Nurse's salary at PMC?
BSCTC_Student

Winchester, KY

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Does anyone know how much they start nurse's out at per hour? Which department makes more money? Any suggestions for a nursing student??
Former PCM nurse

Richmond, KY

#2 Jun 26, 2012
When I started there 5 years ago, it was 19/hr. Right now in Lexington, I am making 38/hr in ICU. Plus rent is far cheaper in Lexington and nurses are treated better by the docs.
henry

Waco, KY

#4 Jun 27, 2012
ER and ICU pay the most. The base rate at PMC is 19 something an hour, bedside pay is an extra $2, plus an extra $2 for night shift. May not be completely accurate but pretty close.
PMC Nurse

Ivel, KY

#6 Jun 30, 2012
Floor nurses make $24/hr, ER & ICU make $29/hr, but ICU gets a bedside differential, so they make closer to $33/hr. PMC had amazing benefits, though. Your healthcare is free & anything you get done at PMC is totally free, everywhere else is 80/20. And you can put as many family members as you want on your plan for about $90 a month. You get good sick & vacation hours, but any nurse there will probably tell you that sometimes it seems like the only way you'll get a vacation is to have a baby! LOL.
PMC Nurse

Ivel, KY

#7 Jun 30, 2012
Former PCM nurse wrote:
When I started there 5 years ago, it was 19/hr. Right now in Lexington, I am making 38/hr in ICU. Plus rent is far cheaper in Lexington and nurses are treated better by the docs.
The PMC doctors do have a tendency to treat pretty much everyone like sh*t because they think they're better than you.
LPNs

Morristown, TN

#8 Jun 30, 2012
Do they hire LPNs? How much an hr?
skooter

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jun 30, 2012
I know some nurses that don't deserve $5.00 a hour.Most of them are on the 8th floor.
PMC Nurse

Prestonsburg, KY

#10 Jul 1, 2012
LPNs wrote:
They do a little, but its really hard. You pretty much have to be friends with who's hiring you. Its worth it to go to a few more classes to get your RN. Someone told me they were phasing them out, but IDK.
BSCTC_Student2

Clay City, KY

#11 Jul 1, 2012
LPN's are getting phased out, that's what I was going for in the beginning. It's best to either go for RN, or medical assisting.
Former nurse in Pikeville

Winchester, KY

#12 Jul 1, 2012
Its best to get a BSN as well, with an associates degree you will never have a chance to move up. I also agree with the early post about going to Lexington. Much better pay, much better treatment, and you see a better variety of patients to learn your skills. And Lexington is far cheaper to live in with more to do.
Stay away from PMC

London, KY

#13 Jul 5, 2012
LPNs wrote:
PMC is a horrible place to work and they treat nurses horrible. It's a big money making scheme, which is one reason they are always short staffed (less they have to pay). It's hard for PMC to keep anyone for long because they work people to death and trust me, the benefits aren't that great. I know everyone says go on to more school but if you are an LPN and need a job now, various ARH hospitals in the area have current openings for LPNs. I know hazard does and I think whitesburg does too. It's just a better place to work, great benefits and they are much better organized and managed than PMC could ever be.
Grandfather

Harold, KY

#14 Jul 5, 2012
PMC Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
They do a little, but its really hard. You pretty much have to be friends with who's hiring you. Its worth it to go to a few more classes to get your RN. Someone told me they were phasing them out, but IDK.
Phasing out LPN's...What a laugh...Who would do the work...Most Rn's sure don't...and the poor aides...bless their hearts..Some good RN's...but yes get your RN...if you are going to do their job get the pay...and if they are phasing them out then why do they still have LPN school?..Just some crabby a$$ RN on here who lost her job because she got caught in the drugs a few days ago
sorry

Harold, KY

#15 Jul 5, 2012
PMC Nurse wrote:
Floor nurses make $24/hr, ER & ICU make $29/hr, but ICU gets a bedside differential, so they make closer to $33/hr. PMC had amazing benefits, though. Your healthcare is free & anything you get done at PMC is totally free, everywhere else is 80/20. And you can put as many family members as you want on your plan for about $90 a month. You get good sick & vacation hours, but any nurse there will probably tell you that sometimes it seems like the only way you'll get a vacation is to have a baby! LOL.
You must work under Sandy...Bet she takes one...and all her family...was told I would not get mine this month...
PMC Nurse

Prestonsburg, KY

#16 Jul 6, 2012
Grandfather wrote:
<quoted text>Phasing out LPN's...What a laugh...Who would do the work...Most Rn's sure don't...and the poor aides...bless their hearts..Some good RN's...but yes get your RN...if you are going to do their job get the pay...and if they are phasing them out then why do they still have LPN school?..Just some crabby a$$ RN on here who lost her job because she got caught in the drugs a few days ago
PMC hires nursing assistants to do the dirty work. And you'll be hard pressed to find an LPN job at PMC, just look at the job listings, duh. My mother is an LPN & was told by PMC that they were moving away from hiring LPN's because CNA's do almost the same work for a lot less. Are you an LPN who has tried to get a job at PMC? No? Then do us all a favor & don't talk about things you clearly know nothing about. I happen to be a nurse, a clean, non pill snorting nurse who actually knows something about the business. I didn't even say they were phasing them out, I said I wasn't sure, but Big Sandy IS thinking about discontinuing their program because you can't find an LPN job anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min usa 163,278
whats nathan damron into these days? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uknowit 11
FBI Transportation Cabinet Version 2017 1 hr Outsider 144
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr you are depressed 4,398
Does God hate hillbillies 2 hr Wat 15
My wife has huge jugs 2 hr Mandy 4
Word Association (Aug '11) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 7,787

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance