pmc * bonus and raises*
WOW

Phelps, KY

#21 Oct 17, 2009
not even 1st aid wrote:
<quoted text> i may be able to agree with raises or maybe even a bonus for employees that work at a real health care facility. this place is not really good at anything. most good hospitals are known for something that they do really well. not this place. they have to send you somewhere else for a broken hand. they can't stop the bleeding from a cut off toe. their mortality rate for heart surgery over time sucks. why should anyone here even get a paycheck?
Have you ever had to go there to get treated? Where did you get flown off to? It appears that you didnt hurt their mortality rate because you are on here runnin your mouth.

How about this, instead of sitting here bitching about it, give up your SSI check and your 4 wheeler and go back to school. Get a job there, and make changes yourself. You can do it!!! Just gotta get up out of bed early in the mornings for your training, that is the only draw back to ths plan. If you dont like it, dont go there. Move on down the road to the other fine hospitals in this area. I hear Jenkins will welcome you in with open arms. Same as McDowell hospital.
Sue

Pikeville, KY

#22 Oct 17, 2009
I am not a relative or friend of anyone who has has an opinion here...but, I take offense at the statements made in reference to someone such as a wife who decides to work at home instead of outside the home. I have been married almost 34 yrs., I was fortunate enough to stay home with my 2 children until they were 10 and 14. During that time I assure you I was not sitting, watching TV, and eating bon bons. I kept a spotless house, cooked good meals, volunteered at the school, kept the grass mowed and yes I did watch my soaps. Then I along with my husband decided an extra income would help with college educations, etc. I am certain there are housewives who sit around all day watch TV, don't cook decent meals nor do they teach their kids values of any kind. But please don't put all housewives into that category. My advice to the Mother's and Wife's who don't put their families first, big mistake. You only get one shot. You blink your eyes and the kids are grown and gone on with their own lives. Don't you want to have some wonderful memories of your little ones, like I do. Please be considerate when talking about the career of a HOUSEWIFE! Yes it is a job, the only difference in working at home than outside the home, in my opinion, is at home you are the boss. Believe me, I had several managers when I worked, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. To the person who started the bon bon thing on here, the odds are your Mother was one that worked at home. Show some respect for the ones that did and continue to raise families the way they should be. I will now step down from my soapbox and clean, cook and take care of my man.
Sue

Pikeville, KY

#23 Oct 17, 2009
Sorry, before I do start my cleaning, I got so carried away, I forgot to mention this...during the last several yrs. my family has had the sad experience of having loved ones in and out of the hospital. We could not have asked for better care from the nurses, aides, doctors, and kitchen staff at PMC. Everyone was so considerate and helpful. My daughter is an RN, she doesn't work at PMC, (she lives out of town). I feel every nurse, aide, etc. deserve each and every raise or bonus they get and more. Had it not been for these folks our loved ones would suffered more. Please try not to trash PMC, because I promise you I have seen pretty bad things at one of the hospitals in Lexington. I would not wish that on anyone. My family member was sent there by PMC because of the procedure she needed. I will take our nurses and hospital anyday. I know there are good and bad at every hospital, but I think have more good. My daughter works in oncology, and knowing her to be a daughter anyone would be proud to call their own, I sure hope if any of your family members ever have to be treated for the awful disease of cancer, I would hope you be blessed to have a nurse in your corner like my daughter. I may sound a bragging Mother, well I guess I am. Let's be thankful for what we have available here in Pikeville. YOU GO NURSES, AIDES, ANY EMPLOYEE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.
not even first aid

United States

#24 Oct 17, 2009
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever had to go there to get treated? Where did you get flown off to? It appears that you didnt hurt their mortality rate because you are on here runnin your mouth.
How about this, instead of sitting here bitching about it, give up your SSI check and your 4 wheeler and go back to school. Get a job there, and make changes yourself. You can do it!!! Just gotta get up out of bed early in the mornings for your training, that is the only draw back to ths plan. If you dont like it, dont go there. Move on down the road to the other fine hospitals in this area. I hear Jenkins will welcome you in with open arms. Same as McDowell hospital.
yes i have been treated there and it was not a good experience at all. you can't understand the er doctors. i was sent home because they said nothing was wrong. two days later i was at kings daughters having a pace maker installed. they said that this should have been caught by pikeville. the numbers for pmc mortality rates speak for theirself. they are below average. i dont get ssi or any other kind of government help. i have worked for 34 years now. i make a very good living and i am proud of my work. i get bonuses every year. these bonuses are are based on my work and the quality of my work. my company doesn't give bonuses to employees that are under or just meet requirements. at pmc there is no reason to try to go above and beyond. everybody gets a bonus. i do own a few 4 wheelers. if you want one give me your home address and i'll bring you one. i am highly "trained" at what i do and i have no problem getting out of bed. as you know jenkins is no longer a hospital. i have been to mcdowell. it is a good hospital. they tell you what they are capable of doing and that is exactly what they do. it is a community hospital..no more, no less. pmc claims to be able to do a lot of things that they can't do, or they do badly, or that they can only do if all the circumstances are perfect (low chance of complications).
WOW

Phelps, KY

#25 Oct 17, 2009
not even first aid wrote:
<quoted text> yes i have been treated there and it was not a good experience at all. you can't understand the er doctors. i was sent home because they said nothing was wrong. two days later i was at kings daughters having a pace maker installed. they said that this should have been caught by pikeville. the numbers for pmc mortality rates speak for theirself. they are below average. i dont get ssi or any other kind of government help. i have worked for 34 years now. i make a very good living and i am proud of my work. i get bonuses every year. these bonuses are are based on my work and the quality of my work. my company doesn't give bonuses to employees that are under or just meet requirements. at pmc there is no reason to try to go above and beyond. everybody gets a bonus. i do own a few 4 wheelers. if you want one give me your home address and i'll bring you one. i am highly "trained" at what i do and i have no problem getting out of bed. as you know jenkins is no longer a hospital. i have been to mcdowell. it is a good hospital. they tell you what they are capable of doing and that is exactly what they do. it is a community hospital..no more, no less. pmc claims to be able to do a lot of things that they can't do, or they do badly, or that they can only do if all the circumstances are perfect (low chance of complications).
If that is really the case about the heart problems, why didnt you get your records from both hospitals and sue PMC? It seems to me it would be a open and closed case.
WTF

Pikeville, KY

#26 Oct 17, 2009
What does any of this have to do with raises or bonuses?
WOW

Phelps, KY

#27 Oct 17, 2009
IDK, I think that everyone that works there should get a raise and a bonus. I am very happy and comfortable with the care that was gave to me there. I will have no problem at all in going back there if I ever have to have anything done in a hospital. I think all the nurses there are overworked and underpaid.
privateinterests

Island City, KY

#28 Oct 17, 2009
WOW wrote:
IDK, I think that everyone that works there should get a raise and a bonus. I am very happy and comfortable with the care that was gave to me there. I will have no problem at all in going back there if I ever have to have anything done in a hospital. I think all the nurses there are overworked and underpaid.
Shamless plug, corporate boot licker
WOW

Phelps, KY

#29 Oct 17, 2009
privateinterests wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamless plug, corporate boot licker
I would agree with that, but I am really not the corporate type... if anything, I am very far from that. I am just a dumb ole hillbilly who went there twice in my life for being hurt. Sorry for expressing my opinon. Maybe my next statement after this one will be more for your likng.
listen i hear walt may

United States

#30 Oct 17, 2009
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>I would agree with that, but I am really not the corporate type... if anything, I am very far from that. I am just a dumb ole hillbilly who went there twice in my life for being hurt. Sorry for expressing my opinon. Maybe my next statement after this one will be more for your likng.
i hear walter calling you. he's saying something about getting down on your knees and taking care of him again. o wait... it may be be your department manager calling... not sure
you stupid one

Phelps, KY

#31 Oct 17, 2009
listen i hear walt may wrote:
<quoted text> i hear walter calling you. he's saying something about getting down on your knees and taking care of him again. o wait... it may be be your department manager calling... not sure
What is the deal with that, you have ole man walt on speed dial or just on a party line with him? Grow up little boy. Or better yet, ask mommy and daddy if you are allowed on this website.
info

Elkhorn City, KY

#32 Oct 18, 2009
not even first aid wrote:
<quoted text> yes i have been treated there and it was not a good experience at all. you can't understand the er doctors. i was sent home because they said nothing was wrong. two days later i was at kings daughters having a pace maker installed. they said that this should have been caught by pikeville. the numbers for pmc mortality rates speak for theirself. they are below average. i dont get ssi or any other kind of government help. i have worked for 34 years now. i make a very good living and i am proud of my work. i get bonuses every year. these bonuses are are based on my work and the quality of my work. my company doesn't give bonuses to employees that are under or just meet requirements. at pmc there is no reason to try to go above and beyond. everybody gets a bonus. i do own a few 4 wheelers. if you want one give me your home address and i'll bring you one. i am highly "trained" at what i do and i have no problem getting out of bed. as you know jenkins is no longer a hospital. i have been to mcdowell. it is a good hospital. they tell you what they are capable of doing and that is exactly what they do. it is a community hospital..no more, no less. pmc claims to be able to do a lot of things that they can't do, or they do badly, or that they can only do if all the circumstances are perfect (low chance of complications).
i don't know where you get your info from but it isn't correct, sir. PMC is one of only a few heart accredited hospitals in the region, because of this they preform cardiac surgeries alot of other hospitals aren't equiped to perform. So naturally the mortality rate would be higher than a lesser hospital like ARH. But for your info the mortality rates for cardiac surgeries in 2007-sept 12 2009 are as follows: Kings daughters 3.8%, Cabell Huntington 3.2%, Holston valley 4.5%, Cardinal Hill 2.8%, U.K 4.2%,Central Baptist 3.0%, St. Josephs 4.4%, and PMC 2.2%. Thank You and please research next time.
Sue

Pikeville, KY

#33 Oct 18, 2009
I have an opinion, just like everyone else. Here goes...if for any reason anyone is not comfortable going to PMC, here is a thought go somewhere else. Then you will have something to compare one experience against the other. Just because someone has something nice to say about something doesn't justify some of the above mentioned comments. When I worked I had some supervisor's I liked and some not. If an employee were on here bellyaching, I am sure someone would be on here saying some rather crass things about that as well. Like I was saying, the next time you or a family member need medical attention, go somewhere else. Remember I commented before about having family members in out of town hospitals, not a good experience. Not only Lexington come to think of it, my brother had to go into Wellmont in Tn. for observation, he was there for so long without anyone coming in, such as a nurse or aide, he told them (when I asked for someone), had he been discharged or something because he felt they had forgotten he was there. So don't wish for something better, you just might have it and not know it. Have a healthy day!
PMC stragidy

United States

#34 Oct 18, 2009
info wrote:
<quoted text> i don't know where you get your info from but it isn't correct, sir. PMC is one of only a few heart accredited hospitals in the region, because of this they preform cardiac surgeries alot of other hospitals aren't equiped to perform. So naturally the mortality rate would be higher than a lesser hospital like ARH. But for your info the mortality rates for cardiac surgeries in 2007-sept 12 2009 are as follows: Kings daughters 3.8%, Cabell Huntington 3.2%, Holston valley 4.5%, Cardinal Hill 2.8%, U.K 4.2%,Central Baptist 3.0%, St. Josephs 4.4%, and PMC 2.2%. Thank You and please research next time.
ARH and other some other hospitals don't claim to be able to do heart cases. they do what they say, and they do it well. The reason for the lower rate at PMC is that they pick only the cases with the least possibility of a problem or later complications. They pick the "text book" cases. The others are sent to one of the facilities that you mentioned which causes two things to happen. 1 - It keeps pmc mortality rates low. 2 - It causes other facility rates to go up. I know for a fact that this is their stragidy. pmc tries to maniplate every rating that they are measured by. You look at the surface numbers and call that "research". Other hospitals will take on the hard cases. the ones that have an 85% chance of a bad outcome. pmc will not take one on that has a 20% or above chance of a bad outcome.
question

Phelps, KY

#35 Oct 18, 2009
PMC stragidy wrote:
<quoted text> ARH and other some other hospitals don't claim to be able to do heart cases. they do what they say, and they do it well. The reason for the lower rate at PMC is that they pick only the cases with the least possibility of a problem or later complications. They pick the "text book" cases. The others are sent to one of the facilities that you mentioned which causes two things to happen. 1 - It keeps pmc mortality rates low. 2 - It causes other facility rates to go up. I know for a fact that this is their stragidy. pmc tries to maniplate every rating that they are measured by. You look at the surface numbers and call that "research". Other hospitals will take on the hard cases. the ones that have an 85% chance of a bad outcome. pmc will not take one on that has a 20% or above chance of a bad outcome.
You get this info from where? Something you just thought of or made up, or do you have inside info? What happens if it is a emergency case and they patient cant be flown out and there is a 97% chance the patient wont make it, what do they do then?

One question, how can a hospital be charged with a death on their mortality rate if the person isnt even a patient at the hospital, do you know the answer to that?
PMC stragidy

United States

#36 Oct 18, 2009
question wrote:
<quoted text>You get this info from where? Something you just thought of or made up, or do you have inside info? What happens if it is a emergency case and they patient cant be flown out and there is a 97% chance the patient wont make it, what do they do then?
One question, how can a hospital be charged with a death on their mortality rate if the person isnt even a patient at the hospital, do you know the answer to that?
i really do know this for a fact. i can't tell you how. i have bills just like everybody else. if an emergency of some sort comes up where heart surgery is needed, and for some reason the patient can't be transferred to a more capible facility the patient will be treated with meds only until they can be moved. if during surgery of a low risk patient an unforseen complication or emergency comes up the priority becomes getting the patient closed up and sent out. other facilities deal with the emergency and if any way possible, go on with the planned surgery. another problem with the pmc heart program is when an emergency comes up while a patient is on the cath table and the situation can not be handled on sight. that's a mess. there are some great stories about successful heart procedures at pmc as well, but pmc is in no way as capible as a lot of hospitals not too far away. why take the chance.
question

Phelps, KY

#37 Oct 18, 2009
PMC stragidy wrote:
<quoted text> i really do know this for a fact. i can't tell you how. i have bills just like everybody else. if an emergency of some sort comes up where heart surgery is needed, and for some reason the patient can't be transferred to a more capible facility the patient will be treated with meds only until they can be moved. if during surgery of a low risk patient an unforseen complication or emergency comes up the priority becomes getting the patient closed up and sent out. other facilities deal with the emergency and if any way possible, go on with the planned surgery. another problem with the pmc heart program is when an emergency comes up while a patient is on the cath table and the situation can not be handled on sight. that's a mess. there are some great stories about successful heart procedures at pmc as well, but pmc is in no way as capible as a lot of hospitals not too far away. why take the chance.
So it would be safe to say, if you was having a heart attack or something, you would rather go away from here to Lex. or Huntington? Even if there was a chance you would die on the trip? Also, where do you get the info you are putting on here? Do you work in the heart lab or do heart surgery? Maybe you are a nurse that works in the heart department? How are you getting this info that you are posting? Hearsay? A dream you had last night? Something you thought of while smoking that funny stuff?
PMS stragidy

United States

#38 Oct 18, 2009
question wrote:
<quoted text>So it would be safe to say, if you was having a heart attack or something, you would rather go away from here to Lex. or Huntington? Even if there was a chance you would die on the trip? Also, where do you get the info you are putting on here? Do you work in the heart lab or do heart surgery? Maybe you are a nurse that works in the heart department? How are you getting this info that you are posting? Hearsay? A dream you had last night? Something you thought of while smoking that funny stuff?
first of all, if i was having a heart episode i would come to pmc. they do have the latest meds available, and this is what is needed during a heart attack. i would not come here for elective heart surgery. second, i assure my info is accurate. you can take it or leave it.
INFO MAN

Pikeville, KY

#39 Oct 18, 2009
I don't know anything about raises and bonus for PMC employees but I would like to make a comment about some things that I have heard on this post. This is a response to the people that for some reason feel the need to put down PMC and it's employees. On October 8 I was hurt at work. My head was busted open and I needed 20 staples to close the wound. I came to PMC on this past friday to have them taken out. Every employee of PMC that came in contact with was very nice to me. Everyone from the woman behind the desk in the triage department that takes your information, the nurses, the doctor and even the lady in the billing department where very nice to me and any other patients I seen them with. Anyway, PMC is a good hospital that we are lucky to have in this area. I always hear on the radio and news about ways that they are trying to improve. PMC is striving to have the best technology to help care for you, like the advanced diagnostic equitment, The new stand up mri which is designed to be more comfortable for patients. The Leonard Lawson Canter Center was the second cancer center in the world to purchase the 2.6 million dollar Oncor Impression Linear Accelerator. This system can effectively treat many cancers that were untreatable before, and many that are inoperable due to their proximity to vital organs. This innovation, along with our physicians and a top-notch staff lead to a PRC 5 Star Service award ranking Oncology Care at PMC in the top 1% in the nation. They are constantly adding new technology to make things better for you. PMC has performed 674 open heart surgeries with heart doctors that gave up careers in Lexignton to be here. We are lucky to have a hospital like PMC. You think because you have one bad expeirience that gives you the right to put the hospital down. This hospital is always trying to get better. They have some very educated and expeirienced doctors that could be working somewhere else but decide to be here for you. But if you think that you can do any better, why don't you go to nursing or medical school and lets see what kind of a job you can do. That's right you are going to just sit there and bitch. You are to lazy to get up and get a real job. The workers at PMC have real careers that they worked their tail off to earn. They deserve every cent of the money that they earn, maybe more. They have a hard job sometimes and their here to help you. Show a little respect. Just so ya know, PMC was a top 10 finalist for the nation's hospital of the year by the American Alliance of health care providers. Before you put the business down, go check your facts.
INFO MAN

Pikeville, KY

#40 Oct 18, 2009
FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON"T REALIZE HO GOOD PMC REALLY IS HERE ARE THE FACTS

The Level 4 Excellence Award The Kentucky Center for Performance Excellence
5-Star Rating for Cholecystectomy
5-Star Rating for Hip Fracture Repair
5-Star Rating for Treatment of Pneumonia
5-Star Rating for Treatment of Respiratory Failure
American Cancer Society’s “Multiple Team Excellence Award”
American Cancer Society’s Community Volunteer of the Year Award to the Leonard Lawson Cancer Center
American Diabetes Association’s Recognition Award to PMC’s Diabetes Education department
Best Places to Work in KY Award (#4) Awarded by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
Central Kentucky Blood Center’s Lifetime Achievement Award presented to Walter E. May
Chamber of Commerce award for Community Involvement
CMS Certificate of Appreciation presented to the Wellness Department
Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award presented by the American College of Surgeons (given to the top 7 percent of cancer programs in the nation each year)
Get Healthy Kentucky Award recipient (by the governor’s office)
Hospital of Choice recipient and a Top 10 finalist for the nation’s Hospital of the Year award by the American Alliance of Health Care Providers
Kentucky Hospital Association Award for Leadership and Governance award
Kentucky’s First Level 3 Accredited Chest Pain Center, the highest recognition given by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
McKesson National VIP Award for Supporting Organizational Growth and Technology
National American Organization of Nurse Executive Award (Partnership Award) presented to Cheryl Hickman
PMC’s Leonard Lawson Cancer Center was the recipient of the highly-acclaimed Judith Ann Cook Excellence Award (the only hospital in Kentucky to receive the award)
PRC 4-Star Customer Service Top Performer for Overall Inpatient Services
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Cardiothoracic Vascular Unit
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Inpatient Rehabilitation (Top 1% in the Nation)
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Obstetrics
PRC 5-Star Service Award in Oncology (Top 1% in the Nation)

PRC Cancer/Oncology Top Performer (Overall Quality of Care)
Ranked Among the Top 10 (#8) in Kentucky for Joint Replacement
Top 10 Best Places to Work in Kentucky (two consecutive years)

I want to say thank you to the employees of PMC. You have a job that is sometimes hard. I have a great deal of respect for people that live their entire lives helping people. When a person checks the facts they realize just how good of a hospital we have right here in PIkeville. But anyway, to the employees of Pikeville Medical Hospital, thank you for the work that you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any info on pmc pain doctor su gym kim (Dec '14) 41 min jay 32
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 56 min lQQK 28,214
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wes250 141,257
Cody Phillips (Oct '09) 1 hr angelina phillips 53
slim 2 hr An x 2
ob/gyn (Sep '09) 3 hr Slr 57
Pig in a poke 3 hr Curious 10
Review: Meta Baptist Church Mon kellerman 16
W. Keith Hall News (Dec '14) Mon Amy 261
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages