ATT internet usage charge

ATT internet usage charge

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

wondering

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Sep 22, 2013
did anyone else get a extra charge for internet usage? happened last month they took it off now again this month.. I was told it was unlimited no way will I pay a extra charge! where else can I get internet?
Wally

Winchester, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2013
wondering wrote:
did anyone else get a extra charge for internet usage? happened last month they took it off now again this month.. I was told it was unlimited no way will I pay a extra charge! where else can I get internet?
My understanding is that AT&T imposes a monthly cap of 150 gig on internet use; beyond 150 gig there is a $10.00 change for each additional 50 gig. I presume that the "extra charge" to which you refer relates to that. I strongly suspect that AT&T terms of service allow them to change those sorts of things at will so that "unlimited" means whatever they say it means.

IF it is an excess use charge you are talking about, they should have sent you a reminder e-mail when you reached 65% and again at 90%. Furthermore if it is excess use charges you are talking about, they should have been waived the first two times you exceeded the max.
wondering

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2013
if this is the case I need different internet I don't have cable so netflix is used a lot plus I have two teenager who are always on my daughter never disconnects her phone..who has a unlimited internet service? I never got charged extra before and have had them for years. when I go to the web site on my bill for more information it seems it is for a business and ways to track what your employees are doing on line. I will disconnect before I pay overage it is already high enough guess I'll be sitting in the park.anyone have any other internet suggestions?
seriously

Virgie, KY

#4 Sep 22, 2013
wondering wrote:
if this is the case I need different internet I don't have cable so netflix is used a lot plus I have two teenager who are always on my daughter never disconnects her phone..who has a unlimited internet service? I never got charged extra before and have had them for years. when I go to the web site on my bill for more information it seems it is for a business and ways to track what your employees are doing on line. I will disconnect before I pay overage it is already high enough guess I'll be sitting in the park.anyone have any other internet suggestions?
Ummm, you have two teenager who are always on your daughter? Some parent you are. Lol. How hard is it to use punctuation?
I love to cook my kids and my family
Wally

Winchester, KY

#5 Sep 22, 2013
wondering wrote:
if this is the case I need different internet I don't have cable so netflix is used a lot plus I have two teenager who are always on my daughter never disconnects her phone..who has a unlimited internet service?
Without having cable your options in this part of the world are VERY limited -- and the trend these days appears for everyone to sock it to high volume users. The only thing you can do is ride herd on their use. While it isn't the easiest site to use, you can monitor things at www.att.com/internet-usage . What you do when the kids are approaching the max is another issue.
know it all

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Sep 22, 2013
use dailup get it from lightyear network no limted on it just 14.95 a month
seriously

Virgie, KY

#7 Sep 22, 2013
know it all wrote:
use dailup get it from lightyear network no limted on it just 14.95 a month
You can't even check email with dial up. It's useless.
Best thing to do is go get cable. I've bundled my landline, Internet, and cable for $130 a month. We rarely watch tv, but use the Internet all the time. We watch Netflix all the time.
My landline alone through att was $70 a month, then directv was another $120. The Internet is unlimited with imc.
Another poster

San Jose, CA

#8 Sep 25, 2013
?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr RAGU 138,165
15 cop cars on u.s. 23 3 hr old dude 4
cop who got shot at wolfpit 3 hr Karma 13
Daryl Amburgey (Mar '10) 3 hr Noneofmybizbut 15
Shooting at little robinson? 3 hr Noneofmybizbut 2
It's Official Eric C Conns Clients 3 hr old dude 45
SS Is Notifying People That Lawyer Committed 3 hr old dude 56
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 4 hr IND 27,270
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search