pmc * bonus and raises*
question

Pikeville, KY

#41 Oct 18, 2009
PMS stragidy wrote:
<quoted text> first of all, if i was having a heart episode i would come to pmc. they do have the latest meds available, and this is what is needed during a heart attack. i would not come here for elective heart surgery. second, i assure my info is accurate. you can take it or leave it.
You are right, we all should take every word that someone says on topix as the gospel. So tell me this in all your infinate knowlege of PMC. How can a hospital get a death on their mortality rate if the person is not a patient or not even on hospital grounds. If you work there you should know the answer to that question. If you dont, then you are just blowing smoke behind a user name because they wouldnt give you 120 oc's for getting a splinter.
PMC stragidy

United States

#42 Oct 18, 2009
question wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, we all should take every word that someone says on topix as the gospel. So tell me this in all your infinate knowlege of PMC. How can a hospital get a death on their mortality rate if the person is not a patient or not even on hospital grounds. If you work there you should know the answer to that question. If you dont, then you are just blowing smoke behind a user name because they wouldnt give you 120 oc's for getting a splinter.
listen, i didn't say that "we all should take every word that someone says on topix as the gospel". most of its prob. false. as for your question, i didn'd say that a patient death is charged to a facility's mortality rate if they wasn't a patient or on the grounds. it is a calculation based on several factors. just because a patient dies in a hospital does not mean the hospital m-rate is charged with it.
question

Pikeville, KY

#43 Oct 18, 2009
So, here is an example. Lets say a patient got dicharged from the hospital at 10:30 am on a Tuesday. They go home, all is well. At 9:30 Tuesday night, they hop in the car with their spouse to go to Wendy's for chili. On the way there, they are involved in a car crash and both people in the car die. Where it was less than 24 hours from the discharge from the hospital, it counts as a death for that hospital they was discharged from.

So you must not work at the hospital or you should have known that. So where do you get your info from?
PMC stragidy

United States

#44 Oct 18, 2009
question wrote:
So, here is an example. Lets say a patient got dicharged from the hospital at 10:30 am on a Tuesday. They go home, all is well. At 9:30 Tuesday night, they hop in the car with their spouse to go to Wendy's for chili. On the way there, they are involved in a car crash and both people in the car die. Where it was less than 24 hours from the discharge from the hospital, it counts as a death for that hospital they was discharged from.
So you must not work at the hospital or you should have known that. So where do you get your info from?
anybody knows that would not be charged to a facility's m-rate as a heart procedure or any other procedure. it would be added to the over 800 deaths per year in ky involving motorized vehicals. hey, lets get back to our bonus.
Been There and Done That

Harold, KY

#45 Oct 18, 2009
Newsflash wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospitals have to pay their employees a competitive rate to retain them. PMC bonuses are in lieu of MODEST cost of living increases that PMC employees DIDN'T get last year due to the economic downturn. In addition, PMC senior admins took an 8% PAY CUT to help keep PMC afloat and not have to lay anybody off. Employees only get paid a little extra... and it's not a huge bonus, if, and only if, the hospital can remain in the red. PMC employees have families and bills just like everyone else, and their costs are going up just like everyone else. PMC has not had to lay off a single employee, unlike other hospitals in the area because they run a financially sound business. So save your sanctimonius outrage for something you can better defend. Everybody's gotta eat!
8% is a drop in the bucket honey for what the admin. already receives. Yes I feel sorry for the workers at PMC. The hopital is already top-heavy with administrators, rid the place of the perks that the adminstrators receive and maybe your salaries and bonuses will increase, and you might get rid of the infections that you keep spreading.

What is the deal with remaining in the RED, doesn't that mean it is going under. I thought to stay afloat in business world you had to operate in the BLACK.

People are not blind to your institution and it's Christian Environment.

Whatever the bonus is, it won't be enough for the deserving worker and if you are an administrator, don't pat yourself on the back, ok.
question

Pikeville, KY

#46 Oct 18, 2009
PMC stragidy wrote:
<quoted text> anybody knows that would not be charged to a facility's m-rate as a heart procedure or any other procedure. it would be added to the over 800 deaths per year in ky involving motorized vehicals. hey, lets get back to our bonus.
Wrong. It will count as both. If a person dies within 24 hour of being discharge, for whatever reason, it counts on that hospitals mortality rate. If you work at a hospital, ask around, you will find out I am telling the truth. If you dont,then all the stuff you said is just hearsay.
PMC stragidy

United States

#47 Oct 18, 2009
question wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. It will count as both. If a person dies within 24 hour of being discharge, for whatever reason, it counts on that hospitals mortality rate. If you work at a hospital, ask around, you will find out I am telling the truth. If you dont,then all the stuff you said is just hearsay.
maybe u r correct. i'm not sure. i do not deal with statastic record keeping. i'm sure that there are all sorts of rules and regulations dealing with this that i am not aware of. i do know the right people at pmc do know rule and regulations inside and out. you have to know the rules to manipulate them. what i have posted is very true. pmc works the numbers. oh... and i never said i work as an employee there.
justsaying

Bays, KY

#48 Oct 19, 2009
INFO MAN wrote:
FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON"T REALIZE HO GOOD PMC REALLY IS HERE ARE THE FACTS
The Level 4 Excellence Award The Kentucky Center for Performance Excellence
5-Star Rating for Cholecystectomy
5-Star Rating for Hip Fracture Repair
5-Star Rating for Treatment of Pneumonia
5-Star Rating for Treatment of Respiratory Failure
American Cancer Society’s “Multiple Team Excellence Award”
American Cancer Society’s Community Volunteer of the Year Award to the Leonard Lawson Cancer Center
American Diabetes Association’s Recognition Award to PMC’s Diabetes Education department
Best Places to Work in KY Award (#4) Awarded by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
Central Kentucky Blood Center’s Lifetime Achievement Award presented to Walter E. May
Chamber of Commerce award for Community Involvement
CMS Certificate of Appreciation presented to the Wellness Department
Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award presented by the American College of Surgeons (given to the top 7 percent of cancer programs in the nation each year)
Get Healthy Kentucky Award recipient (by the governor’s office)
Hospital of Choice recipient and a Top 10 finalist for the nation’s Hospital of the Year award by the American Alliance of Health Care Providers
Kentucky Hospital Association Award for Leadership and Governance award
Kentucky’s First Level 3 Accredited Chest Pain Center, the highest recognition given by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
McKesson National VIP Award for Supporting Organizational Growth and Technology
National American Organization of Nurse Executive Award (Partnership Award) presented to Cheryl Hickman
PMC’s Leonard Lawson Cancer Center was the recipient of the highly-acclaimed Judith Ann Cook Excellence Award (the only hospital in Kentucky to receive the award)
PRC 4-Star Customer Service Top Performer for Overall Inpatient Services
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Cardiothoracic Vascular Unit
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Inpatient Rehabilitation (Top 1% in the Nation)
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Obstetrics
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Oncology (Top 1% in the Nation)
PRC Cancer/Oncology Top Performer (Overall Quality of Care)
Ranked Among the Top 10 (#8) in Kentucky for Joint Replacement
Top 10 Best Places to Work in Kentucky (two consecutive years)
I want to say thank you to the employees of PMC. You have a job that is sometimes hard. I have a great deal of respect for people that live their entire lives helping people. When a person checks the facts they realize just how good of a hospital we have right here in PIkeville. But anyway, to the employees of Pikeville Medical Hospital, thank you for the work that you.
Who did all the statistcal data on this a third party organaztion paid by PMC? Hmmmmmmmm?
Lady

Pikeville, KY

#49 Oct 19, 2009
PMC stragidy wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe u r correct. i'm not sure. i do not deal with statastic record keeping. i'm sure that there are all sorts of rules and regulations dealing with this that i am not aware of. i do know the right people at pmc do know rule and regulations inside and out. you have to know the rules to manipulate them. what i have posted is very true. pmc works the numbers. oh... and i never said i work as an employee there.
Geez I'm tired of seeing you spell strategy wrong!! It's S-T-R-A-T-E-G-Y!! I had to say something; You are getting on my nerves.
Just saying

Winchester, KY

#50 Oct 19, 2009
I think she is using PMC'S tragedy as the name and just spelling it different for a name. I don't think she even meant to use the word STRATEGY.
Craig

Harold, KY

#51 Oct 19, 2009
justsaying wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did all the statistcal data on this a third party organaztion paid by PMC? Hmmmmmmmm?
What you are "just saying" is exactly the truth. These organizations are hired internally by the hospital to evaluate these services. Are you going to bite they hand that feeds you? Show me the money and I'll give you 6 stars.
INFO MAN

Manchester, KY

#53 Oct 19, 2009
justsaying wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, all a person needs to do is go to their little search bar and type in Pikeville Medical Center and you will find this information. That was posted not by a PMC employee but by a hard working coal miner that thinks that it is stupid to see PMC and it's employees put down.
lol

Bays, KY

#54 Oct 20, 2009
INFO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, all a person needs to do is go to their little search bar and type in Pikeville Medical Center and you will find this information. That was posted not by a PMC employee but by a hard working coal miner that thinks that it is stupid to see PMC and it's employees put down.
Oh, wow a search bar along with all the other half truths on the internet I bet you beleive in the flying spagheti monster too? What a joke just because it's on a website doesn't mean it's true. If was true who were they competing against the hospitals in the Congo what a joke.
Unless you have stronger evidence then shut up...pfff.
CLASSY

Clarksville, TN

#55 Oct 20, 2009
Don't you just think it's so classy of PMC to put a sweet little reminder on the CEILING above the EMERGENCY ROOM beds so those that come in that may be DYING can look up at the CEILING while struggling to LIVE and be REMINDED that they will be billed by another Marshall Services?

Classy eh?

Who the HELL wants to be on their death bed and stare into a huge sign on the furking ceiling reminding them about the extra bill they will leave behind and how they can pay for it with Visa, Master Card, American Express or Money Order! That is.... if they live.

I think they need to replace those huge BANNERS on the CEILING reminding VERY, VERY sick and DYING people about their BILL they may leave behind with something CALMING. Who the hell wants that to be the last thing they see before they die???

At Dr. Altman, McGuire, & Crum's office they have HUGE signs above the beds that LIGHT UP of beautiful skies, clouds, rainbows, grass & flowers. Maybe PMC should take some of that bonus money and fix that mess.
money talks

United States

#56 Oct 20, 2009
justsaying wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LET ME THINK Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YES!!!!!!!!!!
INFO MAN

Jackson, KY

#57 Oct 20, 2009
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wow a search bar along with all the other half truths on the internet I bet you beleive in the flying spagheti monster too? What a joke just because it's on a website doesn't mean it's true. If was true who were they competing against the hospitals in the Congo what a joke.
Unless you have stronger evidence then shut up...pfff.
I don't believe in a flying spaghetti monster. Actually I believe in a one-eyed purple people eater, the tooth fairy. Plus I can shoot fire from my azz and bolts of lightning from eyes. lol. Was that really the best you can come up with? lmao Hmm, Anyway, I don't think that PMC would post stats about themselves that are not true. I trust the web site. Plus if you watch your local news and listen to the radio then you would know that PMC is in the news often. Someone like you probally doesn't believe the news either? Plus if you look hard enough retard, you can find these stats on non-bias websites as well. Why are you being so offended by someone posting the achievements of a hospital? Before you assume that someone is wrong, go and check the facts for your self. Anyway, if someone said that you were an intelligent person I would wonder if you were competing against..........hmm.....donke ys. Anyway, enjoy your day of accusing people of being liars and being a loser. I sure that is the only thing that a loser like you comes on this site to do anyway. Put everyone down and accuse everyone of being liars. By the way, you spelled spaghetti wrong. Yummy, spagetthi. That sounds pretty good right now.
BAD INFO

United States

#58 Oct 20, 2009
INFO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in a flying spaghetti monster. Actually I believe in a one-eyed purple people eater, the tooth fairy. Plus I can shoot fire from my azz and bolts of lightning from eyes. lol. Was that really the best you can come up with? lmao Hmm, Anyway, I don't think that PMC would post stats about themselves that are not true. I trust the web site. Plus if you watch your local news and listen to the radio then you would know that PMC is in the news often. Someone like you probally doesn't believe the news either? Plus if you look hard enough retard, you can find these stats on non-bias websites as well. Why are you being so offended by someone posting the achievements of a hospital? Before you assume that someone is wrong, go and check the facts for your self. Anyway, if someone said that you were an intelligent person I would wonder if you were competing against..........hmm.....donke ys. Anyway, enjoy your day of accusing people of being liars and being a loser. I sure that is the only thing that a loser like you comes on this site to do anyway. Put everyone down and accuse everyone of being liars. By the way, you spelled spaghetti wrong. Yummy, spagetthi. That sounds pretty good right now.
you are so wrong. pmc will do or say anything to make the public think better of them. they need to start with an er department, then a few docs that can speak english and then work their way up the next 12 or 13 floors. this hospital in in no way any better than any of the smaller ones around here. arh hospitals have a seperate entrance for patients that are running a fever or showing signs of a illness that may be contagious. you go to pmc with a broke toe, you leave with h1n1. and you don't even see a doctor if you go to pmc with flu like symptons. some young girl that has problems forming a sentence talks to you. that place is really a joke.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#59 Oct 20, 2009
BAD INFO wrote:
<quoted text> you are so wrong. pmc will do or say anything to make the public think better of them. they need to start with an er department, then a few docs that can speak english and then work their way up the next 12 or 13 floors. this hospital in in no way any better than any of the smaller ones around here. arh hospitals have a seperate entrance for patients that are running a fever or showing signs of a illness that may be contagious. you go to pmc with a broke toe, you leave with h1n1. and you don't even see a doctor if you go to pmc with flu like symptons. some young girl that has problems forming a sentence talks to you. that place is really a joke.
Nice research. How can they work doctors up to the 12 and 13th floor when they dont even have that many. Way to go. Just keep posting blindly and I am sure everyone will believe you.
silentmajority

Bays, KY

#60 Oct 20, 2009
BAD INFO wrote:
<quoted text> you are so wrong. pmc will do or say anything to make the public think better of them. they need to start with an er department, then a few docs that can speak english and then work their way up the next 12 or 13 floors. this hospital in in no way any better than any of the smaller ones around here. arh hospitals have a seperate entrance for patients that are running a fever or showing signs of a illness that may be contagious. you go to pmc with a broke toe, you leave with h1n1. and you don't even see a doctor if you go to pmc with flu like symptons. some young girl that has problems forming a sentence talks to you. that place is really a joke.
Anybody that beleives that PMC is a good hospital there is remoted hospital camps in Kenya that fair better. If I had my own website I would boast on myself too it is after all a buisness like any other..
wondering

Pikeville, KY

#61 Oct 20, 2009
So how many people posting all the bad stuff on here have actually been in the hospital there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert E. Lee, The Real Hero!! 4 hr Icnoptnthis 58
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Patriot 166,449
Kenneth Lee Newsome 4 hr Rockwell Dep 1
PMC Chaplains 5 hr Prayer Warrior 5
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 5 hr Kyboy 5,401
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 hr Kyboy 37,554
15th Region Dunker 5 hr Downtown 5
Ashley Brown lied to voters 6 hr Hypocrites 45
ANE Mum on Senator Ray Jones 13 hr Outrage 57

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages