't the best but that's all he wanted to do so he tried his hardest, and then he was done like those kimper boys was, I guess it wouldn't bother you to see your child get humiliated, laughed at probably, and made to feel like he was an embarrassment when he played. That wouldn't bother you to see your child feel that way?? If not, something is definately wrong! Hell, back when my son played little league if one of the teams were way ahead the coaches (well most of them) would put in the youngest, most inexperienced ones and give them some playing time, and keep from making the other children feel embarassed and humiliated. What kind of person would do young children like that. I, as an adult, wouldn't appreciate being done like that, in front of an audience especially!! It's just not morally right to do young kids like that and think it's ok! Adult coaches are "suppose" to be teaching kids GOOD sportsmanship and molding them into good athletes. But, like I said Pikeville has always had the same reputation and the tradition continues! I hope they do cancel the rest of their season and maybe the coaches could take some classes on being good role models and teaching kids the right way to play sports and explain it's suppose to be about having FUN!! Maybe the superintendant should make them all (coaches included) write a thousand times "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU"!!!
i agree

Shelbiana, KY

#12 Nov 28, 2011
what a retard wrote:
<quoted text>Really??? Are u kidding? You must be part of the coaching staff at the "Almighty Panther" school. Pikeville has ALWAYS thought they were better than everyone else in the county. This sounds like a typical thing that they would do! It's SOOOO Pikeville!! Every school has practices for all teams. No, maybe Kimper or some other schools don't have the grandest team, but there's NO excuse for Pikeville doing this! I'm positive that those kids thought that was so great and funny that they were stomping the other team so bad and the coach just kept letting it go on. Sure I believe in giving kids a boost in their confidence, but this is outrageous! Whether those other kids were the worst players in the world, still, think about how those poor kids felt. Ashamed and humiliated!! If you had a child that wanted to play ball more than anything and maybe he wasn't the best but that's all he wanted to do so he tried his hardest, and then he was done like those kimper boys was, I guess it wouldn't bother you to see your child get humiliated, laughed at probably, and made to feel like he was an embarrassment when he played. That wouldn't bother you to see your child feel that way?? If not, something is definately wrong! Hell, back when my son played little league if one of the teams were way ahead the coaches (well most of them) would put in the youngest, most inexperienced ones and give them some playing time, and keep from making the other children feel embarassed and humiliated. What kind of person would do young children like that. I, as an adult, wouldn't appreciate being done like that, in front of an audience especially!! It's just not morally right to do young kids like that and think it's ok! Adult coaches are "suppose" to be teaching kids GOOD sportsmanship and molding them into good athletes. But, like I said Pikeville has always had the same reputation and the tradition continues! I hope they do cancel the rest of their season and maybe the coaches could take some classes on being good role models and teaching kids the right way to play sports and explain it's suppose to be about having FUN!! Maybe the superintendant should make them all (coaches included) write a thousand times "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU"!!!
You said it! That is all true and you hit the nail on the head
what a retard

Shelbiana, KY

#13 Nov 28, 2011
Oh, and by the way, I don't have a kid that goes to Kimper. I'm not even sure where it's at. I have a son in high school, but Nobody wants to see their child get done like that. That coach at Pikeville I think has kids, and I'm SURE that he wouldn't like it if anyone EVER done HIS kids like that, especially knowing that another ADULT was the cause!! I blame the coach 100% for this incident. Nobody MADE him do what he did!!!
An old panther

Philadelphia, MS

#14 Nov 28, 2011
what a retard wrote:
<quoted text>Really??? Are u kidding? You must be part of the coaching staff at the "Almighty Panther" school. Pikeville has ALWAYS thought they were better than everyone else in the county. This sounds like a typical thing that they would do! It's SOOOO Pikeville!! Every school has practices for all teams. No, maybe Kimper or some other schools don't have the grandest team, but there's NO excuse for Pikeville doing this! I'm positive that those kids thought that was so great and funny that they were stomping the other team so bad and the coach just kept letting it go on. Sure I believe in giving kids a boost in their confidence, but this is outrageous! Whether those other kids were the worst players in the world, still, think about how those poor kids felt. Ashamed and humiliated!! If you had a child that wanted to play ball more than anything and maybe he wasn't the best but that's all he wanted to do so he tried his hardest, and then he was done like those kimper boys was, I guess it wouldn't bother you to see your child get humiliated, laughed at probably, and made to feel like he was an embarrassment when he played. That wouldn't bother you to see your child feel that way?? If not, something is definately wrong! Hell, back when my son played little league if one of the teams were way ahead the coaches (well most of them) would put in the youngest, most inexperienced ones and give them some playing time, and keep from making the other children feel embarassed and humiliated. What kind of person would do young children like that. I, as an adult, wouldn't appreciate being done like that, in front of an audience especially!! It's just not morally right to do young kids like that and think it's ok! Adult coaches are "suppose" to be teaching kids GOOD sportsmanship and molding them into good athletes. But, like I said Pikeville has always had the same reputation and the tradition continues! I hope they do cancel the rest of their season and maybe the coaches could take some classes on being good role models and teaching kids the right way to play sports and explain it's suppose to be about having FUN!! Maybe the superintendant should make them all (coaches included) write a thousand times "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU"!!!
I agree about part of this but not all of it unless the story I heard was wrong! It is very unsportsman like for a team to do this to children! But pikeville, from what I gathered, played their inexperienced players. I mean not trying to be a jerk but we let you score. It's kids! The children on both Kimper side would have done the same exact thing if they had the opportunity! I am not attempting to justify this game but it could have been worse!
That one guy

Philadelphia, MS

#15 Nov 28, 2011
I agree!
what a retard

Shelbiana, KY

#16 Nov 28, 2011
An old panther wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about part of this but not all of it unless the story I heard was wrong! It is very unsportsman like for a team to do this to children! But pikeville, from what I gathered, played their inexperienced players. I mean not trying to be a jerk but we let you score. It's kids! The children on both Kimper side would have done the same exact thing if they had the opportunity! I am not attempting to justify this game but it could have been worse!
Well if you read ALL of my comments you would've seen that I stated "I DO NOT HAVE A KID THAT GOES TO KIMPER, IM NOT EVEN SURE WHERE THAT IS", "I HAVE ONE SON AND HE IS IN HIGH SCHOOL". So I'm just stating my opinion as a voice of the public. I don't even know anyone from Kimper! I also said that that coach wouldn't appreciate it if another coach made his kids feel that way. Yes, there could be other schools in the world that would do the same thing, but Pikeville has, in all honesty, ALWAYS thought they were better than ANY of the county schools. Rivalry goes on everywhere, but a grown man could've handled this situation better. Did he not think about how those other children felt leaving that game and dreading to face the other kids at school the next day? I, putting myself in their shoes, know how kids can be cruel and tease and make fun of other kids, and I'm sure they went through that and may have to for a long time! It's like that coach was nothing but a big bully by letting his team just keep stomping those kids. And NO DOUBT, it got to be some ambition by the players and coach to see if they could get to the 100 mark! One of these days if his kids has to go through being humiliated by an adult in charge of some kids, and in front of a crown and their peers, maybe he'll realize just what a jerk he really is!!
what a retard

Shelbiana, KY

#17 Nov 28, 2011
CORRECTION.....CROWD* instead of crown in that last line
Priapism

Winchester, KY

#18 Nov 28, 2011
what a retard wrote:
sorry to disappoint you but I have no affiliation with either School, no Children in either of them. However, I do have a nephew that does attend Kimper. What I'm having trouble figuring out is what you would have expected the opposing team to do. Short of maybe setting down the five inexperienced players that were in the game and just letting Kimper play uncontested by themselves. Maybe they could have scored another basket then Mom and Dad wouldn't be so upset for junior. I'm not even sure the refs would have let Kimper play all by themselves. Even if they did just what would that have taught the Children. That if you are losing the opposing team ought to sit down and let you catch back up. I may be a little harsh but the truth is the truth, no matter who it hurts. Scoring two points in an entire game , even if you do not have a gym, is unacceptable by anybodies standards. The other truth is what kind of parent would put their child in such a situation in the first place. To actually go in to a ballgame and fully expect the opposing team to let you score, sorry, to score for you. Any decent parent or decent Coach would have forfeited the game and any upcoming games to save those children from further embarrassment. I don't really mean to upset anybody but please explain just what you would have expected the opposing team to do?

“I'm happy when it rains ”

Since: Oct 11

Wherever I Wander

#19 Nov 28, 2011
Sports Fan wrote:
It says "Sorry. The link you requested was not found" when I clicked on the link. I would like to see a link to the CNN story about it, if there really is one.

“I'm happy when it rains ”

Since: Oct 11

Wherever I Wander

#20 Nov 28, 2011
I meant, it says "Sorry. The PAGE you requested was not found" when I clicked on the link.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr Bye Bye Trump 5,889
Keith Faces New Charges 1 hr Uh Oh Ray 9
JKC 2018 for Pikeville City Commissioner 1 hr Lmfao 7
oh no poor TJ 2 hr Fill Hip 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr another viewer 169,930
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 4 hr i would 38,526
Pike Central Basketball Under Investigation? 4 hr Impartial Fan 16
TJ'S Testimony 5 hr Snort the Coke 48
Ray Jones on WYMT 11 hr Ray and UMG 26

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages