UPIKE Financial Aid
New Student

Duluth, GA

#1 Jan 1, 2013
I've been going to Big Sandy and am now switching to UPike. I was wanting to know if they do financial aid like Big Sandy? Also any information about the school is helpful,I'd just like to see what it's like.
Thanks for all the replies
student

Richmond, KY

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Contact the UPIKE Admissions office, not TOPIX, for reliable information. UPIKE is fully accredited and issues financial aid that is funded from the federal and state government if the student qualifies. Seriously, contact the school and get correct answers.
bearbeers

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2013
How does Big Sandy do it, dry or with lube? UPike likes to give it to all their students dry. Have fun.
hmmm

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2013
seems like you would have checked into these things before you decided to transfer there
Hmmm

Logan, WV

#5 May 10, 2013
I went to Upike. It is expensive, especially if you live on campus. Do Not take out private loans, those people are vultures. Also, do not take out Perkins Loans even though it's federal. If you cannot obtain employment and default UPike will not give you transcripts. You can apply for aid through. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov and then talk to the financial advisers. I will warn you they will not tell you have private loans companies operate. If you can't get federal loans, grants, and financial aid to cover your tuition I'd recommend going somewhere else.
yup

Richmond, KY

#6 May 10, 2013
Don't take out student loans.It is nothing but a scam.I pay in twice what I am suppose to pay each month and the balance hardly lowers,or the total payoff.My required monthly payment is $48.00 and I send in $100.00 every month but only about $20.00 is taken off each month.At this rate I will have the loan paid off around the time I am able to retire.And that's if I am lucky enough to get a job in the field I went to school for.
yup

Richmond, KY

#7 May 10, 2013
hmmm wrote:
seems like you would have checked into these things before you decided to transfer there
I agree.That should be the first thing to do before transferring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Just wait 142,473
Judge Combs Redux 36 min Transparency 64
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 43 min Cowboy 613
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 45 min Doug77 24,627
Vote Ray Out 2 hr New Day 51
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr KY way my way 28,795
Jacky Darryl and his Gas Card 3 hr JayCee 6
Wreck 4 hr death sucks 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages