First Prev
of 2
Next Last
April

Pikeville, KY

#1 Feb 6, 2010
Who does Botox in the area. Who is the best? Who is the cheapest? I am in desperate need!!
ky gal

Aberdeen, OH

#2 Feb 7, 2010
Dr.Lavender does mine and I need some bad tooooo. It will cost about 250.00 for your lines in between your eyes and on the sides of your lips....that may be more or less don't quote me here. Price may be up..You can also have it done at Dr. Greg Hazletts office and I love him too ..He did a brow lift for me and did my eye lids...and I would have more if I could afford it..You look sooo much better.... refreshed and that makes you feel better go for it...
Eastern KY

Harold, KY

#3 Feb 7, 2010
Doesn't Botox just cause the skin to swell to fill in the wrinkle?
loveit

Pikeville, KY

#4 Feb 7, 2010
I go to Lavender and he is good, mine around the eyes and forhead was 500.00. Worth every penny I had to scrape up for it!!!!
I Shall Say

Macon, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2010
Grow old Gracefully ladies...that is Gods Gift to all man kind.
EEEW

Pikeville, KY

#6 Feb 7, 2010
You scraped up money to inject fat into your face?

Jeez.

Take a look at Nancy Pelosi, that is what your face will look like later.

EEK you poor women, I'm sure you weren't ugly enough to have to do that to yourself.
ky gal

Manchester, OH

#7 Feb 7, 2010
Have you taken a GOOD LOOK at the women in this area?? They smoke....get in the sun till they looked like a wrinkled up dryed up mess.. I refuse to go there... And the HAIR oh my gosh dryed up frizzys half bleached LADIES take a good look in the mirrow before you leave the house....... and on the other hand ..Ladies also DON'T overdue it with the botox.... face lifts etc..... just a little makes you look soooo much better.....
little bit

Pikeville, KY

#8 Feb 7, 2010
The wrinkled dried up look comes from overuse of tanning beds. They ruin you skin.
loveit

Pikeville, KY

#9 Feb 7, 2010
I don't smoke, I take very good of myself. I don't "really" have to scrape to get money for it. Sure my money could go to better things but this makes me feel and look better. The crows feet around the eyes are gone. I love that. Grow old gracefully? Thats for people with no pride in themselves. I think we need to do all we can do to keep looking good. I'm not saying everyone should go out and get botox but I mean by exercising and eating well. Gray hair? NEVER! As long as they make hair dye I'll never be gray. Years ago I was overweight, let myself go and had no energy. I am now fit and healthy and I feel the best in 20 years. When I no I look good, I feel good.
OK BUT

Pikeville, KY

#10 Feb 7, 2010
loveit wrote:
I don't smoke, I take very good of myself. I don't "really" have to scrape to get money for it. Sure my money could go to better things but this makes me feel and look better. The crows feet around the eyes are gone. I love that. Grow old gracefully? Thats for people with no pride in themselves. I think we need to do all we can do to keep looking good. I'm not saying everyone should go out and get botox but I mean by exercising and eating well. Gray hair? NEVER! As long as they make hair dye I'll never be gray. Years ago I was overweight, let myself go and had no energy. I am now fit and healthy and I feel the best in 20 years. When I no I look good, I feel good.
Well, the thing is tho, and lady please don't think I'm trying to give you a hard time, because I'm not, I'm just asking for the sake of learning..

What about when you get older, and quit the botox thing? Won't your face look like a big play-doh masterpiece?
Seriously, I'm asking. It seems that it is all good while you are keeping it going, but later on, won't the "aging" kinda hit you all at once, and be even worse than it would have naturally?

Again, not dogging anyone who makes their choices, I think if you want to shoot gummi bears in your face, it's your choice, but I seriously want to know about that, maybe I'm wrong, but I just wondered.

Have those of you who do this, at least researched about that possibility?
Keepin my looks

Williamson, WV

#11 Feb 7, 2010
Ok botox goes around the eyes and forehead. I love it, couldn't and wouldn't want to live without it! Restalyene etc.. goes around the mouth, love it, as well! Botox is not a fat injection, it relaxes your muscles it virtually stops and prevents new wrinkles from forming. Those of us who use it now will be reaping the rewards for using it in years to come. I have always been attractive, so why would I want to let myself go? I recently tried Dysport, but the doctor would only do my forehead.Dysport was much cheaper than Botox, but it takes twice as much so the forehead was $285. In theory it last longer than Botox, we'll see! Prices for Botox have gone down alot since it first came out. My friend in Lexington gets it everywhere for $350. I wish we had a doctor in our area that would do it all for that, they would have a lobby full of patients with just me and my friends! I agree when I look good, I feel good.
andrea

Pikeville, KY

#12 Feb 7, 2010
OK BUT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the thing is tho, and lady please don't think I'm trying to give you a hard time, because I'm not, I'm just asking for the sake of learning..
What about when you get older, and quit the botox thing? Won't your face look like a big play-doh masterpiece?
Seriously, I'm asking. It seems that it is all good while you are keeping it going, but later on, won't the "aging" kinda hit you all at once, and be even worse than it would have naturally?
Again, not dogging anyone who makes their choices, I think if you want to shoot gummi bears in your face, it's your choice, but I seriously want to know about that, maybe I'm wrong, but I just wondered.
Have those of you who do this, at least researched about that possibility?
I used botox religously for 8 years...three times a year. I got tired of the expense and upkeep and quit for two years. My upper eyelids sag now worse than they would have due to the fact that I no longer use the technique to slightly pull them up at the corners. I truly loved botox when I used it, but it's just something that you have to keep up regularly. If you use botox on a regular basis, you'll eventually have to go hard core with the knife. My plan was to never have a facelift, but now I think it has to be an option because of my use of botox.
OK BUT

Pikeville, KY

#13 Feb 7, 2010
Ok just learned this, I thought it was injected fatty tissue, but here is the "skinny".

Botox is made from Botulinum Toxin Type, a protein complex produced by a bacterium, which has the same toxin that results in food poisoning.

In small, medical doses, however, this bacterium blocks the release of a chemical known as acetylcholine that is released by the nerve cells, virtually blocking electrical messages sent by the brain (and more specifically, by acetylocholine) to the muscles to contract and move. Because these messages are blocked, there is less of a chance of developing fine lines and wrinkles.

Originally intended to treat eye spasms and eye misalignments, botox was approved in 2002 for cosmetic use.

Damn, that's wild.

Ah, like I said, it's your body, I just had a question about does your face "go to tha dogs", when you discontinue use later in life?
happy

Pikeville, KY

#14 Feb 7, 2010
I say do whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
getting old

Pikeville, KY

#15 Feb 7, 2010
could it be andrea because that happens with age?
andrea

Pikeville, KY

#16 Feb 7, 2010
getting old wrote:
could it be andrea because that happens with age?
If we live, we age...period. I'm lucky and i'm aging well. However, the one eye that they would always put more above is now actually sagging much worse than the other eye. My post was misleading, I'm not that old..not even 40. It just so happens that botox is definitely something that has to be continued, if it is not, you stand a great chance that your face will show it hard. I've used it long enough, I should know.
doc

Pikeville, KY

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Dr Bailey at home town family medical does botox not sure how much but he is really good. His office is in prestonsburg
graceful

Pikeville, KY

#18 Feb 7, 2010
Good gosh! You aren't even forty yet and have been using botox for eight years? So now you are saying that your "face will show it hard"? Are you saying that you look bad now because you stopped using botox?
I just turned sixty and am just now considering using it; but then I have stayed out of the sun and tanning beds. I don't even have that many lines around my eyes or forehead, just the lip area. I guess that one's genes has a lot to do with how you age too. Sagging eyes will occur in some whether they use botox or not.
andrea

Pikeville, KY

#19 Feb 7, 2010
graceful wrote:
Good gosh! You aren't even forty yet and have been using botox for eight years? So now you are saying that your "face will show it hard"? Are you saying that you look bad now because you stopped using botox?
I just turned sixty and am just now considering using it; but then I have stayed out of the sun and tanning beds. I don't even have that many lines around my eyes or forehead, just the lip area. I guess that one's genes has a lot to do with how you age too. Sagging eyes will occur in some whether they use botox or not.
Where have you been? People are using botox in their 20's...that's not unheard of..it's quite common. All I'm saying is that I chose to stop using it for personal reasons and I could tell a major difference. I think botox had a lot to do with it. I still look good, but I feel that there is sag where there wouldn't have been if I hadn't used botox. Again, it's one of those things that you have to keep up. And, not to be mean, but if you are 60, you probably could use a face lift and not botox. There's only so much a needle can do. You get to the point that a face pull is mandatory and 60 is it.
Eastern KY

Harold, KY

#20 Feb 8, 2010
I Shall Say wrote:
Grow old Gracefully ladies...that is Gods Gift to all man kind.
To each their own. I believe we invest all of our lives in our home, cars,......... Why not invest in yourself? I am 52 and plain on doing the lower face lift this summer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min Ex-Democrat for M... 13,266
the expo does it again! 10 min chewtabackerspit 56
Word Association (Aug '11) 34 min Jennifer Renee 5,246
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 57 min Musikologist 22,730
State rep and mine inspector indicted on briber... 57 min umg psc coverup 15
LITAFIK Wins DEBATE 1 hr Govt 21
who is this dave guy (Jan '10) 3 hr Tina 523
The R & R Show (Roger Johnson & Ralph Kilgore) 6 hr Shew 23
Arrogance Bulling of Pikeville HS 8 hr truth is 17
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 9 hr Observer 46
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs