Deskins Motor rips people off

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2012
Saturday, my x-mother-in-law went to Deskins and purchased a used Chrysler 200. She had a very nice trade in, but didn't get Kelly Blue book value for some reason. Then after making what she thought was a good deal, she went home. Her daughter told me of all the $$$ numbers, and things didn't add up. 1st. with what she paid to Deskins she could have bought a new 300 {loaded} in Lexington. 2nd. the trade in cost wasn't subtracted correctly, around $3,000.00 difference. 3rd. she asked several times for the price of the Chrysler 200 and was told "we'll have to see". I would keep going but I'd take up too many pages on Topix. If you want my opinion about Deskins Motor Co. remove the kids from the room and plug your ears. GOD!!! I hate companys that lie, and steel from honest people, just to make a dollar.
Heather

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jun 25, 2012
Dee wrote:
Saturday, my x-mother-in-law went to Deskins and purchased a used Chrysler 200. She had a very nice trade in, but didn't get Kelly Blue book value for some reason. Then after making what she thought was a good deal, she went home. Her daughter told me of all the $$$ numbers, and things didn't add up. 1st. with what she paid to Deskins she could have bought a new 300 {loaded} in Lexington. 2nd. the trade in cost wasn't subtracted correctly, around $3,000.00 difference. 3rd. she asked several times for the price of the Chrysler 200 and was told "we'll have to see". I would keep going but I'd take up too many pages on Topix. If you want my opinion about Deskins Motor Co. remove the kids from the room and plug your ears. GOD!!! I hate companys that lie, and steel from honest people, just to make a dollar.
You have so long to take a car back in Ky
cincinnati kid

Mason, OH

#3 Jun 25, 2012
No you do not have the opportunity to take the car back in any state.The three day cooling off period is for door to door sales where a salesman comes to your house.No i do not work at deskins just been in the business 28yrs.
TRUTH

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jun 25, 2012
I have been in the car business for around 14 years and I got news for You NO ONE gets Kelly Blue book price out of a trade. I don't care where you trade. If they give you what the car books for then they can't have any mark up in the vehicle and they make no money off of that vehicle when it is sold. Also when you add in the cost of service work done to get it lot ready and detailing the car they would have more in the car than what it books for.TRUST ME NEVER NEVER NEVER trade in a vehicle sell it out right if you can. Most vehicles on any car dealership have 3 to 5K mark up you trade me your car I give you 3k for it I still make 2k and I have nothing in your car and I sell it for 5k I have made 7k for you trading with me. THANKS ALOT COME AGAIN.
TRUTH

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
You have so long to take a car back in Ky
In KY you have a 30 day lemon law ONLY on a brand new purchased vehicle. In KY on a USED car once you sign the paperwork if it falls apart into 800 parts all of them belong to you.
cincinnati kid

Mason, OH

#7 Jun 25, 2012
lemon law is for a new car that has a problem that the dealer has tried to fix either four or five times an is un able to repair .Paying too much does not make a car a lemon.
Dee

Georgetown, KY

#8 Jun 26, 2012
After a phone call or two was made yesterday about the math on the contract, a price adjustment was made. I wonder why?? A $4,000.00 correction was made, and the financial agency was changed from Huntington{???} to Community Trust. This change of angency lowed her interest rate by 3%. It doesn't sound like a big change, but it was. While at Deskins making these corections, the salesperson saw her and asked what was going on. To her surprize and now much lowered commission, she apologized. It amaes me what a simple phone will do.
curious

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jun 26, 2012
You don't know how many people they have done that to. They were trying to scr_w u but u caught them. otherwise they still would have made that extra 4000. I know of several people who put large sums of cash down on their financing and then after they received their contract in the mail it didn't show their money down????
HONESTLY

Pikeville, KY

#10 Jun 26, 2012
I have personally bought 12 vehicles from Deskins Motor Company and have been very pleased each and every time. And for the record no business could stay in business for 40 years if they weren't doing things the way they should be done. Evidentally there are plenty of happy satisfied customers like myself or they wouldn't keep coming back and Deskins still be in business. They can not charge you more than what a vehicle can get approved for at a bank and the bank uses the NADA values..and my mother in law has a new loaded up 300 which cost $40K so no bank would approve a used 200 for that amount..But in the end they made the situation right anyway and changing banks can drastically change numbers especially when your dealing with interest rates these days...Everyone is always on here to just say negative things and never anything positive..so i would like to say thank you deskins motors for the service i have received
Act quickly

Dana, KY

#11 Jun 26, 2012
I got stuck in a deal one time at Toyota when my wife signed papers and didn't really understand what the interest rate was (even tho it was on the contract). I went with her 2 days later and they did give her the trade in and let her get out because she didn't understand, nor did they giver time to read the contract.

Call the Kentucky Attorney General office and don't waste time doing that. If she is elderly, or on medication I think they will help you.
Dee

Georgetown, KY

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Whoever you are 'Honestly'(must be an employee), I never mentioned any amount she paid. The only reason she got an adjustment is because we caught it. Even I know how to add & subtract. Then they found out "Hey"!!! your right, we messed up. P.S. As far as interest rates or NADA values, my x-mother-in-law is retired from Bellsouth/AT&T and her husband was retired from CSX, and she could have paid cash for it, because; as far as money goes she's got more than Fort Knox. Also she does banking with Community Trust and wasn't told about other finance agencies. Don't worry 'Honestly' she'll pay it off in 6 months or less, so you'll still recievce a paycheck. I'm not here to say negative things about Deskins motors, just the truth of what occured, and to tell them they lost a future customer.
Rip Off

Richmond, KY

#13 Jun 26, 2012
These people and people like them are the reason I bought my last 7 new vehicles in Lexington. The only way to keep from being ripped off at Deskins is to not drive on the lot!
HONESTLY

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jun 26, 2012
Doesn't matter to me how much money someone has or if they pay cash or not does not effect me in any way, form or fashion or how soon they will be paying it off. I'm glad that God has blessed them to have more money than Fort Knox then. I was just telling the truth about the experiences I have had with them. You have a bad one I've had 12 great experiences purchasing vehicles. We all have our opinions. Guess that's why its a free world.
disgusted

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jun 26, 2012
$27,000 for a two year old Jeep Wrangler two-door sport, with manual transmission, windows, and doors? I think not.
curious

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jun 26, 2012
The reason they stayed in business so long is because of Mr. Deskins. They didn't used to do business that way. They have managers now that have been fired from several places for imbezelment. Not a rumor, just the facts.
Dee

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jun 26, 2012
I forgot to mention that my brothers girlfriend was fired from Deskins for having sticky fingers. If I had known pior before she was going car shopping I would've given my opinion to her about certain local dealerships in Pike/Floyd County. Myself, I've friends that own dealerships {not Deskins} locally and have bought vehicles from them and got good deals in the past. I'm glad to hear at least one person has had a 'great exprerience' purchasing a vehicle at Deskins. I know many who haven't had the feeling. Myself, I buy my vehicles out of town and save $$$$$$$$$
yea

Langley, KY

#18 Jun 26, 2012
Dee wrote:
I forgot to mention that my brothers girlfriend was fired from Deskins for having sticky fingers. If I had known pior before she was going car shopping I would've given my opinion to her about certain local dealerships in Pike/Floyd County. Myself, I've friends that own dealerships {not Deskins} locally and have bought vehicles from them and got good deals in the past. I'm glad to hear at least one person has had a 'great exprerience' purchasing a vehicle at Deskins. I know many who haven't had the feeling. Myself, I buy my vehicles out of town and save $$$$$$$$$
I hope that when women need to trade or purchase a vehicle, they will take someone with them who knows how to wheel and deal with these people. Some women are as knowledgable as men when it comes to dealing, but some aren't, and those women are more likely to be taken to the cleaners.
As for the dealerships in Pike Co., my family members are never able to get as good a deal here as they get when they go to WVA. They always try dealing in Pikville first, but always end up somewhere else getting a much better deal.
Unhappy

Pikeville, KY

#19 Jul 10, 2012
Agree!!!! Buy anywheres but here!!!!!!!
well

Kimper, KY

#20 Jul 13, 2012
Dee wrote:
Whoever you are 'Honestly'(must be an employee), I never mentioned any amount she paid. The only reason she got an adjustment is because we caught it. Even I know how to add & subtract. Then they found out "Hey"!!! your right, we messed up. P.S. As far as interest rates or NADA values, my x-mother-in-law is retired from Bellsouth/AT&T and her husband was retired from CSX, and she could have paid cash for it, because; as far as money goes she's got more than Fort Knox. Also she does banking with Community Trust and wasn't told about other finance agencies. Don't worry 'Honestly' she'll pay it off in 6 months or less, so you'll still recievce a paycheck. I'm not here to say negative things about Deskins motors, just the truth of what occured, and to tell them they lost a future customer.
more money than fort knox and she buys a used Chrysler 200 ?....humm
Not Me

Hindman, KY

#21 Jul 13, 2012
Folks I'm here to tell you that...BETTER DEALS ARE FOUND IN LARGER CITIES. Reason being, more vehicles roll off the lot, a large customer base and more competition in the area reduce prices. Salespeople don't have to make a large commission off of just a few buyers, they have many buyers and can reduce their commission and still make good money.

Always use your bank to finance the vehicle you plan to buy, you'll save.

Do your homework, with the info on the net nowadays you can walk into a dealership with the knowledge that salespeople hate to see someone have. If you don't understand haggling over the price of a vehicle you had better take someone with you that does.

I can go to Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, or any other large city and get about any vechile 3 too 5 thousand dollars cheaper than you can buy it around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white sissy boy needs c#ock 1 hr Gator 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 158,064
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 9,201
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 26,679
Hypocrite McConnell 2 hr Hypocrit McTurtle 5
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 2 hr Trump Is Orange 3,601
Brian Morris Said 2 hr Dagnabit Jeff A 72
Pea and Wee PLLC 2 hr Amy 22

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages